Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
One of the worst performances in years?! 19:47 - Aug 20 with 15687 viewsymaohyd

Well that's my take on it.

First of all, well done Hull and Mike Phelan, had a game plan, stuck to it, didn't deserve to win, but that's football...Chwarae Teg.

Yes we passed the ball around ok, but absolutely clueless from Guidolin. Completely out coached by Phelan.

I think all of us pre game would have predicted Hull adopting the tactics they did, no surprise. To adopt tactics with a slow, pedantic approach approach....crap.

Blog: World Cup Performance = Transfer Speculation?

One of the worst performances in years?! on 17:27 - Aug 21 with 1407 viewsMurph75

One of the worst performances in years?! on 17:20 - Aug 21 by oh_tommy_tommy

Siggy was the worst player on the pitch yesterday ,way off the pace .

He wasn't great. Certainly wasn't the worst.
One of the worst performances in years?! on 17:27 - Aug 21 with 1406 viewsjack247

And last week (thought he improved slightly yesterday but was still way off it). Hell of a disadvantage if you are trying to play most of your attacks through one player and he isn't yet sharp enough.

I'm convinced Llorente and our wingers will look better when Siggy is fully match fit.
One of the worst performances in years?! on 17:36 - Aug 21 with 1393 viewsBrynmill_Jack

He really was wasn't he. Terrible delivery from corners too.

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

One of the worst performances in years?! on 17:43 - Aug 21 with 1374 viewsA_Fans_Dad

One of the worst performances in years?! on 17:36 - Aug 21 by Brynmill_Jack

Not as good in fact as Barrows.
Who took them from the other side last week, was it Kingsley?
One of the worst performances in years?! on 17:44 - Aug 21 with 1373 viewsBrynmill_Jack

One of the worst performances in years?! on 11:25 - Aug 21 by exiledclaseboy

That sums it up nicely for me.

If one of those goes in Hull have to come out and attack us and we could frustrate THEM and hit them on the break. Could just asy easily ended up 2-3 nil in our favour. What worries me is now Hull have shown the way will all of the less fancied sides come down here with the same mindset? We really have to change our play if so.

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

One of the worst performances in years?! on 17:46 - Aug 21 with 1365 viewsjojaca

One of the worst performances in years?! on 17:36 - Aug 21 by Brynmill_Jack

We build him up to be better than he actually is, in reality he would struggle to get on the bench for all of the top 6 clubs. He lacks a yard a of pace and we need to create open space for him for him to do his work.

Even when you know, you never know?

One of the worst performances in years?! on 17:47 - Aug 21 with 1365 viewsPrivate_Partz

They did a job on us. We have done the same to Arsenal etc many times. People complain about the pace. How can you run at pace at two lines of defence that refuse to switch their shape? You have to play around them and use the flanks. This we tried to do but Routs and Barrow wernt as effective as they can be and when the ball ran free in the box we did not get the rub of the green.
Had we scored it would have been a different story as Hull would have to have come out of their shell in the second half.
We got hit with the sucker punch and the second goal came as a result of pushing up and trying to get back into the game.
We will play the same against certain teams and others will do the same against us.
It was disappointing but nowhere near as bad as some are making out. Hull and Burnley played in exactly the same way. It worked once, failed on another.
Nothing to panic about ...... Unless we are in the same position come November of course ;-)
[Post edited 21 Aug 2016 17:51]

You have mission in life to hold out your hand, To help the other guy out, Help your fellow man. Stan Ridgway

One of the worst performances in years?! on 17:47 - Aug 21 with 1363 viewsoh_tommy_tommy

One of the worst performances in years?! on 17:27 - Aug 21 by Murph75

He wasn't great. Certainly wasn't the worst.

Fernandez pushed him close

Poll: DO you support the uk getting involved in Syria

Login to get fewer ads

One of the worst performances in years?! on 17:49 - Aug 21 with 1353 viewsjack247

One of the worst performances in years?! on 17:44 - Aug 21 by Brynmill_Jack

If one of those goes in Hull have to come out and attack us and we could frustrate THEM and hit them on the break. Could just asy easily ended up 2-3 nil in our favour. What worries me is now Hull have shown the way will all of the less fancied sides come down here with the same mindset? We really have to change our play if so.

