Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The Official "F*ck this, I'm off" thread 09:20 - Sep 4 with 6149 viewsacejack3065

I've never posted on here as much as I would have liked to, mainly because I usually have sh*t to do but I'm fairly constantly reading the site and generally loitering in the peripheries. However I'm completely f*cking bored with the petty squabbling, the power politics and the general nobbery that makes up this board nowadays.

Swansea city is currently in the best position in terms of on the field ability and off the field capability in it's entire history and yet some of our fans are completely incapable of supporting our manager and this dumbfounds me.

Gary was asked to step in after what was truly a piss poor 9 months of football as we had been
In steady decline after the cup win. Our performances were gutless, predictable and lacklustre, even in victory sometimes. Infighting was rife in the dressing room as player discipline went out the window, reaching levels not seen since the shameful Leon Knight and Andy Robinson bust up. The working relationship between Laudrup, his agent and the board had all but broken down. Something had to give and Laurdup was sacked.

Gary kept us up during our first real survival scare, and we thumped Cardiff in the process. He did the job we asked of him, thus further cementing his status as club legend.

I can understand that people were upset to see Laudrup go and were even more upset to see the board appoint a rookie manager with no experience. We can argue whether the decision was right or wrong and that's the point of a football forum but that discussion has stopped and we have descended into abuse and pointless squabbling.

The anti monk side have lost the debate because he's got the job and he's doing well for now. Quit the sniping at every little detail and get back to supporting the Swans. There was a thread implying that we had a bad final transfer day. F*ck me sideways. The reaction after the Villarreal game was completely unwarranted also. We lost one friendly. Repeat that last sentence to yourself and consider whether monk deserved that complete Israeli style reaction when you think about what actually happened that day. I'm not surprised people are rubbing the victories in other peoples faces because after the Villarreal game you'd swear the sky was falling and it was Monks fault.

I've never known there to be such unwarranted discourse amongst the fans, not when we gave Roberto the job, not when we gave Buck the job.

I've grown weary of what this board has transformed into and I can't be the only one so until peace is declared I'm saying "f*ck this I'm off"

This post has been edited by an administrator
The Official "F*ck this, I'm off" thread on 13:26 - Sep 4 with 1477 views_

The Official "F*ck this, I'm off" thread on 13:17 - Sep 4 by Pastor_Flapps

OP. Do you have room in your getaway car please?

I was thinking exactly the same as you on the way to work this morning.

This forum used to be great but has been ruined by people who take themselves way too seriously and think that their status on a web forum is actually important.

Our supporters are pretty well regarded on the whole but any opposition fans reading the forum must conclude that we are all a bunch of pansy drama queens and it is, quite frankly, highly embarrassing!

Pastor.

Am I right in thinking your only contribution to this site was to say Michu looked like he was on the "blob" tonight?

Do you really think anyone...... ANYONE would miss this?

You're all out of time....the past was yours but the future's mine.
Poll: With what we've seen since June, Potter in, players out etc, are the Americans

The Official "F*ck this, I'm off" thread on 13:27 - Sep 4 with 1477 views_

This forum used to be great but has been ruined by people who take themselves way too seriously and think that their status on a web forum is actually important.

Our supporters are pretty well regarded on the whole but any opposition fans reading the forum must conclude that we are all a bunch of pansy drama queens and it is, quite frankly, highly embarrassing!

Also, why do you have a photo of Perchrock as your Avatar?

Poll: With what we've seen since June, Potter in, players out etc, are the Americans

The Official "F*ck this, I'm off" thread on 13:28 - Sep 4 with 1477 viewsStarsky

I think there's a couple of precious folk on this thread just emerging.
Why don't you all stop being so faux offended and just read what you want to read.
Engage your sense of humour and get stuck in.
That was a very good opening post followed by you looking for a sword to fall on.
Don't sigh... Get posting and enjoy yourself mun.
We're second in the Premier League and we've got lots of positive things to talk about.

