Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Phil Edwards Departs 13:23 - Jun 4 with 12307 viewssandylaner1

http://www.rochdaleafc.co.uk/news/article/edwards-contract-853750.aspx

shame
Phil Edwards Departs on 17:38 - Jun 4 with 2584 viewssandylaner1

Phil Edwards Departs on 17:36 - Jun 4 by TVOS1907

Wouldn't surprise me if he turned up at bury.

Phil Edwards Departs on 18:01 - Jun 4 with 2526 viewsNotEyreClue

Big loss in my opinion but there's nothing we can do about it. Let's just hope KH can find some adequate replacements in defence.

The modern pioneer of mealy mouthed bollocks.

Phil Edwards Departs on 18:12 - Jun 4 with 2507 viewsRotherhamDale

Bog standard league 2 defender. Useful to have, but not a great miss. I don't think he's the sort of player to help us push on up the league.

Possession with progression.

Phil Edwards Departs on 18:39 - Jun 4 with 2470 viewsPassmondsBlue

Great News

There are lots better CB's who are bigger than 5'10"

Well done Hilly

Poll: Do yoy think sweetcorn is an idiot

Phil Edwards Departs on 19:26 - Jun 4 with 2409 viewsAtThePeake

Phil Edwards Departs on 18:39 - Jun 4 by PassmondsBlue

Great News

There are lots better CB's who are bigger than 5'10"

Well done Hilly

I'm not sure if you're a troll or not, but if so, we've got more than enough.

Tangled up in blue.

Phil Edwards Departs on 19:30 - Jun 4 with 2394 viewsPDIDDY

Phil Edwards Departs on 17:36 - Jun 4 by TVOS1907

Wouldn't surprise me if he turned up at bury.

Why would he turn up that circus at gigg lane? bury are the new Stockport county according to this board.

Gissa job

Phil Edwards Departs on 19:36 - Jun 4 with 2378 viewsolympicdale

Phil Edwards Departs on 18:12 - Jun 4 by RotherhamDale

Bog standard league 2 defender. Useful to have, but not a great miss. I don't think he's the sort of player to help us push on up the league.

a very underrated player in my eyes, we will miss him.

Life is a game of fate.

Phil Edwards Departs on 19:38 - Jun 4 with 2376 views442Dale

Think that Edwards would interest someone like Fleetwood who illustrated their need for quality experience at the back by making do with the likes of R.Edwards and welcomebacktoRobAtkinson at various points last season.

Edwards (P) was very effective at what he did and read the game well. Hill will have others in mind to take over who will no doubt be as equally competent, but I'm surprised anyone would be pleased to see him leave.

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Login to get fewer ads

Phil Edwards Departs on 19:42 - Jun 4 with 2366 viewsTalkingSutty

Phil Edwards Departs on 19:38 - Jun 4 by 442Dale

Think that Edwards would interest someone like Fleetwood who illustrated their need for quality experience at the back by making do with the likes of R.Edwards and welcomebacktoRobAtkinson at various points last season.

Edwards (P) was very effective at what he did and read the game well. Hill will have others in mind to take over who will no doubt be as equally competent, but I'm surprised anyone would be pleased to see him leave.

A decent centre half for his lack of inches, but one thats replaceable. I would like to see us add some real height and muscle to the defence next season though.
Phil Edwards Departs on 19:43 - Jun 4 with 2365 viewsSuddenLad

Wouldn't say I was 'pleased to see him leave' because he showed he could 'do a job' but he wasn't by any means outstanding, nor is he irreplaceable.

I'm sure there are better options available (or soon will be) who will be willing to come to Spotland and work under KH. It wouldn't surprise me if there aren't already a few 'possibles replacements' already lined up.

“It is easier to fool people, than to convince them that they have been fooled”

Phil Edwards Departs on 19:44 - Jun 4 with 2363 viewsPDIDDY

Phil Edwards Departs on 18:12 - Jun 4 by RotherhamDale

Push you up the league? You've had your 30 yr promotion, sit back and wait for the next one

Gissa job

Phil Edwards Departs on 19:56 - Jun 4 with 2334 viewsboromat

Edwards would have done a job for us next season a hard worker that did his defensive duties without being spectacular or standout. That said more excited by him leaving than disappointed. I'm hoping for one experienced tall centre back and one younger but with experience in the mens game.

Poll: What are we more excited for?

Phil Edwards Departs on 20:54 - Jun 4 with 2267 viewsRotherhamDale

Phil Edwards Departs on 19:44 - Jun 4 by PDIDDY

Push you up the league? You've had your 30 yr promotion, sit back and wait for the next one

'League' not 'Leagues' :)

An improvement from being distinctly average then, lets say.

Phil Edwards Departs on 21:02 - Jun 4 with 2253 viewsPDIDDY

Phil Edwards Departs on 20:54 - Jun 4 by RotherhamDale

'League' not 'Leagues' :)

An improvement from being distinctly average then, lets say.

