Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Bombs at France game and shooting 21:54 - Nov 13 with 35550 viewsGloucs_R

Suicide bombers at France v Germany game and machine gun attacks in Paris

Poll: Are we staying up?

Bombs at France game and shooting on 07:01 - Nov 16 with 2716 viewsPommyhoop

Bombs at France game and shooting on 22:49 - Nov 15 by Pommyhoop

Just watching our morning TV and it showed the crowd of well wishers getting panicked by kids setting off firecrackers.Karl Stefanovic( our Eamonn Holmes) caught caught up in the stampede
People are understandably twitchy over there.

http://cdn.meme.am/instances/250x250/55039027.jpg
Poll: How much should we sell Eze for. What will we get.

Bombs at France game and shooting on 09:58 - Nov 16 with 2577 viewsJuzzie

All this has nothing to do with religion IMO. It's a facade to hide the real objective which is power, control, money etc. Has been for hundreds of years.

This is why people of all faiths need to stand up to the extremists , "not in my name".
I too would like to see thousands of muslims marching with banners saying as such and condeming these people but sadly, I won't be holding my breath.
Bombs at France game and shooting on 10:18 - Nov 16 with 2530 viewsJuzzie

I was thinking yesterday that govenments have got t o stop being so reactionary.

Example: Germany - pictures go global of that poor little boy face down and drowned. "All refugees are welcome" Germany exclaims. Hundreds of thousands pour in and they start to have a re-think. Forward wind a couple of months and after Fridays attacks in Paris they are now thinking of stemming the flow completely.

The powers that be need to sit down and come up with something tangable, something more long term. Whatever they decide they won't please everyone but they have to do something that is decisive.
Bombs at France game and shooting on 10:23 - Nov 16 with 2515 viewsTheBlob

Bombs at France game and shooting on 09:58 - Nov 16 by Juzzie

All this has nothing to do with religion IMO. It's a facade to hide the real objective which is power, control, money etc. Has been for hundreds of years.

This is why people of all faiths need to stand up to the extremists , "not in my name".
I too would like to see thousands of muslims marching with banners saying as such and condeming these people but sadly, I won't be holding my breath.

Will you kindly stop being so sensible.
You know that will upset a lot of people who have our best interests at heart.

Poll: So how was the season for you?

Bombs at France game and shooting on 10:31 - Nov 16 with 2497 viewsElHoop

Bombs at France game and shooting on 10:18 - Nov 16 by Juzzie

I was thinking yesterday that govenments have got t o stop being so reactionary.

Example: Germany - pictures go global of that poor little boy face down and drowned. "All refugees are welcome" Germany exclaims. Hundreds of thousands pour in and they start to have a re-think. Forward wind a couple of months and after Fridays attacks in Paris they are now thinking of stemming the flow completely.

The powers that be need to sit down and come up with something tangable, something more long term. Whatever they decide they won't please everyone but they have to do something that is decisive.

The Germans swallow one dodgy philosophy after another, the latest being the EU as we know it. An EU would be a good idea, but the EU that we have is shite. It's primarily the fault of Germany and France. We seem unable to do anything at all about them.

This IS stuff won't go away unfortunately. At the end of society inhabited by a lot of these kids there's not much else on offer. Shite job prospects and the alternative 'lifestyle' often seems to be pissed up cokeheadism. Not much of a choice is it? There's no point in knocking religion - for many it provides an honest and worthwhile lifestyle which the cokeheads and jihadists don't have offered to them. There must be some other lifestyle which isn't religious or a 'free for all' which could be actively 'sold' to the young as a way forward from here. It's not just the IS philosophy that makes this world a fecking mess.
Bombs at France game and shooting on 10:37 - Nov 16 with 2484 viewsJuzzie

Bombs at France game and shooting on 10:23 - Nov 16 by TheBlob

Will you kindly stop being so sensible.
You know that will upset a lot of people who have our best interests at heart.

lol!

