Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Should the UK leave the EU? 12:09 - Nov 18 with 6952 viewsGloucs_R

Should the UK leave the EU?

Your Vote:

You need to be logged in to vote on our site polls

Poll: Are we staying up?

Should the UK leave the EU? on 19:03 - Nov 18 with 1788 viewsderbyhoop

I've worked in Germany, France and Ireland, the latter being for 18 months. Freedom of movement, enshrined in the original treaty in 1956, made that very easy. I have a place in France and I can speak enough French to do more than get by, but probably not enough to hold down a full time job.
There's many things wrong about the EU, primarily the waste, but the "renegotiations" haven't really started. Opt out from the "ever closer union", protection for the non-Eurozone countries and the return of powers to national parliaments should be straightforward. (Benefits) Discriminating against non-UK, EU nationals hasn't got a hope in hell of being accepted, although there may be some wiggle room at the margins.

Leaving the EU will lead to an unknown future. 50% of our exports are to the EU, with 4m jobs dependant on that. Our economy is entwined with that of our EU partners. The main reason, though, is the almost apocalyptic effect on financial markets a Brexit will cause. Markets hate uncertainty and a Brexit would be a huge change. The recessions of 2009-2011 would be a walk in the park by comparison.

It would take a huge shift in mood to make me want to leave.

Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the Earth all one’s lifetime. (Mark Twain) Find me on twitter @derbyhoop

Should the UK leave the EU? on 19:33 - Nov 18 with 1775 viewsconnell10

Of course we shouldnt leave.

AND WHEN I DREAM , I DREAM ABOUT YOU AND WHEN I SCREAM I SCREAM ABOUT YOU!!!!!
Poll: best number 10 ever?

Should the UK leave the EU? on 19:46 - Nov 18 with 1764 viewsDoughnut

When I hear the normally right of centre CBI, made up largely of white middle to upper class folk, squeeling about how we need to stay in Europe and how cutting immigration is a bad thing, I know we're being stitched up - for the sake of cheap labour and holding down the pay of the native pop. Staying in is such an important issue to the money men and involves such large wads, that there's not a cat in hells chance we're gonna be allowed to leave. One way or another the referendum will be in their favour, if it happens!
Should the UK leave the EU? on 19:53 - Nov 18 with 1758 viewsstevec

Should the UK leave the EU? on 19:46 - Nov 18 by Doughnut

When I hear the normally right of centre CBI, made up largely of white middle to upper class folk, squeeling about how we need to stay in Europe and how cutting immigration is a bad thing, I know we're being stitched up - for the sake of cheap labour and holding down the pay of the native pop. Staying in is such an important issue to the money men and involves such large wads, that there's not a cat in hells chance we're gonna be allowed to leave. One way or another the referendum will be in their favour, if it happens!

Agree totally.

The more you hear of the arguments regards EU the more it seems to come down to this;
Those who want to stay in base their view on self interest
Those who want out base theirs on the common interest
Should the UK leave the EU? on 20:10 - Nov 18 with 1733 viewsHollowayRanger

out out out

I want us to control our boarders and stop any foreign national coming here with a criminal record

I want us be able to deport any foreign national who commits a serious crime include in that id revoke any uk passport belonging to a foreign national and deport them too if they commit a serious crime

STUFF their human rights they should have thought of that before commiting the crime

Listen to the band play!
Poll: How much will you pay for adult season ticket next season if in championship

Should the UK leave the EU? on 20:31 - Nov 18 with 1711 viewsDiscodroids

The Facking House of Lords have just This evening voted to lower the age to 16 for the EU referendum. Those facking 101 lib dem lords have made their overinflated presence known ( 101 lords 8 mps !!)

http://www.theguardian.com/politics/2015/nov/18/lords-back-eu-referendum-vote-fo

younger people are more idealistic and naive and are more likely to be pro european.as well labour and lib dems know.

next thing it will be eu citizens living here ,then commonwealth citizens living here being allowed to vote in the Referendum.

its all just a game,a fackin farce, we'l never be allowed to leave this colonisation . Never.
[Post edited 18 Nov 2015 20:54]

".... You are the... Duke of New York... You're A-Number One!".

