Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Dead last in net spend yet again 14:13 - Sep 1 with 11720 viewsFerrieBodde

https://talksport.com/football/every-premier-league-club-ranked-their-net-spend-

Just like in the last summer window (and cumulatively in the last 3 years), we've once again spent the least. A profit of £24m in this window. How lovely.

It's an awful feeling knowing your club is owned by some parasitic foreigners who want nothing except to spend the bare minimum, if even that (since these Yanks took over we have a transfer surplus of +£14m), and that all they want to do is keep us in the Premier League before selling us for a tidy profit. Both Levien and Kaplan are two no good lying cvnts, and they should be held accountable for all the BS they spouted after the purchase about how they want to win, how ambitious they are, and how we're no longer going to be a stepping stone club.

[Post edited 1 Jan 2018 0:58]
Dead last in net spend yet again on 18:41 - Sep 3 with 1914 viewsKerouac

Dead last in net spend yet again on 22:21 - Sep 2 by pencoedjack

You know more than me about buying the lease Dr

I am concerned on how we will fund incoming players next season we will have no saleable assets (as I said possibly Alf ) but will be ripe to sell ... you agree ?

I've just made the exact same point.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ss9VZ1FHxy0
Poll: Which manager should replace Russell Martin (2) ?

Dead last in net spend yet again on 19:05 - Sep 3 with 1885 viewsLydford

Here's the view of our transfer dealings by someone with no axe to grind:

https://www.fourfourtwo.com/features/ranked-every-premier-league-clubs-summer-tr

If you want to see where Swansea are placed you'll have to jump to

https://www.fourfourtwo.com/features/ranked-every-premier-league-clubs-summer-tr
Dead last in net spend yet again on 20:27 - Sep 3 with 1846 viewsShonky

Dead last in net spend yet again on 19:05 - Sep 3 by Lydford

3rd best window. Dont tell the ne-ga-tive me-ga-divs.
[Post edited 3 Sep 2017 20:29]

Its just a ride...

Dead last in net spend yet again on 20:38 - Sep 3 with 1830 viewsKerouac

Dead last in net spend yet again on 19:05 - Sep 3 by Lydford

The thing about articles like that though, as entertaining as they are, they are meaningless.
At this moment in time we have no idea who has had a good window and who has not.

...and my take on ours is that yes we can put out an improved 1st team, but we haven't addressed long standing issues and failed to get sufficient defensive cover.

If we don't have any injuries everyone will agree we had a great window...better 1st team, massive profit.

If we have another injury at the back however, (on top of Bartley's) it might not look too clever and all and sundry will be saying;
"Why didn't we use some of that £25-35m on buying Arias/Yiadom/Badstuber etc. ?
How fecking stupid of us to go into the season unprepared! etc. "

What about if Sanches is a flop?
We could have spent roughly the same we spent on the loan securing somebody like Chalobah or Boudebouz.

Dead last in net spend yet again on 21:07 - Sep 3 with 1801 viewsvetchonian

Dead last in net spend yet again on 20:38 - Sep 3 by Kerouac

The thing about articles like that though, as entertaining as they are, they are meaningless.
At this moment in time we have no idea who has had a good window and who has not.

...and my take on ours is that yes we can put out an improved 1st team, but we haven't addressed long standing issues and failed to get sufficient defensive cover.

If we don't have any injuries everyone will agree we had a great window...better 1st team, massive profit.

If we have another injury at the back however, (on top of Bartley's) it might not look too clever and all and sundry will be saying;
"Why didn't we use some of that £25-35m on buying Arias/Yiadom/Badstuber etc. ?
How fecking stupid of us to go into the season unprepared! etc. "

What about if Sanches is a flop?
We could have spent roughly the same we spent on the loan securing somebody like Chalobah or Boudebouz.

He won the golden boy award.....

Poll: Will CCFC win a game this season?

