Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Huw Jenkins has a lot to answer for 10:51 - Jan 14 with 4745 viewsporthcawljax

Whether you think it was right or not to sack Gary Monk I respect and understand the decision Huw made as we were playing awful football for months.
What I don’t understand is why he did not make any inquires who might be interested in the job before he made the decision to sack Gary. At the time of the sacking we were in a much better league position and could have bagged a good manager if it was done swiftly and the new manager would have had time to bring in his players of choice in the window. If rumours are right Bielsa wasn’t given the job just because he wanted a longer contract which is absolutely crazy. Something went wrong on that trip to South America thats for sure!
Now because of Huw’s ”we are not in a rush to appoint a new manager attitude” we find ourselves at the bottom with Alan Curtis at the helm which all due respects to Alan as he was my favourite Swansea player and legend is just not going to cut it as a Premier league manager who can get us out of this position so please get your heads out of the sand on that one. Also there is only 2 weeks left in the window and no signs of any new players which is no surprise after all who would want to join us right now and what manager would also want to take over. We have left it too long.
So yes Huw does have a lot to answer for I think the past success has gone to his head and he has made some terrible decisions lately which could cost us our Premier status.

Poll: Who would you pick for Swansea's goal stopper?

Huw Jenkins has a lot to answer for on 10:59 - Jan 14 with 3856 viewscostalotta

Only as good as your last gae, springs to mind.

Let's be honest here.... If he was good at his job we'd have a manager. He's failed. The board have failed. What concerns me at the moment along with our status is the way Alan Curtis is being treated. Everyone knows he's not a manager. Even my fec king Cat. He's a legend and a true gentleman but no football manager. Jenkins has a lot to answer for IMO as have the Trust that are allowing all this to happen without offering anything at all.
Huw Jenkins has a lot to answer for on 11:01 - Jan 14 with 3844 viewsJokeren1943

During Curtis reign Swansea have played much better. If Swansea did'ent get that red card, we could have won the game.

To have confident you need succes. And Curtis took over a team with no confident at all.

It is just a matter of time before they start to win (and get some 3 points). (no room for giving up - time to work extremly hard for the next 4-5 months).
[Post edited 14 Jan 2016 11:07]
Huw Jenkins has a lot to answer for on 11:02 - Jan 14 with 3819 viewsMorfa_Same

Us putting Curtis in charge is like Man United putting Bobby Charlton in charge. A really popular figure, but all the fans can see that this is not going to end well.
Huw Jenkins has a lot to answer for on 11:04 - Jan 14 with 3808 viewsraynor94

Huw Jenkins has a lot to answer for on 10:59 - Jan 14 by costalotta

Only as good as your last gae, springs to mind.

Let's be honest here.... If he was good at his job we'd have a manager. He's failed. The board have failed. What concerns me at the moment along with our status is the way Alan Curtis is being treated. Everyone knows he's not a manager. Even my fec king Cat. He's a legend and a true gentleman but no football manager. Jenkins has a lot to answer for IMO as have the Trust that are allowing all this to happen without offering anything at all.

Looking forward to you putting your name forward to join the trust board next year, and hopefully you can question Huw at the next forum

You give it out, you take it back it`s all part of the game
Poll: Happy to see Martin go

Huw Jenkins has a lot to answer for on 11:05 - Jan 14 with 3802 viewsJackanapes

Huw Jenkins has a lot to answer for on 11:01 - Jan 14 by Jokeren1943

During Curtis reign Swansea have played much better. If Swansea did'ent get that red card, we could have won the game.

To have confident you need succes. And Curtis took over a team with no confident at all.

It is just a matter of time before they start to win (and get some 3 points). (no room for giving up - time to work extremly hard for the next 4-5 months).
[Post edited 14 Jan 2016 11:07]

Hooray some positivity. Another Doomsday Jenkins thread ruined by no good optimists. Better start another.

“The stupidest thing she knew was for people to act like they knew all about the things they knew absolutely nothing about.”

Huw Jenkins has a lot to answer for on 11:10 - Jan 14 with 3765 viewscostalotta

Huw Jenkins has a lot to answer for on 11:04 - Jan 14 by raynor94

Looking forward to you putting your name forward to join the trust board next year, and hopefully you can question Huw at the next forum

Perhaps with my Cat as my side kick?

Hahahahaha.