Should the UK leave the EU? on 21:08 - Nov 18 with 1674 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Should the UK leave the EU? on 20:31 - Nov 18 by Discodroids

The Facking House of Lords have just This evening voted to lower the age to 16 for the EU referendum. Those facking 101 lib dem lords have made their overinflated presence known ( 101 lords 8 mps !!)

http://www.theguardian.com/politics/2015/nov/18/lords-back-eu-referendum-vote-fo

younger people are more idealistic and naive and are more likely to be pro european.as well labour and lib dems know.

next thing it will be eu citizens living here ,then commonwealth citizens living here being allowed to vote in the Referendum.

its all just a game,a fackin farce, we'l never be allowed to leave this colonisation . Never.
[Post edited 18 Nov 2015 20:54]

I wish you'd get off the fence.
Should the UK leave the EU? on 21:22 - Nov 18 with 1660 viewsbrewers_hoop

Should the UK leave the EU? on 14:29 - Nov 18 by Discodroids

out out and for the love of god, Out again.

Unfortunately I think we will probably stay in the fcking e.u by a 55% to 45 % margin.

it could be more, if the insane route to letting 16 year olds vote is passed. These children can barely wipe their shit encrusted arseholes with out getting remnants on their cuffs, let alone make an informed choice, living in their TOWIE guilded cages or tweeting charlotte church. Fck them.Very much.

all this bollocks about engaging young people, speak when you're fcking well spoken to you , you idealistic fools. you simply havent earned your stripes in the great dojo of life .Poncing about in a captain mysteron t shirt throwing fireworks at horses .. No one really cares what you have to say, you're being indulged and your too fcking thick to see it you partial meatus fetus.

While im at it, i see some Doctor of philosophy, some non job entity that spends the day supplanting left wing seeds of demonic chaos into young minds before fcking them in some university theatre of hate , calls for EU citizens, living in the Uk to have the right to vote in the referendum . I Must be living on the rings of fcking saturn. if this is allowed, the vote will have less credibility than a rollerball rocko TKO ,tweaking mick macnus ears into genuine submission.

un fcking believable. I think that fcker cameron is going to try to pass it in the lords in the next few weeks as well,so desperate is this incubis demon to stay in The eu.

it matters not anyway, those self righteous high minded sawdust caesers cocooned in the EU tessaract of their own disgusting self importance, will make us vote again and again and again until we stay in.They have a track record for it.

I dont believe a word that Panhandle PM ever utters
he makes me wretch a frothy bile , foul of dame judi dench.
[Post edited 18 Nov 2015 14:37]

Ha, ha and thrice ha! Theatre of Hate? Ooh, yes please...
Login to get fewer ads

Should the UK leave the EU? on 21:29 - Nov 18 with 1655 viewsderbyhoop

Should the UK leave the EU? on 19:53 - Nov 18 by stevec

Agree totally.

The more you hear of the arguments regards EU the more it seems to come down to this;
Those who want to stay in base their view on self interest
Those who want out base theirs on the common interest

I disagree.
Those who want to stay in base their view on what is best for the country. There may be some who are acting out of self interest. Business people who are happy to recruit cheap Eastern European labour.
Those who want us to come out have either a xenophobic approach to our continental cousins or don't appreciate the risks of coming out.

One thing is certain. If we do come out, there will be no going back.

Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the Earth all one’s lifetime. (Mark Twain) Find me on twitter @derbyhoop

Should the UK leave the EU? on 21:36 - Nov 18 with 1650 viewsBrianMcCarthy

I love the fact that the woman who started the 'Close UK Borders' campaign lives in Spain. Naturally.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Should the UK leave the EU? on 21:45 - Nov 18 with 1639 viewsDorse

Anyone that wants to stay in the EU should move to the a South where it's closer. Those that want to leave should move to the North to get as far away as possible.

