Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Half decent tv 06:36 - Apr 29 with 664232 viewsLadbrokeR

I watched the last episode of line of duty and thought that was good. Undercover has finally grabbed by attention. I quite like some of the investigative programmes Stacey Dooley does. However I can't wait for the next series of people just do nothing.
Half decent tv on 16:06 - Oct 9 with 3836 viewswillesdenr

Tonight BBC4 and iplayer at 10.00 a reshowing of "Threads" first shown in 1984. No idea if it stands the test of time, but was a harrowing watch back then. I did wonder if it was the start of the end of the cold war.
Half decent tv on 23:57 - Oct 9 with 3623 viewsMetallica_Hoop

I'm re-watching Banshee on DVD it's briliant twice.

Anyone know why it's not on Amazon/netflix?
[Post edited 9 Oct 23:58]

Beer and Beef has made us what we are - The Prince Regent

Half decent tv on 07:00 - Oct 10 with 3544 viewsjohnhoop

Half decent tv on 23:57 - Oct 9 by Metallica_Hoop

Yep, thought Banshee was really good when I watched it a few years ago.
Also very good is a Korean cop drama from 2016 called Signal on Netflix. It has elements of Life on Mars and Waking the Dead but isn’t a straight copy of either.
[Post edited 10 Oct 7:01]
Half decent tv on 07:35 - Oct 10 with 3505 viewsGus_iom

Half decent tv on 16:06 - Oct 9 by willesdenr

Tonight BBC4 and iplayer at 10.00 a reshowing of "Threads" first shown in 1984. No idea if it stands the test of time, but was a harrowing watch back then. I did wonder if it was the start of the end of the cold war.

No way would I go through that again!
Half decent tv on 09:00 - Oct 10 with 3429 viewsOrthodox_Hoop

Cannot recommend The Penguin enough. Very competent writing, superb acting (especially from Colin Farrell who I still can't believe is under that make up), and a great Yojimbo like mobster storyline. The young chap playing Vic in it is sensational, as is Christin Milioti who portrays Sofia Falcone. Only three eps in but I'm hooked and really hope it doesn't drop off towards the end.
Half decent tv on 10:12 - Oct 10 with 3358 viewshubble

I'm rewatching The Last Post. Set in the early 1960s, for me it's a pitch-perfect drama series: only 6 episodes long, brilliantly scripted and acted, with beautifully shot, stunning landscapes (Cape Town standing in for Aden) - in the last violent death throes of the British Empire. It has so many resonances with what's happening in the world right now, particularly the Middle East.

Jessica Raine (in particular) and Jessie Buckley are mesmerising as the wives of the officers in the Military police. But every single actor in this cast is spot on. This is tense, sexy, evocative and moving drama of the highest order.

Poll: Who is your player of the season?

Half decent tv on 18:43 - Oct 10 with 3119 viewsRanger_Things

Half decent tv on 23:57 - Oct 9 by Metallica_Hoop

Good show. I think I originally watched it on Amazon but now it’s on Sky.
Half decent tv on 19:12 - Oct 10 with 3078 viewsGus_iom

Half decent tv on 12:03 - Oct 9 by easthertsr

Superb doc on bbc about the Brighton bombing in1984 trying to assainate Thatcher. Brilliantly made with interviews with all concerned. Fascinating television.

Was this before or after Margaret Thatcher shot Jerry (sic) Adams?
Login to get fewer ads

Half decent tv on 21:00 - Oct 11 with 2783 viewsEsox_Lucius

I have only watched the first 2 episodes, but Ludwig with David Mitchell and Anna Maxwell-Martin is right up my street.
[Post edited 12 Oct 16:02]

The grass is always greener.

Half decent tv on 10:38 - Oct 13 with 2550 viewswestlondonisRs1882

Has anyone watched KAOS on Netflix ? I’ve just started. It’s based on Ancient Greek mythology set in mostly modern day LA.
It’s batshit crazy but strangely compelling.
Half decent tv on 16:22 - Oct 13 with 2424 viewsRanger_Things

Half decent tv on 10:38 - Oct 13 by westlondonisRs1882

Has anyone watched KAOS on Netflix ? I’ve just started. It’s based on Ancient Greek mythology set in mostly modern day LA.
It’s batshit crazy but strangely compelling.

I haven’t seen it but read that has already been cancelled. I will still make a point of watching though.
Half decent tv on 22:23 - Oct 13 with 2252 viewsGaryHaddock

I don’t know how I missed it, but just discovered Mortimer & Whitehouse: Gone Fishing.

