Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Two explosions this morning at Brussels Airport 07:56 - Mar 22 with 25759 viewsbosh67

Numbers injured, just up on the news.

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

Two explosions this morning at Brussels Airport on 07:59 - Mar 22 with 5302 viewsDorse

Is there no end to this cavalcade of cunce?

'What do we want? We don't know! When do we want it? Now!'

Two explosions this morning at Brussels Airport on 08:04 - Mar 22 with 5293 viewsexiled_dictator

belgian medical services reporting 'several dead', and the media confirming one dead.
tragic.
suspect it's some sort of revenge attack following the capture of salah abdeslam earlier this week.

It's not what you've got; it's where you stick it.
Poll: Climate Change

Two explosions this morning at Brussels Airport on 08:09 - Mar 22 with 5278 viewslondonscottish

FFS.....

Poll: Do you love or hate the new Marmite ad?

Two explosions this morning at Brussels Airport on 08:15 - Mar 22 with 5258 viewspaulparker

Two explosions this morning at Brussels Airport on 07:59 - Mar 22 by Dorse

Is there no end to this cavalcade of cunce?

This will only end when the politicians & authorities pull there head out of there arse's and start getting tougher with the crackpots who support this "religion"
until then expect more of the same from these "peaceful" people because we all know the Koran doesn't support violence

RIP to those who have died today,

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

Two explosions this morning at Brussels Airport on 08:18 - Mar 22 with 5247 viewsGloucs_R

Sadly this will become a regular occurrence in Europe for the foreseeable future. ISIS are on the back foot in Iraq and Syria, their soldiers are literally fighting for their lives now with nowehere to go. Europe has been flooded with immigrants, of course the majority are genuine but there will still be a large amount flooding in to attack Europe.

I really dont fancy the European Championship this year, got a bad feeling about the England Russia game.

Poll: Are we staying up?

Two explosions this morning at Brussels Airport on 08:29 - Mar 22 with 5212 viewsToast_R

RIP to all the innocent victims of this latest cowardly attack.
Two explosions this morning at Brussels Airport on 08:30 - Mar 22 with 5210 viewsDWQPR

Two explosions this morning at Brussels Airport on 08:18 - Mar 22 by Gloucs_R

Sadly this will become a regular occurrence in Europe for the foreseeable future. ISIS are on the back foot in Iraq and Syria, their soldiers are literally fighting for their lives now with nowehere to go. Europe has been flooded with immigrants, of course the majority are genuine but there will still be a large amount flooding in to attack Europe.

I really dont fancy the European Championship this year, got a bad feeling about the England Russia game.

reports on 5Live of an explosion now in the metro near the EU building

Poll: Where will Clive put QPR in his new season preview

Two explosions this morning at Brussels Airport on 08:32 - Mar 22 with 5198 viewsMaggsinho

Explosion at a metro station there now as well.
Login to get fewer ads

Two explosions this morning at Brussels Airport on 08:33 - Mar 22 with 5198 viewsBrightonhoop

And another at a railway station ffs. No easy answers here.
Two explosions this morning at Brussels Airport on 08:36 - Mar 22 with 5180 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Two explosions this morning at Brussels Airport on 08:30 - Mar 22 by DWQPR

reports on 5Live of an explosion now in the metro near the EU building

I'd also be worried about the Euros.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Two explosions this morning at Brussels Airport on 08:40 - Mar 22 with 5161 viewswrinklyhoop

Amazed this hasn't happened sooner. All transport terminals - rail, road, trains, ships wide open to this kind of thing. Suitcase size bomb can wreak havoc.
Two explosions this morning at Brussels Airport on 08:51 - Mar 22 with 5112 viewsDorse

'Commander! The enemy has driven us back with their Kurdish fighters, Syrian forces, Turkish, Russian, US and British bombers and drones!'
'Quickly! We must attack Belgian civilians!'

Cock-juggling thundercunce.

'What do we want? We don't know! When do we want it? Now!'