It's just the internet, init.

The Official on 13:31 - Sep 4 with 1464 views_

The Official on 13:24 - Sep 4 by C_jack

'Old Planet Swans'

Where, on my first ever post talking about something as trivial as formations, I was told to 'shut up stupid c**t' (what happened to Championship Jack?)

Where, after getting so wound up, some have logged off, and ended up going to a posters house to challenge them to a fight.

Where, some posters received absolutely vile and horrendous abuse about their personal lives, the which of I'm glad I've not seen anything up to the level of in the year or so since the new format.

I can't believe you were truly on 'the old planet swans' if you miss it that much, because this place has really calmed down in comparison, as I'm sure others may agree.
[Post edited 4 Sep 2014 13:24]

Completely agree...

I personally have not seen any change in any of the formats this site or any other Swans site has been in.

Fack, I went on Trip Adviser forum a couple of days ago to look into ferry info around the Balearics. Four posts later there were two arguing cat and dog.

That's life.

My advice to the moaners on here - post something decent and keep debate lively and active. Have something worth saying and stop the constant bleating. It's pathetic.

The Official "F*ck this, I'm off" thread on 13:38 - Sep 4 with 1444 viewsJajess

I joined in here when miss Laudrup came.

Insults are not something that came with the Anti Monk crew. Even a mods favorit contribution to the forum when disagreeing was "C'nt".

Being danish, as myself, and posting about manager subjects has been almost impossible. You have had to consider every word or you would get abused or told about your agenda.

So dont pinpoint the bad behavior soly on the "agenda boys". The culture has been here as long as my planet swans history goes. And most days i actually find it amusing.

People who disagree with this post are f'cking c'nts.
The Official "F*ck this, I'm off" thread on 13:43 - Sep 4 with 1418 viewsicecoldjack

I love threads that are started by people having a moan at people who moan !

While it gets a bit of a pain in the ars sometimes it's worth remembering it's just a football forum and nothing else.

I loved laudrup and thought he had undeserved stick, I wasn't sure about monk as manager,like many others, but at no time would I or any other sane poster want monk or laudrup or certain players to fail!

Stuff gets heated from time to time, it's same on every other forum too.

Stay and take it all with a pinch of salt I say.
The Official "F*ck this, I'm off" thread on 13:44 - Sep 4 with 1417 viewsStarsky

The Official "F*ck this, I'm off" thread on 13:38 - Sep 4 by Jajess

Insults are not something that came with the Anti Monk crew. Even a mods favorit contribution to the forum when disagreeing was "C'nt".

Being danish, as myself, and posting about manager subjects has been almost impossible. You have had to consider every word or you would get abused or told about your agenda.

So dont pinpoint the bad behavior soly on the "agenda boys". The culture has been here as long as my planet swans history goes. And most days i actually find it amusing.

That's the spirit welcome back you fool

It's just the internet, init.

The Official on 13:55 - Sep 4 with 1395 views_

FAO the OP

One person's boredom is another's excitement.

That seems quite evident over the last few weeks it's seemed. I don't think I've seen the message board so alive with energy, passion, controversy and sheer volume of posters.

All and every one of us who are genuine Swans fan's and for me, that's 99% of this board, are more than capable of supporting our club. Ok I can't vouch for everyone and we've all got that ST holder who sits next to us who is constantly sniping at their "targets" - we've got a few on here that do that religiously as well - see Perchrock with Gower, Vasquez, Laudrup and more will follow as the season wears on, you'll see....

But that same ST holder, you know the one, the moaning b*stard is still effing there every week. Still in his same seat and no doubt still supporting the club.

We can't all have the same opinions as you see, pal. The world doesn't revolve like that. Get used to it i'd suggest?

Laudrup's departure was and still is a moot point. Nobody will ever convince me we would have gone down last season had he remained - nobody. I'm also aware that others think that would definitely have happened. Back to opinions - remember?

