Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Yes, this is the Sheffield Wednesday match thread 16:23 - Sep 12 with 59789 viewsDaBurgh

This international break week seems to have lasted a ridiculously long time. I guess because we finished on a high. Going on a late summer week's holiday on Saturday to Cap d'Agde on the French Mediterranean coast. Apparently it has a reputation of being the nudist, hedonistic capital of France, not only the beaches but some restaurants also are 'clothing optional'.
Hopefully I can watch the game before we go out for a meal, the evenings are getting a bit chilly so I'm hoping that I won't be put of my dim sum by some fat couple in thongs.
2 - 1 Rangers. Anderson and Cook.
[Post edited 12 Sep 16:58]
Yes, this is the Sheffield Wednesday match thread on 15:56 - Sep 14 with 2017 viewsHantsR

Yes, this is the Sheffield Wednesday match thread on 15:49 - Sep 14 by stainrods_elbow

Their player stops Dembele with a scissor 'tackle', and not even a talking-to! Just kill me now!

Earlier, he managed to stay on his feet when being pulled back, then when he was brought down he got nothing - a blatant dive said our part-time SW commentary.
Yes, this is the Sheffield Wednesday match thread on 15:56 - Sep 14 with 2015 viewsSpaceman_P

Also... has this gold kit replaced the black as the away... think I may have to buy the black shirt, cos it'll likely be a collectable due to no use.
Yes, this is the Sheffield Wednesday match thread on 15:56 - Sep 14 with 2008 viewscharmr

Thread last week talking about the experience of being there and on tv.

Fell asleep watching that on tv
Yes, this is the Sheffield Wednesday match thread on 15:56 - Sep 14 with 2002 viewsMalintabuk

Just joined the thread from here. Have we had a cull of centre halves?
Far be it for me to question the Marti but when I saw that team coming into the ground I was a little worried that we would get what we have got...pretty disjointed and not at all in the game
We have been shocking on the left, I'm not sure who is playing there, Madsen? Andersen? ...........if either then they are pretty sh!te at it.
The defensive as been pretty competent, well it is still 0-0 so they haven't done too much wrong.
The midfield is non existent, but that for me that is we are so weak on the left that there is little open for them.
And Frey is just not in it due to again no service
Surely Marti as got to change this and bring some width on. Don't really matter who he brings off, but must bring on Smyth and possibly Saito to liven us up
The only realy positive is how many games have we seen when a team creates the amount that SW......not took them and lose!!!
Yes, this is the Sheffield Wednesday match thread on 15:57 - Sep 14 with 1974 viewsnumptydumpty

Yes, this is the Sheffield Wednesday match thread on 15:33 - Sep 14 by StreathamRanger

Should have pushed harder to sign Hayden

😂😂😂😂😂😂

Walking in a "Mackie Wonderland"
Poll: Where will we finish next season ???

Yes, this is the Sheffield Wednesday match thread on 15:57 - Sep 14 with 1956 views1BobbyHazell

Thank f**k for that, made it to HT.

We and Marti have been thoroughly outdone, time for a change or 2 or at least some tactical shift.

I know he's a good wherever he plays but you have to have Dembele in the 10. Can get on the ball much more often and link up around the pitch. He's the one player who can take a ball with a defender on his back and comfortably keep it (and often beat the man too with a move or a neat pass). I used to feel the same way about Willock last year, always stuck out on the right, away from Chair, and often ineffective.

Dembele occasionally aside, no one has looked good but Santos is NOT a defender and that massive CB isn't remotely interested in getting out muscled by Frey.

Looking forward to seeing what Marti does.
Yes, this is the Sheffield Wednesday match thread on 15:58 - Sep 14 with 1924 viewscolinallcars

If we get a shot on target we'll have to hope Beadle bumbles it.
Yes, this is the Sheffield Wednesday match thread on 15:58 - Sep 14 with 1908 viewsderbyhoop

Very poor from us. Midfield non existent.
Frey is trying but there's nothing coming in as support.

SW have had nearly 60% possession, 9 attempts to our 2. Our only effort on target was a Fey header where a deflection took all the pace off the cross.

We're going to have to improve to get anything out of this.

You can see why Wednesday have struggled for goals; Couldn't hit a cow-s ass with a banjo
[Post edited 14 Sep 16:06]

Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the Earth all one’s lifetime. (Mark Twain) Find me on twitter @derbyhoop

Login to get fewer ads

Yes, this is the Sheffield Wednesday match thread on 16:01 - Sep 14 with 1789 viewsrbee

Great to get to half time unscathed. Now Marti will make some changes and win us the game.

For all their possession Wednesday don't look that great.
Yes, this is the Sheffield Wednesday match thread on 16:02 - Sep 14 with 1714 viewsstrikerace

Yes, this is the Sheffield Wednesday match thread on 16:01 - Sep 14 by rbee

Great to get to half time unscathed. Now Marti will make some changes and win us the game.

Agree Wednesday are not any good, lucky for us.
Yes, this is the Sheffield Wednesday match thread on 16:02 - Sep 14 with 1691 viewsstainrods_elbow

Considering, as he said himself, he's had two weeks with the squad, it's doubly unimpressive (if double of nothing makes sense)! What exactly has he been working on, because it looks like they've all been sunbathing.

