Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Transfer rumours 2024 19:24 - Apr 28 with 338524 viewsWilkinswatercarrier

Started already since we thumped the Yorkshire Massive so going early.

Apparently we are linked with Bosun Lawal. Celtic, on loan at Fleetwood, centre midfield or centre back. 20 years old, Irish apparently.

Feel free to add as they come in !
Transfer rumours 2024 on 11:34 - Jul 10 with 8970 viewsTK1

He's a better bet than Max Killman when Wolves bought him, for starters, and I'd argue as good as he Killman now. (He's also a year younger).

He's 26, couple of hundred appearances at Championship level, but was one of the most highly-rated CBs at youth level in the country: captain of CFC U18s, won FA youth cup twice, UEFA league, Won England U20 World Cup in 2017, was U21 England captain...then came series of serious injuries, which is why we've got him. Last season was his first one really back to fitness as an adult and in the back half of it he was absolutely crucial in us staying up. There's a reason why the players voted him their player of the season. They know!

He's a PL CB, no question. Look at some of the English CBs in that league. Of course we should sell him! But he's valuable, I'd say £8 million seems reasonable starting place. Seems like Palace also interested, which is helpful, and would be a good destination. More the merrier.
Transfer rumours 2024 on 11:42 - Jul 10 with 8878 viewsTK1

Transfer rumours 2024 on 10:28 - Jul 10 by Lblock

Not having a pop but I don't get why people think Prem clubs with pots of cash would make JCS a top target.

He had a GREAT season last season and I do agree, when fit, he's a good asset to us.
However Prem clubs probably don't have a club that finished just outside relegation places for two seasons on their radar. If they do then they will be looking at his past record, how we accept low ball offers and take a chance at a minimal fee as it's low risk then.

If he is to leave and we get a Fee anywhere around £6mill then fair play.
If he stays and stays fit then brilliant - maybe if we see some Marti Magic and are challenging at the right end those trough swillers at the top table may come sniffing around

If he went to Wolves he'd be replacing a bloke signed from Maidenhead United. And if he went to Palace, then their most successful recent signings have been from Reading, Blackburn and - checks notes - QPR. So that's exactly who's on their radar and where they sign players from.
Transfer rumours 2024 on 17:06 - Jul 10 with 8114 viewsLoft1979

Transfer rumours 2024 on 11:42 - Jul 10 by TK1

If he went to Wolves he'd be replacing a bloke signed from Maidenhead United. And if he went to Palace, then their most successful recent signings have been from Reading, Blackburn and - checks notes - QPR. So that's exactly who's on their radar and where they sign players from.

Exactly that! Also, this adds to the hypothesis of us picking up other renovation projects and polishing them up for revised opportunities in the top tier. Interestingly, he has this great opportunity (as does QPR) but we missed a similar opportunity with Masterson. Hopefully EDB grows into more of the player his potential suggests.
Transfer rumours 2024 on 07:29 - Jul 11 with 7318 viewsderbyhoop

Willock & QPR couldn't agree new terms so he's gone to Cardiff. Shame but he's not as much in demand as his agent/dad thought. Pity we missed out on a fee, but if he doesn't want to be here,don't let the door hit you on the way out.

Clickbait sites saying
1 Newcastle may want a fee for Hayden
2. We will struggle to mat h his PL level wages. Colour me shocked 😲

Divin Mubama, 19yo striker from West Ham. Compensation.payable. Football League World suggestion
[Post edited 11 Jul 15:25]

Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the Earth all one’s lifetime. (Mark Twain) Find me on twitter @derbyhoop

Transfer rumours 2024 on 12:04 - Jul 11 with 6745 viewstkqpr

Yes this looks exactly the type of deal we should be doing.

https://www.newsnow.co.uk/share?data=eyJtbmlkIjoiODAyIiwiaWQiOiIxMjM2MDA2MjExIiw
Transfer rumours 2024 on 12:42 - Jul 11 with 6493 viewssprocket

Transfer rumours 2024 on 12:04 - Jul 11 by tkqpr

Yes this looks exactly the type of deal we should be doing.

https://www.newsnow.co.uk/share?data=eyJtbmlkIjoiODAyIiwiaWQiOiIxMjM2MDA2MjExIiw

Those clickbait articles do my nut in. Nonsense.
Transfer rumours 2024 on 12:49 - Jul 11 with 6433 viewspaddyhdog

Transfer rumours 2024 on 12:42 - Jul 11 by sprocket

Those clickbait articles do my nut in. Nonsense.

