Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Jimmy Dunne 06:46 - Jul 18 with 3154 viewsdmm

I'm wondering about Dunne's place in the team this coming season. With the signings of Morrison and Santos he has more competition at both CB and RB. That, coupled with Cifuentes style of play not really suiting Dunne's skill set, will he now be mainly played off the bench?

Jimmy was a bit of a hero last season. Will he have the same opportunity this season?
Jimmy Dunne on 07:15 - Jul 18 with 3071 viewskingsburyR

The Irish Cafu can play anywhere.

Won't be surprised if he plays the No.10 role this season!

Dont know why we bother. .... but we do!

Jimmy Dunne on 07:27 - Jul 18 with 3022 viewsPlanetHonneywood

Jimmy Dunne on 07:15 - Jul 18 by kingsburyR

The Irish Cafu can play anywhere.

Won't be surprised if he plays the No.10 role this season!

I can even see him pitching in with Chair's community service. He's just that type of guy!

'Always In Motion' by John Honney available on amazon.co.uk
Poll: Who should do the Birmingham Frederick?

Jimmy Dunne on 07:50 - Jul 18 with 2954 viewsnix

Remember how knackered Paal looked towards the end of the season? You need to be able to ring the changes, particularly at wing back or they get burnt out.

Also Marti is a horses for courses kind of manager. I think he'll freshen things up and put Jimmy in for particular matches where we need more height etc.
Jimmy Dunne on 07:52 - Jul 18 with 2942 viewsRBlock

Probably would have said the same thing last year, with Cook and JCS being our preferred partnership and Cannon at RB. It's a long season though and I've no doubt Jimmy will fight his way back into the XI at some point.
Jimmy Dunne on 07:53 - Jul 18 with 2929 viewshubble

I've seen the future: he's going to be unveiled as our new centre forward.

Poll: Who is your player of the season?

Jimmy Dunne on 07:55 - Jul 18 with 2933 viewsHAYESBOY

Santos has been brought in to play right wing.

Smells like a trout farm in here

Jimmy Dunne on 08:06 - Jul 18 with 2881 viewsBlue_Castello

I'm hoping Jimmy plays a lot of games he brings a lot of qualities to the team, his move to right back was incredibly successful and there's no reason he can't start the season in the same position.

He adapted really well to the position which can't be said for all centre backs, it gave us another player who is dominant in the air at set pieces taking a bit of pressure off Cook and JCS. He provided an out ball for Begovic which was needed but having moved Begovic on that's still a good option to have if Nardi or Walsh are struggling for options when teams make the high press.

His strength in posession is important, too many full backs get shoved off the ball far too easily, the more he played in the position the more confident he got with pushing forward which these days is important.

Just like Dan Burn at Newcastle it is possible to convert to full back, versatility is important to have in any squad, I'm pleased to watch his interviews and see his enthusiasm after so many of our players just wanting to jump ship at the first opportunity.

No I'm not Jimmy Dunne in disguise....
[Post edited 18 Jul 8:09]
Jimmy Dunne on 08:12 - Jul 18 with 2830 viewsstevec

Warburtons tenure came unstuck the moment he thought he could shift Jimmy to LB. It all went downhill from there.

I don’t think Martí will make the same mistake. Jimmy plays right back and we build the team around that. End of.
Login to get fewer ads

Jimmy Dunne on 09:20 - Jul 18 with 2718 viewsRangersw12

If he doesn't want to sign an extension to his contract then we need to be selling him
Jimmy Dunne on 09:22 - Jul 18 with 2710 viewseastside_r

Play him up front.
Jimmy Dunne on 09:27 - Jul 18 with 2680 views222gers

Ya dinnae drop a man like Jimmy Dunne ( Bill Shankly ).
Jimmy Dunne on 10:18 - Jul 18 with 2564 viewsAntti_Heinola

There's always a lot of worrying before a season starts about where everyone will fit in. The truth is, it's a squad game. Jimmy started last season injured I think, came into the team, fell out of the team, and came back in again arguably stronger than ever. It's up to Jimmy to make himself fit, available and the best option in one of his positions. I've little doubt he will play a great number of games this season and important member of the squad.

Bare bones.

Jimmy Dunne on 07:00 - Jul 19 with 2095 viewsPlanetHonneywood

Thing about JD at RB, it does allow you to slip effortlessly between a back 3, 4, or 5. However, if he won't sign, then as said above: sell now.

'Always In Motion' by John Honney available on amazon.co.uk
Poll: Who should do the Birmingham Frederick?

Jimmy Dunne on 09:54 - Jul 19 with 1845 viewsbosh67

I think he can still play RB when needed but I really see him playing a more advanced Declan Rice style position. He's very comfortable on the ball and he's good going forward, as well as breaking up play.