Two explosions this morning at Brussels Airport on 08:52 - Mar 22 with 5111 viewsMonahoop

Two explosions this morning at Brussels Airport on 08:36 - Mar 22 by BrianMcCarthy

I'd also be worried about the Euros.

It's terrible what is happening in Belgium. I suspect security at The Euros will be immense and extremely costly. This leaves other places vulnerable to attack from these terrorists while all eyes will be on France as to see how they are dealing with things. A summer of uncertainty in Europe looms I'm afraid.

There aint half been some clever bastards.

Two explosions this morning at Brussels Airport on 08:52 - Mar 22 with 5109 viewsBrightonhoop

Two explosions this morning at Brussels Airport on 08:40 - Mar 22 by wrinklyhoop

Amazed this hasn't happened sooner. All transport terminals - rail, road, trains, ships wide open to this kind of thing. Suitcase size bomb can wreak havoc.

Need proper omb detectors at the doors to Terminals now, same levels of security for the terminals.
Terrible for those involved/injured/killed.
Two explosions this morning at Brussels Airport on 08:54 - Mar 22 with 5101 viewskropotkin41

There are no easy answers.

Of course these attacks are deplorable, and the groups behind them are despicable and dangerous. The thing is that none of it makes any sense except in the light of an honest assessment of how this all got started.

It is an uncomfortable truth for those who would rather pretend that evil sprouts spontaneously from under rocks in distant countries that what has happened in the Middle East has been a result of the imperial and foreign policies of the West. This isn't in any way to justify the murder of innocents, only to suggest that this will go on until there is a pretty fundamental change in the way power is thrown around the world.

None of this will help the poor folks caught up in this mess in Belgium today, but if we want it to stop we need to have a proper look at the causes and ask ourselves how we might stop the cycle of violence. I suggest that bombing Syria is not very helpful in this regard, neither is blaming every Muslim for the atrocities of a very few.

‘morbid curiosity about where this is all going’

Two explosions this morning at Brussels Airport on 08:57 - Mar 22 with 5088 viewsmakaveli1882

My mates and I are going to the Euros and plenty on this board going to the Russia game and I think will be just fine.
Two explosions this morning at Brussels Airport on 08:57 - Mar 22 with 5061 viewsstevec

Two explosions this morning at Brussels Airport on 08:18 - Mar 22 by Gloucs_R

Probably the safest place in the whole tournament would be the England Russia game.
If ISIS hit that match the shit storm for the Muslim world would be immense.

Hard to imagine anything other than an Emma Thompson/Jude Law led peace envoy bringing world stability after that.
Two explosions this morning at Brussels Airport on 08:59 - Mar 22 with 5074 viewsrunningman75

Another group of " foreign terrorists " who are likely to be born in Europe.
Two explosions this morning at Brussels Airport on 09:05 - Mar 22 with 5059 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Two explosions this morning at Brussels Airport on 08:15 - Mar 22 by paulparker

This will only end when the politicians & authorities pull there head out of there arse's and start getting tougher with the crackpots who support this "religion"
until then expect more of the same from these "peaceful" people because we all know the Koran doesn't support violence

RIP to those who have died today,

I don't think it's as easy as that Paul.
Two explosions this morning at Brussels Airport on 09:08 - Mar 22 with 5040 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Two explosions this morning at Brussels Airport on 08:54 - Mar 22 by kropotkin41

Of course these attacks are deplorable, and the groups behind them are despicable and dangerous. The thing is that none of it makes any sense except in the light of an honest assessment of how this all got started.

It is an uncomfortable truth for those who would rather pretend that evil sprouts spontaneously from under rocks in distant countries that what has happened in the Middle East has been a result of the imperial and foreign policies of the West. This isn't in any way to justify the murder of innocents, only to suggest that this will go on until there is a pretty fundamental change in the way power is thrown around the world.

