Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Did Martin realise they were a man down? 20:11 - Jan 8 with 3334 viewsBillyChong

What was that all about? Playing keep ball against ten men. Manning was a threat down the left before the red card. Yet, Martin pushes him inside and sticks Obafemi on the touch line. Absolutely bizarre. We allowed Southampton to sit back and relax.

Silverstein needs to get the American Express out and strengthen the defence before he jets back across the ocean. We are shipping bagfuls of goals and don’t have the skill set to play Martin ball from the back.
Did Martin realise they were a man down? on 20:17 - Jan 8 with 2523 viewsjasper_T

We didn't work them. Rarely tested their centre halves, who looked very shaky when they were turned towards their own goal (and Ntcham proved). As you say they could sit in shape, deep and narrow and feel secure apart from a few shots from distance that Forster made a bit of a meal of.

Martin wants to reinvent the wheel, do the unconventional thing. But it's round for a reason. It's very tough to break down 10 good players when you don't move them around and create spaces.
Did Martin realise they were a man down? on 20:22 - Jan 8 with 2514 viewsFireboy2

As jasper stated, we were too narrow for too much of the game when we had the man advantage.
Did Martin realise they were a man down? on 20:28 - Jan 8 with 2504 viewsAjack_Kerouac

The 'manager's' decisions are completely incomprehensible.
It is as if he is trying to f-in lose.

"It's what people know about themselves inside that makes them afraid" - "In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act" - "The further a society drifts from truth the more it will hate those who speak it"

Did Martin realise they were a man down? on 20:40 - Jan 8 with 2474 viewsFireboy2

Did Martin realise they were a man down? on 20:28 - Jan 8 by Ajack_Kerouac

The 'manager's' decisions are completely incomprehensible.
It is as if he is trying to f-in lose.

And another troll emerges.
Did Martin realise they were a man down? on 20:42 - Jan 8 with 2453 viewsangryjack

Did Martin realise they were a man down? on 20:22 - Jan 8 by Fireboy2

As jasper stated, we were too narrow for too much of the game when we had the man advantage.

When they down to ten men you got move ball quicker and have runners moving off the ball running into gaps dragging players..everything is too pedestrianised, it's useless..I starting to think Martin.. is out his depth as a coach and manager
Did Martin realise they were a man down? on 20:42 - Jan 8 with 2465 viewsA_Fans_Dad

Did Martin realise they were a man down? on 20:40 - Jan 8 by Fireboy2

And another troll emerges.

The only Troll on here is you.
Attacking every disallusioned fan instead of actually discusssing the players, selections and tactics.
Did Martin realise they were a man down? on 20:44 - Jan 8 with 2458 viewsFireboy2

Did Martin realise they were a man down? on 20:42 - Jan 8 by A_Fans_Dad

Attacking every disallusioned fan instead of actually discusssing the players, selections and tactics.

So DYSS is a fan then 🤣🤣🤣
Did Martin realise they were a man down? on 20:45 - Jan 8 with 2454 viewsFireboy2

Did Martin realise they were a man down? on 20:42 - Jan 8 by A_Fans_Dad

And I do discuss tactics and selections with real fans just not trolls.
Login to get fewer ads

Did Martin realise they were a man down? on 21:02 - Jan 8 with 2412 viewsonehunglow

Did Martin realise they were a man down? on 20:45 - Jan 8 by Fireboy2

Ed.#
You dont have an answer.You are becoming an embarrassment to yourself now mate with your trolling narrative.
Hope all is well at the sharp end in your job and Blackpool is not behaving too badly

Martin is not interested in other teams or how they play ;he has said so.

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

Did Martin realise they were a man down? on 21:04 - Jan 8 with 2404 viewsonehunglow

Did Martin realise they were a man down? on 20:44 - Jan 8 by Fireboy2

More of a fan than you as he seems irritated by what is going on at the club.
You eem more bothered with massaging your forum ego

How about some dialogue .

How about an opinion

I challenge you to answer this.....

Are you happy with the team right now

Did Martin realise they were a man down? on 22:41 - Jan 8 with 2316 viewsA_Fans_Dad

Did Martin realise they were a man down? on 20:44 - Jan 8 by Fireboy2

Yes, who but a fan would bother to sit through the dross served up by our team?
Most of his comments are accurate, is that what you don't like?
Did Martin realise they were a man down? on 22:46 - Jan 8 with 2308 viewsFireboy2

Did Martin realise they were a man down? on 22:41 - Jan 8 by A_Fans_Dad

Yes, who but a fan would bother to sit through the dross served up by our team?
Most of his comments are accurate, is that what you don't like?

I would answer anyone if they put any argument up no matter what ateotd we all have opinions but I will NEVER rationally answer that pr!ck because I know for a fact he doesn't go to matched or even support us so he can go fvck himself, I'm here for the duration mate.
Did Martin realise they were a man down? on 22:55 - Jan 8 with 2297 viewsThrasher6

We are a Championship club...with Championship players. They are a Premier League club...with Premier League players. Premier League players are better than Championship players.
WHAT PART OF THIS....DON'T YOU ALL GET?

Poll: Social Distancing: When will it be an obsolete word?

Did Martin realise they were a man down? on 00:47 - Jan 9 with 2246 viewsjasper_T

Did Martin realise they were a man down? on 22:55 - Jan 8 by Thrasher6

We are a Championship club...with Championship players. They are a Premier League club...with Premier League players. Premier League players are better than Championship players.