And by power, money & control I'm talking about all sides. £billions of money made by western countries selling arms to the middle east, the UK and other European countries messing up the middle east in the 20's and post WWII. We are just as much the cause as the middle east tribes own in-fighting which happened long before we came along.
Bombs at France game and shooting on 10:45 - Nov 16 with 2483 views2Thomas2Bowles

Bombs at France game and shooting on 09:58 - Nov 16 by Juzzie

Religion is power, or at least the means to power.
[Post edited 16 Nov 2015 10:46]

When willl this CV nightmare end
Poll: What will the result of the GE be

Bombs at France game and shooting on 11:02 - Nov 16 with 2431 viewslondonscottish

Just came across Ken Livingstone's speech after 7/7. A good message for the death squads. You will fail.

Poll: Do you love or hate the new Marmite ad?

Login to get fewer ads

Bombs at France game and shooting on 11:47 - Nov 16 with 2369 viewsDiscodroids

"God is great", prove it you holy cnt by taking out Waterdon house in stratford this morning with a surgical strike of omnipotent wrath.

You cant miss me, im the bloke 2nd desk in from left on the 3rd floor with my head in my hands, surrounded on all sides like general Custer by a load of left of the dial hashtagging olympians and middle class Badder Meinhoff soldiers from Hackney, Hommerton and Bow,who have just about stopped short of walking around the fkn office with a string of onions around their necks, and i'll be quite frank , i dont think i can make it to lunchtime.
[Post edited 16 Nov 2015 11:58]

".... You are the... Duke of New York... You're A-Number One!".

Bombs at France game and shooting on 11:55 - Nov 16 with 2348 viewsDeano19766

Bombs at France game and shooting on 10:31 - Nov 16 by ElHoop

The Germans swallow one dodgy philosophy after another, the latest being the EU as we know it. An EU would be a good idea, but the EU that we have is shite. It's primarily the fault of Germany and France. We seem unable to do anything at all about them.

This IS stuff won't go away unfortunately. At the end of society inhabited by a lot of these kids there's not much else on offer. Shite job prospects and the alternative 'lifestyle' often seems to be pissed up cokeheadism. Not much of a choice is it? There's no point in knocking religion - for many it provides an honest and worthwhile lifestyle which the cokeheads and jihadists don't have offered to them. There must be some other lifestyle which isn't religious or a 'free for all' which could be actively 'sold' to the young as a way forward from here. It's not just the IS philosophy that makes this world a fecking mess.

You're right the world is a feckin mess. That's what happens when you have too many cantss on it.......and humans generally are cants as the evidence proves. If the world could talk it would want every last one of us cants off it so everything else on the planet can get on with living without the mass killing and destruction of other creatures and the planet itself.

Humans have spent thousands of years raping, pillaging, murdering, destroying, butchering and such like. It's only in recent times that some have evolved past that, or so we thought anyway. It seems it never really goes away, as current events demonstrate. A big war is never far away with us humans. Jealousy, envy, aggression....it's in the genes. A sad state of affairs, but unfortunately very true.
[Post edited 16 Nov 2015 12:04]
Bombs at France game and shooting on 12:04 - Nov 16 with 2322 viewsKonk

Bombs at France game and shooting on 11:55 - Nov 16 by Deano19766

You're right the world is a feckin mess. That's what happens when you have too many cantss on it.......and humans generally are cants as the evidence proves. If the world could talk it would want every last one of us cants off it so everything else on the planet can get on with living without the mass killing and destruction of other creatures and the planet itself.

Humans have spent thousands of years raping, pillaging, murdering, destroying, butchering and such like. It's only in recent times that some have evolved past that, or so we thought anyway. It seems it never really goes away, as current events demonstrate. A big war is never far away with us humans. Jealousy, envy, aggression....it's in the genes. A sad state of affairs, but unfortunately very true.
[Post edited 16 Nov 2015 12:04]

I agree that humans are the biggest problem in terms of the planet, but I reckon the vast, vast, vast majority of people are actually decent and kind. Flawed and imperfect, but fundamentally good. The flipside of the horrific events of Friday night, is how many people risked their own safety to help others, how many opened their doors to offer sanctuary to strangers, and how many people queued up for hours to give blood, again, for the benefit of strangers.

