Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Next two weeks are vital 17:01 - Oct 5 with 1373 viewsPNENIL

Full credit to Riga for organising and motivating the team thus far, but to have any chance this season we need to bring quality in before the Huddersfield game. We must keep the momentum going there before a little tough run of games.
Imo, Chris Eagles would be a good start, free agent, championship standard and the odd goal in him. He would certainly add something better to our team. Then a couple of loans to the transfer window that brings extra quality, particularly offensively. Its not asking for the world is it?
Oyston bashing aside, we must have room in the budget after the savings in the summer. Now is the time to start using it and we have two whole weeks to get players in. Otherwise nights like friday will happen once every ten games and we will be detached long before xmas. It needs to happen now surely?
[Post edited 5 Oct 2014 22:16]
Next two weeks is vital on 17:09 - Oct 5 with 1358 viewsWizaard

I think we need around four to give us the additional quality plus strength in depth we currently lack.

I hear that Eagles was approached, a deal agreed, then Riga has changed his mind on him. Maybe he has someone else in mind?

I also agree with you that the next fortnight would be ideal to bring them in to get them used to our way of playing etc. Too obvious a point? Probably. Watch this space a week on Friday...
Next two weeks is vital on 19:19 - Oct 5 with 1327 viewsHodderSeasider

Next two weeks is vital on 17:09 - Oct 5 by Wizaard

I think we need around four to give us the additional quality plus strength in depth we currently lack.

I hear that Eagles was approached, a deal agreed, then Riga has changed his mind on him. Maybe he has someone else in mind?

I also agree with you that the next fortnight would be ideal to bring them in to get them used to our way of playing etc. Too obvious a point? Probably. Watch this space a week on Friday...

I still think we need cover in at right back. I think McMahon is now on three bookings and may be needed for cover at centre half if Clarke continues to be absent. We are adequately covered at left back, as witnessed on Friday night, but Lundstrum is not the answer on the right. We are still missing an out and out goal scorer, someone who is a natural in the box and gets his shots off quickly!
Next two weeks is vital on 21:08 - Oct 5 with 1292 viewsspooner

Next two weeks is vital on 19:19 - Oct 5 by HodderSeasider

I still think we need cover in at right back. I think McMahon is now on three bookings and may be needed for cover at centre half if Clarke continues to be absent. We are adequately covered at left back, as witnessed on Friday night, but Lundstrum is not the answer on the right. We are still missing an out and out goal scorer, someone who is a natural in the box and gets his shots off quickly!

Agree with Hodder, although I've been informed, albeit by an unreliable source, that we'll be bringing in no-one else this year. We may have to do the best with what we've got, in which case, I wonder if we've enough strength in depth to make up the ground we've lost over the first quarter of the season.
This situation should never have been allowed to happen.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024