Monk is in charge and he has his chance and is more than taking it. He will have tougher times ahead you'd guess and h will hopefully be learning all the while. The longer he's doing it the more he will learn - that's a good thing.

The "Bad Deadline Day" comment was relating to my post yesterday - you're wrong and should read it again - if you have time, of course as you have lots of sh*t to do as you say. All i did there in that post was try to paint a picture of what deadline day felt to me. Facking you sideways wasn't on the agenda but describing a healthy summer spending was - you missed that bit I've noticed?

And the Villareal reaction is maybe also a point in my direction. The main thread after that game was mine - I deliberately stated it was an over-reaction as an over-reaction was needed after that scare.

KOL admitted that they had been working on the 442 in training.

That game was the result in the way Garry thought he could play Bafi and Bony together. That was our PLAN A when the Board realised they were not going to offload Bony.

The game was the worst seen in a long, long time - yes only a friendly but we went out there to play well and win the game in front of a decent pre-season crowd. There has also been very worrying performances sprinkled around Monk's tenure - West Brom, Palace, Soton and second half v Burnley. We are getting the rub of the green but please don't think we've reached to Heaven here and been granted a miracle. Monk will be tested time and time again and we need to be prepared for that.

Support we will always do - constructing fair criticism should be encouraged and not swept under the carpet. There's a big difference my friend.

I enjoyed your post - at least it was football related. You'll have many on here that like to talk football, myself very much included. There are some that don't and come back with humiliating taunts, there are some that just moan about absolutely anything and there are others that bite time and time again.

Welcome to the facking net mate....

Stay around if you want, hey....
[Post edited 4 Sep 2014 14:01]

Login to get fewer ads

The Official "F*ck this, I'm off" thread on 13:59 - Sep 4 with 1387 views_

The Official "F*ck this, I'm off" thread on 13:38 - Sep 4 by Jajess

Hahha brilliant post!!

See, Darran wanted to drive away characters like this from our shores.

That is just criminal.

The message board will be all the richer with the diversity of cultures contributing. Foreigners have a different way of thinking sometimes to us and certainly a different way of posting. I love that new angle or perspective.

Viva la Denmark or whatever that might be in your lingo.

Jag alskar dig ;-)

The Official "F*ck this, I'm off" thread on 14:48 - Sep 4 with 1284 viewsPrivate_Partz

The Official "F*ck this, I'm off" thread on 13:59 - Sep 4 by _

Hahha brilliant post!!

See, Darran wanted to drive away characters like this from our shores.

That is just criminal.

The message board will be all the richer with the diversity of cultures contributing. Foreigners have a different way of thinking sometimes to us and certainly a different way of posting. I love that new angle or perspective.

Viva la Denmark or whatever that might be in your lingo.

Jag alskar dig ;-)

I don't agree with the OP he is calling for peace then nailing his colours to the mast and having a go at those that have shown some support for ML
Generally the sniping has not come from the so called Laudrup camp but there are exceptions. In fairness to Spratty etc they only respond when a poster comes on and has a stab at ML. I have certainly done that in the past.
I think there is a genuine feeling that we need to move on but some can't resist point scoring and harking back to the ML days. As the OP has done in parts here.
It is all well and good however. If anyone wants to continue knocking MLs reign then they will get a response from those that disagree. Similarly if someone perceives something is going wrong then a thread is raised for discussion.
This is fine also . If everyone adopted the attitude that you don't converse or respond to name calling and abusiveness then this will go away. What is the point of them carrying on if they have no one to react to their abuse?
In short no one needs to change their stance, nobody needs to leave and the ignore button is unnecessary. It is free world on PS I hope. When disagreements occur then let's just debate it politely as everyone's view is of value. :-)

You have mission in life to hold out your hand, To help the other guy out, Help your fellow man. Stan Ridgway

The Official "F*ck this, I'm off" thread on 14:52 - Sep 4 with 1271 viewskopperburgjack

