Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Grassroots Football Slowly Dying 21:56 - Jan 17 with 2727 viewsKathmandale

This has to be one of the most depressing things I've read in a long time. The bit that makes me most angry is, unsurprisingly, the figures about what the Premier League allows to trickle down.

http://www.theguardian.com/football/blog/2014/jan/17/grassroots-football-england
Grassroots Football Slowly Dying on 23:33 - Jan 17 with 2595 viewsdogboy

This is totally true grassroots football can be really ugly, I have a son who plays for a local team and I am becoming truly disillusioned with what is going on, I feel really sorry for my son's manager as he get's it from both the parents and the league organisation .

I am totally amazed at his commitment and make a special point of giving him positive support after every game and I often wonder that I should point him in the direction of running a rugby or lacrosse team where his enthusiasm would be appreciated and for all his efforts are truly appreciated and might make a difference into thinking that football is the only game that we can win at!!!!
Grassroots Football Slowly Dying on 11:36 - Jan 18 with 2451 views49thseason

I am coaching manager at Rochdale Lacrosse Club. We would welcome anyone who wants to play, coach or just watch or help with open arms!

I had a meeting with Link4life yesterday to try and figure out how we can develop a more substantial link from primary schools to secondary and through to clubs, maximising the use of faclities and developing a stronger coaching stucture for all sports at the same time.

I would be interested to speak to organisers of sports clubs throughout the Borough with a view to creating a steering body for the whole of sport in rochdale at all levels. The purpose would be to ensure that L4L's efforts are aligned to club and school requirements and that the numbers of voters involved in local sport could be galvanised to pressure the Council into making decisions than enable sport and fitness rather than inhibiting it.

Apparently there was an attempt to create a similar body a few years ago which failed because too few clubs we determined to make it work . But, that was before local government cut backs, I think the situation today is very different and you only have to look at this comparison to understand the importance of changing the culture in Rochdale . http://www.hmr.nhs.uk/attachments/article/81/jsnareport20112012.pdf
Over 60% of kids under 11 are physically active but only 12% of adults - depressing and probably causing Rochdale to have one of the lowest life expectacy rates in the country.

Please PM me if you think you can help

Cheers
49th
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024