It's nothing new, teams have been doing that down here since the Martinez days, bar possibly our first season in the Prem. We have always had a gamechanger in our side and would have fancied our chances to break them down. We didn't really have that yesterday.

It's not as if Hull have stumbled on some magic formula, they are just well organised and defensive.
One of the worst performances in years?! on 17:54 - Aug 21 with 1339 viewsPrivate_Partz

One of the worst performances in years?! on 17:49 - Aug 21 by jack247

It's nothing new, teams have been doing that down here since the Martinez days, bar possibly our first season in the Prem. We have always had a gamechanger in our side and would have fancied our chances to break them down. We didn't really have that yesterday.

It's not as if Hull have stumbled on some magic formula, they are just well organised and defensive.

This is right and let's see how our new forwards settle in. It is a shame we left it so late in the season to sign them and we still have at least one more to come. Our wingers underperformed in one to ones yesterday but other than that I saw nothing to panic about yesterday. It was just sooooo disappointing ;-)

You have mission in life to hold out your hand, To help the other guy out, Help your fellow man. Stan Ridgway

One of the worst performances in years?! on 18:03 - Aug 21 with 1322 viewsjohnlangy

One of the worst performances in years?! on 19:52 - Aug 20 by monmouth

I agree with the description but worst for years? Not even close to the end days of the Monk. Or indeed Watford, Villa and Narch at home...but we scraped and squeaked 1-0s in them so performance gets glossed over. And I'm assuming you're talking home. The capitulation at Newcastle was horrifically worse.

This is correct. Even with the slow build up play, if we'd scored with one of the chances and went on to win no one would be complaining. They'd be saying great tactics won us the game.
One of the worst performances in years?! on 18:21 - Aug 21 with 1289 viewsDarran

Llorente was the worst player on the pitch yesterday.

This isn't taking into consideration the fact he's new,just moved to a new country and needs to settle in but he was utter gash,saying that his name is Llorente so you're probably not allowed to say that.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

One of the worst performances in years?! on 18:26 - Aug 21 with 1281 viewsdickythorpe

One of the worst performances in years?! on 18:21 - Aug 21 by Darran

Llorente was the worst player on the pitch yesterday.

This isn't taking into consideration the fact he's new,just moved to a new country and needs to settle in but he was utter gash,saying that his name is Llorente so you're probably not allowed to say that.

I don't want to overreact just 2 games in but there was nothing he did yesterday that made him look special.
Let us just hope it was one of those bad days at the office that won't be repeated.
A very early reality check.
The squad and coaches need to work hard.
One of the worst performances in years?! on 18:32 - Aug 21 with 1272 viewsDarran

One of the worst performances in years?! on 18:26 - Aug 21 by dickythorpe

I don't want to overreact just 2 games in but there was nothing he did yesterday that made him look special.
Let us just hope it was one of those bad days at the office that won't be repeated.
A very early reality check.
The squad and coaches need to work hard.

Don't get me wrong Dick let's give him time but based on yesterday if we're talking about performances he was utter gash.

One of the worst performances in years?! on 18:48 - Aug 21 with 1247 viewsdickythorpe

One of the worst performances in years?! on 18:32 - Aug 21 by Darran

Don't get me wrong Dick let's give him time but based on yesterday if we're talking about performances he was utter gash.

Dar if this was end of October he'd be getting a slating. I just think we need to be patient and get of gylfi's back.
We are expecting too much too early.
One of the worst performances in years?! on 18:50 - Aug 21 with 1242 viewsDarran

One of the worst performances in years?! on 18:48 - Aug 21 by dickythorpe

Dar if this was end of October he'd be getting a slating. I just think we need to be patient and get of gylfi's back.
We are expecting too much too early.

Absolutely Dick I completely agree.

