Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Welsh Government Scandalous waste of money. 16:49 - Oct 2 with 1583 viewsFlashberryjack

https://l.facebook.com/l.php?u=https%3A%2F%2Forder-order.com%2F2024%2F10%2F02%2F

Hello
Poll: Should the Senedd be Abolished

Welsh Government Scandalous waste of money. on 17:41 - Oct 2 with 1542 viewsWingstandwood

https://order-order.com/2024/10/02/welsh-government-spaffs-cash-on-los-angeles-m

What news hey, and coming out at the very same time as Port Talbot steelworks job losses and Llanelli MIU closing nightime services! And Llanelli no longer has an A+E.

Watch out Morriston A+E waiting times, here comes the blowback and serious repercussions of!

Thankfully I never voted for devolution, and thus feel a little less tormented with no guilty conscience by refusing to vote for an utterly ruinous, sabotaging money wasting obscenity!!!!

Argus!

Welsh Government Scandalous waste of money. on 18:09 - Oct 2 with 1509 viewsLuther27

Why doesn’t this surprise me. As soon as they get a sniff of power the trough appears to get their snouts in, not just the Senedd as Kier is currently proving.

Blog: Grenfell Tower

Welsh Government Scandalous waste of money. on 18:27 - Oct 2 with 1491 viewsJACKMANANDBOY

We all know spending £24,000 at a Manhattan Restaurant is the way forward for Wales.

Besian Idrizaj Forever a Jack
Poll: When will Duff Revert to 4 at the Back

Welsh Government Scandalous waste of money. on 18:36 - Oct 2 with 1468 viewsunion_jack

Welsh Government Scandalous waste of money. on 18:27 - Oct 2 by JACKMANANDBOY

We all know spending £24,000 at a Manhattan Restaurant is the way forward for Wales.

Did that include the tip??😳

Are Sperm Whales the reason the sea is so salty?
Poll: Bony - Would You Want Him Back?

Welsh Government Scandalous waste of money. on 20:15 - Oct 2 with 1362 viewsSullutaCreturned

Meanwhile Swansea Bay UHB won't be recruiting admin staff (even though their short staffed) because of a cash shortage.

They'll justify this spending somehow, probably the same tired "advertising Wales" excuse.
Welsh Government Scandalous waste of money. on 20:44 - Oct 2 with 1338 viewsAnotherJohn

Diversity travel? That five grand spent at Soho House private members club must have gone on trans lap dancers.
Welsh Government Scandalous waste of money. on 22:48 - Oct 2 with 1237 viewsmajorraglan

Welsh Government Scandalous waste of money. on 17:41 - Oct 2 by Wingstandwood

https://order-order.com/2024/10/02/welsh-government-spaffs-cash-on-los-angeles-m

What news hey, and coming out at the very same time as Port Talbot steelworks job losses and Llanelli MIU closing nightime services! And Llanelli no longer has an A+E.

Watch out Morriston A+E waiting times, here comes the blowback and serious repercussions of!

Thankfully I never voted for devolution, and thus feel a little less tormented with no guilty conscience by refusing to vote for an utterly ruinous, sabotaging money wasting obscenity!!!!

The Welsh NHS has to save a lot of money over the next few months and the Health Boards are attempting to pull back expenditure, I suspect that the lack of doctor cover is probably linked to reducing agency expenditure because agency staff are seriously expensive.

The MIU is closing, but the closure will not effect the Acute Medical Assessment Unit and very unwell medical patients will still be taken to Prince Philip Hospital, 24-hours a day, for assessment and treatment as they are now. Maintaining an A&E in Llanelli and WWGH is in todays world going to be very difficult because of the costs involved and the shortage of suitably qualified staff, I’m sure people in Llanelli will disagree but I believe Glangwili is the logical choice for the location of A&E because it caters for a much bigger area where there are pockets of population, Lampeter, Llandovery, Llandysul, Cardigan, Whitland, Carmarthen, Kidwelly, NCE, Tenby, St Clears and a raft of other places, Llanelli is very populated, but it’s very close to Morriston in the event of an emergency.

That said, how on earth the WG can justify increasing the number of AM’s when we’re making serious cuts to the NHS beggars belief as does the waste of money on the 20mph limit in most places.
Welsh Government Scandalous waste of money. on 00:08 - Oct 3 with 1220 viewsRobbie

Welsh Government Scandalous waste of money. on 17:41 - Oct 2 by Wingstandwood

Yep , never wanted or voted for a WAG back then , another obvious white elephant .

Had a Westminster MP , a EU member Politician and another nobody in Cardiff supposedly looking after my interests.

Three gravy train freeloaders getting as much as they can and claiming it is all legit .

