Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
well, that was compelling 22:16 - Jan 24 with 2826 viewsbasilrobbiereborn

It's hard to know where to start really. The first half was distinctly odd ; we creaked every time they threatened our box, but they couldn't get their one touch stuff going. We had two decent chances, took them both and even missed a third right at the end.

The second half defies description. The last thing we needed to do was concede early, but a missed challenge on the left let them in behind us and Parrish had no chance. What followed was capitulation, and there is no point in describing it otherwise. We were abject, they were very good and to be honest they looked like scoring every time they went over the half way line.

A number of things worried me. First, and foremost, the players, who just gave in after the equaliser. The front two took the second half off, none of them looked like professional athletes, and none of them competed like they were. Add in a manager who was still bringing all eleven back for corners when we were 5-2 down and you get the general picture.

We all deserve better than this. We're not daft, we knew that they would come at us hard in the second half. But most of us expected to see some fight and pride. We got neither.
[Post edited 24 Jan 2015 23:06]

Icon? It's all Rio Ferdinand's fault.
Blog: pause for breath

well, that was compelling on 22:20 - Jan 24 with 2815 viewsscratchingshed

Any positives from the game Bazbob?
well, that was compelling on 22:21 - Jan 24 with 2807 viewsbasilrobbiereborn

well, that was compelling on 22:20 - Jan 24 by scratchingshed

Any positives from the game Bazbob?

Well, I'm assuming you weren't there….

well, that was compelling on 22:59 - Jan 24 with 2755 viewsBISONS

well, that was compelling on 22:21 - Jan 24 by basilrobbiereborn

Well, I'm assuming you weren't there….

Every player Clark has asked for he's been allowed to bring in. Riga was allowed to bring in 2 of his players . Clark has taken us backwards but it's music to the ears of our owners who clearly need relegation to save their money.

Who do you blame for the state of our club?
well, that was compelling on 23:36 - Jan 24 with 2701 viewsPlumbs

well, that was compelling on 22:59 - Jan 24 by BISONS

Every player Clark has asked for he's been allowed to bring in. Riga was allowed to bring in 2 of his players . Clark has taken us backwards but it's music to the ears of our owners who clearly need relegation to save their money.

Who do you blame for the state of our club?

Bazbob answering neither question...

Real fans go to pubs like the HITW or the Welly

well, that was compelling on 23:48 - Jan 24 with 2689 viewsBISONS

well, that was compelling on 23:36 - Jan 24 by Plumbs

Bazbob answering neither question...

He's probably busy cleaning off oystons fingerprints..
well, that was compelling on 01:07 - Jan 25 with 2643 viewsdig4fire

"A number of things worried me"
yep... not quite going to plan is it?

"We're not daft"
Most of us aren't - you? Well four years on and your still not convinced it's all Karl's fault.
well, that was compelling on 02:47 - Jan 25 with 2620 viewscamberwell1

Thanks BRB
It takes some gall to do a match report on the back of that stomach full
I fear the lashing has just begun and they'll be more batterin G's to follow.

Whilst we still have a fan base we need to do something to save the club as it's going to be a permanent dodo by May.
well, that was compelling on 08:54 - Jan 25 with 2565 viewsCurryman

Your point about bringing all 11 players back for a corner is something I'e been saying for a while. If, when we clear a corner the ball comes staright back in to usfrom one of the opposing players. We are inviting opposition teams to attack us.

Think about the following,

If we put one man up front at corners they have to cover that man with a couple of defenders;
If we put two men up front they have to commit more defenders to cover the two;
Put three up front and it gives us a distinct numerical advantage at the corner and is likely to prevent the ball comoing straighty back at us if cleared.

The only problem is we need someone who can run a bit up front, yesterday we had two big lumps up front.

We have what must be the slowest forward line in the league, the slowest defence in the league and a midfield that can't keep up with either the forwards of the defence.

Love Blackpool, not the O's
Poll: Whi is responsiblke for our current mess?
Blog: Trust

Login to get fewer ads

well, that was compelling on 09:52 - Jan 25 with 2519 viewsscratchingshed

well, that was compelling on 08:54 - Jan 25 by Curryman

Your point about bringing all 11 players back for a corner is something I'e been saying for a while. If, when we clear a corner the ball comes staright back in to usfrom one of the opposing players. We are inviting opposition teams to attack us.

Think about the following,

If we put one man up front at corners they have to cover that man with a couple of defenders;
If we put two men up front they have to commit more defenders to cover the two;
Put three up front and it gives us a distinct numerical advantage at the corner and is likely to prevent the ball comoing straighty back at us if cleared.

The only problem is we need someone who can run a bit up front, yesterday we had two big lumps up front.

We have what must be the slowest forward line in the league, the slowest defence in the league and a midfield that can't keep up with either the forwards of the defence.