What about you Raynor, you'd do a great job I'd wager. Or the dreamteam of Darran and Jackfath.
Huw Jenkins has a lot to answer for on 11:20 - Jan 14 with 3711 viewsswan65split

I agree HJ has a lot to answer for, but I think theres a lot more gone on behind the scenes than all these rumours we have been having, Loss of form and style and internal wranglings!!
Thats why I think its been hard to get someone in, and I hold my hat up to AC , yes it may end badly, but I have every respect for AC and know that he has Swansea City at heart and wants too do the best he can for us, so do many of the players, even Ayew last night was trying to Gee up the players and fans.
I dont think now was the time to fetch someone in to sort out internals and ruffle more feathers in trying to us in the Premiership.
[Post edited 14 Jan 2016 11:21]
Huw Jenkins has a lot to answer for on 11:23 - Jan 14 with 3675 viewscostalotta

Huw Jenkins has a lot to answer for on 11:20 - Jan 14 by swan65split

I agree HJ has a lot to answer for, but I think theres a lot more gone on behind the scenes than all these rumours we have been having, Loss of form and style and internal wranglings!!
Thats why I think its been hard to get someone in, and I hold my hat up to AC , yes it may end badly, but I have every respect for AC and know that he has Swansea City at heart and wants too do the best he can for us, so do many of the players, even Ayew last night was trying to Gee up the players and fans.
I dont think now was the time to fetch someone in to sort out internals and ruffle more feathers in trying to us in the Premiership.
[Post edited 14 Jan 2016 11:21]

Come on.... You really think we are worried about ruffling feathers and that's why we've nit brought a manager in.

Wake up !

That's bloody naive mate. And I fact that is exactly what needs to happen.
Login to get fewer ads

Huw Jenkins has a lot to answer for on 11:25 - Jan 14 with 3657 viewsswan65split

Huw Jenkins has a lot to answer for on 11:23 - Jan 14 by costalotta

Come on.... You really think we are worried about ruffling feathers and that's why we've nit brought a manager in.

Wake up !

That's bloody naive mate. And I fact that is exactly what needs to happen.

My opinion,
Huw Jenkins has a lot to answer for on 11:31 - Jan 14 with 3618 views1983

Its the Newcastle/Shearer effect, if we stay up Alan Curtis will then become a bigger legend than he already is and then they will get the manager they want in the summer,get relegated and everyone will slap Alan Cutis on the back and shake his hand and say well done Al you done the best you could have...

HJ has always had my backing but they have sat back way too much while sucking on cigars in Martin Morgans place in Portugal thinking this Premiership malarky is easy peasy!!

I'am dissapointed in The Trust they should be a bit more proactive and asking questions and raising issues

Huw Jenkins has a lot to answer for on 11:41 - Jan 14 with 3581 viewsymaohyd

Excellent original post.

As supporters very few of us if any will know what has gone on behind the scenes so sometimes criticism can be unfair.

Personally I believe that people/groups can perform well or badly in varying situations, in all walks of life.

Most of the time the board have been magnificent, sometimes however their 'magnificence' has been over played.

Jackett was an excellent choice, a decision made through sounding out plenty of people within the game.

Martinez, as much as I dislike the way he left was an inspired, a brilliant choice and the catalyst for everything that has followed.

Rodgers was way down the list and almost a last resort and Laudrup was offered to the club by his agent and not a case of a well laid plan.

In the main as I have highlighted in my opinion they have been brilliant and the structure of the club has helped to ensure our continued success, in many areas.

The big fat however...however is that the structure of the club in this situation has been proven to be wholly and utterly out of tune with the dynamic decisions that must be made in the ridiculous environment that is the PL.

A ppor run, massive rewards for staying up or deficits if we don't lead to a need for an ability to be cut throat, have contacts, make decisions and have the almighty pound, or Euro to be able to pay severance fees, signing on fees and the rest that constitute contractual negotiations in football.

Sadly we seem to have none of those qualities. We are still probably haggling over a few grand over GM's severance!

What upsets me most however, is that, whereas I'm not bothered about relegation it upsets me that a club legend like Curt may end up with this whole mess on his hands at the end of such a fantastic journey with the Swans. That for me far out weighs the negatives of going down.

Blog: World Cup Performance = Transfer Speculation?

Huw Jenkins has a lot to answer for on 11:42 - Jan 14 with 3575 viewsraynor94

Huw Jenkins has a lot to answer for on 11:10 - Jan 14 by costalotta

Perhaps with my Cat as my side kick?

Hahahahaha.

What about you Raynor, you'd do a great job I'd wager. Or the dreamteam of Darran and Jackfath.

