Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Bombs at France game and shooting 21:54 - Nov 13 with 35551 viewsGloucs_R

Suicide bombers at France v Germany game and machine gun attacks in Paris

Poll: Are we staying up?

Bombs at France game and shooting on 14:13 - Nov 16 with 2418 viewsDiscodroids

Bombs at France game and shooting on 14:00 - Nov 16 by kensalriser

I think you will find that Tim Farron is a Crusader infidel.

He certainly seems to have an real grasp on the situation at hand. Damn shame he's not in Turkey @G20 being utlised to the fullest extent. His Forensic knowledge on how to locate, Pacify and persuade Crazed bestial jhiadists to stand trial without the need for drones would be a real nifty bonus .

".... You are the... Duke of New York... You're A-Number One!".

Bombs at France game and shooting on 14:22 - Nov 16 with 2398 viewsWilloW4

Bombs at France game and shooting on 12:26 - Nov 16 by Konk

I’m an atheist, but my parents are religious, and I think their faith has helped them cope with a lot of difficult moments in their lives, and they’ve always undertaken a lot of charity work and fundraising; driven in part by their religion. To me it seems borderline insane/infantile to hold the beliefs they do, but I think it’s generally been a force for good in their lives. I think the key is accepting that not everyone sees the world the same was as you do — my brothers and me are atheist, stopped going to church as soon as we were given the option, none of our kids are christened, none of us got married in church etc, and my parents have never said a word about it. I’m sure they’re sad about it, but they respect our right to get on with our own lives as we see fit. The problem is when people of any faith, seek to impose their religion on others. The problem, as ever, is extremism.

Touché konk.. Well written sir.👍.
Bombs at France game and shooting on 14:30 - Nov 16 with 2373 viewsElHoop

Bombs at France game and shooting on 14:22 - Nov 16 by WilloW4

Touché konk.. Well written sir.👍.

No disrespect to Konk, who always comes across as a genuine good guy, but his parents gave him a choice which he hasn't availed to his own children.
Bombs at France game and shooting on 14:34 - Nov 16 with 2355 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Bombs at France game and shooting on 14:30 - Nov 16 by ElHoop

No disrespect to Konk, who always comes across as a genuine good guy, but his parents gave him a choice which he hasn't availed to his own children.

Thats not how I read it.

Are you talking about Konk not christening his children?

Surely christening his children would be not leaving them with a choice? You can be christened at any age, but you can never be un christened.
Bombs at France game and shooting on 14:36 - Nov 16 with 2350 viewsElHoop

Bombs at France game and shooting on 14:34 - Nov 16 by BazzaInTheLoft

Thats not how I read it.

Are you talking about Konk not christening his children?

Surely christening his children would be not leaving them with a choice? You can be christened at any age, but you can never be un christened.

A 'christening' is a bloke putting water on your head. It happened to me but i don't remember much about it if I'm honest. But seeing as you enjoy trivialities, no it can't be undone, you are correct.
Bombs at France game and shooting on 14:36 - Nov 16 with 2348 viewsWilloW4

Konk doesn't mentioned his children.?!?
Bombs at France game and shooting on 14:39 - Nov 16 with 2337 viewsKonk

If my son wants to follow a faith then that will be his decision. I'm always respectful of my parent's faith and when it's discussed with my nephews and nieces, it's always explained that whilst we don't share their beliefs, it brings them a lot of comfort and informs a lot of the good stuff they do. My son is too young to be having these chats with me, but I'll adopt the same tone.

Personally, I think you can teach your kids a lot of the virtues from various faiths without having to immerse them in it. I think it's possible to try and be good, kind, charitable etc without needing to be religious.

Fulham FC: It's the taking part that counts

Bombs at France game and shooting on 14:42 - Nov 16 with 2320 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Bombs at France game and shooting on 14:36 - Nov 16 by ElHoop

A 'christening' is a bloke putting water on your head. It happened to me but i don't remember much about it if I'm honest. But seeing as you enjoy trivialities, no it can't be undone, you are correct.

I was just curious about what choices you think Konk is refusing his chldren.
Login to get fewer ads

Bombs at France game and shooting on 14:47 - Nov 16 with 2313 viewsKonk

Bombs at France game and shooting on 14:13 - Nov 16 by Discodroids

He certainly seems to have an real grasp on the situation at hand. Damn shame he's not in Turkey @G20 being utlised to the fullest extent. His Forensic knowledge on how to locate, Pacify and persuade Crazed bestial jhiadists to stand trial without the need for drones would be a real nifty bonus .