You say the defence has done OK as it's 0-0, but that's mainly because Wednesday have been so wasteful. They've also given up 9 or 10 goal attempts, and by rights we should be, uh, bang to rights.

In the words of Howard Jones, things can only get better! OH yes, and I'd sub Colback for anyone just because of his crap attitude.
[Post edited 14 Sep 16:05]

Poll: How many points will we manage from our first 5 games with this squad?

Yes, this is the Sheffield Wednesday match thread on 16:02 - Sep 14 with 1694 viewsBurnleyhoop

The entire midfield have been shocking. Totally disjointed, no movement, awful passing, tackling, utterly clueless. Anderson, Field and Colback so bad it’s untrue. 5 in midfield and completely outplayed.

Major changes needed at half time. Cannot play like that in the second half or we will lose this without laying a glove on them. Sort it out Marti !!
Yes, this is the Sheffield Wednesday match thread on 16:03 - Sep 14 with 1656 viewsnumptydumpty

Yes, this is the Sheffield Wednesday match thread on 16:01 - Sep 14 by rbee

Their shooting has been dreadful, otherwise should be three nil ahead minimum

Time for the Second Half Marti backlash !!!

Walking in a "Mackie Wonderland"
Poll: Where will we finish next season ???

Yes, this is the Sheffield Wednesday match thread on 16:04 - Sep 14 with 1648 viewsA40Bosh

Yes, this is the Sheffield Wednesday match thread on 15:54 - Sep 14 by Spaceman_P

listening to the stream during half-time, these commentators are like listening to the snooker.

but just now a Sheff Wed fan just called in... had a good laugh

"Watching the game with my wife and her boyfriend".... very polyamorous up in Sheff.

I think he has finally decided who is Paal and who is Dunne and sticking to it.

There can’t be owt left in Sheffield as their X Account being read out ever 2 mins is someone else crowing about watching with kids in Nerja or Santorini or Belgium.

‘Ope school ‘ed teacher dunt fine uz fer takin’ bairns on holliers durint term time like

Poll: With no leg room, knees killing me, do I just go now or stay for the 2nd half o?

Yes, this is the Sheffield Wednesday match thread on 16:04 - Sep 14 with 1594 viewsVancouverHoop

On the plus side Wednesday fans can't be happy about their dominance yielding nothing in the way of goals.
Yes, this is the Sheffield Wednesday match thread on 16:05 - Sep 14 with 1560 viewsWilkinswatercarrier

Field off, knock I imagine. Smyth on.
Yes, this is the Sheffield Wednesday match thread on 16:06 - Sep 14 with 1538 viewsQuillPenRiot

Smyth on for Field, what are we playing?
Yes, this is the Sheffield Wednesday match thread on 16:07 - Sep 14 with 1462 views1BobbyHazell

Yes, this is the Sheffield Wednesday match thread on 16:05 - Sep 14 by Wilkinswatercarrier

Big ask of Madsen defensively to play alongside Colback. Could be even easier for them without Field.
Yes, this is the Sheffield Wednesday match thread on 16:07 - Sep 14 with 1423 viewsFDC

Dp
[Post edited 14 Sep 16:09]
Yes, this is the Sheffield Wednesday match thread on 16:08 - Sep 14 with 1374 viewsstainrods_elbow

On that evidence, it would be a big ask for anyone to play alongside Colback! Doesn't exactly radiate team-spiritedness and bonhomie, does he?

Poll: How many points will we manage from our first 5 games with this squad?

Yes, this is the Sheffield Wednesday match thread on 16:09 - Sep 14 with 1363 viewsDorse

Yes, this is the Sheffield Wednesday match thread on 16:05 - Sep 14 by Wilkinswatercarrier

Excellent. We need someone who plays like a glue-sniffing wasp with a grudge.

'What do we want? We don't know! When do we want it? Now!'

Yes, this is the Sheffield Wednesday match thread on 16:10 - Sep 14 with 1321 viewsDorse

Yes, this is the Sheffield Wednesday match thread on 16:07 - Sep 14 by FDC

Dp
[Post edited 14 Sep 16:09]

Filthy beast.

'What do we want? We don't know! When do we want it? Now!'

Yes, this is the Sheffield Wednesday match thread on 16:10 - Sep 14 with 1319 viewsCamberleyR

Yes, this is the Sheffield Wednesday match thread on 15:43 - Sep 14 by FDC

Wednesday comms pronouncing Frey as "Fry". Only came to pass on 42 minutes mind.

With him being Swiss German, pretty certain that's the correct German pronunciation. Glenn Frey of the Eagles pronounced his name to rhyme with 'cry'. The alternative German spelling would be Frei translating as 'free' which is definitely pronounced 'fry'.

Poll: Which is the worst QPR team?

Yes, this is the Sheffield Wednesday match thread on 16:10 - Sep 14 with 1293 viewsQuillPenRiot

Dembele needs to start in the middle, he’s a different player there and we are a different team
Yes, this is the Sheffield Wednesday match thread on 16:11 - Sep 14 with 1262 viewsVancouverHoop

We've got back-up commentary as well now,

Very close by Smyth
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024