Can't blame you mate some of the pathetic sarcy childish comments is unbelievable. Laughing stock and embarrasing

Win, draw or lose.. Jacks are on the booze

The Official "F*ck this, I'm off" thread on 14:55 - Sep 4 with 1261 views_

The Official "F*ck this, I'm off" thread on 14:48 - Sep 4 by Private_Partz

I don't agree with the OP he is calling for peace then nailing his colours to the mast and having a go at those that have shown some support for ML
Generally the sniping has not come from the so called Laudrup camp but there are exceptions. In fairness to Spratty etc they only respond when a poster comes on and has a stab at ML. I have certainly done that in the past.
I think there is a genuine feeling that we need to move on but some can't resist point scoring and harking back to the ML days. As the OP has done in parts here.
It is all well and good however. If anyone wants to continue knocking MLs reign then they will get a response from those that disagree. Similarly if someone perceives something is going wrong then a thread is raised for discussion.
This is fine also . If everyone adopted the attitude that you don't converse or respond to name calling and abusiveness then this will go away. What is the point of them carrying on if they have no one to react to their abuse?
In short no one needs to change their stance, nobody needs to leave and the ignore button is unnecessary. It is free world on PS I hope. When disagreements occur then let's just debate it politely as everyone's view is of value. :-)

Totally agree.

The Official "F*ck this, I'm off" thread on 15:26 - Sep 4 with 1208 viewsjacksfullaces

anyone who spends all day on this board needs to get a life, anyone who takes it so seriously they have to announce their departure ditto.

this a great forum to get a bit of info, dip in, dip out, avoid the nonsense threads, stop taking things so seriously. there are no stars or celebrities here, just a few swans supporters.

sadly, by posting this I'm probably contradicting myself. who knows? will dip back in when something interesting happens.
The Official "F*ck this, I'm off" thread on 15:34 - Sep 4 with 1194 viewsGlyn1

There is no "anti Garry Monk faction" and there never has been. You can believe that if you want, but stop going on and on and on about it. Ta.

Poll: Who should be our next manager? Please name them.

The Official "F*ck this, I'm off" thread on 15:36 - Sep 4 with 1187 viewsPrivate_Partz

The Official "F*ck this, I'm off" thread on 15:26 - Sep 4 by jacksfullaces

anyone who spends all day on this board needs to get a life, anyone who takes it so seriously they have to announce their departure ditto.

this a great forum to get a bit of info, dip in, dip out, avoid the nonsense threads, stop taking things so seriously. there are no stars or celebrities here, just a few swans supporters.

sadly, by posting this I'm probably contradicting myself. who knows? will dip back in when something interesting happens.

Fair point Jackfull. It is a bit of banter and fun after all. The vast majority on here are Jacks through and through so there is no need for us to turn on our own kind.

You have mission in life to hold out your hand, To help the other guy out, Help your fellow man. Stan Ridgway

The Official "F*ck this, I'm off" threads on 15:53 - Sep 4 with 1144 viewsdobjack2

Nothing wrong with posters having different views or disagreeing. In my view the problem starts when a poster with a differing view gets called a c*nt or w@nker for holding their view. I am happy to hear others opinions. Sometimes I will change my view based on them other times I won't. Abuse and a lack of respect for other posters has been an issue on here.
The Official on 16:06 - Sep 4 with 1109 viewsScoobyDoo

Happens on all boards especially ours, people have their own agendas and if someone disagrees all hell breaks loose (similar to that mega thread of Dazza's), no time for it myself, been called all sorts of things on here but a simple sarcastic comment back does the trick for me or one coming back to me for that matter, not worth getting worked up about.
[Post edited 4 Sep 2014 16:10]
The Official on 16:21 - Sep 4 with 1067 viewsBaker

The Official on 16:06 - Sep 4 by ScoobyDoo

Happens on all boards especially ours, people have their own agendas and if someone disagrees all hell breaks loose (similar to that mega thread of Dazza's), no time for it myself, been called all sorts of things on here but a simple sarcastic comment back does the trick for me or one coming back to me for that matter, not worth getting worked up about.
[Post edited 4 Sep 2014 16:10]

Aye, to be fair though, when it comes to abuse, you lot have had an unfair advantage.

