Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Your 19 years of memories 15:29 - Jul 23 with 1371 viewsKeithHaynes

Liberty as it was, opened 19 years ago today.

There’s the obvious ones of course, but any more leftfield ?

A great believer in taking anything you like to wherever you want to.
Blog: Do you want to start a career in journalism ?

Your 19 years of memories on 16:02 - Jul 23 with 1330 viewsRichardO

The wife picked me and the two childern after the first game the friendly against Fulham and said it sounded like a good time was had so the next game she came to the Blackburn game with friends, another family of four, she was enjoying the game so much when Blackburn scored just after half time she was up and cheering the goal not realising we had swapped ends. Luckily she was eight seats away. DOH!

Edited to correct predictive text change.
[Post edited 23 Jul 17:07]
Your 19 years of memories on 19:27 - Jul 23 with 1229 viewsunion_jack

Your 19 years of memories on 16:02 - Jul 23 by RichardO

The wife picked me and the two childern after the first game the friendly against Fulham and said it sounded like a good time was had so the next game she came to the Blackburn game with friends, another family of four, she was enjoying the game so much when Blackburn scored just after half time she was up and cheering the goal not realising we had swapped ends. Luckily she was eight seats away. DOH!

Edited to correct predictive text change.
[Post edited 23 Jul 17:07]

😂😂😂

Are Sperm Whales the reason the sea is so salty?
Poll: Bony - Would You Want Him Back?

Your 19 years of memories on 19:51 - Jul 23 with 1202 viewsFlashberryjack

Started going the Liberty with my grandson and his dad when it opened, after the first few games I decided to mark his height on the wall in the East stand and see how he progressed, he'd have been about 3ft odd at the time, he's now 6ft 1in now, and still renews his ST (only now he pays for it himself.

I brought some wonderful memories of the Vetch to the new stadium, and I've made many at our new home.

Hello
Poll: Should the Senedd be Abolished

Your 19 years of memories on 20:21 - Jul 23 with 1154 viewsfbreath

Your 19 years of memories on 19:51 - Jul 23 by Flashberryjack

Started going the Liberty with my grandson and his dad when it opened, after the first few games I decided to mark his height on the wall in the East stand and see how he progressed, he'd have been about 3ft odd at the time, he's now 6ft 1in now, and still renews his ST (only now he pays for it himself.

I brought some wonderful memories of the Vetch to the new stadium, and I've made many at our new home.

I bet he gets embarrassed every time you make him stand against the wall now that he’s older

We are the first Welsh club to reach the Premier League Simples

Your 19 years of memories on 20:26 - Jul 23 with 1147 viewsDr_Winston

Brian Tinnion sat alone, staring into the dark chasm of his own soul at approx 17:00 on 10th Sept 2005.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Your 19 years of memories on 21:44 - Jul 23 with 1090 viewsReslovenSwan1

Your 19 years of memories on 20:26 - Jul 23 by Dr_Winston

Brian Tinnion sat alone, staring into the dark chasm of his own soul at approx 17:00 on 10th Sept 2005.

Joel Cotterill's cousin scored a minor consolation for Bristol.

Wise sage since Toshack era

Your 19 years of memories on 08:46 - Jul 24 with 982 views1983

Made more stand out memories at the Vetch it's not just about the football it's the growing up the coming of age standing with your mates telling tall stories having a fag drinking under age in the pubs in the Sandfields then later on in life sneaking in under age at the Vetch.The ever changing fashion from Dr Martin boots to Adidas trainers. The scary moments against Cardiff...etc even Bognor Regis (Pompey) Curtis,Gilligan,Molby,Trundle...etc
The big FA Cup games Liverpool West Ham everyone squeezing into the Vetch. Swansea.com stadium is just where we play (the name just tells you everything about SCFC now) But our home will always be The Sandfields and The Vetch Field.

Your 19 years of memories on 09:10 - Jul 24 with 970 viewsJust_Dave

I remember going in there with my mate before it opened to choose our seats. The club had given us stickers to put on them to reserve them. It just seemed huge compared to the Vetch, I said to my mate we'll never fill this place. Still got the same seats.
Login to get fewer ads

Your 19 years of memories on 09:34 - Jul 24 with 942 viewsWhiterockin

Your 19 years of memories on 09:10 - Jul 24 by Just_Dave

I remember going in there with my mate before it opened to choose our seats. The club had given us stickers to put on them to reserve them. It just seemed huge compared to the Vetch, I said to my mate we'll never fill this place. Still got the same seats.

Exactly the same. Went with friends and over the years made new friends and again over the years some have sadly departed. Seen the highs here but no real lows. It will never replace the vetch in my heart, but without coming to the Liberty we would have got to the promised land. A sacrifice worth making probably. I wonder what people will be posting about the stadium 20 years from now.
Your 19 years of memories on 10:10 - Jul 24 with 921 viewsonehunglow

Just sad to recall people who have died since it opened
One died after a Reading game and it's a fixture that resonates strongly with me
19 yrs
Dear Lord

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

Your 19 years of memories on 10:34 - Jul 24 with 887 viewsvetchonian

The sight of my Dads scarf on his empty seat the first home match after he died and then crying on the last home game that season as we had finished as winners of Lg 1 promoted and he had missed it

Poll: Will CCFC win a game this season?

Your 19 years of memories on 10:48 - Jul 24 with 879 viewsraynor94

Your 19 years of memories on 10:34 - Jul 24 by vetchonian

The sight of my Dads scarf on his empty seat the first home match after he died and then crying on the last home game that season as we had finished as winners of Lg 1 promoted and he had missed it

Sorry to hear that, it must have been an emotional roller-coaster

You give it out, you take it back it`s all part of the game
Poll: Happy to see Martin go

Your 19 years of memories on 11:08 - Jul 24 with 862 viewsvetchonian

Your 19 years of memories on 10:48 - Jul 24 by raynor94

Sorry to hear that, it must have been an emotional roller-coaster

It was and still is....but hey ho life goes on and Im sure mnay of us have similar attachments

Poll: Will CCFC win a game this season?

Your 19 years of memories on 11:53 - Jul 24 with 832 viewsDoubeDoube

Your 19 years of memories on 08:46 - Jul 24 by 1983

Made more stand out memories at the Vetch it's not just about the football it's the growing up the coming of age standing with your mates telling tall stories having a fag drinking under age in the pubs in the Sandfields then later on in life sneaking in under age at the Vetch.The ever changing fashion from Dr Martin boots to Adidas trainers. The scary moments against Cardiff...etc even Bognor Regis (Pompey) Curtis,Gilligan,Molby,Trundle...etc
The big FA Cup games Liverpool West Ham everyone squeezing into the Vetch. Swansea.com stadium is just where we play (the name just tells you everything about SCFC now) But our home will always be The Sandfields and The Vetch Field.

Sorry mate, i think the op wanted memories of new stadium
Your 19 years of memories on 12:55 - Jul 24 with 774 viewsKeithHaynes

Bloke pushing his wheelchair in a jog five minutes before kick off for Liverpool home last game of the season. As he gets closer his mate joins him, the guy pushing the wheelchair hops in and off they go. Swans won 1-0.

A great believer in taking anything you like to wherever you want to.
Blog: Do you want to start a career in journalism ?

Your 19 years of memories on 14:58 - Jul 24 with 692 views1983

Your 19 years of memories on 11:53 - Jul 24 by DoubeDoube

Sorry mate, i think the op wanted memories of new stadium

Memories of the new stadium is my last sentence it's not for me
[Post edited 24 Jul 14:58]

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024