Did I ever see anyone of them locally or doing debating sessions in my area , forget it .
Login to get fewer ads

Welsh Government Scandalous waste of money. on 13:31 - Oct 3 with 1093 viewsBoundy

Welsh Government Scandalous waste of money. on 22:48 - Oct 2 by majorraglan

The Welsh NHS has to save a lot of money over the next few months and the Health Boards are attempting to pull back expenditure, I suspect that the lack of doctor cover is probably linked to reducing agency expenditure because agency staff are seriously expensive.

The MIU is closing, but the closure will not effect the Acute Medical Assessment Unit and very unwell medical patients will still be taken to Prince Philip Hospital, 24-hours a day, for assessment and treatment as they are now. Maintaining an A&E in Llanelli and WWGH is in todays world going to be very difficult because of the costs involved and the shortage of suitably qualified staff, I’m sure people in Llanelli will disagree but I believe Glangwili is the logical choice for the location of A&E because it caters for a much bigger area where there are pockets of population, Lampeter, Llandovery, Llandysul, Cardigan, Whitland, Carmarthen, Kidwelly, NCE, Tenby, St Clears and a raft of other places, Llanelli is very populated, but it’s very close to Morriston in the event of an emergency.

That said, how on earth the WG can justify increasing the number of AM’s when we’re making serious cuts to the NHS beggars belief as does the waste of money on the 20mph limit in most places.

NHS waiting times in Wales are nine times worse than in England, with the backlog of patients waiting more than a year for treatment hitting crisis levels, recently figures have indicated. So there's only one way those figure ae re going to go and it ain't down .
18 hours in Morriston seems to be acceptable ?

"In a free society, the State is the servant of the people—not the master."

Welsh Government Scandalous waste of money. on 22:21 - Oct 3 with 1015 viewsKilkennyjack

the £30bn cost of Liz Truss’s disastrous mini-budget…?

Know your enemy.

Beware of the Risen People

Welsh Government Scandalous waste of money. on 23:14 - Oct 3 with 993 viewsmajorraglan

Welsh Government Scandalous waste of money. on 13:31 - Oct 3 by Boundy

NHS waiting times in Wales are nine times worse than in England, with the backlog of patients waiting more than a year for treatment hitting crisis levels, recently figures have indicated. So there's only one way those figure ae re going to go and it ain't down .
18 hours in Morriston seems to be acceptable ?

18 hours is absolutely unacceptable, but the problems are deep rooted and there are a multitude of causes and it’s going to take time to address it. I’ve several family members working in clinical settings including A&E - it’s relentless for the staff there.
Welsh Government Scandalous waste of money. on 19:14 - Oct 4 with 897 viewsSullutaCreturned

Welsh Government Scandalous waste of money. on 22:21 - Oct 3 by Kilkennyjack

the £30bn cost of Liz Truss’s disastrous mini-budget…?

Know your enemy.

Maybe try something relevant. Besides the Truss budget being a thing of the past, who is responsible for majority of the budget spend in Wales?

We know Westminster has been rubbish but spouting more whataboutery when we have a new government in Westminster but the same useless rabble in the Senedd, can you not see how daft that is?

Pointless question really because you have never understood.
Welsh Government Scandalous waste of money. on 19:25 - Oct 4 with 890 viewsScotia

This doesn't appear to be acceptable at all but I'd like to see full justification of the spend before making comment. At the moment it looks like click bait.

It's not a massive amount of money in the grand scheme of things, and I bet some local authorities have "wasted" more.
Welsh Government Scandalous waste of money. on 19:47 - Oct 4 with 869 viewsSullutaCreturned

Welsh Government Scandalous waste of money. on 19:25 - Oct 4 by Scotia

This doesn't appear to be acceptable at all but I'd like to see full justification of the spend before making comment. At the moment it looks like click bait.

It's not a massive amount of money in the grand scheme of things, and I bet some local authorities have "wasted" more.

Maybe so but I believe that when you're in a hole you need to stop digging. Financially speaking Wales is in a hole yet our politicians don't just keep digging, they went and bought more spades.

Also, just because local authorities waste does it mean we should accept it? NO, we should be railing against all the waste and badly spent money when so many services are being cut.
Welsh Government Scandalous waste of money. on 21:32 - Oct 4 with 849 viewsScotia

Welsh Government Scandalous waste of money. on 19:47 - Oct 4 by SullutaCreturned

Maybe so but I believe that when you're in a hole you need to stop digging. Financially speaking Wales is in a hole yet our politicians don't just keep digging, they went and bought more spades.

Also, just because local authorities waste does it mean we should accept it? NO, we should be railing against all the waste and badly spent money when so many services are being cut.

I agree. But it would be interesting to compare this across the entire public sector over a decade or so rather than look at a right wing website snapshot.

For instance, I used to organise meetings on a government procurement card in pub's/restaurants across Wales. It cost about £15 a head for lunch but the meeting room was free, probably a total of £180

Hiring a venue for a meeting would have been £250, but as far guido Fawkes and registered receipts are concerned concerned I've spent £180 on lunch.