Being from Cardiff, you've probably been abused since you were old enough to stand up.

May I say? what a smashing blouse you have on!

The Official on 16:29 - Sep 4 with 1046 viewsScoobyDoo

The Official on 16:21 - Sep 4 by Baker

Aye, to be fair though, when it comes to abuse, you lot have had an unfair advantage.

Being from Cardiff, you've probably been abused since you were old enough to stand up.

Good job i ain't the sensitive type like a few poor souls on here sweetcheeks or i might have to go running to Phil, i just put it down to the intelligence of the person (or thing) that's replied to me. Look up intelligence son as i don't think you have got passed four letter words yet.
The Official on 16:29 - Sep 4 with 1046 viewsswanny

The Official on 16:21 - Sep 4 by Baker

I was going to mention that, but he spends such a lot of time on here I was unsure whether he was a *diff fan or whether I was muddling him up with scooby who...

lokks like I picked the wrong time to up my meds.

'Sorry, your password must contain a capital letter, two numbers, a symbol, an inspiring message, a spell, a gang sign, a hieroglyph and the blood of a virgin"

The Official on 16:33 - Sep 4 with 1037 viewsScoobyDoo

The Official on 16:29 - Sep 4 by swanny

I was going to mention that, but he spends such a lot of time on here I was unsure whether he was a *diff fan or whether I was muddling him up with scooby who...

lokks like I picked the wrong time to up my meds.

Now you have offended me, getting me mixed up with that loony . Anyway haven't been here for awhile as you lot want to have a spat amongst yourselves, some of it was entertaining though.
The Official "F*ck this, I'm off" thread on 16:55 - Sep 4 with 994 viewsquiff

Shame to lose the OP has he's a good poster.

It has to be said though, people leaving isn't new. Planetswans has lost some brilliant posters over the years, difference is they just used to stop posting rather than posting up attention grabbing threads in a huff...

Poll: Is now the time for a Coordinated Fan protest?

The Official "F*ck this, I'm off" thread on 17:02 - Sep 4 with 981 viewsblaine_scfc

The Official "F*ck this, I'm off" thread on 16:55 - Sep 4 by quiff

Shame to lose the OP has he's a good poster.

It has to be said though, people leaving isn't new. Planetswans has lost some brilliant posters over the years, difference is they just used to stop posting rather than posting up attention grabbing threads in a huff...

Internet resignations are brilliant

What's the damage then? I have been working all day so haven't had chance to have a good luck. Any more retirements?
The Official "F*ck this, I'm off" thread on 18:03 - Sep 4 with 931 viewsBrynmill_Jack

To be honest Garry proved himself at the back end of last season and has done brilliantly at the start of this one. I don't detect too much dissatisfaction (apart from the Villareal meltdown). So What's really getting your goat Ace? You're to good a poster to leave so don't !

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

The Official "F*ck this, I'm off" thread on 18:20 - Sep 4 with 903 viewsBrynmill_Jack

You only have to look at the "let's all laugh at the agenda boys " thread to sum up the problem here. 3 posters (one a mod) all slagging off people who questioned Monk's appointment (last season - and it was certainly more than 3 posters!) and the performance vs Villareal, which to be frank was a bit sh*t.

Best of all those posters were insinuating that the people who held those opinions weren't proper supporters just because they held different opinions. So what would you prefer Ace, a sanitized board with posters inanely agreeing that everything is hunky dory and not to question the club over anything or the watchful approach of people who do actually care? I had you down as one of the latterTBH. Democracy, not dictatorship!

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024