Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Oasis reunion 09:23 - Aug 26 with 2348 viewsonehunglow

Ah well.
You’re re never as good as you were

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

Oasis reunion on 13:43 - Aug 26 with 1500 viewsWingstandwood

Nothing a nice sum of £50 million can't do when it comes to solving a bit of sibling rivalary and disagreement?

And the three other Sex Pistols members who had to arrange seperate travel arrangments to be kept away from Johnny Rotten before gigs. Well worth it in the end I guess?

ABBA was right with that song "Money, Money, Money" hey!

Argus!

Oasis reunion on 14:35 - Aug 26 with 1462 viewsonehunglow

Oasis reunion on 13:43 - Aug 26 by Wingstandwood

Nothing a nice sum of £50 million can't do when it comes to solving a bit of sibling rivalary and disagreement?

And the three other Sex Pistols members who had to arrange seperate travel arrangments to be kept away from Johnny Rotten before gigs. Well worth it in the end I guess?

ABBA was right with that song "Money, Money, Money" hey!

Yeah baby
Beatles were great but Oasis nit the best tribute band

Oasis reunion on 15:04 - Aug 26 with 1447 viewsWingstandwood

Oasis reunion on 14:35 - Aug 26 by onehunglow

Yeah baby
Beatles were great but Oasis nit the best tribute band

Always been an interesting subject regarding bands re-forming. I have always been of an opinion that everyone has a price, and thus money talks.

The fact that The Beatles never reformed as a four piece when Lennon was alive was intriguing.

Was it a case of they realised that the passage of time would increase future financial rewards and appeal, so a case of reforming at a more profitable time? Or was it a case that they had made enough money whilst royalties were still rolling in, and thus lacked the hunger to get back toghether anyhow? Or was it other reasons?

The Clash was another interesting one, because that band had a reputation for being “true to its cause” e.g. stuff like refusing to appear on Top Of The Pops? They used to go on about how skint they were? Was that for PR or to look cool?

I reckon that The Clash would have reformed, because the temptation of people chucking millions at them would have put personal enrichment way before Joe Strummer’s punk rock politics.

Argus!

Oasis reunion on 15:11 - Aug 26 with 1441 viewsonehunglow

Oasis reunion on 15:04 - Aug 26 by Wingstandwood

Always been an interesting subject regarding bands re-forming. I have always been of an opinion that everyone has a price, and thus money talks.

The fact that The Beatles never reformed as a four piece when Lennon was alive was intriguing.

Was it a case of they realised that the passage of time would increase future financial rewards and appeal, so a case of reforming at a more profitable time? Or was it a case that they had made enough money whilst royalties were still rolling in, and thus lacked the hunger to get back toghether anyhow? Or was it other reasons?

The Clash was another interesting one, because that band had a reputation for being “true to its cause” e.g. stuff like refusing to appear on Top Of The Pops? They used to go on about how skint they were? Was that for PR or to look cool?

I reckon that The Clash would have reformed, because the temptation of people chucking millions at them would have put personal enrichment way before Joe Strummer’s punk rock politics.

Cracking post Sir

Oasis reunion on 15:19 - Aug 26 with 1424 viewsunion_jack

There were probably a multitude of reasons the Beatles didn’t reform but they hadn’t played live since 1966 so a reunion would have meant playing live.

I don’t think they got on too well in later years either so they may have not been totally committed.

Plus, it’s usually for the money. No need for that in their case!

Are Sperm Whales the reason the sea is so salty?
Poll: Bony - Would You Want Him Back?

Oasis reunion on 15:22 - Aug 26 with 1419 viewsonehunglow

Oasis reunion on 15:19 - Aug 26 by union_jack

There were probably a multitude of reasons the Beatles didn’t reform but they hadn’t played live since 1966 so a reunion would have meant playing live.

I don’t think they got on too well in later years either so they may have not been totally committed.

Plus, it’s usually for the money. No need for that in their case!

George was very resentful at Macca belittling his role ,which is true.
George was very underrated as a musician and he could and do write great songs
Egos eh.

Oasis reunion on 15:22 - Aug 26 with 1419 viewsJoesus_Of_Narbereth

Lennon and McCartney were only on cordial relations again a few months before Lennon was killed. I’m almost certain they would have been involved in band aid.

Poll: We all dream of a managerial team of Alan Tates?

Oasis reunion on 15:23 - Aug 26 with 1419 viewsWhiterockin

Personally I feel that the four Beatles had musically moved so far apart they would never perform as "The Beatles" again. Eric Clapton tried for several charity events and was unsuccessful.
Login to get fewer ads

Oasis reunion on 20:35 - Aug 26 with 1188 viewsDr_Winston

Oasis reunion on 15:22 - Aug 26 by Joesus_Of_Narbereth

Lennon and McCartney were only on cordial relations again a few months before Lennon was killed. I’m almost certain they would have been involved in band aid.

Lennon and McCartney had made up by 1976 if stories are to be believed.

Saturday Night Live made a joke about offering the Beatles $3000 to reform, and apparently Lennon and McCartney were watching the show together in New York and seriously considered going down to the studio.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Oasis reunion on 01:24 - Aug 27 with 1122 viewsRobbie

Whats the Story is the throw away gag tonight it seems now .

Caught a bit of Tony Blackburns Golden Hour on the car radio earlier , good show .

If you want nonsense and rubbish jokes this is the place to listen , he enjoys it too .

Never took to BritPop Suede , Pulp and Blur , maybe Oasis were trying to change it all .
Oasis reunion on 13:23 - Aug 27 with 1013 viewsFlashberryjack

Oasis ? a great band with two horrible pr*cks .

