Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Raheem Sterling 06:06 - Jan 3 with 7742 viewsjoswan17

Was linked with us in November, and now the Mirror says that ML is in discussions to agree a loan deal for him. Rodgers has said all along he wants to loan him out if he gets an experienced winger in during January - with them looking ever likelier to sign Mohammed Salah this month, this deal looks like it could well happen. We urgently need a winger and he's one of the only three I can see coming.

Zaha is another, but he may favour returning to Crystal Palace, and Tom Ince who appears to be available, but might favour going somewhere else..

What do we make of Sterling? Good enough as cover until our new manager (presuming Laudrup leaves in January) can sign someone on a permanent basis in the close season.

I'd be happy to have him and another striker to fill us through to Summer. As nice a lad as Vazquez is, he couldn't hit a barn door from a foot away.

There once was an ugly duckling...

Raheem Sterling on 06:51 - Jan 3 with 6672 viewsblaine_scfc

Can't see Liverpool letting him go, he has looked back to his best recently.

Wasn't we linked to Jefferson Montero in the summer? He would be my preferred choice. Wasn't at the game, but alot has said that he tore us a new one in the friendly a few seasons back.
Raheem Sterling on 08:44 - Jan 3 with 6523 viewsDarran

Raheem Sterling on 06:51 - Jan 3 by blaine_scfc

Can't see Liverpool letting him go, he has looked back to his best recently.

Wasn't we linked to Jefferson Montero in the summer? He would be my preferred choice. Wasn't at the game, but alot has said that he tore us a new one in the friendly a few seasons back.

Well I agree,I'm struggling to understand why Liverpool would be prepared to let a player playing superbly in their first team go out on loan?

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Raheem Sterling on 08:46 - Jan 3 with 6516 viewsbuilthjack

Agree, there's no way he will go out on loan

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

Raheem Sterling on 09:15 - Jan 3 with 6444 viewsJackSomething

Raheem Sterling on 08:44 - Jan 3 by Darran

Well I agree,I'm struggling to understand why Liverpool would be prepared to let a player playing superbly in their first team go out on loan?

Indeed. I also think Sterling would be a little more than 'Good enough as cover' as the OP suggests.

More chance of this than us signing Mata, but that's not saying much.

You know, Hobbes, some days even my lucky rocket ship underpants don't help.

Raheem Sterling on 09:19 - Jan 3 with 6406 viewsRancid

He'd be a great signing for us.A winger with pace to burn and who can get to the byline and cross a ball.I bet Wilf's reading this morning's paper with a half a trout on.
Raheem Sterling on 09:21 - Jan 3 with 6398 viewsDr_Winston

Raheem Sterling on 09:19 - Jan 3 by Rancid

He'd be a great signing for us.A winger with pace to burn and who can get to the byline and cross a ball.I bet Wilf's reading this morning's paper with a half a trout on.

Depends if a winger who can get to the byline is what Laudrup's after.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Raheem Sterling on 09:27 - Jan 3 with 6369 viewsRancid

Raheem Sterling on 09:21 - Jan 3 by Dr_Winston

Aye.Although against Citeh there did seem to be a concerted effort to try this for once.
Raheem Sterling on 09:28 - Jan 3 with 6369 viewsJackSomething

Raheem Sterling on 09:21 - Jan 3 by Dr_Winston

Which is why I was always dubious about the reports linking us with Zaha.

An Aspas/Ince style player seems far more likely. Someone who'll cut infield and can be played in more than one position.

You know, Hobbes, some days even my lucky rocket ship underpants don't help.

Login to get fewer ads

Raheem Sterling on 09:38 - Jan 3 with 6325 viewswelshman79

Zaha will be going to Cardiff on loan
Raheem Sterling on 09:42 - Jan 3 with 6308 viewsDJack

Raheem Sterling on 09:38 - Jan 3 by welshman79

That's a poor fishing trip you've embarked on.

It is far better to grasp the universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring. - Carl Sagan

Raheem Sterling on 10:03 - Jan 3 with 6228 viewsQuakerJack

I actually think they will look to loan him. Yes he's played well very recently but I think Liverpool will want someone even better and think that loaning him to us will improve him. I think this is far more likely than Ince.

I think against sides like Hull and West Ham who deliberately tried to stifle is, the one thing we'll need is a winger who can get to the bye line. Teams just sit players along the 18 yard area and close ranks and we play right into their hands by playing neat intricate passes trying to open them up. What we need is someone who will have defenders running back towards and facing their own goal.

Poll: Some scummer on the anus board reckons 80% of us want them to go down. so... do

Raheem Sterling on 10:50 - Jan 3 with 6056 viewsJokeren1943

Raheem Sterling on 10:03 - Jan 3 by QuakerJack

I actually think they will look to loan him. Yes he's played well very recently but I think Liverpool will want someone even better and think that loaning him to us will improve him. I think this is far more likely than Ince.