One of the worst performances in years?! on 18:51 - Aug 21 with 1241 viewsmonmouth

One of the worst performances in years?! on 18:32 - Aug 21 by Darran

I thought Sigurdsson was even worse overall, but I suppose at least he had that cracking shot. Agreed though, Llorente was total pony, and you could tell from the crowd reaction everytime he did something crap like fall over for no reason, or lose the ball easily with a pathetic attempt to dribble. A collective intake of breath with everyone thinking, 'oh f**k no, please god not another shit forward'.

We can't be that unlucky again surely. Let's hope he comes good when he's not marooned amongst a sea of defenders and gets himself properly into the PL groove.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

One of the worst performances in years?! on 19:05 - Aug 21 with 1224 viewsjack247

One of the worst performances in years?! on 18:51 - Aug 21 by monmouth

I thought Sigurdsson was even worse overall, but I suppose at least he had that cracking shot. Agreed though, Llorente was total pony, and you could tell from the crowd reaction everytime he did something crap like fall over for no reason, or lose the ball easily with a pathetic attempt to dribble. A collective intake of breath with everyone thinking, 'oh f**k no, please god not another shit forward'.

We can't be that unlucky again surely. Let's hope he comes good when he's not marooned amongst a sea of defenders and gets himself properly into the PL groove.

In fairness, he looked pretty promising last week. Off the pace, but did a lot of good stuff. One good game, one poor one. Still to gel with his teammates and get his sharpness. I can live with that.
One of the worst performances in years?! on 19:06 - Aug 21 with 1224 viewsphact0rri

*shrugs* I think I watched a different match. I thought the entirity of the first half we were playing them out of the park. how we didn't score is beyond me. Second half the temp plummitted we switched off (and I almost switched off the box to be fair) and we got blind sided by two goals both of which were "soft" for me.

But the worst performance in "years" I have to disagree. but its the first loss of the season and people are entitled to their freak out, doom and gloom. I'll keep a smile until boxing day and then decide if I can be happy or if I'm feeling rather dour about the whole thing.

Poll: Should EPL Refrees hold Post-Match Interviews

One of the worst performances in years?! on 19:17 - Aug 21 with 1198 viewsFlashberryjack

One of the worst performances in years?! on 11:53 - Aug 21 by jack247

He isn't going to be a nimble striker sho can turn on a sixpence and get a shot away before the keeper realises. What he will hopefully do, is hold the ball up, take defenders out and lay off intelligent balls for the likes of Gylfi to run onto. Plus provide an aerial threat of course.

The last player we had like that was Borini. Paloschi modelled himself on Inzaghi but didn't play like him.

"He isn't going to be a nimble striker who can turn on a sixpence and get a shot away"
CORRECT .

"What he will hopefully do, is hold the ball up, take defenders out and lay off intelligent balls" INCORRECT.

Borini & Poloschi are miles better than our unfit carthorse.

Hello
Poll: Should the Senedd be Abolished

One of the worst performances in years?! on 19:19 - Aug 21 with 1198 viewspencoedjack

One of the worst performances in years?! on 19:06 - Aug 21 by phact0rri

*shrugs* I think I watched a different match. I thought the entirity of the first half we were playing them out of the park. how we didn't score is beyond me. Second half the temp plummitted we switched off (and I almost switched off the box to be fair) and we got blind sided by two goals both of which were "soft" for me.

But the worst performance in "years" I have to disagree. but its the first loss of the season and people are entitled to their freak out, doom and gloom. I'll keep a smile until boxing day and then decide if I can be happy or if I'm feeling rather dour about the whole thing.

I agree haven't read the whole thread thought it was a wind up.

If Gylfis scored 1st half totally different game

Onwards & upwards 👍
One of the worst performances in years?! on 19:38 - Aug 21 with 1167 viewsFlashberryjack

One of the worst performances in years?! on 19:06 - Aug 21 by phact0rri

No! you watched the same game as the rest of us., but with respect, when you say "how we didn't score is beyond me" couldn't that be said about Hull ?