Hello
Poll: Should the Senedd be Abolished

Oasis reunion on 13:25 - Aug 27 with 1009 viewsonehunglow

Oasis reunion on 13:23 - Aug 27 by Flashberryjack

Oasis ? a great band with two horrible pr*cks .

Overplayed the cheeky chappie working class council lads

Oasis reunion on 20:26 - Aug 27 with 922 viewsJoesus_Of_Narbereth

Oasis reunion on 01:24 - Aug 27 by Robbie

Whats the Story is the throw away gag tonight it seems now .

Caught a bit of Tony Blackburns Golden Hour on the car radio earlier , good show .

If you want nonsense and rubbish jokes this is the place to listen , he enjoys it too .

Never took to BritPop Suede , Pulp and Blur , maybe Oasis were trying to change it all .

See I wouldn’t have said I’m an oasis fan but whenever I hear their music it does transport me back to a magical time of my life in a way that very few other artists do,

Poll: We all dream of a managerial team of Alan Tates?

Oasis reunion on 20:40 - Aug 27 with 907 viewsWhiterockin

Oasis reunion on 20:26 - Aug 27 by Joesus_Of_Narbereth

See I wouldn’t have said I’m an oasis fan but whenever I hear their music it does transport me back to a magical time of my life in a way that very few other artists do,

That's what music does mate, any track I hear brings back memories.
Oasis reunion on 09:11 - Aug 28 with 742 viewsDr_Winston

I quite like a lot of Oasis songs. Oasis fans however are another story. I can remember them in the mid-90's, all wearing big overcoats, striding about like they'd just shat themselves, talking to each other in fake Manc accents (despite being from Swansea) and doing industrial levels of cocaine.

The idea of being in a crowd of 80,000 of them horrifies me. Mrs. Winston really wants to try and get tickets.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Oasis reunion on 09:17 - Aug 28 with 734 viewsjack247

Oasis reunion on 20:26 - Aug 27 by Joesus_Of_Narbereth

Absolutely. This is a nostalgia trip. I like their music, not big into gigs and never bothered to see them first time round. If I can get tickets for this, I’ll go.
Oasis reunion on 09:25 - Aug 28 with 732 viewsonehunglow

Well they certainly have generated some interest .
Millions loved them
Frankly,I’ve reinterpreted a few of their songs today on my piano and most come over well.The sign of a good tune .
Live Forever and Dont look back in Anger are good tunes as they have melody. Now sone might like this but it’s fact. Half a world away is brilliant .
Tunes are notes played together in a specific key that resonate with the listener . It’s why we hum,whistle or sing songs .
Technically Liam is awful but he vocalises brilliantly .
[Post edited 28 Aug 9:26]

Oasis reunion on 09:28 - Aug 28 with 718 viewslifelong

Oasis reunion on 09:17 - Aug 28 by jack247

Absolutely. This is a nostalgia trip. I like their music, not big into gigs and never bothered to see them first time round. If I can get tickets for this, I’ll go.

How much do you reckon tickets will cost? Did I hear it right last night that some Cardiff hotels are charging £800 a night for the nights they appear there?
Personally I wouldn’t go and watch them for free.
Oasis reunion on 09:36 - Aug 28 with 698 viewsjack247

Oasis reunion on 09:28 - Aug 28 by lifelong

How much do you reckon tickets will cost? Did I hear it right last night that some Cardiff hotels are charging £800 a night for the nights they appear there?

I’m out of touch with costs as live gigs aren’t my thing. I’m only really interested in this as it’s a bit of escapism back to my younger days, plus I do like their music.

Yeah we looked at Cardiff hotels yesterday. Some of the budget ones were over £500. Think Wembley is a better option depending on how late the tubes run.
Oasis reunion on 09:37 - Aug 28 with 696 viewsonehunglow

Hotels will be making the most if this
Tickets will be well onto four figures
My daughter and her husband looked at going to Cardiff to see the Stines
Hotels full and all charging outrageous prices
Airbnb too
Nearest rental was in Blackwood for a grand for two nights
They shoved it
It’s ludicrous but it’s the nauture of the beast

Oasis reunion on 10:20 - Aug 28 with 655 viewsLuther27

Oasis reunion on 09:28 - Aug 28 by lifelong

Yes….profiteering at its best. Mate of mine said Edinburgh hotels are up to £1500 a night. Hope they go bust personally speaking.

Blog: Grenfell Tower

Oasis reunion on 10:31 - Aug 28 with 638 viewsmangohilljack

Great band and quality gigs, can't wait to see them again
Oasis reunion on 10:32 - Aug 28 with 638 viewsonehunglow

Oasis reunion on 10:20 - Aug 28 by Luther27

Yes….profiteering at its best. Mate of mine said Edinburgh hotels are up to £1500 a night. Hope they go bust personally speaking.

People will also be making money out of tickets which will be hot stuff
It’s not being televised either ,increasing demand
Thirty years on,they will be nowhere near what they were
It’s sentiment ,driven by Noel’s divorce settlement .
That’s his second one
It’s costly being a tw@t

Oasis reunion on 10:35 - Aug 28 with 635 viewsmangohilljack

Oasis reunion on 10:20 - Aug 28 by Luther27

I wonder how they intend to kick the immigrants out first. Robbing bath tubs
[Post edited 28 Aug 10:35]
Oasis reunion on 10:37 - Aug 28 with 623 viewsmangohilljack

Oasis reunion on 10:32 - Aug 28 by onehunglow

People will also be making money out of tickets which will be hot stuff
It’s not being televised either ,increasing demand
Thirty years on,they will be nowhere near what they were
It’s sentiment ,driven by Noel’s divorce settlement .
That’s his second one
It’s costly being a tw@t

They'll be superb as per usual
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024