Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Real Swansea Story 19:20 - Jul 22 with 7188 viewsgrfn

Guys, in "Thank you Huw" thread i read:
"But don't forget the real,people who saved the club ....
You know - the ones not in the film."
and i would like to know more about Swansea history.
I am relatively new in supporting Swansea (i like this club since it entered Premier League and became "solid" fan during 14/15 campaign so i cant describe myself as a true Jack :))
but i would like to know a little more about Swans rise after that crisis.
Could you recommend some reliable sources of information?
Also I haven't watched "Jack to a King", i tried watching it but accent was sometimes too diifficult to understand everything properly and i found it pointless to watch it and dont fully understand it (as you may guess english is not my first language :)).
Do any of you have english subtitles? I failed to find them online.
[Post edited 22 Jul 2016 19:20]
Real Swansea Story on 08:21 - Jul 24 with 1609 viewsJackfath

Real Swansea Story on 06:29 - Jul 24 by Tummer_from_Texas

Just wait out the initial bull crap. Overall, this is a good place with nice folks. And I say this as a fellow outsider. Welcome.

Well said that man.

POSTER OF THE YEAR 2013. PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE SECOND PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD.
Poll: Should Darran's ban be lifted?

Real Swansea Story on 08:28 - Jul 24 with 1605 viewsWarwickHunt

Real Swansea Story on 07:56 - Jul 24 by waynekerr55

I wonder what his take on recent events is...

I suspect he'll be keeping an eye on things...

He got stick for this when the board took dividends

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2013/apr/08/swansea-halo-owners-windfall

Turns out he was somewhat prescient.

"After football clubs first formed into companies in the 1880s the Football Association restricted dividends, to prevent owners taking money out for themselves. The character of the clubs as member associations was to be preserved, and owners and directors were to be custodians, not in it for profit. In the Premier League era that rule was serially bypassed when the clubs floated on the Stock Exchange, and the modern FA finally gave up on it.

Swansea City had seemed to embody the former ethos, a beaming exception, and now, with this dividend, that has changed. Except for the supporters' trust, which holds its shares as a mutual body, still for no pay, just for the committed sense of belonging."

All together now...

We're not diff'rent
We're not diff'rent
We're not diff'rent any more.
Real Swansea Story on 08:50 - Jul 24 with 1571 viewsUxbridge

Real Swansea Story on 18:28 - Jul 23 by WarwickHunt

Aye - me too. Was at Bishop Gore with Rich and we played in the same football team although he was a few years older than me.

A huge figure in our recent history and an absolute travesty he didn't even get a mention in the Disney version.

Will always remember one of the first meetings in the Chandos just off Trafalgar Square, I think before the Supporters Trust had actually been officially formed. About a dozen or so SEALS in attendance. Rich's passion shone through that evening, and carried everyone away with him. I have little doubt that the Trust would not have got off the ground without his vision and passion.

Funnily enough, I've been reminded of Rich more and more over the last few months and I remember him having a conversation with a few of us over this exact scenario we're facing now.

I didn't know him as well as others, but from the conversations we had, he'd have been front and centre at this time, I have little doubt.

As for the film, it's been noted that so many people were airbrushed out, but of those who were it's the likes of Rich L and Swanseajill who I know best, so their absences annoyed me most. I'm not convinced it was quite planned as the brochure some think it was, but I have little doubt it was used as one in the end.

Blog: Whose money is it anyway?

Real Swansea Story on 08:56 - Jul 24 with 1560 viewsWarwickHunt

Real Swansea Story on 08:50 - Jul 24 by Uxbridge

Will always remember one of the first meetings in the Chandos just off Trafalgar Square, I think before the Supporters Trust had actually been officially formed. About a dozen or so SEALS in attendance. Rich's passion shone through that evening, and carried everyone away with him. I have little doubt that the Trust would not have got off the ground without his vision and passion.

Funnily enough, I've been reminded of Rich more and more over the last few months and I remember him having a conversation with a few of us over this exact scenario we're facing now.

I didn't know him as well as others, but from the conversations we had, he'd have been front and centre at this time, I have little doubt.

As for the film, it's been noted that so many people were airbrushed out, but of those who were it's the likes of Rich L and Swanseajill who I know best, so their absences annoyed me most. I'm not convinced it was quite planned as the brochure some think it was, but I have little doubt it was used as one in the end.

Yep - well before the Trust was formed. I think I spent most of that evening talking about Geoff Thomas with Stu Mac.
Real Swansea Story on 09:16 - Jul 24 with 1536 viewsUxbridge

Real Swansea Story on 08:56 - Jul 24 by WarwickHunt

Yep - well before the Trust was formed. I think I spent most of that evening talking about Geoff Thomas with Stu Mac.

I spent most of it in a daze after drinking far too many Ayingebrau's with a certain Bappy. Sore heads the next day!

Blog: Whose money is it anyway?

Real Swansea Story on 17:11 - Jul 24 with 1424 viewsPhil_S

The absence of the people mentioned will always rankle with me as will Mal Pope's insistence that he wanted to use Marilyn Croft as the Trust person in the film because it balanced the male/female characters better. Assume you can take his same logic as to why we now know about Vodka and Weetabix

I have only ever watched JTAK once and do not believe I will watch again, it does kind of lead a sour taste
Real Swansea Story on 17:19 - Jul 24 with 1409 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Real Swansea Story on 17:11 - Jul 24 by Phil_S

The absence of the people mentioned will always rankle with me as will Mal Pope's insistence that he wanted to use Marilyn Croft as the Trust person in the film because it balanced the male/female characters better. Assume you can take his same logic as to why we now know about Vodka and Weetabix

I have only ever watched JTAK once and do not believe I will watch again, it does kind of lead a sour taste

Well apart fro being innacurate it was made just for the "saviours"to blow smoke up each others *rses and tell the world how great they were.

It will be a totally different story if this deal goes sour for the fans and jeapordises the club's stability. They'll then find out just how Petty must have felt , only it will be worse because they made millions out of this whereas he only walked away with loose change.

Hopefully though it will all be ok as Steve and Jason lead us to Champions league success and domestic domination.

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024