Might as well have not played, then. Game already decided.
Did Martin realise they were a man down? on 01:59 - Jan 9 with 2210 viewsangryjack

Did Martin realise they were a man down? on 22:55 - Jan 8 by Thrasher6

They had 10 men for a long long period plus extra time and we just carried on playing pedestrianised football,and even in the end it was our platers getting cramp and their players still bursting in box at end extra time...Martin didn't know how to use the extra man to our advantage ...
Did Martin realise they were a man down? on 14:21 - Jan 9 with 2096 viewsBillyChong

Did Martin realise they were a man down? on 01:59 - Jan 9 by angryjack

They had 10 men for a long long period plus extra time and we just carried on playing pedestrianised football,and even in the end it was our platers getting cramp and their players still bursting in box at end extra time...Martin didn't know how to use the extra man to our advantage ...

This. We were passing the ball around like prime Barca when they went down to ten men. But what was the point? There was no end output from it. Southampton realised this and sat back content to let us practice 5 yard passes.

The premier v championship argument is missing the point. The point is about a tactically enept attempt at making a man advantage count.
Did Martin realise they were a man down? on 14:27 - Jan 9 with 2088 viewsmagicdaps10

Said it before and will say it again, think he could go to a 4/5/1 or 4/3/3 and play with a bit of width.

I think Bennett struggles in this team, I think that Downes could ultimately end up playing as ball playing centre half, if we got a centre half with pace then I myself would look into that partnership.
[Post edited 9 Jan 2022 14:27]

Poll: Are the owners doing enough for Swansea City

Did Martin realise they were a man down? on 14:40 - Jan 9 with 2064 viewsjasper_T

Did Martin realise they were a man down? on 14:27 - Jan 9 by magicdaps10

Said it before and will say it again, think he could go to a 4/5/1 or 4/3/3 and play with a bit of width.

I think Bennett struggles in this team, I think that Downes could ultimately end up playing as ball playing centre half, if we got a centre half with pace then I myself would look into that partnership.
[Post edited 9 Jan 2022 14:27]

The issue with Downes at centre half is that he doesn't compete for headers. He just leans in. Belongs in midfield, has more than enough ability just needs to be more consistently ambitious and progressive with the ball. Too often takes the easy option and invites others to play for him. It's not to our benefit to have Manning and Naughton in midfield expected to do the creative work.
Did Martin realise they were a man down? on 14:52 - Jan 9 with 2055 viewsmagicdaps10

Did Martin realise they were a man down? on 14:40 - Jan 9 by jasper_T

The issue with Downes at centre half is that he doesn't compete for headers. He just leans in. Belongs in midfield, has more than enough ability just needs to be more consistently ambitious and progressive with the ball. Too often takes the easy option and invites others to play for him. It's not to our benefit to have Manning and Naughton in midfield expected to do the creative work.

Fair comments. Do you think in today's age that a centre half needs to be a good header of the ball as I think those days have gone?
Ashley Williams a fantastic defender that he was, he was awful in the air.

Downes is a superb player, I must point out and I have been critical if him but yesterday I think Grimes outshone Downes and was superb.

Poll: Are the owners doing enough for Swansea City

Did Martin realise they were a man down? on 14:55 - Jan 9 with 2051 viewsNotLoyal

Did Martin realise they were a man down? on 22:46 - Jan 8 by Fireboy2

I would answer anyone if they put any argument up no matter what ateotd we all have opinions but I will NEVER rationally answer that pr!ck because I know for a fact he doesn't go to matched or even support us so he can go fvck himself, I'm here for the duration mate.

Why are you constantly swearing, why can’t you stop yourself, you are meant to be supporting the site.

OK I've changed it.
Poll: The FINALS : Poster of the year 2022

Did Martin realise they were a man down? on 15:03 - Jan 9 with 2040 viewsbuilthjack

Did Martin realise they were a man down? on 14:55 - Jan 9 by NotLoyal

Why are you constantly swearing, why can’t you stop yourself, you are meant to be supporting the site.

He is wound up by a pathetic troll.
We all get wound up, as you were last week.
We tend to all get wound up by pathetic people.

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

Did Martin realise they were a man down? on 15:55 - Jan 9 with 2022 viewsonehunglow

Did Martin realise they were a man down? on 20:45 - Jan 8 by Fireboy2

Who decides ?

Did Martin realise they were a man down? on 15:59 - Jan 9 with 2017 viewsonehunglow

Did Martin realise they were a man down? on 15:03 - Jan 9 by builthjack

He is wound up by a pathetic troll.
We all get wound up, as you were last week.
We tend to all get wound up by pathetic people.

You are sticking up for him as he is your chum.
Fireboy has admitted trolling
He now has Keroauc on his hate list.

True Jack indeed

We were given a reminder of the regulations
We have seen a filthy troll ease Keith from this site

Friends often let you down

Did Martin realise they were a man down? on 16:05 - Jan 9 with 2015 viewsjasper_T

Did Martin realise they were a man down? on 14:52 - Jan 9 by magicdaps10

Fair comments. Do you think in today's age that a centre half needs to be a good header of the ball as I think those days have gone?
Ashley Williams a fantastic defender that he was, he was awful in the air.

Downes is a superb player, I must point out and I have been critical if him but yesterday I think Grimes outshone Downes and was superb.

I think a player who wins the majority of their duels is an asset in that position, absolutely. And if you can't win them you have to at least jump with your man. Leaning into them might be enough in midfield but there's enough old-fashioned centre forwards in the Championship to take advantage of that gap in someone's game.
Did Martin realise they were a man down? on 16:07 - Jan 9 with 2011 viewsGruffStephens

Did Martin realise they were a man down? on 15:59 - Jan 9 by onehunglow

You are sticking up for him as he is your chum.
Fireboy has admitted trolling
He now has Keroauc on his hate list.

True Jack indeed

We were given a reminder of the regulations
We have seen a filthy troll ease Keith from this site

Friends often let you down

The majority reason why Keith isn’t here for now is his daughter, let’s be sensible.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024