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

Jimmy Dunne on 09:58 - Jul 19 with 1824 viewsdmm

Jimmy Dunne on 09:54 - Jul 19 by bosh67

I think he can still play RB when needed but I really see him playing a more advanced Declan Rice style position. He's very comfortable on the ball and he's good going forward, as well as breaking up play.

That's an interesting idea but I've seen nothing in Dunne's game to suggest he could play that role better than our CMs.
Jimmy Dunne on 10:09 - Jul 19 with 1746 viewsAntti_Heinola

Jimmy Dunne on 09:58 - Jul 19 by dmm

That's an interesting idea but I've seen nothing in Dunne's game to suggest he could play that role better than our CMs.

Agree, nice idea, but can't see that happening at all. It's one thing being comfortable next to the touchline, where players can only come at you from one side and having the safety net of a nearby touchline, quite the other playing just in front of the back 4 with 360 degree danger.

Bare bones.

Jimmy Dunne on 10:17 - Jul 19 with 1708 viewswombat

Jimmy Dunne on 09:20 - Jul 18 by Rangersw12

If he doesn't want to sign an extension to his contract then we need to be selling him

who said he didnt ? club didnt offer him a long term deal only the one year extension is what ive been told , which considering his form last seaso is madness

Poll: which is your favouite foot

Jimmy Dunne on 12:45 - Jul 19 with 1508 viewssimmo

Small sample size, but he played RCB in a three for some of the pre season and I think on occasion we'll see that system - either to start or in-game - especially as the new lad looks more of an attacking wing back / winger.

Ultimately he's an option at RB, CB or RCB - but I don't think he will be in our strongest 11 atm if we're playing a back 4.

Cannon is more of a ? for me - I see him being similar to Dunne in style but behind him in the pecking order. Maybe with Dunne being in his last year, we are holding Cannon for security. Interesting to see how we juggle our options on that side.

ask Beavis I get nothing Butthead

Jimmy Dunne on 13:06 - Jul 19 with 1405 viewsRangersw12

Jimmy Dunne on 10:17 - Jul 19 by wombat

who said he didnt ? club didnt offer him a long term deal only the one year extension is what ive been told , which considering his form last seaso is madness

I've been told otherwise so who knows
Jimmy Dunne on 13:13 - Jul 19 with 1329 viewsStainrod

Jimmy Dunne on 12:45 - Jul 19 by simmo

Small sample size, but he played RCB in a three for some of the pre season and I think on occasion we'll see that system - either to start or in-game - especially as the new lad looks more of an attacking wing back / winger.

Ultimately he's an option at RB, CB or RCB - but I don't think he will be in our strongest 11 atm if we're playing a back 4.

Cannon is more of a ? for me - I see him being similar to Dunne in style but behind him in the pecking order. Maybe with Dunne being in his last year, we are holding Cannon for security. Interesting to see how we juggle our options on that side.

Interesting. Perhaps thats the system we will play next season with Heverton and Paal playing wing backs with Field and Coleback holding and Chair/ Andersen playing further inside, more as 10s, with Celar up top. Pragmatism seems to be one of Marti's key qualities so maybe he wants to have the option of 4 or 5 at the back depending on the opponents?
Jimmy Dunne on 13:22 - Jul 19 with 1276 viewsstevec

Can’t blame him for hedging his bets. Two other right backs about the place, was out the side for a period last season, playing for a team that has made the bottom half of the division its home.

He must be aware he can hold a place certainly higher up this league so best to wait and see if the club finally do something about the forward line, see how the club progress in first half of the season, then he will be in a better position as to whether he wants to stay.

In his case, unlike say Sinclair, he’s already proved he can hold his place in this league so I’m quite comfortable how’s he’s going about this.
Jimmy Dunne on 17:28 - Jul 19 with 1033 viewsWilkinswatercarrier

He'll be sold hopefully, unless he signs a new which would be good.
We have to keep the money coming in.
Jimmy Dunne on 17:39 - Jul 19 with 962 viewsGus_iom

Jimmy Dunne on 17:28 - Jul 19 by Wilkinswatercarrier

He'll be sold hopefully, unless he signs a new which would be good.
We have to keep the money coming in.

He did really well at right back last season, but it's not a novelty now and I wouldn't be surprised to see targeting him more successfully next season
Jimmy Dunne on 18:47 - Jul 19 with 853 viewsMetallica_Hoop

I see Dunne a bit like Chuck Norris after last season.

Jimmy Dunne will score 10 with his left foot playing as 10

Jimmy Dunne will make the opposition fail with the power of his mind.

Jimmy Dunne will make an opposing keeper terrified by raising his left eyebrow at him quizzically.

Something like that!

Beer and Beef has made us what we are - The Prince Regent

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024