It's click bait, but there is unnecessary waste I wouldn't argue with that.
Welsh Government Scandalous waste of money. on 21:44 - Oct 4 with 844 viewsSullutaCreturned

Welsh Government Scandalous waste of money. on 21:32 - Oct 4 by Scotia

I agree. But it would be interesting to compare this across the entire public sector over a decade or so rather than look at a right wing website snapshot.

For instance, I used to organise meetings on a government procurement card in pub's/restaurants across Wales. It cost about £15 a head for lunch but the meeting room was free, probably a total of £180

Hiring a venue for a meeting would have been £250, but as far guido Fawkes and registered receipts are concerned concerned I've spent £180 on lunch.

It's click bait, but there is unnecessary waste I wouldn't argue with that.

What you've said there is a tad different to 24k in a Manhattan restaurant.
Welsh Government Scandalous waste of money. on 22:37 - Oct 4 with 830 viewsmajorraglan

Welsh Government Scandalous waste of money. on 21:44 - Oct 4 by SullutaCreturned

It would be nice to know what the circumstances of the spend were. If it’s resulted in investment in Wales or a tangible benefit, improvement to the economy etc it may be justifiable, but if it hasn’t then there’s no justification.
Welsh Government Scandalous waste of money. on 06:40 - Oct 5 with 781 viewsSullutaCreturned

Welsh Government Scandalous waste of money. on 22:37 - Oct 4 by majorraglan

It would be nice to know what the circumstances of the spend were. If it’s resulted in investment in Wales or a tangible benefit, improvement to the economy etc it may be justifiable, but if it hasn’t then there’s no justification.

What I've noticed is, even when there is investment it comes at a cost. Remember the LG factory in Newport,

news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/wales/3049793.stm

30k per job and 7 years later it was shut. How much has the government thrown at the steelworks over the years and all the profit leaves the country, grants don't get paid back, taxes are minimised by any means and then the public purse is left to pick up the pieces.
Welsh Government Scandalous waste of money. on 07:51 - Oct 5 with 754 viewsJoesus_Of_Narbereth

Welsh Government Scandalous waste of money. on 21:44 - Oct 4 by SullutaCreturned

Perhaps they happened to be there the same time as Our Ange and her boyfriend?

Poll: We all dream of a managerial team of Alan Tates?

Welsh Government Scandalous waste of money. on 07:59 - Oct 5 with 748 viewsScotia

Welsh Government Scandalous waste of money. on 06:40 - Oct 5 by SullutaCreturned

What I've noticed is, even when there is investment it comes at a cost. Remember the LG factory in Newport,

news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/wales/3049793.stm

30k per job and 7 years later it was shut. How much has the government thrown at the steelworks over the years and all the profit leaves the country, grants don't get paid back, taxes are minimised by any means and then the public purse is left to pick up the pieces.

They're dammed if they do and dammed if they don't regarding grants and investment.

Tata in Port Talbot has been a dead duck for years, probably since privatisation, but Stephen Kinnock and others would happily see more cash thrown at it because that's what people want them to do and say.
Welsh Government Scandalous waste of money. on 09:08 - Oct 5 with 722 viewsAnotherJohn

Welsh Government Scandalous waste of money. on 07:59 - Oct 5 by Scotia

They're dammed if they do and dammed if they don't regarding grants and investment.

Tata in Port Talbot has been a dead duck for years, probably since privatisation, but Stephen Kinnock and others would happily see more cash thrown at it because that's what people want them to do and say.

Surely though at some point we need to judge performance according to outcomes, which looking at present circumstances in Wales are not good. It seems reasonable to think that there has to be accountability at some point, but too many keep voting for that donkey with the red rosette.
Welsh Government Scandalous waste of money. on 09:20 - Oct 5 with 717 viewsScotia

Welsh Government Scandalous waste of money. on 09:08 - Oct 5 by AnotherJohn

Surely though at some point we need to judge performance according to outcomes, which looking at present circumstances in Wales are not good. It seems reasonable to think that there has to be accountability at some point, but too many keep voting for that donkey with the red rosette.

But nobody in the Aberavon constituency would vote for anyone who said they'd withdraw investment from Tata. No matter what political party they were from.

There does need to be accountability but the electorate don't realise the power they have at the ballot box, most don't use it.
Welsh Government Scandalous waste of money. on 21:23 - Oct 5 with 544 viewsSullutaCreturned

Welsh Government Scandalous waste of money. on 07:59 - Oct 5 by Scotia

Well no, when they give grants they should be getting some cast iron guarantees which include that if they don't live up to their promises or the economy shifts and they can't, they have to oay grants back.

The way the system works the tax payer simplynthrows money at billionaire corporations.

Then there's privatisation, I suspect you are right so why do governments not nationalise these things again, run them along private business lines and (in the case of utilities) take the guaranteed profits for the exchequer?

We have simply stood by and accepted the corrupt system that takes our money and gives it to the rich and powerful.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024