"Alright? Run around... NOW!"

'What do we want? We don't know! When do we want it? Now!'

Should the UK leave the EU? on 22:22 - Nov 18 with 1599 viewsderbyhoop

on 01:00 - Jan 1 by

You and I have had these differences before, so I'm not going to labour this. Just a quick response to your points, though:-

What is stopping UK companies trading with the rest of the world, today? Many of my friends are involved with companies trading with China.
The evidence of financial upheaval is based on what happened when it was feared that Greece would be forced out. It caused considerable market turbulence. Greece's economy is miniscule. The UK is the 6th biggest economy in the world. There's no doubt in my mind that there will be problems. The big question would be - for how long?

Should the UK leave the EU? on 22:29 - Nov 18 with 1495 viewsBasingstokeR

Which option is more likely to mean we end up as part of the proposed Transatlantic Trade and Investment Partnership (TTIP)?
Should the UK leave the EU? on 22:29 - Nov 18 with 1494 viewsTheBlob

The EU is a corpse that hasn't quite stopped twitching.
Out.
ASAP.

Poll: So how was the season for you?

Should the UK leave the EU? on 22:46 - Nov 18 with 1470 viewsDiscodroids

The sooner we withdraw from this duplicitous collective of Fanatics and zealots propping up their vanity project the better.

Supposedly in return for our 55 million quid a day we are given a 'Gateway' to trade in europe, what the fu cks that mean?. 55 million a day to clear a bit of tin pot legislation and red tape. please fu ck off .

For the first time since these records were recorded , figures were released last month that We now export more outside of the EU than within.We dont pay £55 million a day to trade outside the EU, so why pay this Behemoth sum to trade within it??. In addition these clueless lounge lizard sleezebags who exist in some kind of EUtopia , and never having a job with a going concern , want to introduce a tax on every financial transaction within the City.

Now many of my old contacts there may well be class a drug addled scum in the square mile , but there fiscally prudent class a drug addled scum, with bank balances to prove it( i do realise this brings some left wingers out in jealous hives ) and if they tell me it will destroy the city, the fu cking fiscal lungs of this nation, then i believe them over some mad east german dwarf who knows full well it will damage this country more than any other that bends in supplication at her behest.

Begone from this foul place and send in the fumigators to audit their accounts for the first time in 2o years. An abysmal faliure that the overflowing ceausescu orphanages of Greece and their nameless children will testify .

a lunatic asylum thats out of control, but will never stop only get bigger, accepting more inmates as it grows.
[Post edited 18 Nov 2015 22:51]

Should the UK leave the EU? on 23:03 - Nov 18 with 1447 views1BobbyHazell

Yes, out now before TTIP destroys what democracy we have left.

But as others have said, we will never be allowed to leave. All these 'Cameron negotiations' are pure make believe theatre, embellishing the illusion that there is a genuine choice for the people.

The economic scaremongering is a classic tactic. I highly recommend listening to this interview with the Icelandic president who talks about the threats that he in his country received when they refused to accept 'austerity' measures and just how empty those threats proved to be. The most honest and eye opening interview you have ever heard with a politician, guaranteed.

[Post edited 18 Nov 2015 23:04]
Should the UK leave the EU? on 23:04 - Nov 18 with 1444 viewszicoshoops

I voted last time round in the 70's.
Although that vote was for joining the Common Market or not, which meant joining a European Union which would enable Free Trade within the Common Market.
Nothing about European Courts or the single Currency.

