Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The Official Sunderland FC Versus Swansea City Premier League Match Day Thread 20:29 - May 8 with 44244 viewsjackharris

[Post edited 13 May 2017 14:44]

Very proud to be voted Planet Swans Poster of the Year 2017 by my fellow posters. Especially on a site that nearly had 20 million impressions last year.
Poll: What is your favourite Knock?

The Official Sunderland FC Versus Swansea City Premier League Match Thread on 17:00 - May 12 with 3494 viewsSTID2017

The Official Sunderland FC Versus Swansea City Premier League Match Thread on 14:37 - May 12 by Landore_Jack

Worrying stat:

The Swans have gone 17 Premier League away games without a clean sheet, with their last shut-out coming at Burnley on the opening day of the season.

It seems as if they are in the mood to change that, but as my prediction is 4-1 to the Swans, (last minute Defoe consolation) I'm not to to concerned.

"Sanity and happiness are an impossible combination" - Mark Twain
Poll: Who Would You Want As Captain For Swans ?

The Official Sunderland FC Versus Swansea City Premier League Match Thread on 17:00 - May 12 with 3493 viewsA_Fans_Dad

The Official Sunderland FC Versus Swansea City Premier League Match Thread on 12:38 - May 12 by Glyn1

BBC Sport preview

http://bbc.in/2qa2mkj

SAM's verdict
Most probable score: 1-1 Probability of draw: 28%
Probability of home win: 40% Probability of away win: 32%
SAM (Sports Analytics Machine) is a super-computer created by @ProfIanMcHale at the University of Salford that is used to predict the outcome of football matches.

Is that one stupid program?
The "most" probable score is a draw based on 28%, whereas an away win is 32% and a home win is 40%.
Do they have their probability percentages backwards?
The Official Sunderland FC Versus Swansea City Premier League Match Thread on 18:03 - May 12 with 3412 viewsSwanseaman

The Official Sunderland FC Versus Swansea City Premier League Match Thread on 14:37 - May 12 by Landore_Jack

Worrying stat:

The Swans have gone 17 Premier League away games without a clean sheet, with their last shut-out coming at Burnley on the opening day of the season.

The betting tips for this game seem strange. thesetpieces.com think that one of us won't score... So that would mean if we scored and won it, we would keep a clean sheet.

http://thesetpieces.com/premier-league-betting/sunderland-v-swansea-betting-tips
[Post edited 12 May 2017 18:08]

Poll: Would you have Jenkins back if he found wealthy oil sheikhs to buy out the Yanks

The Official Sunderland FC Versus Swansea City Premier League Match Thread on 09:33 - May 13 with 3021 viewsSwansNZ

Game day

Well, not for me.

Come on you Swans
[Post edited 13 May 2017 9:36]

Poll: Should the official match day thread include pictures?

The Official Sunderland FC Versus Swansea City Premier League Match Thread on 09:52 - May 13 with 2993 viewsSTID2017

The Official Sunderland FC Versus Swansea City Premier League Match Thread on 09:33 - May 13 by SwansNZ

Game day

Well, not for me.

Come on you Swans
[Post edited 13 May 2017 9:36]

Assume you are getting your head down for a few hours ?

The Official Sunderland FC Versus Swansea City Premier League Match Thread on 10:40 - May 13 with 2929 viewsSwansNZ

The Official Sunderland FC Versus Swansea City Premier League Match Thread on 09:52 - May 13 by STID2017

Assume you are getting your head down for a few hours ?

I'll probably just record the game and get up about 5 to watch it.

The Official Sunderland FC Versus Swansea City Premier League Match Thread on 11:08 - May 13 with 2879 viewsLoyal

The Official Sunderland FC Versus Swansea City Premier League Match Thread on 17:00 - May 12 by STID2017

It seems as if they are in the mood to change that, but as my prediction is 4-1 to the Swans, (last minute Defoe consolation) I'm not to to concerned.

Whatever you do don't wear one of those.

Nolan sympathiser, clout expert, personal friend of Leigh Dineen, advocate and enforcer of porridge swallows. The official inventor of the tit w@nk.
Poll: Who should be Swansea number 1

The Official Sunderland FC Versus Swansea City Premier League Match Thread on 11:15 - May 13 with 2861 viewsMrSwerve

The Official Sunderland FC Versus Swansea City Premier League Match Thread on 10:40 - May 13 by SwansNZ

I'll probably just record the game and get up about 5 to watch it.

Didn't you make the trip from NZ to Sunderland? Bloody plastic.

Poll: Decision day - who wins the PL title?

Login to get fewer ads

The Official Sunderland FC Versus Swansea City Premier League Match Thread on 11:20 - May 13 with 2855 viewsSwansNZ

The Official Sunderland FC Versus Swansea City Premier League Match Thread on 11:15 - May 13 by MrSwerve

Didn't you make the trip from NZ to Sunderland? Bloody plastic.

I was waiting for the club to offer free flights, plus a couple of weeks accomodation, but no - the tight b@stards, nothing, except an offer of a pie and pint.

The Official Sunderland FC Versus Swansea City Premier League Match Thread on 11:28 - May 13 with 2846 viewsSTID2017

The Official Sunderland FC Versus Swansea City Premier League Match Thread on 11:20 - May 13 by SwansNZ

I was waiting for the club to offer free flights, plus a couple of weeks accomodation, but no - the tight b@stards, nothing, except an offer of a pie and pint.

Perhaps they'll send you a pie and a pint in the post - dread to think what they'll be like when they get there though !