Never felt the need, quite happy with the trust, you are obviously not, I hope to see you put your name forward

You give it out, you take it back it`s all part of the game
Poll: Happy to see Martin go

Huw Jenkins has a lot to answer for on 11:57 - Jan 14 with 3506 viewscostalotta

Huw Jenkins has a lot to answer for on 11:42 - Jan 14 by raynor94

Never felt the need, quite happy with the trust, you are obviously not, I hope to see you put your name forward

Er... Okay. I've never felt the need either. Still don't feel the need. But that doesn't change the facts.
Huw Jenkins has a lot to answer for on 11:58 - Jan 14 with 3494 viewscostalotta

Huw Jenkins has a lot to answer for on 11:42 - Jan 14 by raynor94

So what makes you happy about the trust then? I mean in this moment in time.
Huw Jenkins has a lot to answer for on 12:00 - Jan 14 with 3489 viewstomdickharry

Curtis could have turned the role down if he felt he wasn't suited to the post of Manager which would probably served the club better.
Wonder how Jenkins is feeling watching £100M possibly go down the tubes,there again the Trust are happy with our financial situation (Board minutes) and the Curtis appointment, so all is well.
Huw Jenkins has a lot to answer for on 12:05 - Jan 14 with 3462 viewscostalotta

Huw Jenkins has a lot to answer for on 12:00 - Jan 14 by tomdickharry

Curtis could have turned the role down if he felt he wasn't suited to the post of Manager which would probably served the club better.
Wonder how Jenkins is feeling watching £100M possibly go down the tubes,there again the Trust are happy with our financial situation (Board minutes) and the Curtis appointment, so all is well.

He could have. He's swansea through and through and I'm sure in his mind he'd as seen it as letting the club down if he'd said no. IMO the board knew this and are therefore taking advantage of him.

And what about Huw comparing the AC appointment to that of ZZ at RM and Gus at Chelsea. Seems to me he's losing his marbles.
Huw Jenkins has a lot to answer for on 12:06 - Jan 14 with 3448 viewsDarran

Huw Jenkins has a lot to answer for on 12:00 - Jan 14 by tomdickharry

The whole procedure of sacking the previous manager to appointing a new (interim) one has been a complete and utter shambles from start to finish.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Huw Jenkins has a lot to answer for on 12:09 - Jan 14 with 3428 viewscostalotta

Huw Jenkins has a lot to answer for on 12:06 - Jan 14 by Darran

The whole procedure of sacking the previous manager to appointing a new (interim) one has been a complete and utter shambles from start to finish.

Yes it has. And at some point in the near future that needs to be dealt with! Whether we go down or not.
Huw Jenkins has a lot to answer for on 12:13 - Jan 14 with 3412 viewsDarran

Huw Jenkins has a lot to answer for on 12:09 - Jan 14 by costalotta

Yes it has. And at some point in the near future that needs to be dealt with! Whether we go down or not.

Well there's a strong bit of gossip coming from a few places stating that Chris Coleman is taking over at the end of the season regardless of what division we are in.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Huw Jenkins has a lot to answer for on 12:17 - Jan 14 with 3390 viewstomdickharry

Huw Jenkins has a lot to answer for on 12:06 - Jan 14 by Darran

You are spot on Daz, think the trip to South America sums it all up,if we do survive this season then I bet nothing will change.Is Leroy Lita a free agent.
Huw Jenkins has a lot to answer for on 12:19 - Jan 14 with 3371 viewsDr_Winston

Huw Jenkins has a lot to answer for on 12:13 - Jan 14 by Darran

Well there's a strong bit of gossip coming from a few places stating that Chris Coleman is taking over at the end of the season regardless of what division we are in.

Which would be the perfect mouldy cherry on top of a particularly shitty cake.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Huw Jenkins has a lot to answer for on 12:21 - Jan 14 with 3355 viewscostalotta

That doesn't surprise me at all and illustrates how far backwards things have gone in just a few months.
Huw Jenkins has a lot to answer for on 12:25 - Jan 14 with 3329 viewsQuakerJack

Oh for Goodness sake mun!!

Poll: Some scummer on the anus board reckons 80% of us want them to go down. so... do

Huw Jenkins has a lot to answer for on 12:49 - Jan 14 with 3262 viewsA_Fans_Dad

Apart from not getting a "Manager" in and pushing the job on to AC, the board have also not got him any help.
I respect AC as a person and he obviously lives and breathes SSFC, but his Substitution decisions are as poor and bizarre as GM's were, the guy needs help in this area as well as more coaching staff.

And please, please GET RID of Fab's goalkeeping coach, he is going backwards at a rate of knots and at the moment I would rather see Nordfeldt between the posts.
[Post edited 14 Jan 2016 14:22]
Huw Jenkins has a lot to answer for on 13:59 - Jan 14 with 3113 viewsmonmouth

I think that one might just do me in.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024