I remember pre Common Market days, when Fruit and Veg looked as nature intended.
When food that traveled from various Commenwealth Countries was cheaper than food which we then had to purchase from Common Market Countries. (New Zealand Lamb for example)

I remember the CBI saying that we would lose 3 million jobs if we didn't join the single currency. (self interested liars)

I work all around London every day.
I see houses that are 'worth' 20-30 million pounds........bought in cash, maybe with dirty money, maybe not.
Mayfair, Belgravia, Chelsea, Kensington,.............walk around these areas in the evenings and at night.
The houses are dark......they are like ghost towns.
The majority of them are not owner occupied....in fact the majority are not occupied at all.

But take a trip to The Temple, and Lincoln Inn's Fields any weekday evening from 7pm onwards.
Look at the hundreds of people waiting for a handout of a hot meal.
Not only people we might consider 'Tramps,' but hundreds of people that look like you or I.
Sadly, even people that have jobs, yet can't afford to eat.
It sounds mad doesn't it?................But it's a fact.

We've just signed massive trade deals with both China and India.....last time l looked neither of which are in the EU.

We are a nation that was the world super power, not so very long ago.
That was our time, it will never come round again.
We did lot's of good things, and lot's of bad things, as all super powers do.

But as a nation, at the very least, we should be in control of our own destiny.
The laws we adhere too, should be laws that are passed by our elected officials......for better or worse.

The EU will trade with us, or it won't.
There is a huge growing world market, in which we should participate fully.

It cost the UK millions upon millions of pounds every year, to be a member of the EU.

Stay in or leave?
Leave.
Get out and stay out.

We have more in common with a Country 3 thousand miles away across the Atlantic, than we do with any country on a continent which is 23 miles away.

Signed
Zico.

Politics?..............always very left...........but I know when I'm being mugged.
Should the UK leave the EU? on 23:12 - Nov 18 with 1426 viewsTheBlob

Should the UK leave the EU? on 23:04 - Nov 18 by zicoshoops

I voted last time round in the 70's.
Although that vote was for joining the Common Market or not, which meant joining a European Union which would enable Free Trade within the Common Market.
Nothing about European Courts or the single Currency.

I remember pre Common Market days, when Fruit and Veg looked as nature intended.
When food that traveled from various Commenwealth Countries was cheaper than food which we then had to purchase from Common Market Countries. (New Zealand Lamb for example)

I remember the CBI saying that we would lose 3 million jobs if we didn't join the single currency. (self interested liars)

I work all around London every day.
I see houses that are 'worth' 20-30 million pounds........bought in cash, maybe with dirty money, maybe not.
Mayfair, Belgravia, Chelsea, Kensington,.............walk around these areas in the evenings and at night.
The houses are dark......they are like ghost towns.
The majority of them are not owner occupied....in fact the majority are not occupied at all.

But take a trip to The Temple, and Lincoln Inn's Fields any weekday evening from 7pm onwards.
Look at the hundreds of people waiting for a handout of a hot meal.
Not only people we might consider 'Tramps,' but hundreds of people that look like you or I.
Sadly, even people that have jobs, yet can't afford to eat.
It sounds mad doesn't it?................But it's a fact.

We've just signed massive trade deals with both China and India.....last time l looked neither of which are in the EU.

We are a nation that was the world super power, not so very long ago.
That was our time, it will never come round again.
We did lot's of good things, and lot's of bad things, as all super powers do.

But as a nation, at the very least, we should be in control of our own destiny.
The laws we adhere too, should be laws that are passed by our elected officials......for better or worse.

The EU will trade with us, or it won't.
There is a huge growing world market, in which we should participate fully.

It cost the UK millions upon millions of pounds every year, to be a member of the EU.

Stay in or leave?
Leave.
Get out and stay out.

We have more in common with a Country 3 thousand miles away across the Atlantic, than we do with any country on a continent which is 23 miles away.

Signed
Zico.

Politics?..............always very left...........but I know when I'm being mugged.

Bravo Zico,
Burgeoning ties with China and Russia make strange bedfellows but there's more mileage there.New Chinese trading hub in London.
The EU has always needed us more than we needed them.
And yes beware TTIP

Poll: So how was the season for you?