I think against sides like Hull and West Ham who deliberately tried to stifle is, the one thing we'll need is a winger who can get to the bye line. Teams just sit players along the 18 yard area and close ranks and we play right into their hands by playing neat intricate passes trying to open them up. What we need is someone who will have defenders running back towards and facing their own goal.

But can they get anything better in januar. Better to wait until sommer.
Raheem Sterling on 10:56 - Jan 3 with 6027 viewsQuakerJack

Raheem Sterling on 10:50 - Jan 3 by Jokeren1943

But can they get anything better in januar. Better to wait until sommer.

I think they're in for someone.

Poll: Some scummer on the anus board reckons 80% of us want them to go down. so... do

Raheem Sterling on 12:25 - Jan 3 with 5807 viewsDevz00

Can't see Sterling being allowed to leave in January, seeing as he starts most games.
Edit - it would be like us signing Tom Ince and letting Routledge go on loan. This Salah has no Prem experience and Sterling does. Why would Liverpool let him leave?
[Post edited 3 Jan 2014 12:28]

Genetically, paedophiles have more genes in common with crabs than they do with you and me. Now that is scientific fact. There's no real evidence for it, but it is scientific fact.

Raheem Sterling on 12:56 - Jan 3 with 5674 viewsOldjack

Sterling rumours are a non starter

Prosser the Tosser dwells on Phil's bum hole like a rusty old hemorrhoid ,fact You Greedy Bastards Get Out Of OUR Club!

Raheem Sterling on 13:00 - Jan 3 with 5657 viewsItchySphincter

He's coming then. Lock up your daughters.

Saw him play against the reserves a couple of years ago, didn't stand out then. Good player, Nathan MKII.

‘……. like a moth to Itchy’s flame ……’
Poll: Planet Swans or Planet Swans? Which one's you favourite.

Raheem Sterling on 13:08 - Jan 3 with 5618 viewsJACKARSE

Daily Mirror

EXCLUSIVE: Swansea make move for £4m Ince but rule out swoop for Sterling

Swansea chairman Huw Jenkins has made an approach to Blackpool about signing Tom Ince — but no move is planned for Liverpool’s Raheem Sterling.

Swansea were reportedly keen to sign Sterling, but Jenkins insisted he has made no enquiries for the 19-year-old and added that he was not currently a target.

He told Sportsmail: ‘It’s not correct that we are trying to sign Raheem Sterling.’
Raheem Sterling on 13:23 - Jan 3 with 5554 viewsJokeren1943

Raheem Sterling on 10:56 - Jan 3 by QuakerJack

I think they're in for someone.

Think you are right. The Liverpool manager talks alot about his squad being to small.

Sending Sterling on loan right now do not make any sense, if he do not have a prober replacement.

By the way, like how liverpool love to send quality players to Swansea. Sterling would fit our style perfectly.
Raheem Sterling on 15:45 - Jan 3 with 5360 views_williams_

Raheem Sterling on 09:38 - Jan 3 by welshman79

I must admit this crossed my mind with the appointment of OGS, obviously very strong links with United
Raheem Sterling on 18:07 - Jan 3 with 5207 viewsLiberty

5 live radio tonight, said Sterling may be coming to us on loan. They don't usually report stuff if totally wide of the mark. Fingers crossed.

Poll: League 2 Mod , Darr, but we are now in Prem - time for a change ?

Raheem Sterling on 19:13 - Jan 3 with 5131 viewsPacemaker

He has just played quite a few games for Liverpool and scored as well. Just can't see it happening in view of his current form.

Life is an adventure or nothing at all.

Raheem Sterling on 19:21 - Jan 3 with 5112 viewsCatullus

If we can get Ince for a decent price then I think that's our winger. Liverpool are thin on numbers too, don't see Sterling going anywhere.
But when Dyer is fit, one new winger will do. Hernandez may find himself on the bench a lot, when he's fit!!

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

Raheem Sterling on 20:07 - Jan 3 with 5060 viewsjack_lord

Radio said earlier today that Colin Pascoe laughed when it was suggested that Sterling would come to Swansea.

Colin Pascoe, I think you should look around at where your future lies when Brendan dumps you.

Lord_Jack increasingly detached from the riches of kicking a ball
Poll: The E U : Stay or Leave

Raheem Sterling on 21:08 - Jan 3 with 4986 viewsNeiltheTaylor

The Graun seem to have nicknamed us "Swansea-City-In-Freefall". ouch

http://www.theguardian.com/football/2014/jan/03/football-transfer-rumours

Joe_bradshaw -I thought the cryochamber was the new name for Cardiff's stadium.

Raheem Sterling on 21:13 - Jan 3 with 4956 viewsJokeren1943

Raheem Sterling on 21:08 - Jan 3 by NeiltheTaylor

The Graun seem to have nicknamed us "Swansea-City-In-Freefall". ouch

http://www.theguardian.com/football/2014/jan/03/football-transfer-rumours

Sterling is that kind of player, if he play regulary in Swansea for 3 years we can sell him for 3 times what we paid for him.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024