Must have been hard Wilf coming back north with all those Bradford fans?
well, that was compelling on 11:48 - Jan 25 with 2256 viewsCurryman

well, that was compelling on 09:52 - Jan 25 by scratchingshed

Must have been hard Wilf coming back north with all those Bradford fans?

It wasn't pleasant Scratchers, although most were kind and felt sotrry for me.

There was even a gent sitting next to me, a Southport supporter, who lives in Brighouse that knew all about the goings on at OystonFC and gave his commiserations. Then he let himself down by saying we'll probably be playing you in a couple of seasons. The truth hurts.

Love Blackpool, not the O's
Poll: Whi is responsiblke for our current mess?
Blog: Trust

well, that was compelling on 12:58 - Jan 25 with 2104 viewsOdinsRaven

well, that was compelling on 11:48 - Jan 25 by Curryman

It wasn't pleasant Scratchers, although most were kind and felt sotrry for me.

There was even a gent sitting next to me, a Southport supporter, who lives in Brighouse that knew all about the goings on at OystonFC and gave his commiserations. Then he let himself down by saying we'll probably be playing you in a couple of seasons. The truth hurts.

Good report that Robbie. Listened to second half on radio and was totally gobsmacked. Was amazed we scored two as well. When did we last do that in a game?
well, that was compelling on 13:39 - Jan 25 with 2042 viewsseasider13

Ive seen the second half goals, and we made Watford look like Real Madrid.

No man is rich enough to buy back his past.

well, that was compelling on 14:48 - Jan 25 with 1958 viewsWizaard

well, that was compelling on 13:39 - Jan 25 by seasider13

Ive seen the second half goals, and we made Watford look like Real Madrid.

Shocking second half, although we had warnings in the first half but managed to scrape the ball away. Once they got their range on the one two's we were destroyed by pace. When Peter Clarke is your quickest of the back three you know you're in trouble.For me, maybe two could come off the pitch and not be too ashamed.

Orlandi was looking like the player we thought we were signing with some good touches.

The keeper was maybe at fault with the second, but apart from that was left horribly exposed.

That's it.

The rest should query just why they're collecting a wage, as they certainly haven't earned it.

When you let in 7 in 40 minutes there are no positives. Whatever we did in the first half became irrelevant as we failed to adapt to their change of shape. First half, we looked better for the 352 shape as we were further up the field and consequently kept the ball better. Second half, they matched us for shape and were individually better to a man.

Clarke going off didn't help as we reverted to a 442 and lost out completely in the midfield, leaving them free to give and go, and more often than not, score.

It's a minor point given we let in 7, but their first goal saw the goalscorer offside twice, stepping over the ball to allow the winger in, and then running on offside to score. That first was crucial in that if we'd lasted a bit longer, it would have given something to cling to. As it was, we fell apart like a cheap watch.

Far too easy for them. We have to show some pride next week.
well, that was compelling on 16:10 - Jan 25 with 1853 viewsArchibaldKnox

It was compelling, was it? What will it compel you to do?
Bury your head in the sand again? Then if you can't see it, it will go away.
well, that was compelling on 16:13 - Jan 25 with 1846 viewsbasilrobbiereborn

well, that was compelling on 16:10 - Jan 25 by ArchibaldKnox

It was compelling, was it? What will it compel you to do?
Bury your head in the sand again? Then if you can't see it, it will go away.

Gentle self-deprecation obviously doesn't meet with your approval AK. Never mind.

well, that was compelling on 16:17 - Jan 25 with 1833 viewsArchibaldKnox

well, that was compelling on 16:13 - Jan 25 by basilrobbiereborn

Gentle self-deprecation obviously doesn't meet with your approval AK. Never mind.

Actually, I thought it was a succinct and accurate report of the events on the field.
You could have mentioned the shape where Watford found gaps everywhere. I think we are supposed to work on that on the training ground... Oh, sorry, I forgot...
well, that was compelling on 16:21 - Jan 25 with 1819 viewsbasilrobbiereborn

well, that was compelling on 16:17 - Jan 25 by ArchibaldKnox

Actually, I thought it was a succinct and accurate report of the events on the field.
You could have mentioned the shape where Watford found gaps everywhere. I think we are supposed to work on that on the training ground... Oh, sorry, I forgot...

So your problem was more with what I didn't write than what I did? I'm never likely to satisfy you in that case….

well, that was compelling on 16:39 - Jan 25 with 1793 viewsArchibaldKnox

well, that was compelling on 16:21 - Jan 25 by basilrobbiereborn

So your problem was more with what I didn't write than what I did? I'm never likely to satisfy you in that case….

Yes, succinct...
Definition: (Especially of something written or spoken) briefly and clearly expressed.

If it's brief, it cannot cover all aspects, as you rightly acknowledge.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024