Agreed
Not sure if someone has posted this already, but newsnow.co.uk picks up daily posts from 3 sites in the main that are utter sh1te

Football league wolrd
London World
The 72

Have been stupid enough to click on 100s of 'articles' from these 3 sites over the summer. All of them have zero journalism and employ people to just make stuff up out of thin air. We should all boycott them and call them out.
[Post edited 11 Jul 12:51]
Transfer rumours 2024 on 20:57 - Jul 11 with 5637 viewstkqpr

I know its annoying and probably completely without base. But if he is out of contract and leaving then as i say its still the sort of signing QPR should looking to make. Its right in our wheelhouse.
Login to get fewer ads

Transfer rumours 2024 on 21:32 - Jul 11 with 5480 viewsdannyblue

If Nathan Collins was £20m+ and Joe Rodon was £10m+ and Harry Souttar was £15m+ and Chris Mepham was £12m and many others who show the value of championship centrebacks to the premier league...why would we accept £5-7m for JCS?
Transfer rumours 2024 on 05:32 - Jul 12 with 4991 viewsderbyhoop

2 former QPR players moving on
Sam MacCallum - Norwich to Sheffield utd
Grant Hall - Rotherham to Swindon

Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the Earth all one’s lifetime. (Mark Twain) Find me on twitter @derbyhoop

Transfer rumours 2024 on 09:23 - Jul 12 with 4555 viewsWatford_Ranger

Transfer rumours 2024 on 21:32 - Jul 11 by dannyblue

If Nathan Collins was £20m+ and Joe Rodon was £10m+ and Harry Souttar was £15m+ and Chris Mepham was £12m and many others who show the value of championship centrebacks to the premier league...why would we accept £5-7m for JCS?

A combination of age, injury risk, time on his contract and our need to sell relative to those clubs. He had a really strong run of games and at his best he’s a quality player but this time last year he was worth somewhere between less than nothing and nothing. £6m is fair and a rare example of selling a player for a huge profit for this club. If we hold out for a year, he’s pissed off and has an ok or worse season we get another paltry fee like for Rob Dickie.
Transfer rumours 2024 on 09:48 - Jul 12 with 4445 viewsdannyblue

Transfer rumours 2024 on 09:23 - Jul 12 by Watford_Ranger

A combination of age, injury risk, time on his contract and our need to sell relative to those clubs. He had a really strong run of games and at his best he’s a quality player but this time last year he was worth somewhere between less than nothing and nothing. £6m is fair and a rare example of selling a player for a huge profit for this club. If we hold out for a year, he’s pissed off and has an ok or worse season we get another paltry fee like for Rob Dickie.

Ezri Konsa was £12m, Adam Webster £20m...Now Jacob Greaves for £15+3m.

I'm not sure that we're necessarily in a worse position that _all_ of those clubs, and he has two years left I believe. Conversely JCS has better pedigree than those players.

Looking at it the other way around, if you were a buying club: Great academy and international background, entering prime, injury problems behind him, best years ahead of him, left sided, physically dominant, can pass, good character, already settled in England, not on stupid wages, keen to make the step up, and available. Ticks an awful lot of boxes.

I agree this is the right time to sell, but I just don't see why we would have to sell for so much less than the going rate for champ centrebacks moving to the prem.

Edit: Also to add, £10m is nothing to the premier league. Spurs spend it gambling on Jack Clarke. Ipswich are splashing £20m. A first team player is considered to be worth £20m+. JCS could be a first team player. £5m on JCS would be an absolute no risk bargain for any premier league club.
[Post edited 13 Jul 22:09]
Transfer rumours 2024 on 10:03 - Jul 12 with 4363 viewsPdog

Some good points above, also in the eyes of a potential buyer he will be 27 in September meaning reduced potential for sell-on or time to learn trade at higher level (which he has never played at) + how much further room for development is there at that age. Whilst not slow, he isn't the quickest and will only get slower. Prem is unforgiving.

Cash in now and reinvest in another 3-4 renovation projects.
Transfer rumours 2024 on 10:10 - Jul 12 with 4318 viewsQPR_John

Transfer rumours 2024 on 10:03 - Jul 12 by Pdog

Some good points above, also in the eyes of a potential buyer he will be 27 in September meaning reduced potential for sell-on or time to learn trade at higher level (which he has never played at) + how much further room for development is there at that age. Whilst not slow, he isn't the quickest and will only get slower. Prem is unforgiving.

Do you really thing Premier League clubs worry too much about sell on values.
Transfer rumours 2024 on 10:13 - Jul 12 with 4305 viewsaston_hoop

Transfer rumours 2024 on 10:10 - Jul 12 by QPR_John

Do you really thing Premier League clubs worry too much about sell on values.

Absolutely they do yes. Every penny helps in the FFP era

Poll: Moses Odubajo - Stick or Twist?

Transfer rumours 2024 on 10:24 - Jul 12 with 4246 viewsStainrod

Transfer rumours 2024 on 09:48 - Jul 12 by dannyblue

Ezri Konsa was £12m, Adam Webster £20m...Now Jacob Greaves for £15+3m.