Fulham FC: It's the taking part that counts

Bombs at France game and shooting on 12:09 - Nov 16 with 2309 viewsDeano19766

Bombs at France game and shooting on 12:04 - Nov 16 by Konk

I agree that humans are the biggest problem in terms of the planet, but I reckon the vast, vast, vast majority of people are actually decent and kind. Flawed and imperfect, but fundamentally good. The flipside of the horrific events of Friday night, is how many people risked their own safety to help others, how many opened their doors to offer sanctuary to strangers, and how many people queued up for hours to give blood, again, for the benefit of strangers.

A valid point. An example of the humans that have genuinely evolved. Still billions of cants to undo all that though. Not sure what the answer is. I'd ban religion, but that's a very totalitarian approach to take. I have a feeling if it wasn't religion it would be something else anyway. As I said, it's in the genes
Bombs at France game and shooting on 12:20 - Nov 16 with 2289 viewsElHoop

Bombs at France game and shooting on 12:09 - Nov 16 by Deano19766

A valid point. An example of the humans that have genuinely evolved. Still billions of cants to undo all that though. Not sure what the answer is. I'd ban religion, but that's a very totalitarian approach to take. I have a feeling if it wasn't religion it would be something else anyway. As I said, it's in the genes

You can't ban religion. That would make things worse anyway.

How many c*ntish things have been done by aethiests over the years? You gonna ban that too? Ban fecking everything and you've got a computer with no software. Amazing that we spend so much time writing programs ad Apps and stuff and as people, compared to what could be possible, we are mostly still running on Microsoft Spearchucker version 1.
Bombs at France game and shooting on 12:22 - Nov 16 with 2283 viewsTheBlob

How do you know what's "good for the planet"?
Have you bothered to ask it?
Supreme human arrogance.
[Post edited 16 Nov 2015 12:23]

Bombs at France game and shooting on 12:26 - Nov 16 with 2274 viewsKonk

Bombs at France game and shooting on 12:09 - Nov 16 by Deano19766

I’m an atheist, but my parents are religious, and I think their faith has helped them cope with a lot of difficult moments in their lives, and they’ve always undertaken a lot of charity work and fundraising; driven in part by their religion. To me it seems borderline insane/infantile to hold the beliefs they do, but I think it’s generally been a force for good in their lives. I think the key is accepting that not everyone sees the world the same was as you do — my brothers and me are atheist, stopped going to church as soon as we were given the option, none of our kids are christened, none of us got married in church etc, and my parents have never said a word about it. I’m sure they’re sad about it, but they respect our right to get on with our own lives as we see fit. The problem is when people of any faith, seek to impose their religion on others. The problem, as ever, is extremism.

Bombs at France game and shooting on 12:34 - Nov 16 with 2243 viewsKonk

Bombs at France game and shooting on 12:22 - Nov 16 by TheBlob

Supreme human arrogance.

Is it even controversial to suggest that industrialisation, urbanisation, pollution, deforestation, industrial agriculture and fishing etc probably haven't helped the ecological balance of the planet?

Bombs at France game and shooting (n/t) on 12:41 - Nov 16 with 2222 viewsDeano19766

Bombs at France game and shooting on 12:34 - Nov 16 by Konk

Is it even controversial to suggest that industrialisation, urbanisation, pollution, deforestation, industrial agriculture and fishing etc probably haven't helped the ecological balance of the planet?

[Post edited 16 Nov 2015 12:41]
Bombs at France game and shooting on 12:44 - Nov 16 with 2210 viewsDeano19766

Bombs at France game and shooting on 12:22 - Nov 16 by TheBlob

Supreme human arrogance.

As Konk said.

