Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Sandro to West brom 20:56 - Jan 28 with 13131 viewsHayesender

Only a loan unfortunately

Poll: Shamima Beghum

Sandro to West brom on 09:00 - Jan 29 with 2495 viewsDannyPaddox

Sandro to West brom on 22:59 - Jan 28 by BrianMcCarthy

There's an analogy that the All Blacks use which is part-psychbable but part old-time logic

Players in form are 'dry wood' - use them now
Players off form are 'damp wood' - dry them out and use them later
Players who are bad news are 'rotten wood' - throw them away

Sometimes, despite our best intentions as human beings and our aspirations to be motivational managers in our lives and in sports, it's time to admit that some players/staff are better cast aside.

I like the timber analogy. Made we realise we've been signing the same two players again and again: Flotsam and Jetsam!
Sandro to West brom on 09:13 - Jan 29 with 2458 viewsCanadaRanger

Sandro to West brom on 09:00 - Jan 29 by DannyPaddox

I like the timber analogy. Made we realise we've been signing the same two players again and again: Flotsam and Jetsam!

We got lumbered...
Sandro to West brom on 09:14 - Jan 29 with 2454 viewspaulparker

Sandro to West brom on 08:53 - Jan 29 by CamberleyR

At a conservative estimate that deal (fee + wages) has and will cost us the thick end of about £16m (assuming a three year deal). If there wasn't enough reason to hate R*dkn*pp already, there's plenty there with that signing alone.

He knew he was Fcuked as a player Camberley we all did , so why did we pay that money for him, It has to be something Levy cooked up with HR ,
lets not forget he tried to get in Diarra as well , imagine having both Diarra & Sandro on the payroll

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

Sandro to West brom on 09:33 - Jan 29 with 2415 viewsToast_R

Seriosuly, how desperate must West Brom be to even think this will be a good move for them?

He'll make a handfull of appearences at best.
Sandro to West brom on 09:42 - Jan 29 with 2393 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Today, Matthew, I'm going to be the Dalai Lama and pray like a bitch.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Sandro to West brom on 09:42 - Jan 29 with 2393 viewsPhildo

Pulis racking up those agents fees before he leaves in the summer

Deal agreed apparently

http://www.westlondonsport.com/qpr/deal-agreed-for-sandro-to-join-west-brom
Sandro to West brom on 09:47 - Jan 29 with 2356 viewsFearless

Sandro to West brom on 23:15 - Jan 28 by Northernr

I'm intrigued, first and foremiest, by what you mean as "a few games in a row and avoided injury".

Ignoring completely how much he's cost us (which is disgusting) What's a few? What do you mean by "a few games in a row and avoided injury"?

Accelerating past 18 months at QPR now he has managed 26 starts and 2 sub appearances. The most consecutive starts he's made for us in that time is eight. Those eight starts came from March 4 2015, prior to which he hadn't played a single minute of football since November 22 2014. In those eight starts he was substituted off on six occasions. In those eight games QPR won 1, drew 2 and lost 5 scoring 12 and conceding 16. After the last of those eight appearances (on Saturday May 8, 2015) he didn't manage to play again until Saturday October 3 2015.

He has managed to complete a full 90 minutes for us on just nine occasions across his whole time here. Of the 26 starts he has made, he has been subbed off on 18 occasions - and not late subs either, vast majority around the 60 minute mark. One, at Southampton, after 11 minutes, after a bit of a bang to the head #beast

I'm also interested by this idea that he's "the best player for his position at the club". His overall record at QPR, on his fleeting appearances, is W5 D8 L15. Not exactly a great influence. One of those five wins - across 18 months, and 28 appearances, and God knows how much money - was Bolton at home this year when he played for just the final 14 minutes.

So for having our "best central midfielder" on the field we've benefited to the tune of four victories from the thick end of 30 games.

If he's the best at anything at this club other than making the fcking tea we're all in trouble.

This post has been edited by an administrator

Clive

Please hide/delete this post until after the deal is finalised

Thanks 😳
Sandro to West brom on 09:52 - Jan 29 with 2329 viewsrobith

Just discovered that Sandro is only 26.

Unreal.
Login to get fewer ads

Sandro to West brom on 09:53 - Jan 29 with 2326 viewsBlue_Castello

Sandro to West brom on 09:33 - Jan 29 by Toast_R

Seriosuly, how desperate must West Brom be to even think this will be a good move for them?

He'll make a handfull of appearences at best.

Agreed but FFS don't say anything more they might change their minds if they check the stats....

Can't help thinking there might be more to this deal than we realise, we may have agreed some sort of verbal deal with West Brom that they can have first choice on Philips but unlikely
Sandro to West brom on 09:56 - Jan 29 with 2314 viewsRangersDave

Ah, but your all forgetting the curse of QPR.....

Come to QPR, play crap, leave and play well. How many times in recent managers have we seen that with players?

WWW.northernphotography.com
Poll: Do we think Rangers wil be mathematically relegated by or on New Years day?

Sandro to West brom on 10:12 - Jan 29 with 2251 viewsAntti_Heinola

Sandro to West brom on 09:56 - Jan 29 by RangersDave

Ah, but your all forgetting the curse of QPR.....

