Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Another three points 17:30 - Mar 25 with 5946 views442Dale

Solid throughout and a victory that never really looked in doubt even when they scored first.

The Holt effect cannot be underestimated even when he's not having a spectacular game. He's basically running our side and controlling the referee, the opposition often look in awe. Their no.5 was intimidated on name alone.

Camps, Allen and Rose are looking a very effective midfield three right now and you can see the confidence in Allen's game all of a sudden - the goal typified that. At the back the 'kick it away first, ask questions later' philosophy is paying massive dividends and yet again I'd ask where we'd be if we hadn't stuck with bloody Lan....

Anyway, this is turning into yet another remarkable season after a error of time when we looked to be meandering nowhere. Credt to the manager and players alike.

Wigan will be ace, no pressure and everything to gain.

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Another three points on 21:30 - Mar 25 with 1712 viewsdingdangblue

Another three points on 21:28 - Mar 25 by Yorkshire_Dale

IF ONLY his finishing was a tad better?

And his passing on the edge of his own box!

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10
Poll: Are fans more annoyed losing or not playing Henderson centre forward?

Another three points on 21:38 - Mar 25 with 1692 viewsBingoballs

Another three points on 17:38 - Mar 25 by ColDale

I know its been stated elsewhere, but Joe Raff was wonderful today and even without his left footed goal, should have been a candidate for man of the match.

I agree Col, what I like about Raff is he's a defender and anything else is a extra is a bonus.
Another three points on 23:22 - Mar 25 with 1460 viewsonedalefan

Another three points on 21:38 - Mar 25 by Bingoballs

I agree Col, what I like about Raff is he's a defender and anything else is a extra is a bonus.

Appears to have calmed down a lot. In the past, had a tendency to let things get to him and ended up doing something daft and getting booked. Now seems to concentrate on the game and getting on with it
Another three points on 01:56 - Mar 26 with 1280 viewsSandyman

More accurate reporting from the BBC

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/35838944

"Jack Payne dinked a shot over goalkeeper Daniel Bentley to put Southend ahead before veteran forward Grant Holt drilled home an equaliser."

???
Another three points on 12:27 - Mar 26 with 1043 viewsDale27

JoeRaff is turning into the best right back we've had since Wayne Evans, and looking extremely solid. I think we need to tie up him to a new 2 year deal asap
Another three points on 12:39 - Mar 26 with 1012 viewsrobbowood

Another three points on 17:41 - Mar 25 by Shun

An absolutely fantastic win against a good side. We're just brilliant to watch at the moment, I love it. The excitement factor that's been missing for the majority of the season is definitely back. That second half today was a joy to watch, and the confidence in the side was so visible. Holt, Camps, McDermott, Rafferty, there were quite a few man of the match contenders, but really everyone contributed to a good, highly enjoyable win. Quite a few of the Southend fans applauded when McDermott's man of the match award was announced.
[Post edited 25 Mar 2016 17:47]

From the Southend forum

Thought the first half was pretty even and both teams played some good stuff but Rochdale started the second brightly and hit the bar from a cut-back from the left side which was a warning sign as two of the other three goals came from similar situations. Defending was poor for the goals although I thought Rochdale's finishing and shooting overall seemed quite good. It was refreshing to see a team take shots from outside the area when they get the chance.

4-1 was maybe a little harsh on us but Rochdale were certainly one of the best teams I've seen this season. Their number 12 McDermott was excellent and looked like making something happen every time he got the ball. Won't do individual ratings but yet again Payne was our stand-out player. White and Wordsworth in particular had poor games, Barnett did very little up front, and none of the subs made any impact when they came on. Bentley didn't have a great afternoon either. Another good away following considering the distances but understandably very quiet in the second half.
Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'GamStop' Gambling 18+
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024