Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Liberty Stadium - Safe Standing? 14:13 - Nov 29 with 6143 viewsBryanSwan

With the upcoming talks on safe standing coming back. What are peoples opinions on it?

I think it would be a great idea, would sort out having one area designated as standing as oppose to day trippers trying to sit in areas which are considered standing by the fans. Probably just implement it where people already stand.

Could really help the atmosphere.

Poll: When will Russell Martin no longer be Swansea manager?

Liberty Stadium - Safe Standing? on 18:28 - Dec 1 with 1141 viewsJBT95

Liberty Stadium - Safe Standing? on 18:26 - Dec 1 by Darran

Read my post again you div.

You do know that seating areas have been converted to standing areas across Europe?

Our club has been looking into doing this for a while, so not sure why you think it's never going to happen. It must be possible, physically and financially to do it or they wouldn't do it.
Liberty Stadium - Safe Standing? on 18:30 - Dec 1 with 1138 viewsDarran

Liberty Stadium - Safe Standing? on 18:28 - Dec 1 by JBT95

You do know that seating areas have been converted to standing areas across Europe?

Our club has been looking into doing this for a while, so not sure why you think it's never going to happen. It must be possible, physically and financially to do it or they wouldn't do it.

Yes I do but are the standing spaces slightly bigger in area than our current seated spaces?

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Liberty Stadium - Safe Standing? on 18:31 - Dec 1 with 1137 viewsJBT95

Liberty Stadium - Safe Standing? on 18:30 - Dec 1 by Darran

Yes I do but are the standing spaces slightly bigger in area than our current seated spaces?

I can't imagine Celtic Park having more room than the Liberty, the Liberty is pretty big as far as stadia leg room goes I'd say.

Anyone been to Celtic Park on here?
Liberty Stadium - Safe Standing? on 18:35 - Dec 1 with 1131 viewsDarran

Liberty Stadium - Safe Standing? on 18:31 - Dec 1 by JBT95

I can't imagine Celtic Park having more room than the Liberty, the Liberty is pretty big as far as stadia leg room goes I'd say.

Oh right.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Liberty Stadium - Safe Standing? on 18:37 - Dec 1 with 1129 viewsMurph75

Liberty Stadium - Safe Standing? on 18:31 - Dec 1 by JBT95

Yep that 60,000 stadium must be tiny compared to ours.
Liberty Stadium - Safe Standing? on 19:15 - Dec 1 with 1104 viewsDwightYorkeSuperstar

Liberty Stadium - Safe Standing? on 18:25 - Dec 1 by JBT95

Spending millions? It's only minor alterations. Celtic just did it to Celtic Park with no increase in capacity.
[Post edited 1 Dec 2016 18:26]

I'd imagine buying the materials, paying the construction company,acquiring the required safety certificates, the insurance costs, moving people around the stadium who don't want to stand etc will cost millions.

This is a club who spent millions on making a documentary that looks like it was made by a group of media studies students in college.

Poll: Should MP for Swansea East Carolyn Harris resign?

Liberty Stadium - Safe Standing? on 20:12 - Dec 1 with 1084 viewsDafyddHuw

Liberty Stadium - Safe Standing? on 18:30 - Dec 1 by Darran

Think it's 1-1 Dar.
Liberty Stadium - Safe Standing? on 07:28 - Dec 2 with 1047 viewsSwaneeRiver

I agree that there should be an area designated for safe standing, with one proviso.
That the stewards enforce the sitting policy elsewhere (especially in the Family Stand). Very inconsiderate when loads of men stand up in front of kids and old people. If they want to stand, then move to a less problematic area
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024