I’m hugely conflicted by this: I’m generally a big fan of law and order, but I have been a bit puzzled by people suggesting we should have brought Mohammed Emwazi to stand trial rather than kill him via a drone strike. I’m no military expert, but extracting him from Raqqa looked a bit trickier than your average citizens arrest and I'm not sure I care that much about his rights, that I'd have wanted to see people killed whilst trying to get him out of Syria.

I really struggle with this stuff, because I start seeing the attraction of disappearing problematic people, but I know that's not the way to go. But you put them in prison and you watch as they indoctrinate more people and...what's the answer?

Fulham FC: It's the taking part that counts

Bombs at France game and shooting on 14:54 - Nov 16 with 2292 viewsElHoop

Bombs at France game and shooting on 14:39 - Nov 16 by Konk

If my son wants to follow a faith then that will be his decision. I'm always respectful of my parent's faith and when it's discussed with my nephews and nieces, it's always explained that whilst we don't share their beliefs, it brings them a lot of comfort and informs a lot of the good stuff they do. My son is too young to be having these chats with me, but I'll adopt the same tone.

Personally, I think you can teach your kids a lot of the virtues from various faiths without having to immerse them in it. I think it's possible to try and be good, kind, charitable etc without needing to be religious.

Yeah but you are a capable bloke and I imagine that you can make things work out for your kids in a lot of different ways. But we're not talking about people with those options here, we're talking about people with no options, no prospects, no opportunities - no real hope really. Whatever the best way is to get the biggest number of people to make the most of themselves, this way isn't it. You need choices, chances - different ways of approaching life and help to find the right one. It'll never be a perfect world, but it could be a lot better. I wouldn't dream of thinking that what my kids need is the same as what I needed.
Bombs at France game and shooting on 14:57 - Nov 16 with 2275 viewsBluce_Ree

Wow... this thread made it this far without getting locked for mad bigotry.

It's a near-Xmas miracle!

Stefan Moore, Stefan Moore running down the wing. Stefan Moore, Stefan Moore running down the wing. He runs like a cheetah, his crosses couldn't be sweeter. Stefan Moore. Stefan Moore. Stefan Moore.

Bombs at France game and shooting on 15:03 - Nov 16 with 2263 viewslondonscottish

I found this interesting - kind of explains why some interpretation of Islam seem to be taking us back in time not forward.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/islamic-state/11996879/Islams-civil-wa

I've also started reading a Thousand Splendid Suns by thet guy who wrote the Kite Runner. His books tend to start in a pluralist, modern Islamic world and end in the narrow barbaric version that we see today in some countries.

Poll: Do you love or hate the new Marmite ad?

Bombs at France game and shooting on 15:07 - Nov 16 with 2237 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Bombs at France game and shooting on 15:03 - Nov 16 by londonscottish

I found this interesting - kind of explains why some interpretation of Islam seem to be taking us back in time not forward.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/islamic-state/11996879/Islams-civil-wa

I've also started reading a Thousand Splendid Suns by thet guy who wrote the Kite Runner. His books tend to start in a pluralist, modern Islamic world and end in the narrow barbaric version that we see today in some countries.

'With over 1.4 billion Muslims around the globe, the swelling of the fundamentalist ranks poses serious problems. If only 1 per cent of the world’s Muslims accepts this uncompromising theology, and 10 per cent of that 1-per cent decide to commit themselves to a radical agenda, we are looking at a one million strong recruitment pool for groups such as al-Qaeda, IS and whatever comes next'

Terrifying maths!
Bombs at France game and shooting on 15:56 - Nov 16 with 2148 viewslondonscottish

Bombs at France game and shooting on 15:07 - Nov 16 by BazzaInTheLoft

'With over 1.4 billion Muslims around the globe, the swelling of the fundamentalist ranks poses serious problems. If only 1 per cent of the world’s Muslims accepts this uncompromising theology, and 10 per cent of that 1-per cent decide to commit themselves to a radical agenda, we are looking at a one million strong recruitment pool for groups such as al-Qaeda, IS and whatever comes next'

Terrifying maths!

It's not a cheery outlook, really.

Poll: Do you love or hate the new Marmite ad?

Bombs at France game and shooting on 15:59 - Nov 16 with 2142 viewsDorse

Bombs at France game and shooting on 15:07 - Nov 16 by BazzaInTheLoft

Terrifying maths!