I'm not sure that we're necessarily in a worse position that _all_ of those clubs, and he has two years left I believe. Conversely JCS has better pedigree than those players.

Looking at it the other way around, if you were a buying club: Great academy and international background, entering prime, injury problems behind him, best years ahead of him, left sided, physically dominant, can pass, good character, already settled in England, not on stupid wages, keen to make the step up, and available. Ticks an awful lot of boxes.

I agree this is the right time to sell, but I just don't see why we would have to sell for so much less than the going rate for champ centrebacks moving to the prem.

Edit: Also to add, £10m is nothing to the premier league. Spurs spend it gambling on Jack Clarke. Ipswich are splashing £20m. A first team player is considered to be worth £20m+. JCS could be a first team player. £5m on JCS would be an absolute no risk bargain for any premier league club.
[Post edited 13 Jul 22:09]

One question, with the players you quote who went for huge fees, how long had they consistently performed at Championship level, putting in 40+ games a season (its a genuine question, I have no idea)? JSC when fit is a superb defender but this was his first "full" season since when? And even then it was, what, 30/35 games? For all his undoubted attributes he is no Yohan Barbet when it comes to physical resilience. IMHO that injury record places a very significant downwind on his value.
Transfer rumours 2024 on 10:38 - Jul 12 with 4184 viewsdannyblue

Transfer rumours 2024 on 10:24 - Jul 12 by Stainrod

One question, with the players you quote who went for huge fees, how long had they consistently performed at Championship level, putting in 40+ games a season (its a genuine question, I have no idea)? JSC when fit is a superb defender but this was his first "full" season since when? And even then it was, what, 30/35 games? For all his undoubted attributes he is no Yohan Barbet when it comes to physical resilience. IMHO that injury record places a very significant downwind on his value.

Had a look. Some indeed played 47 games. Nathan Collins played 27 games before his £12m move to Burnley and 24 times before his £20m to Wolves (although he was much younger). Harry Souttar played 25 games in the season prior to his £15m move.
Transfer rumours 2024 on 10:49 - Jul 12 with 4110 viewsconnell10

Transfer rumours 2024 on 10:03 - Jul 12 by Pdog

27 is the prime age for a centre back.

AND WHEN I DREAM , I DREAM ABOUT YOU AND WHEN I SCREAM I SCREAM ABOUT YOU!!!!!
Poll: best number 10 ever?

Transfer rumours 2024 on 10:55 - Jul 12 with 4057 viewsWegerles_Stairs

At least £10m and chuck in Taylor Richards as a sweetener.
Transfer rumours 2024 on 11:13 - Jul 12 with 3937 viewsPdog

Transfer rumours 2024 on 10:49 - Jul 12 by connell10

27 is the prime age for a centre back.

Exactly, and therein lies part of the gamble, a player in his 'prime years' (after one good full season) untested at the top level has got to hit the ground running. Worth a gamble sure, but not at prices like those mentioned who had a few more yrs growth potential.
[Post edited 12 Jul 11:15]
Transfer rumours 2024 on 12:27 - Jul 12 with 3612 viewsPadulas_Shampoo

Transfer rumours 2024 on 10:24 - Jul 12 by Stainrod

Why do you refer to him as JSC when his name is Jake Clarke-Salter? Am I missing an in joke?
Transfer rumours 2024 on 12:46 - Jul 12 with 3493 viewsStainrod

Transfer rumours 2024 on 12:27 - Jul 12 by Padulas_Shampoo

Why do you refer to him as JSC when his name is Jake Clarke-Salter? Am I missing an in joke?

Apologies mate I wish I could stake a claim to wit here but purely my dyslexia...
Transfer rumours 2024 on 21:24 - Jul 12 with 2690 viewsqpr1976

Transfer rumours 2024 on 10:55 - Jul 12 by Wegerles_Stairs

I’d be delighted with £10m & offloading Richards, but the buying team (Wolves ?) might consider it would knock the cash down to £8m !

(I’d still take that, if it got that waster off our books.
Transfer rumours 2024 on 21:33 - Jul 12 with 2630 viewsCiderwithRsie

Transfer rumours 2024 on 10:55 - Jul 12 by Wegerles_Stairs

I think you'll find it will be £10m or we chuck in Taylor Richards.
Transfer rumours 2024 on 00:32 - Jul 13 with 2264 viewsPadulas_Shampoo

Transfer rumours 2024 on 12:46 - Jul 12 by Stainrod

Apologies mate I wish I could stake a claim to wit here but purely my dyslexia...

Oh sorry mate didn’t mean to be pedantic, I thought it was another version of PBBC - took me about 18 months to learn what that meant!
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024