None of this will help the poor folks caught up in this mess in Belgium today, but if we want it to stop we need to have a proper look at the causes and ask ourselves how we might stop the cycle of violence. I suggest that bombing Syria is not very helpful in this regard, neither is blaming every Muslim for the atrocities of a very few.

Balanced opinions there.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Two explosions this morning at Brussels Airport on 09:18 - Mar 22 with 5010 viewswillis1980

im due to travel to Brussels on friday morning and the missus is supposed to be boarding a flight from that very airport, we were there just over xmas and the atmosphere was tense to say the least. this wasnt helped by youths that thought it was funny to fire fireworks at people in the city centre and set off bangers, people were sh1tting themselves. There were soldiers and police wherever you looked. I cant say I was surprised when they cancelled the NYE clebrations on the grand place. anybody got any idea whether they think flights will be up and running again by friday?
Two explosions this morning at Brussels Airport on 09:20 - Mar 22 with 5001 viewsBrightonhoop

Two explosions this morning at Brussels Airport on 09:18 - Mar 22 by willis1980

im due to travel to Brussels on friday morning and the missus is supposed to be boarding a flight from that very airport, we were there just over xmas and the atmosphere was tense to say the least. this wasnt helped by youths that thought it was funny to fire fireworks at people in the city centre and set off bangers, people were sh1tting themselves. There were soldiers and police wherever you looked. I cant say I was surprised when they cancelled the NYE clebrations on the grand place. anybody got any idea whether they think flights will be up and running again by friday?

I think personally I would make alternative travel arrangements if the trip is essential, otherwise postpone.

The 13 dead seem to have died at the Airport so with 2 other explosions the death toll could well rise.
[Post edited 22 Mar 2016 9:24]
Two explosions this morning at Brussels Airport on 09:23 - Mar 22 with 4988 viewspaulparker

Two explosions this morning at Brussels Airport on 08:54 - Mar 22 by kropotkin41

Sorry but its not just a "few" or the "minority"
its a very large network behind this with a very large percentage of people & networks who support them
its not a lone wolf nutter , that would be a "minority"
like it or not we are at war with these people , there is no talking to them
now is the time we pull out of Syria and start defending these shores , use our resources to nick or deport those with extreme views , its time we got tough , if those who don't want to be here who hate western values and our cultures let them go elsewhere
im sick of this happening and it will keep happening unless we do something

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

Two explosions this morning at Brussels Airport on 09:40 - Mar 22 with 4924 viewsMrSheen

If only it were that simple. Murder in the Middle East has been going strong a lot longer than Western Imperialism and doesn't need any help from it to bubble along nicely. If terrorism was just and direct recompense for imperialism then Brussels would be under constant attack from Rwandans and Congolese rather than the children of Moroccans.
Two explosions this morning at Brussels Airport on 09:42 - Mar 22 with 4918 viewsBrightonhoop

Agree with you both, Kropotkin and Paul Parker.

There is a significant problem, the scenes of people on the streets ready to attack the police in Brussels when that b'stard was arrested last week was like scenes out of sectarian Belfast from years gone by, when the Republicans would not tolerate a large RUC/Army presence and attack. Difference being Brussels is not sectarian.

WTF are those scummy people doing protecting murderers within their community? No, not all Muslims, not even a majority can be held accountable, but when the vermin are hidden and protected within Muslim communities and able to launch local attacks like this morning it's reasonable to ask these questions of the whole Muslim community, whether it relates to bombers or peedo gangs why are they so easily able to hide in their communities, and more importantly, what are the Muslim community doing about it? Clearly not enough. Hundreds is Mulenbeck will have known that knut was still present in the neighbourhood. And French/Belgian Security Services have a lot to answer for too. The arguments about Islam being a peaceful religion or ALL muslims being innocent is allowing these cowardly scum to operate and kill with impunity, so the Muslims have to stand up to these knuts in their community without excuse.

Bombing Syria helps no one too. Fcking insane.
[Post edited 22 Mar 2016 9:44]
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024