Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Should the UK leave the EU? 12:09 - Nov 18 with 6951 viewsGloucs_R

Should the UK leave the EU?

Your Vote:

You need to be logged in to vote on our site polls

Poll: Are we staying up?

Should the UK leave the EU? on 08:37 - Nov 19 with 1056 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Should the UK leave the EU? on 07:57 - Nov 19 by alhoopy

Out of the German Empire (EU) and into the world.

Why restrict ourselves to a limited club that is under performing when there are other trading collaborations like IBSA and NAFTA performing much better and without imposing the bulls hit beurocratic dictatorship of the likes of Obamas puppet Merkel while they wage war on Putin.

Don't believe the bulls hit spread by the independence sceptics about being frozen out of trading with the German Empire. They need us more than we need them. Next time your on a motorway look at the 10 vehicles around and closest to you. 6 or 7 of them will be German!!! We are Germanys largest car export market. Do you seriously believe these clowns when they come out with tripe like "our export markets would be hit due to less favorable trading conditions" yeah...The Germans would be prepared to loose their largest car export market wouldn't they?

Poor Greece. They came perilously close........Perilously close to freedom, democracy and starting out on the road th prosperity.

The only people that want to remain in this failed project are the ones with their own personal selfish interests at stake. Interests that don't reflect the greater good and for the wider popular. They are all puppets of this unelected, un democratic dictatorship.

Who knew John Redwood was an R's fan.
Should the UK leave the EU? on 09:48 - Nov 19 with 1026 viewsstevec

Should the UK leave the EU? on 22:22 - Nov 18 by derbyhoop

You and I have had these differences before, so I'm not going to labour this. Just a quick response to your points, though:-

What is stopping UK companies trading with the rest of the world, today? Many of my friends are involved with companies trading with China.
The evidence of financial upheaval is based on what happened when it was feared that Greece would be forced out. It caused considerable market turbulence. Greece's economy is miniscule. The UK is the 6th biggest economy in the world. There's no doubt in my mind that there will be problems. The big question would be - for how long?

I bet you were worried about the Millennium and all the computers breaking down.

Get a grip mate, all these scare stories about the Millennium, not converting the Pound to the Euro, they always turn out to be utter utter b ollocks.

It's extraordinary how the public moan about their distrust of politicians, big business and bureaucrats and yet as soon as these same people put the frighteners on you fall for it hook line and sinker.
Should the UK leave the EU? on 14:14 - Nov 19 with 947 viewsTHEBUSH

i'd prefer to stay in, but only under certain conditions.

Although I ain't a Cameron supporter, I think he's on the right track regarding staying in.

Jean-Claude Juncker and his cronies have to go, the lot of them, total waste of space

Should the UK leave the EU? on 14:37 - Nov 19 with 930 viewsbatmanhoop

Should the UK leave the EU? on 19:03 - Nov 18 by derbyhoop

I've worked in Germany, France and Ireland, the latter being for 18 months. Freedom of movement, enshrined in the original treaty in 1956, made that very easy. I have a place in France and I can speak enough French to do more than get by, but probably not enough to hold down a full time job.
There's many things wrong about the EU, primarily the waste, but the "renegotiations" haven't really started. Opt out from the "ever closer union", protection for the non-Eurozone countries and the return of powers to national parliaments should be straightforward. (Benefits) Discriminating against non-UK, EU nationals hasn't got a hope in hell of being accepted, although there may be some wiggle room at the margins.

Leaving the EU will lead to an unknown future. 50% of our exports are to the EU, with 4m jobs dependant on that. Our economy is entwined with that of our EU partners. The main reason, though, is the almost apocalyptic effect on financial markets a Brexit will cause. Markets hate uncertainty and a Brexit would be a huge change. The recessions of 2009-2011 would be a walk in the park by comparison.

It would take a huge shift in mood to make me want to leave.

'leaving the EU will lead to an unknown future' then a sentence later 'the recession of 2009 will be a walk in the park comparison'. Scaremongering and bollox of the highest order
Should the UK leave the EU? on 14:49 - Nov 19 with 918 views2Thomas2Bowles

Should the UK leave the EU? on 19:03 - Nov 18 by derbyhoop

I've worked in Germany, France and Ireland, the latter being for 18 months. Freedom of movement, enshrined in the original treaty in 1956, made that very easy. I have a place in France and I can speak enough French to do more than get by, but probably not enough to hold down a full time job.
There's many things wrong about the EU, primarily the waste, but the "renegotiations" haven't really started. Opt out from the "ever closer union", protection for the non-Eurozone countries and the return of powers to national parliaments should be straightforward. (Benefits) Discriminating against non-UK, EU nationals hasn't got a hope in hell of being accepted, although there may be some wiggle room at the margins.

Leaving the EU will lead to an unknown future. 50% of our exports are to the EU, with 4m jobs dependant on that. Our economy is entwined with that of our EU partners. The main reason, though, is the almost apocalyptic effect on financial markets a Brexit will cause. Markets hate uncertainty and a Brexit would be a huge change. The recessions of 2009-2011 would be a walk in the park by comparison.

It would take a huge shift in mood to make me want to leave.

Move to France or where ever, I doubt you would be missed.

All the scaremongering we had about if we don't changed to the Euro we will be fecked

Some bulls*it now
[Post edited 19 Nov 2015 14:51]

When willl this CV nightmare end
Poll: What will the result of the GE be

Should the UK leave the EU? on 19:27 - Nov 19 with 828 viewsDylanP

Let's see, 50% of British trade is with the EU. So, If Britain left the EU then duties would be imposed on both the imports and the exports so roughly 50% of imports and 50% of exports would become more expensive. That means inflation as half of imported goods got more expensive and unemployment as 50% of exports get priced out of the market.

That isn't scaremongering, that is just commonsense.

Poll: Who is the Best QPR Chairman in the last 25 Years?

Should the UK leave the EU? on 20:07 - Nov 19 with 812 viewsTrance_Trousers

Who would impose these duties ?

Once you`ve had black you never go back.........

Should the UK leave the EU? on 20:22 - Nov 19 with 792 viewsCanadaRanger

Canada would welcome that trade, as would Aus/NZ. That was the other option at the time Edward Heath took the UK into its diet of Brussels ...
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024