Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
This season just might be taking a whole new turn. 16:52 - Feb 28 with 4907 viewsmorningstar

I may be wrong but I do believe that if Chelsea win tomorrow, and if Liverpool contest the FA cup final against either Man Utd or Arsenal, then 7th place will get you into europe!

Only winner of Planetswans Petulant Diva award.
Poll: Southampton home next. How many points

This season just might be taking a whole new turn. on 13:49 - Mar 2 with 972 viewsmonmouth

This season just might be taking a whole new turn. on 13:30 - Mar 2 by ScoobyWho

Chelsea won it two yrs ago ....
Thats pretty serious.

.....and they looked pretty chuffed at doing so too. personally I think it might crush us next year, so would prefer the year after, when the dosh is secured, but you can't pick and choose so if we make it I'll happily embrace it fully.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

This season just might be taking a whole new turn. on 14:14 - Mar 2 with 941 viewstrampie

This season just might be taking a whole new turn. on 20:20 - Feb 28 by jackrabbit

As far as the Europa League goes it should be a case of 'been there, done it'. And forget it. It's a mediocre competition that generates little financial gain and disrupts the schedule. For a small squad like Swansea it is much too taxing on resources. I'd prefer perennial Premier League survival and membership The Europa League is a crock of shit - save ourselves for the Champions League in a few years. Think big!

Fans live for their team qualifying for Europe even the Europa League, any Premier League team will have a chance in the competition, Fulham made the final a few years ago, Welsh international Simon Davies scored for them but Aguero, Forlan and De Gea came out on top for Ath Madrid who went onto the Champions League final last season.

Talking of the Champions League winning the Europa League now gets you into the Champions League, I doesn't have to be Premier League survival or a run in the Europa League, group stages of the Europa League could be treated as a first team squad competition, currently with the likes of Rangel, Britton, Amat, Carroll, Fulton, Grimes etc etc playing, keeps everyone involved, makes Swansea know around Europe as regards attracting future players and sponsors and the like.

If the Swans get out of the group and are safe in mid table, not going to get top 4 and not going to get relegated then they should go for it, it does not have to be an either or situation.

I would love to see the Swans back in Europe, it just needs to be managed correctly that's all.
[Post edited 2 Mar 2015 14:17]

Continually being banned by Planet Swans for Porthcawl and then being reinstated.
Poll: UK European Union membership referendum poll

This season just might be taking a whole new turn. on 14:55 - Mar 3 with 859 viewsDafyddHuw

This season just might be taking a whole new turn. on 20:20 - Feb 28 by jackrabbit

As far as the Europa League goes it should be a case of 'been there, done it'. And forget it. It's a mediocre competition that generates little financial gain and disrupts the schedule. For a small squad like Swansea it is much too taxing on resources. I'd prefer perennial Premier League survival and membership The Europa League is a crock of shit - save ourselves for the Champions League in a few years. Think big!

..."generates little financial gain".....

That's not true. We made a mint out of it {check accounts) and we went out 1st match after qualifiers.
This season just might be taking a whole new turn. on 15:24 - Mar 3 with 833 viewsGreatBritton

I would love Europa League again. Fantastic to share a pint and an honest debate with fans from other countries, as I was lucky enough to do last time. The Neopolitans weren't quite so keen on honest debate though, it has to be said.

Sundays, schmundays.

I don't think it would mean relegation would be a threat either - look at the way the squad is developing. Any team that can't fit Leon in is a good team as and our second string now looks almost as good as the sides we have fielded in cup comptetitions before
Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'GamStop' Gambling 18+
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024