Dead last in net spend yet again on 21:26 - Sep 3 with 1779 viewsmajorraglan

I don't think it matters that the club was dead last in the net spend, what matters is how that money has been spent and how what's left is spent going forward. We have previously seen money wasted on players in the past and given that resources are scarce, every penny needs to be sent wisely.
Going forward there are holes to be plugged, a number of players will need replacing because they are getting long in the tooth while others are only here on loan. If PC is happy with what he has to work with, then hopefully the recruiting team can start work on filling the gaps ready for the next window.

Its in the new owners interests to keep the squad competitive and in the Premier League, so I think new players will be brought in as and when they become available.

I think Mawson could be the next big ticket sale if his development can be sustained, unless Borja starts becoming prolific in Spain spotting the next high value player becomes more difficult.
[Post edited 3 Sep 2017 21:29]
Dead last in net spend yet again on 21:36 - Sep 3 with 1762 viewsraynor94

Dead last in net spend yet again on 21:07 - Sep 3 by vetchonian

He won the golden boy award.....

You really don't rate Sanches do you?

You give it out, you take it back it`s all part of the game
Poll: Happy to see Martin go

Dead last in net spend yet again on 22:10 - Sep 3 with 1736 viewssully49

We must be the only club who, once any transfer window opens, looks
firstly at which player can generate the most money in order to finance our transfer requirements. How can this be beneficial to the club? 💲💰💰💲

Poll: Is there any way for Lee Trundle to play in this squad?

Login to get fewer ads

Dead last in net spend yet again on 22:17 - Sep 3 with 1725 viewsKerouac

...and again Shonky (just for you);

"We have been storing up big problems with our squad...BIG problems.

These players need replacing and have next to zero resale value;
1) Rangel,
2) Dyer,
3) Routledge,
4) Leon,

(3 of them are Home Grown players...if we don't replace them with more HG players, which are generally more expensive , our squad size goes down and we have less flexibility in the transfer market.
This is why we should have pounced on the likes of Joe Allen and Nathaniel Chalobah)

These players are loans so will need replacing next year;
5) Abraham
6) Sanches
(...and as happy as I am with Abraham for example, we are developing their player and ensuring that he won't come back to us in the process. If Abraham and Sanches tear it up this year and go for big money moves next summer we get NOTHING.
The thing is, our model depends on selling our most in form players for big money...apart from Abraham and Sanches who else in the squad would you bet on having that kind of season?)

These players are no good and will fetch shite transfer fees;
7) Montero
8) Ki
9) Narsingh
and possibly
10) Van der Hoorn

and we also have;
11) Baston (loaned out)
and
12) Amat (loaned out)

I don't think either have a future here anymore and once again, will bring next to nothing in when they leave.

If we are to believe that we can only purchase based on what we sell it would seem that we need to shift Mawson or Carroll or Clucas for MAJOR dosh next year if we are to have a chance of plugging even 3/4 of the holes.
Frankly, I'm worried.

In particular that Baston money we spent last summer could have sorted out right-back and cover with potential at Centre-back.
A scandalous waste.
Gomis too (which I called at the time), we lost a lot of money there)"

So why is this situation nothing to be worried about?

Dead last in net spend yet again on 22:29 - Sep 3 with 1712 viewsEasternJack

Dead last in net spend yet again on 22:10 - Sep 3 by sully49

firstly at which player can generate the most money in order to finance our transfer requirements. How can this be beneficial to the club? 💲💰💰💲

Sshh... you're making the keyboard warriors look even more stupid

Poll: Hull vs Middlesborough - What do we want?

Dead last in net spend yet again on 22:37 - Sep 3 with 1702 viewsGaryjack

Dead last in net spend yet again on 22:10 - Sep 3 by sully49

Sshh... You're enticing Easternjack to make more of a cock of himself with every post he makes!
[Post edited 3 Sep 2017 22:38]
Dead last in net spend yet again on 23:00 - Sep 3 with 1679 viewsmajorraglan

Dead last in net spend yet again on 22:17 - Sep 3 by Kerouac

...and again Shonky (just for you);

"We have been storing up big problems with our squad...BIG problems.