But that's still a recruitment pool of 1.26 billion Muslims that either don't agree with or wouldn't act upon this, ahem, 'uncompromising theology'. Add that to the 5.6 billion people who aren't Muslim and they are seriously outnumbered.

Hang on a minute. Doesn't that make them an oppressed minority? Ah bollocks. I need to think this through again.

'What do we want? We don't know! When do we want it? Now!'

Bombs at France game and shooting on 16:05 - Nov 16 with 2113 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Bombs at France game and shooting on 15:59 - Nov 16 by Dorse

But that's still a recruitment pool of 1.26 billion Muslims that either don't agree with or wouldn't act upon this, ahem, 'uncompromising theology'. Add that to the 5.6 billion people who aren't Muslim and they are seriously outnumbered.

Hang on a minute. Doesn't that make them an oppressed minority? Ah bollocks. I need to think this through again.

As a lefty dickhead I have no idea where to go with this now thanks to you.

I've 'liked' a Jihadi Facebook page just in case.

One sec there's a knock at my door.......
[Post edited 16 Nov 2015 17:30]
Bombs at France game and shooting on 17:29 - Nov 16 with 2016 viewsStraightR

This is a very long article and I find 'The Atlantic' magazine's style a bit laboured. But I found it interesting myself.

http://www.theatlantic.com/magazine/archive/2015/03/what-isis-really-wants/38498
Bombs at France game and shooting on 19:22 - Nov 16 with 1937 viewsjohncharles

I'm still stunned. I just can't understand what anyone hopes to gain by machine gunning total strangers.

Strong and stable my arse.

Bombs at France game and shooting on 00:10 - Nov 17 with 1823 viewsWilloW4

Bombs at France game and shooting on 16:05 - Nov 16 by BazzaInTheLoft

As a lefty dickhead I have no idea where to go with this now thanks to you.

I've 'liked' a Jihadi Facebook page just in case.

One sec there's a knock at my door.......
[Post edited 16 Nov 2015 17:30]

'As a lefty dickhead'... Nuff said.!!
Bombs at France game and shooting on 03:29 - Nov 17 with 1765 viewsisawqpratwcity

Terrorism increasing...

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2015-11-17/global-terrorism-index-increase/6947200

Poll: Deaths of Thatcher and Mandela this year: Sad or Glad?

Bombs at France game and shooting on 09:57 - Nov 17 with 1696 viewsDiscodroids

Watching and listening to people on the TV/radio/my dojo of work announcing every 4th word with french accents and mannerisms straight from The peter sellers , clouseau handbook is quite astonishing.

".... You are the... Duke of New York... You're A-Number One!".

Bombs at France game and shooting on 10:02 - Nov 17 with 3318 views2Thomas2Bowles

When willl this CV nightmare end
Poll: What will the result of the GE be

Bombs at France game and shooting on 10:26 - Nov 17 with 3287 views2Thomas2Bowles

Bombs at France game and shooting on 10:46 - Nov 17 with 3263 viewsBrightonhoop

Bombs at France game and shooting on 09:57 - Nov 17 by Discodroids

Watching and listening to people on the TV/radio/my dojo of work announcing every 4th word with french accents and mannerisms straight from The peter sellers , clouseau handbook is quite astonishing.

So is George Osborne bolting the door after the horse has bolted.......
Bombs at France game and shooting on 11:52 - Nov 17 with 3201 views2Thomas2Bowles

Why, of course, the people don't want war. Why would some poor slob on a farm want to risk his life in a war when the best that he can get out of it is to come back to his farm in one piece? Naturally, the common people don't want war; neither in Russia nor in England nor in America, nor for that matter in Germany. That is understood. But, after all, it is the leaders of the country who determine the policy and it is always a simple matter to drag the people along, whether it is a democracy or a fascist dictatorship or a Parliament or a Communist dictatorship.

Gilbert: There is one difference. In a democracy, the people have some say in the matter through their elected representatives, and in the United States only Congress can declare wars.

Göring: Oh, that is all well and good, but, voice or no voice, the people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders. That is easy. All you have to do is tell them they are being attacked and denounce the pacifists for lack of patriotism and exposing the country to danger. It works the same way in any country.

In an interview with Gilbert in Göring's jail cell during the Nuremberg War Crimes Trials (18 April 1946)

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024