The best team won yesterday, the sooner the Manager and the fans realise this, the quicker we can move forward.

Hello
Poll: Should the Senedd be Abolished

One of the worst performances in years?! on 19:39 - Aug 21 with 1165 viewsjack247

One of the worst performances in years?! on 19:17 - Aug 21 by Flashberryjack

"He isn't going to be a nimble striker who can turn on a sixpence and get a shot away"
CORRECT .

"What he will hopefully do, is hold the ball up, take defenders out and lay off intelligent balls" INCORRECT.

Borini & Poloschi are miles better than our unfit carthorse.

Mental. He was doing it last week!
One of the worst performances in years?! on 20:01 - Aug 21 with 1145 viewsEilian

Haven't posted on here in a long time but yesterday's performance has brought me here to rant.

Someone just mentioned that we have been dealing with Hulls type of tack ticks at the liberty for a long time and he is correct. But we have changed our system since. We aren't as good at maintaining possession in the final third as what we were. We are also considerably less effective at winning back possession in the final third as what we were.

This leaves us wide open to counter attacks and this is especially dangerous these days as counterattacking seems to be the fashionable way to play at the moment.

We used to out work pretty much every team in midfield. We have completely lost the ability to do this. There is a severe lack of energy in midfield. We also used to be able to work the ball in from the wings. We are piss poor at doing this compared to how good we used to be. We also don't switch the play very well at all anymore. W have now even lost the long diagonal ball from Ass now.

Fortunately, the amount of games where teams are going to do this to us is going to be minimal as there aren't that many teams that will pay us that level of respect at home these days.
It is far more likely that it is us that are going to be playing the counter-attacking game against most teams this year. For that to be successful we are surely going to need a strong centre-half partnership in order to soak up pressure and wait for the counter. We clearly are going to be using this approach as we have 4 solid wingers in the squad.

To deal with yesterday's problems then we could do with a greater range of skills in midfield. When we have them penned in then it's the two wingers that should be in the box with the CF. Siggi should be sitting much further back. It should be his role to provide quality balls in the box and shots from distance. The FB should push up where possible and provide delivery from the wings. The 2 DM players then recycling balls and stopping the opposition breaking out.
What it basically boils down to is we should be able to make life very uncomfortable for the opposition when they sit back. I feel that we have got plenty of pace in the side to cause problems when the wingers have space to run into.

So yeah. A High energy CM / DM who has a good range of passing who can provide good quality balls into the box as well as bring the ball out of defence to start a counter.

Also a top notch centre-half. Someone with high levels of on-field leadership would not go a miss either!

Sorry for the long post but I feel very much better for getting this off of my chest! :-D
One of the worst performances in years?! on 22:44 - Aug 21 with 1063 viewsgiantstoneater

One of the worst performances in years?! on 17:47 - Aug 21 by Private_Partz

They did a job on us. We have done the same to Arsenal etc many times. People complain about the pace. How can you run at pace at two lines of defence that refuse to switch their shape? You have to play around them and use the flanks. This we tried to do but Routs and Barrow wernt as effective as they can be and when the ball ran free in the box we did not get the rub of the green.
Had we scored it would have been a different story as Hull would have to have come out of their shell in the second half.
We got hit with the sucker punch and the second goal came as a result of pushing up and trying to get back into the game.
We will play the same against certain teams and others will do the same against us.
It was disappointing but nowhere near as bad as some are making out. Hull and Burnley played in exactly the same way. It worked once, failed on another.
Nothing to panic about ...... Unless we are in the same position come November of course ;-)
[Post edited 21 Aug 2016 17:51]

I don't think it was a lack of effort on our part we just lacked creativity in and around the edge of the box and our shooting was poor. Not sure on Llorente yet for a big lad he lacked the strength. We could work on our crossing a lot and perhaps that will bring something. I`m not sure what would have happened if Llorente got injured as there was no striker on the bench. I`d like to see a bit of pace/power from central midfield areas but not sure we have a player who can give us that.
Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'GamStop' Gambling 18+
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024