These players need replacing and have next to zero resale value;
1) Rangel,
2) Dyer,
3) Routledge,
4) Leon,

(3 of them are Home Grown players...if we don't replace them with more HG players, which are generally more expensive , our squad size goes down and we have less flexibility in the transfer market.
This is why we should have pounced on the likes of Joe Allen and Nathaniel Chalobah)

These players are loans so will need replacing next year;
5) Abraham
6) Sanches
(...and as happy as I am with Abraham for example, we are developing their player and ensuring that he won't come back to us in the process. If Abraham and Sanches tear it up this year and go for big money moves next summer we get NOTHING.
The thing is, our model depends on selling our most in form players for big money...apart from Abraham and Sanches who else in the squad would you bet on having that kind of season?)

These players are no good and will fetch shite transfer fees;
7) Montero
8) Ki
9) Narsingh
and possibly
10) Van der Hoorn

and we also have;
11) Baston (loaned out)
and
12) Amat (loaned out)

I don't think either have a future here anymore and once again, will bring next to nothing in when they leave.

If we are to believe that we can only purchase based on what we sell it would seem that we need to shift Mawson or Carroll or Clucas for MAJOR dosh next year if we are to have a chance of plugging even 3/4 of the holes.
Frankly, I'm worried.

In particular that Baston money we spent last summer could have sorted out right-back and cover with potential at Centre-back.
A scandalous waste.
Gomis too (which I called at the time), we lost a lot of money there)"

So why is this situation nothing to be worried about?

I think there is merit in many of the points you make - if the fans can see it I am sure that someone as astute as Paul Clement can see it and I am sure he will have told HJ and the recruiting team to start identifying the players replacements. If the new owners want to retain the clubs Premier League status they are going to have to invest more money in the playing squad.

My hope is that Borja, Montero and Amat have good seasons in La Liga which will generate a healthy transfer fee. Let's hope Sanchez and Abraham have great seasons, come on leaps and bounds and maybe that will encourage others blossoming talents to chance their arm here. Other clubs use the loan system to good effect and so should Swansea City.
Dead last in net spend yet again on 08:40 - Sep 4 with 1600 viewsPrivate_Partz

Dead last in net spend yet again on 23:00 - Sep 3 by majorraglan

I think there is merit in many of the points you make - if the fans can see it I am sure that someone as astute as Paul Clement can see it and I am sure he will have told HJ and the recruiting team to start identifying the players replacements. If the new owners want to retain the clubs Premier League status they are going to have to invest more money in the playing squad.

My hope is that Borja, Montero and Amat have good seasons in La Liga which will generate a healthy transfer fee. Let's hope Sanchez and Abraham have great seasons, come on leaps and bounds and maybe that will encourage others blossoming talents to chance their arm here. Other clubs use the loan system to good effect and so should Swansea City.

A fully fit and on form Borja, Jordi and Jeff is exactly what we need at the moment. None have had a prolonged run in the team.
If they have good seasons in La Liga then I don't see the point in selling only to bring in other players from leagues like La Liga that are performing at the same level and are untried and tested.
Surely it is better the devil you know, if that devil comes good.....
[Post edited 4 Sep 2017 8:42]

You have mission in life to hold out your hand, To help the other guy out, Help your fellow man. Stan Ridgway

Dead last in net spend yet again on 09:50 - Sep 4 with 1568 viewsraynor94

Dead last in net spend yet again on 08:40 - Sep 4 by Private_Partz

A fully fit and on form Borja, Jordi and Jeff is exactly what we need at the moment. None have had a prolonged run in the team.
If they have good seasons in La Liga then I don't see the point in selling only to bring in other players from leagues like La Liga that are performing at the same level and are untried and tested.
Surely it is better the devil you know, if that devil comes good.....
[Post edited 4 Sep 2017 8:42]

Fair play that first line has made me smile, " fully fit and on form" you might as well believe in miracles. They haven't had a run in the team because they are not good enough.

Clement had seen Borja at close quarters for six months, and quite obviously doesn't rate him, and as for needing them, yep like a hole in the head.

Let's just hope we can get a fraction back of what we have spent next summer

You give it out, you take it back it`s all part of the game
Poll: Happy to see Martin go

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024