Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Trust Question 08:14 - Jan 17 with 4769 viewsVetchfieldpasty

Given the Trust has a member on the Board, could those within the Trust put a vote of no confidence in against HJ and Co.

Would be drastic and extremely damaging at the current time in the Transfer window but if no player or coaching recruitment is done in next few days what other choice do we have other than chant some ridiculous song at games.

Just a thought.
Trust Question on 10:56 - Jan 17 with 1256 viewsUxbridge

Trust Question on 10:38 - Jan 17 by exiledclaseboy

To be honest I don't think a fanbase reacting badly to six weeks without a manager, something like three wins in 20 games, the only talk of new players being old players and relegation a looming and very real possibility/probability can be classed as knee jerk. Not any more. The club and the Trust's continued reluctance to address the issues publicly are exacerbating the issues and nervousness.

Totally get the nervousness, restlessness and brickbats that are coming the way of the club. This season has gone badly. Personally I'd trace most of that back to the summer. No doubt some bad decisions have been made, and lessons need to be learned from that.

A large percentage of the comments and need to know absolutely everything about everything is a bit ridiculous though. I'm not sure what Martin Morgan's personal life has to do with anything for example, and anyone who thinks Dyer left for anything other than footballing reasons is being a bit silly. The fans have every right to know what the high level plans are, but details on every deal, every failed negotiation? It's unrealistic.

Personally I'd take a few of our former players back right about now. The move away from what made us fun and effective2 years ago is for me the root cause of our current woes, and we've hamstrung ourselves by allowing Monk to do that with an insufficient backup plan.

Blog: Whose money is it anyway?

Trust Question on 11:02 - Jan 17 with 1247 viewsUxbridge

Trust Question on 10:07 - Jan 17 by monmouth

I think there are wild over-reactions at the moment because of recent events colouring current ones. The noises coming from the clubin the manager debacle were 'it takes time because we need the right man' followed by 'there is no right man'. No real comment on why a trip to south america failed allowing the rumour mill to further inflame Joe Fan.

Now we hear that 'we need a forward ' and 'we will bring in one or two' and 'but it has to be the right people' which, in isolation is fair enough, but in conjunction with previous (and previous windows) makes people assume that the result will be the same 'we couldn't get anyone, we go with what we have'.

For what it's worth I think people should calm down and give it to the end of the window before shooting their load. Some are like hysterical children at the moment.

The communications throughout could have been much better though and the 'Hola' (which still hasn't been satisfactorily accounted for, and criticisms of other clubs signings (ridiculous) haven't helped at all.

I get that. Funnily enough the club are criticised for not communicating but then criticised for communicating. But yes, the Twitter comments haven't helped, although there's a difference between an misjudged joke and a continued dialogue.

From my perspective, I agree on the January window. No doubt there are serious challenges but for me the club have two objectives a) to bring bodies in and b) do that without jeopardizing the club if we go down. Challegjng but the parties are sufficiently enumerated to be judged accordingly.

Trust Question on 11:11 - Jan 17 with 1210 viewsmonmouth

The 'Hola' was a joke? I didn't know that.

Hilarious.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

Trust Question on 11:12 - Jan 17 with 1209 viewsexiledclaseboy

Trust Question on 10:56 - Jan 17 by Uxbridge

Totally get the nervousness, restlessness and brickbats that are coming the way of the club. This season has gone badly. Personally I'd trace most of that back to the summer. No doubt some bad decisions have been made, and lessons need to be learned from that.

A large percentage of the comments and need to know absolutely everything about everything is a bit ridiculous though. I'm not sure what Martin Morgan's personal life has to do with anything for example, and anyone who thinks Dyer left for anything other than footballing reasons is being a bit silly. The fans have every right to know what the high level plans are, but details on every deal, every failed negotiation? It's unrealistic.

Personally I'd take a few of our former players back right about now. The move away from what made us fun and effective2 years ago is for me the root cause of our current woes, and we've hamstrung ourselves by allowing Monk to do that with an insufficient backup plan.

Stop misrepresenting me mun. I'm not asking for every detail or every failed negotiation and I certainly don't give a tiny one about who may or may not be playing with Martin Morgan's pork sword. A high level explanation of why we've singularly failed to replace the team manager and the problems we encountered in attempting to do so would be a start. Who knows, it may even stop some knees jerking and cut the board a bit of slack. Silence breeds contempt and can feel like arrogance and aloofness.

Poll: Tory leader

Trust Question on 11:18 - Jan 17 with 1191 viewsUxbridge

Trust Question on 11:12 - Jan 17 by exiledclaseboy

Stop misrepresenting me mun. I'm not asking for every detail or every failed negotiation and I certainly don't give a tiny one about who may or may not be playing with Martin Morgan's pork sword. A high level explanation of why we've singularly failed to replace the team manager and the problems we encountered in attempting to do so would be a start. Who knows, it may even stop some knees jerking and cut the board a bit of slack. Silence breeds contempt and can feel like arrogance and aloofness.

You're no fun

Hadn't Jenkins already done that regarding the management? I thought he had.