Should the UK leave the EU? on 23:25 - Nov 18 with 1406 viewsHollowayRanger

two things

1.do we put in more then we get out?

2. why is nigel Lawson in charge of the lets get out side ,he's ruddy toxic and will put off loads of people ,need a high profile likeable role model/leader

Listen to the band play!
Poll: How much will you pay for adult season ticket next season if in championship

Should the UK leave the EU? on 01:24 - Nov 19 with 1349 viewsJigsore

since disco thinks young people should not be allowed to vote because they may go against his personal opinion I therefore declare people over 60 should not be allowed to vote against my preference because they are too old

“The thing about football - the important thing about football - is that it is not just about football.”

Should the UK leave the EU? on 02:28 - Nov 19 with 1333 viewsisawqpratwcity

Should the UK leave the EU? on 01:24 - Nov 19 by Jigsore

since disco thinks young people should not be allowed to vote because they may go against his personal opinion I therefore declare people over 60 should not be allowed to vote against my preference because they are too old

Make it 48.

Poll: Deaths of Thatcher and Mandela this year: Sad or Glad?

Should the UK leave the EU? on 05:19 - Nov 19 with 1312 viewsJAPRANGERS

Should the UK leave the EU? on 23:25 - Nov 18 by HollowayRanger

two things

1.do we put in more then we get out?

2. why is nigel Lawson in charge of the lets get out side ,he's ruddy toxic and will put off loads of people ,need a high profile likeable role model/leader

The lesbian vote is decided then??
Should the UK leave the EU? on 07:57 - Nov 19 with 1099 viewsalhoopy

Should the UK leave the EU? on 12:11 - Nov 18 by Gloucs_R

Just wondering what the general feeling is? The real vote isnt until 2017 and protecting our borders may not be a problem by then.....

Out of the German Empire (EU) and into the world.

Why restrict ourselves to a limited club that is under performing when there are other trading collaborations like IBSA and NAFTA performing much better and without imposing the bulls hit beurocratic dictatorship of the likes of Obamas puppet Merkel while they wage war on Putin.

Don't believe the bulls hit spread by the independence sceptics about being frozen out of trading with the German Empire. They need us more than we need them. Next time your on a motorway look at the 10 vehicles around and closest to you. 6 or 7 of them will be German!!! We are Germanys largest car export market. Do you seriously believe these clowns when they come out with tripe like "our export markets would be hit due to less favorable trading conditions" yeah...The Germans would be prepared to loose their largest car export market wouldn't they?

Poor Greece. They came perilously close........Perilously close to freedom, democracy and starting out on the road th prosperity.

The only people that want to remain in this failed project are the ones with their own personal selfish interests at stake. Interests that don't reflect the greater good and for the wider popular. They are all puppets of this unelected, un democratic dictatorship.
Should the UK leave the EU? on 08:00 - Nov 19 with 1095 viewsalhoopy

Should the UK leave the EU? on 16:12 - Nov 18 by Tonto

given how right wing this forum appears top be, i dont see this as a reasonable indication of how the country will vote...

Just because it dosent stoop to your loony left view its right wing? How dare it

We've just had enough of your lot Socially re engineering this country down the pan that's all
Should the UK leave the EU? on 08:08 - Nov 19 with 1088 viewsDiscodroids

Ive no problem with 18 year olds voting , a la the General election, The majority of 16 year olds that i know and have known through social and work portals have'nt a scoobie on the harsh practicalities of life.Man child Idiot savants in developing bodies.

In fact the primates fingering the 2001 obelisk have more about them.

Its not their fault...they'll soon grow out of it , usually by the time their 30 and left uni.

(Im 48.)

ps and before any wag nips in, i even agree to letting gays, gingers, women, guardian readers and people of colour vote.

cant say fairer than that
[Post edited 19 Nov 2015 8:17]

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024