The Official Sunderland FC Versus Swansea City Premier League Match Thread on 11:44 - May 13 with 2818 viewsunion_jack

The Official Sunderland FC Versus Swansea City Premier League Match Thread on 11:20 - May 13 by SwansNZ

This is why Huw MUST go!

Are Sperm Whales the reason the sea is so salty?
Poll: Bony - Would You Want Him Back?

The Official Sunderland FC Versus Swansea City Premier League Match Thread on 14:01 - May 13 with 2552 viewsTummer_from_Texas

No changes from Everton.

[Post edited 13 May 2017 14:04]

POTY 2015
Poll: Biggest signing so far in January? (just curious what Planet Swans thinks)

The Official Sunderland FC Versus Swansea City Premier League Match Thread on 14:45 - May 13 with 2284 viewskarnataka

The Official Sunderland FC Versus Swansea City Premier League Match Thread on 14:01 - May 13 by Tummer_from_Texas

No changes from Everton.

[Post edited 13 May 2017 14:04]

Not surprised, it worked well last week so no need to change anything and we have options on the bench.
The Official Sunderland FC Versus Swansea City Premier League Match Thread on 14:50 - May 13 with 2235 viewsblueytheblue

The Official Sunderland FC Versus Swansea City Premier League Match Thread on 17:00 - May 12 by A_Fans_Dad

Is that one stupid program?
The "most" probable score is a draw based on 28%, whereas an away win is 32% and a home win is 40%.
Do they have their probability percentages backwards?

That moment when someone tries to claim maths is wrong yet shows their own knowledge is on a par with Dianne Abbott...

Poll: Alternate POTY final

The Official Sunderland FC Versus Swansea City Premier League Match Thread on 14:56 - May 13 with 2169 viewsoh_tommy_tommy

The Official Sunderland FC Versus Swansea City Premier League Match Thread on 14:50 - May 13 by blueytheblue

That moment when someone tries to claim maths is wrong yet shows their own knowledge is on a par with Dianne Abbott...

Right fu ck off blue

This is important

0-2 Swans

Poll: DO you support the uk getting involved in Syria

The Official Sunderland FC Versus Swansea City Premier League Match Thread on 15:01 - May 13 with 2115 viewsA_Fans_Dad

The Official Sunderland FC Versus Swansea City Premier League Match Thread on 14:50 - May 13 by blueytheblue

I suggest that you check out "Probability Percentage".

http://www.themathleague.com/index.php/about-the-math-league/mathreference?id=81

THe higher the number the more chance or likelyhood of it happening.
The Official Sunderland FC Versus Swansea City Premier League Match Day Thread on 15:06 - May 13 with 2031 viewsTummer_from_Texas

Stadium of Light sounds like Liberty North today!

POTY 2015
Poll: Biggest signing so far in January? (just curious what Planet Swans thinks)

The Official Sunderland FC Versus Swansea City Premier League Match Thread on 15:07 - May 13 with 2014 viewsblueytheblue

The Official Sunderland FC Versus Swansea City Premier League Match Thread on 15:01 - May 13 by A_Fans_Dad

I suggest that you check out "Probability Percentage".

http://www.themathleague.com/index.php/about-the-math-league/mathreference?id=81

THe higher the number the more chance or likelyhood of it happening.

Congratulations for grasping simple mathematics.

Now for the harder conceptual issue.

A draw can be 0-0, 1-1, 2-2, 3-3, 4-4 etc.
A home win can be 1-0, 2-0, 2-1, 3-0, 3-1, 3-2, 4-0, 4-1, 4-2, 4-3 etc.
An away win can be 0-1, 0-2, 1-2, 0-3, 1-3, 2-3, 0-4, 1-4, 2-4, 3-4 etc.

So using a simple sample set of possible scores, up to and including either / both side scoring 4 goals, can you see a simple explanation as to why 1-1 for example could be the highest probability single score yet an away win the highest probability category of result?

Back on topic, I'd say a 2-1 win to you. If Sunderland did win, I'd be livid if I was a fan of theirs that they only showed fight when down.

Poll: Alternate POTY final

The Official Sunderland FC Versus Swansea City Premier League Match Day Thread on 15:09 - May 13 with 1959 viewsZZoric

yesssss
The Official Sunderland FC Versus Swansea City Premier League Match Day Thread on 15:10 - May 13 with 1940 viewsmorningstar

yesssssssss!!!

Only winner of Planetswans Petulant Diva award.
Poll: Southampton home next. How many points

The Official Sunderland FC Versus Swansea City Premier League Match Day Thread on 15:10 - May 13 with 1940 viewsBournedore

Get in llorente!!!
The Official Sunderland FC Versus Swansea City Premier League Match Day Thread on 15:10 - May 13 with 1938 viewsSmellyplumz

Fooking magic

""Although I cannot promise or predict the future, I can guarantee one thing - the current board of directors will always fight, as we have done over the last 12 years, to work together as one with the Supporters Trust to make 100% sure that Swansea City football club remains the number one priority in all our thoughts and in every decision we make."
Poll: Huw Jenkins

The Official Sunderland FC Versus Swansea City Premier League Match Day Thread on 15:10 - May 13 with 1912 viewsLeonWasGod

Siggy and Llorente AGAIN!!

The Official Sunderland FC Versus Swansea City Premier League Match Thread on 15:10 - May 13 with 1909 viewsTummer_from_Texas

The Official Sunderland FC Versus Swansea City Premier League Match Thread on 03:28 - May 11 by Tummer_from_Texas

Interesting little nugget from the PL's fantasy football page.

POTY 2015

The Official Sunderland FC Versus Swansea City Premier League Match Day Thread on 15:10 - May 13 with 1901 viewsGroo

whohooo

Groo does what Groo does best

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024