Come to QPR, play crap, leave and play well. How many times in recent managers have we seen that with players?

This is self-pitying nonsense, of course.

Sandro was anonymous at Spurs before he came to us and will be no better at Albion. They might get the odd game, but that's it.

I saw the post about other players doing amazingly once they left us, but it ignored the following:

Park - retired
Taarabt - barely played
Vargas (1 goal in 10 apps this season)
Caulker (roaring success at Southampton, now a reserve reserve reserve striker at Liverpool)
McCarthy (dreadful first few games, Palace now want rid after 6 months)
Mutch - doing very little

I could go on and on, but the vast majority of players we've managed to get rid of over the last few years have been dreadful elsewhere too.

Bare bones.

Sandro to West brom on 10:19 - Jan 29 with 2224 viewsTacticalR

I really can't make head nor tail of this.

Of all the players we have why would WBA want Sandro?

Air hostess clique

Sandro to West brom on 10:31 - Jan 29 with 2184 viewsenfieldargh

on the TV highlights of the rotherham away game I'm sure I sure Sandro celebrating one of our goals whilst in the dug out?

captains fantastic
Poll: SWEET F'IN CAROLINE. Played every half time

Sandro to West brom on 10:36 - Jan 29 with 2158 viewsisawqpratwcity

I can offer them a sweet, today-only, cheap deal on Hammersmith Bridge.

Poll: Deaths of Thatcher and Mandela this year: Sad or Glad?

Sandro to West brom on 10:37 - Jan 29 with 2145 viewsHunterhoop

Sandro to West brom on 09:52 - Jan 29 by robith

Just discovered that Sandro is only 26.

Unreal.

He is not 26.

His passport says he is. But no one at the club, including those working in the medical profession, actually believe it!
Sandro to West brom on 10:38 - Jan 29 with 2086 viewsDiscodroids

With the amount of time the Brazilian Bert Weedon has had on the sidelines, I fackn well hope he has at least learned the chords to 'Stairway to heaven'

".... You are the... Duke of New York... You're A-Number One!".

Sandro to West brom on 10:38 - Jan 29 with 2092 viewsrsonist

Sandro to West brom on 10:19 - Jan 29 by TacticalR

I really can't make head nor tail of this.

Of all the players we have why would WBA want Sandro?

http://www.thesecretfootballer.com/articles/the-secret-footballer/29898/strange-

I'm sure anything this article is completely unrelated...
Sandro to West brom on 10:41 - Jan 29 with 2070 viewswombat

Sandro to West brom on 10:38 - Jan 29 by rsonist

http://www.thesecretfootballer.com/articles/the-secret-footballer/29898/strange-

I'm sure anything this article is completely unrelated...

remember harry coming out with the immortal comment

well he was good a few years ago just after we bought him , yes harry thats was when he had two fully functioning knee caps

Poll: which is your favouite foot

Sandro to West brom on 10:41 - Jan 29 with 2067 viewsIrishR

I know its good news having him off the wage bill despite the fact that if he had a little more hunger he would be the best CM in the division by a country mile. Problem is tho its essentially a loan for a few months as we know he will more than likely fail and they will not buy him so he will become our problem very soon. Still maybe around £360,000 saved in wages I guess.
Sandro to West brom on 10:43 - Jan 29 with 2048 viewsrsonist

Sandro to West brom on 09:14 - Jan 29 by paulparker

He knew he was Fcuked as a player Camberley we all did , so why did we pay that money for him, It has to be something Levy cooked up with HR ,
lets not forget he tried to get in Diarra as well , imagine having both Diarra & Sandro on the payroll

Ironically Diarra is the one single Redknapp old boy who didn't happen to be washed up. Best player outside of PSG this season and recalled to start for France apparently.
Sandro to West brom on 10:46 - Jan 29 with 2014 viewsDiscodroids

Said at the time we should have bought John Welsh from Preston North End instead and would have cost the same as Chris Squires /Sandro's Rickenbacker 4001.

".... You are the... Duke of New York... You're A-Number One!".

Sandro to West brom on 10:47 - Jan 29 with 2016 viewsBrightonhoop

I reckon Pullis will thrash him like an old Cortina and send back a broken asset. Only Redknapp would have spent £10 Mil on him.
Sandro to West brom on 10:49 - Jan 29 with 2005 viewsparker64

From a WBA forum:

"The first Brazilian international to play for us? Not sure what he's played so few games for QPR this season? I know they are keen to get some top earners off the wage book but surely they would still play him."

Pullis and Redknapp are best mates so I expect Redknapp gave him a recommendation.
Sandro to West brom on 10:53 - Jan 29 with 1982 viewsdaveB

Sandro looked a good player a few years ago, I think he did the original knee injury against us in a 0-0 draw
Sandro to West brom on 11:03 - Jan 29 with 1949 viewskensalriser

Such negativity.

I for one am very much looking forward to seeing the Brazilian's first action at West Brom and am putting a note in my diary for the equinox to remind me.

Poll: QPR to finish 7th or Brentford to drop out of the top 6?

Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'GamStop' Gambling 18+
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024