Lovely.
Half decent tv on 00:35 - Oct 14 with 2151 viewsSydneyRs

Monsters, The Lyle and Erik Menendez story on Netflix. Some of the acting is a bit ropey but its a fascinating story. There's also a doco with footage from the actual court cases and input from those involved that is worth a look.

A strange side effect of the series is that Milli Vanilli are having something of a revival after one of their songs was played at the end of the last episode. Its been all over tiktok ever since.
Half decent tv on 08:57 - Oct 14 with 2023 viewsenfieldargh

Half decent tv on 21:00 - Oct 11 by Esox_Lucius

I have only watched the first 2 episodes, but Ludwig with David Mitchell and Anna Maxwell-Martin is right up my street.
[Post edited 12 Oct 16:02]

Ludwig is excellent

captains fantastic
Poll: SWEET F'IN CAROLINE. Played every half time

Half decent tv on 08:59 - Oct 14 with 2016 viewsGaryHaddock

Half decent tv on 00:35 - Oct 14 by SydneyRs

Monsters, The Lyle and Erik Menendez story on Netflix. Some of the acting is a bit ropey but its a fascinating story. There's also a doco with footage from the actual court cases and input from those involved that is worth a look.

A strange side effect of the series is that Milli Vanilli are having something of a revival after one of their songs was played at the end of the last episode. Its been all over tiktok ever since.

I found it a bit drawn out. Could have done with just being an hour.
Half decent tv on 20:54 - Oct 14 with 1763 viewsMrSheen

Just finished Series 2 of Pachinko, thank god. It’s beautifully made but it’s so slow, and the 1980s storylines are so much duller than the older stuff. The “Japanese are complete bustards, the Koreans are a great bunch of lads” mantra is starting to wear a bit thin.
Half decent tv on 21:40 - Oct 14 with 1720 viewsEsox_Lucius

Sweetpea is an interesting premise. It needs some suspension of credulity to work but worth a watch.

The grass is always greener.

Half decent tv on 23:58 - Oct 14 with 1627 viewsSydneyRs

Half decent tv on 08:59 - Oct 14 by GaryHaddock

I found it a bit drawn out. Could have done with just being an hour.

Yeah it definitely could have been a bit shorter, not as short as an hour though (for me anyway). The doco with actual court footage is interesting and shows up some of the stuff where poetic/artistic licence was used in the TV series.
Half decent tv on 05:28 - Oct 15 with 1486 viewsFDC

Season 3 of From has been excellent so far, after getting a bit lost ( pun intended) in Season 2. The horror aspects have been properly horrifying, and the story has progressed a fair bit over the first few episodes, which was a problem last season
Half decent tv on 06:04 - Oct 15 with 1475 viewsPlanetHonneywood

Half decent tv on 00:35 - Oct 14 by SydneyRs

The documentary was very good, but as someone said above, as with a lot of US made shows, the serialisation is too drawn out (taking nine hours to do what the documentary does in under two).

That said, the sixth episode (I think) with just Erik and his lawyer meeting in jail was very powerful.

Oh and its on Netflix, save posters searching on the myriad of media now out there.

'Always In Motion' by John Honney available on amazon.co.uk
Poll: Who should do the Birmingham Frederick?

Half decent tv on 18:31 - Oct 15 with 1240 viewsBlackCrowe

Half decent tv on 13:57 - Oct 9 by Ned_Kennedys

Also on BBC iPlayer is ‘Surviving October 7th: We Will Dance Again’
Absolutely horrendous what those at Nova Festival went through that day: also refreshing to hear those responsible for the atrocities called terrorists throughout as opposed to the BBC’s usual ‘fighters’ or ‘gunmen’.

It was an extraordinary fly on the wall...a must watch whatever your opinion on the Palestine question. Effected me greatly, humankind at it's worst and best.

Poll: Kitchen threads or polls?

Half decent tv on 21:48 - Oct 20 with 691 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Thanks for the recommendations on Shogun. Two episodes in and it's brilliant.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Half decent tv on 08:18 - Oct 21 with 538 viewsSydneyRs

Rather going against the theme of this thread, but Australia has just released a local version of The Office.

Yes, it is every bit as bad as you might expect it to be.
Half decent tv on 03:04 - Oct 25 with 169 viewscharmr

Alma’s not normal, wonderful.

Alice, Alice who the fcuk is Alice
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024