Agree that an engaged fan base is likely to buy in more to things but think a lot of requests for information are a bit ridiculous, especially at this time. I'll never argue against more comms though.

Trust Question on 11:22 - Jan 17 with 1181 viewsoh_tommy_tommy

It's best we don't say a word about any of our transfer targets because the vultures will swoop .

We've been told the club are looking , what more do peole want ?

Although the position we are in must make it 100 times worse to get players in .

Poll: DO you support the uk getting involved in Syria

Trust Question on 11:37 - Jan 17 with 1147 viewsdougie

Trust Question on 09:57 - Jan 17 by AngelRangelQS

I appreciate the fact that it has to be the right manager - of course it does. I believe that they wanted to get someone in who they had faith in next season but failed to find anyone. I then believe that they looked for someone on a short term basis to allow them to appoint their preferred choice (Rodgers) in the summer. Nobody was keen on taking us up in this.

Our final option was to revert to Curt to keep us up and to keep the seat warm for Rodgers.

I think that the time has pretty much come where any managerial appointment that keeps us up this season will be deemed a success.

Personally if it's true that Poyet is interested, I see it as a bit of a no brainer... Even if we go down I'll be quite confident he'd do well for us in the championship

Poyet ?. If he is our last chance saloon then we really are in the mire.
Trust Question on 11:41 - Jan 17 with 1137 viewsexiledclaseboy

Trust Question on 11:18 - Jan 17 by Uxbridge

You're no fun

Hadn't Jenkins already done that regarding the management? I thought he had.

Agree that an engaged fan base is likely to buy in more to things but think a lot of requests for information are a bit ridiculous, especially at this time. I'll never argue against more comms though.

Yet that's exactly what you've been doing for the last hour or so.

Poll: Tory leader

Login to get fewer ads

Trust Question on 11:42 - Jan 17 with 1131 viewsAngelRangelQS

Trust Question on 11:37 - Jan 17 by dougie

Poyet ?. If he is our last chance saloon then we really are in the mire.

Unless there's any inside knowledge I'm not aware of (which could well be the case), he's always done okay at all his past clubs.

Would you honestly prefer Curt for the rest of the season?
Trust Question on 11:44 - Jan 17 with 1121 viewsdougie

Trust Question on 11:42 - Jan 17 by AngelRangelQS

Unless there's any inside knowledge I'm not aware of (which could well be the case), he's always done okay at all his past clubs.

Would you honestly prefer Curt for the rest of the season?

It should be neither. I feel for curt and the position he is in and i feel for us if poyet comes in
Trust Question on 11:45 - Jan 17 with 1116 viewsUxbridge

Trust Question on 11:41 - Jan 17 by exiledclaseboy

Yet that's exactly what you've been doing for the last hour or so.

Your turn eh!

Trust Question on 11:53 - Jan 17 with 1095 viewsdobjack2

Trust Question on 10:56 - Jan 17 by Uxbridge

Agree with your comments and when the time is right the board need to treat fans with a bit of respect and not just peddle spin. What was it that we were looking for in a manager that meant we could nt get the right type of manager for the club.

However I accept that now is not the time for this. We are in the middle of a relegation battle with a rookie club legend in charge who has reluctantly taken on the role. We needed players in for the start of the window and to this point we haven't brought anyone in. We have sold a talented player whose heart was clearly not in the club to a relegation rival and another rival is apparently coming back with a further bid for ayew.

We are still not getting results. The fan base is unhappy and I believe the board needs to release a communication to us.

I would be happy if they said that at the end of the season they would provide some high level feedback but at this time tell us what their priorities are and that we all need to pull together.

Also instruct those directors that use Twitter, sadly including the supporter director, to remember the position they hold at the club and to use social media with that in mind.
[Post edited 17 Jan 2016 11:55]
Trust Question on 12:12 - Jan 17 with 1057 viewswhiterock

Trust Question on 11:53 - Jan 17 by dobjack2

Agree with your comments and when the time is right the board need to treat fans with a bit of respect and not just peddle spin. What was it that we were looking for in a manager that meant we could nt get the right type of manager for the club.

However I accept that now is not the time for this. We are in the middle of a relegation battle with a rookie club legend in charge who has reluctantly taken on the role. We needed players in for the start of the window and to this point we haven't brought anyone in. We have sold a talented player whose heart was clearly not in the club to a relegation rival and another rival is apparently coming back with a further bid for ayew.

We are still not getting results. The fan base is unhappy and I believe the board needs to release a communication to us.

I would be happy if they said that at the end of the season they would provide some high level feedback but at this time tell us what their priorities are and that we all need to pull together.

Also instruct those directors that use Twitter, sadly including the supporter director, to remember the position they hold at the club and to use social media with that in mind.