Take your point, but BFC have had numerous promotions and of course relegation s in my years of supporting the great club. A week ago this board was thinking we where the next Stockport county, now you are starting to be a little jealous

Gissa job

Phil Edwards Departs on 21:05 - Jun 4 with 2242 viewsDaley_Lama

Phil Edwards Departs on 21:02 - Jun 4 by PDIDDY

Take your point, but BFC have had numerous promotions and of course relegation s in my years of supporting the great club. A week ago this board was thinking we where the next Stockport county, now you are starting to be a little jealous

If only we could afford a new armchair at Spotland, you are right, jealous as heck.

Poll: DF in or out

Phil Edwards Departs on 21:07 - Jun 4 with 2175 viewsRotherhamDale

Phil Edwards Departs on 21:02 - Jun 4 by PDIDDY

It's them conservatory things you have next to the dugouts, that's what we are jealous of.

Phil Edwards Departs on 21:15 - Jun 4 with 2154 viewsPDIDDY

Phil Edwards Departs on 21:07 - Jun 4 by RotherhamDale

It's them conservatory things you have next to the dugouts, that's what we are jealous of.

Won't be there in time, big plans for the ground, new exec boxes in the pipeline,prawn sandwich anyone?

Gissa job

Phil Edwards Departs on 21:25 - Jun 4 with 2130 viewsDaley_Lama

Phil Edwards Departs on 21:15 - Jun 4 by PDIDDY

Won't be there in time, big plans for the ground, new exec boxes in the pipeline,prawn sandwich anyone?

You're going to need them exec boxes for all of the local business men queueing up with £100,000 spare to chuck into the club (secured against the ground of course)

Is one of your Italian triallists Charlio Ponzi by any chance?

Phil Edwards Departs on 21:25 - Jun 4 with 2130 viewsPassmondsBlue

Phil Edwards Departs on 19:26 - Jun 4 by AtThePeake

I'm not sure if you're a troll or not, but if so, we've got more than enough.

ATP, I'm not a Troll, I've been to the majority of home games for the last 35 years and quite a few away games in my younger days

Just don't rate Phil Edwards and would have loved to have played against him, easy day for any big and fast centre forward me thinks.

Poll: Do yoy think sweetcorn is an idiot

Phil Edwards Departs on 21:42 - Jun 4 with 2092 viewsPDIDDY

Phil Edwards Departs on 21:25 - Jun 4 by Daley_Lama

You're going to need them exec boxes for all of the local business men queueing up with £100,000 spare to chuck into the club (secured against the ground of course)

Is one of your Italian triallists Charlio Ponzi by any chance?

You know that for a fact? Fu k the Italians, hungry young players who want to improve

Gissa job

Phil Edwards Departs on 21:52 - Jun 4 with 2080 viewsDaley_Lama

Phil Edwards Departs on 21:42 - Jun 4 by PDIDDY

You know that for a fact? Fu k the Italians, hungry young players who want to improve

Nope, I don't know any facts at all, football forums however are a great place for banter and suposition, I'm sure you would agree?

A bit like your fanbase really, apart from the jizzamatazz that is being spurted from Gigg Towers over the last 7 days.

Phil Edwards Departs on 22:01 - Jun 4 with 2060 viewsPDIDDY

Phil Edwards Departs on 21:52 - Jun 4 by Daley_Lama

Nope, I don't know any facts at all, football forums however are a great place for banter and suposition, I'm sure you would agree?

A bit like your fanbase really, apart from the jizzamatazz that is being spurted from Gigg Towers over the last 7 days.

At least there's a gigg towers to spout from. I have had some info and all is very interesting,new asst manager,the ground plans, how close we where to closing, etc. like I've said mid table will do me

Gissa job

Phil Edwards Departs on 22:09 - Jun 4 with 2044 viewsTVOS1907

Phil Edwards Departs on 19:30 - Jun 4 by PDIDDY

Why would he turn up that circus at gigg lane? bury are the new Stockport county according to this board.

He's been told he'll be playing alongside Bobby Moore.

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

Phil Edwards Departs on 22:13 - Jun 4 with 2033 viewsTVOS1907

Phil Edwards Departs on 21:42 - Jun 4 by PDIDDY

At least they'll have a shiny new reception area through which to enter the ground.

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

Phil Edwards Departs on 22:15 - Jun 4 with 2018 viewsDaley_Lama

Phil Edwards Departs on 22:01 - Jun 4 by PDIDDY

At least there's a gigg towers to spout from. I have had some info and all is very interesting,new asst manager,the ground plans, how close we where to closing, etc. like I've said mid table will do me

A knight on a white stallion stands out more if the background is painted as black as black can be.

Especially when he is holding the paintbrush.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024