What a ridiculous question and conclusion in the first place. The only one displaying arrogance is you, and displaying it in abundance. Simply too daft to be ignorance
Bombs at France game and shooting on 12:47 - Nov 16 with 2196 viewsBostonR

I hope someone publicly has the balls to confront Cameron and May with regard to how prepared we are to take on such a massacre in London. The Police have been cut to the bone and I would wager there are not enough trained units in London to handle the same incident we witnessed in Paris.
The death toll in Paris is awful, but the French were ready for it and their special forces were into the concert hall quickly and probably saved a lot of people. Watching and listening to Cameron and May you can see we are a long way off being prepared.
Bombs at France game and shooting on 12:48 - Nov 16 with 2191 viewskensalriser

Humankind is definitely bad for the planet, along with most of the rest of the life form on it.

Poll: QPR to finish 7th or Brentford to drop out of the top 6?

Bombs at France game and shooting on 12:48 - Nov 16 with 2191 viewsElHoop

Bombs at France game and shooting on 12:26 - Nov 16 by Konk

I’m an atheist, but my parents are religious, and I think their faith has helped them cope with a lot of difficult moments in their lives, and they’ve always undertaken a lot of charity work and fundraising; driven in part by their religion. To me it seems borderline insane/infantile to hold the beliefs they do, but I think it’s generally been a force for good in their lives. I think the key is accepting that not everyone sees the world the same was as you do — my brothers and me are atheist, stopped going to church as soon as we were given the option, none of our kids are christened, none of us got married in church etc, and my parents have never said a word about it. I’m sure they’re sad about it, but they respect our right to get on with our own lives as we see fit. The problem is when people of any faith, seek to impose their religion on others. The problem, as ever, is extremism.

That's a good defence of religion, i would say, as someone who's pretty much aethiest himself. I never went to church as a kid but my wife did and she wanted the kids brought up as Catholic and i was happy to go along with that. I don't really understand why they had to give it up when they got to 14 or whenever it was. Exactly at the time when the Catholic church decides that you need to 'confirm' yourself which coincides with the time when you are probably least likely to want to do so. What a bloody waste of time the previous 14 years were. I don't have much time for the Catholic Church in terms of the logic of how it goes about its basic business - I could go on forever about that. I just don't see why you can't go through the religious process as a kid and kind of keep it there as a back up in case you need it, but it just doesn't end up like that and the church is to blame.

I think that non-religious people don't make a bad fist of imposing their views on everyone either. Until such time as its not politically correct to abuse someone else's philosophy, in the same way as we shouldn't now abuse their sexuality or race, we won't make any progress. Philosophies should be respected and discussed, not trashed by all and sundry unless they are clearly destructive.
Bombs at France game and shooting on 13:48 - Nov 16 with 2522 views2Thomas2Bowles

Hunger and World Poverty. About 21,000 people die EVERY DAY of hunger or hunger-related causes, according to the United Nations. This is one person every four seconds, . Sadly, it is children who die most often.

Far more deaths than wars or terror attacks, people are good, bad but mostly indifferent unless it affects them directly.
[Post edited 16 Nov 2015 13:49]

When willl this CV nightmare end
Poll: What will the result of the GE be

Bombs at France game and shooting on 13:52 - Nov 16 with 2496 viewsTheBlob

Bombs at France game and shooting on 12:44 - Nov 16 by Deano19766

As Konk said.

What a ridiculous question and conclusion in the first place. The only one displaying arrogance is you, and displaying it in abundance. Simply too daft to be ignorance

What are you blithering on about?

Bombs at France game and shooting on 13:58 - Nov 16 with 2460 viewsDiscodroids

Ive just been listening to Tim Farron . He seems just the sort of chap that the ISIS Generalissimo's could respect and thus negotiate with.

I implore you Tim, set a course for Raqqa and run your progressive thoughts, ideas and proposals up the multifaith fagpole, to bring forth a harmonious solution . Perhaps bake a cake as well.

".... You are the... Duke of New York... You're A-Number One!".

Bombs at France game and shooting on 14:00 - Nov 16 with 2452 viewskensalriser

I think you will find that Tim Farron is a Crusader infidel.

Poll: QPR to finish 7th or Brentford to drop out of the top 6?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024