Bielsa wanted a wage in comparison to what the top end earn with no break clause if we did go down, dodged a bullet me thinks
Trust Question on 12:23 - Jan 17 with 1022 viewsdobjack2

Trust Question on 12:12 - Jan 17 by whiterock

Bielsa wanted a wage in comparison to what the top end earn with no break clause if we did go down, dodged a bullet me thinks

Was he the only person we looked at? I can't believe that to be the case. There must have been others. At an appropriate time a bit of an explanation should be given as to why there were no suitable people
Trust Question on 13:21 - Jan 17 with 983 viewswhiterock

Trust Question on 12:23 - Jan 17 by dobjack2

Was he the only person we looked at? I can't believe that to be the case. There must have been others. At an appropriate time a bit of an explanation should be given as to why there were no suitable people

Others wouldn't back themselves until the summer
Trust Question on 13:31 - Jan 17 with 953 viewsUxbridge

Trust Question on 11:53 - Jan 17 by dobjack2

Twitter is a funny one. I applaud the principle of engaging directly with the fans, but it can backfire, as we see.

Trust Question on 13:40 - Jan 17 with 939 viewsdobjack2

Trust Question on 13:31 - Jan 17 by Uxbridge

Twitter is a funny one. I applaud the principle of engaging directly with the fans, but it can backfire, as we see.

Like anything else it's how you use it. Engage brain before posting being a golden rule.

Seriously we all post something dull or not quite right on here from time to time but generally we are anonymous fans.

Directors need to appreciate the effect that their posts have on fans and consequently the club.
Trust Question on 16:31 - Jan 17 with 874 viewslondonlisa2001

Trust Question on 10:16 - Jan 17 by Phil_S

No you're right he probably wouldn't he would probably want some guarantees along the lines of that wouldn't make any sales and he can have big budgets

Yeah well the club should probably have found out sort of thing before embarking on a deeply damaging wild goose chase.

And no, that's not an overreaction - too many eggs were put into a particular basket to have chosen that basket (or basket case as it happens) without some due diligence.
Trust Question on 17:04 - Jan 17 with 842 viewsUxbridge

Trust Question on 16:31 - Jan 17 by londonlisa2001

Yeah well the club should probably have found out sort of thing before embarking on a deeply damaging wild goose chase.

And no, that's not an overreaction - too many eggs were put into a particular basket to have chosen that basket (or basket case as it happens) without some due diligence.

Seriously doubt he was our only option. Also, wouldn't surprise me if Bielsa made extra demands when in person ... Maybe he tried to price himself out of it.

Trust Question on 17:33 - Jan 17 with 815 viewsdobjack2

Trust Question on 17:04 - Jan 17 by Uxbridge

Seriously doubt he was our only option. Also, wouldn't surprise me if Bielsa made extra demands when in person ... Maybe he tried to price himself out of it.

There were clearly managers we wanted, it would be interesting to find out what was unacceptable about their terms and conditions so that our preferred option was Curt.

However I accept that those details are unlikely to be divulged.
Trust Question on 17:44 - Jan 17 with 795 viewsDr_Winston

Trust Question on 17:33 - Jan 17 by dobjack2

There were clearly managers we wanted, it would be interesting to find out what was unacceptable about their terms and conditions so that our preferred option was Curt.

However I accept that those details are unlikely to be divulged.

That's the point I was driving at, only stated better.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Trust Question on 17:44 - Jan 17 with 790 viewsUplandsJack

Trust Question on 12:12 - Jan 17 by whiterock

I read this on here a few times now but I just dont believe it, sorry.
And the simple reason for that is, if wage demands were too rich the board would have just said as much and not kept us hanging on and on...
No I believe the board have messed this up. The tweet suggests the board members came back from South America believing the deal was as good as done, but then someone got cold feet... Again if it was Bielsa, I think the club would have simply said so...
The fans would have understood and just moved on, fully supporting the board. Instead silence... and as many have said Silence suggests so much more...
Trust Question on 17:58 - Jan 17 with 768 viewsdobjack2

Trust Question on 17:44 - Jan 17 by UplandsJack

I read this on here a few times now but I just dont believe it, sorry.
And the simple reason for that is, if wage demands were too rich the board would have just said as much and not kept us hanging on and on...
No I believe the board have messed this up. The tweet suggests the board members came back from South America believing the deal was as good as done, but then someone got cold feet... Again if it was Bielsa, I think the club would have simply said so...
The fans would have understood and just moved on, fully supporting the board. Instead silence... and as many have said Silence suggests so much more...

This is a job for Muldur and Scully - the truth is out there
Trust Question on 17:59 - Jan 17 with 762 viewslondonlisa2001

Trust Question on 17:04 - Jan 17 by Uxbridge

And if so he had previous for doing it.

Was a mistake to go for him and it's costing us dearly. I never thought he made sense for us as a target, and still can't believe we went all that way without doing proper research.
Trust Question on 18:23 - Jan 17 with 734 viewsUxbridge

Trust Question on 17:59 - Jan 17 by londonlisa2001

And if so he had previous for doing it.

Was a mistake to go for him and it's costing us dearly. I never thought he made sense for us as a target, and still can't believe we went all that way without doing proper research.

Well he's accepted jobs before as well! Personally I think he'd have been a good appointment but risky I appreciate.

Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'GamStop' Gambling 18+
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024