Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Luke Williams post Bristol Rovers 22:07 - Jul 19 with 3878 viewsKeithHaynes

A great believer in taking anything you like to wherever you want to.
Blog: Do you want to start a career in journalism ?

Luke Williams post Bristol Rovers on 22:20 - Jul 19 with 2297 viewstheloneranger

Everyday above ground ... Is a good day! 😎

Luke Williams post Bristol Rovers on 22:22 - Jul 19 with 2290 viewstheloneranger

First half XI: Fisher, Cabango, Lissah, Key, Tymon, Grimes, Fulton, Cooper, Abdulai, Eom, Cullen.

Subs: Broome, Lloyd, Smith, Dabrowski

Second half XI: Broome, Pedersen, Tjoe-A-On, D. Watts, Dabrowski, Cotterill, Franco, Lloyd, Abdulai, Smith, Thomas.

Luke Williams post Bristol Rovers on 01:48 - Jul 20 with 2152 viewsKeithHaynes

Luke Williams post Bristol Rovers on 22:22 - Jul 19 by theloneranger

First half XI: Fisher, Cabango, Lissah, Key, Tymon, Grimes, Fulton, Cooper, Abdulai, Eom, Cullen.

Subs: Broome, Lloyd, Smith, Dabrowski

Second half XI: Broome, Pedersen, Tjoe-A-On, D. Watts, Dabrowski, Cotterill, Franco, Lloyd, Abdulai, Smith, Thomas.

That second half side (60 mins) tells a story.

A great believer in taking anything you like to wherever you want to.
Blog: Do you want to start a career in journalism ?

Luke Williams post Bristol Rovers on 06:17 - Jul 20 with 2093 viewsFireboy2

Luke Williams post Bristol Rovers on 01:48 - Jul 20 by KeithHaynes

That second half side (60 mins) tells a story.

Yep, Williams has been told there are no more signings and to blood the youngsters.
Luke Williams post Bristol Rovers on 06:38 - Jul 20 with 2075 viewsWhiterockin

Luke Williams post Bristol Rovers on 06:17 - Jul 20 by Fireboy2

Yep, Williams has been told there are no more signings and to blood the youngsters.

Abdulai played both half's the only player, the future?
Luke Williams post Bristol Rovers on 07:38 - Jul 20 with 1998 viewstheloneranger

Swansea City’s new signings made their first pre-season outings as Luke Williams’ squad continued preparations for the new campaign with a pair of hour-long games against Bristol Rovers at Fairwood.

The Swans – who saw Eom Ji-sung and Goncalo Franco get important minutes under their belts - had led through Matt Grimes’ second penalty of pre-season inside two minutes, but Scott Sinclair struck a brace against his former club for the visitors in the first game.

The second hour saw a youthful Swansea side have the better of proceedings and they got their reward when Josh Thomas guided home the only goal.

The Swans had got off to a confident start, with Ollie Cooper being fouled as he surged into the area and Grimes converting with authority from the spot.

But the Gas were level seven minutes later when Sinclair was able to work room for a shot and his left-footed strike flew into the top corner.

Eom sent a looping header over the bar a few minutes later, before Josh Key sent a drive rising over the bar from the South Korea international’s lay-off.

At the other end, Andy Fisher made a good save to keep out a firm low drive before Key dragged wide after being found by an intelligent ball into the channel.

The Swans thought they had restored their lead when Liam Cullen turned in Azeem Abdulai’s cross just before the conclusion of the first hour, but the offside flag was belatedly raised.

Instead the visitors found the net when Sinclair finished at the second attempt.

Franco was unable to turn in a Ben Lloyd cross early in the second period, while the Portuguese showed good footwork and distribution to find Sam Parker in space, but the youngster saw his shot blocked.

Parker then narrowly failed to pick out Thomas in the middle after excellent work by Joel Cotterill, while – at the other end – Evan Watts made a sharp low save.

And Watts then had a hand in the breakthrough as his fine ball over the top found the run of Thomas, who calmly steered the ball beyond the advancing keeper.

Swansea City (first hour): Andy Fisher, Ben Cabango, Filip Lissah, Josh Key, Josh Tymon, Matt Grimes, Jay Fulton, Ollie Cooper, Azeem Abdulai, Eom Ji-sung, Liam Cullen. Subs: Nathan Broome, Ben Lloyd, Liam Smith, Sebastian Dabrowski.

Swansea City (second hour): Nathan Broome, Kristian Pedersen, Nathan Tjoe-A-On, Dan Watts, Sebastian Dabrowski, Joel Cotterill, Goncalo Franco, Ben Lloyd, Azeem Abdulai, Liam Smith, Josh Thomas. Subs: Evan Watts, Sam Parker, Harry Darling.

https://www.swanseacity.com/news/report-swansea-city-2-bristol-rovers-2

Luke Williams post Bristol Rovers on 07:44 - Jul 20 with 1987 viewsraynor94

That's shocking where did you hear that

You give it out, you take it back it`s all part of the game
Poll: Happy to see Martin go

Luke Williams post Bristol Rovers on 08:04 - Jul 20 with 1957 viewsWhiterockin

Surely not, anyone with an ounce of common sense can see we need a keeper and a number 9 as a minimum. Saying that when have our owners ever applied common sense and footballing knowledge.

On the other hand if as has been said, they have cleared the debts and balanced the books to get out, I would probably take a close of business this window.
Login to get fewer ads

Luke Williams post Bristol Rovers on 08:53 - Jul 20 with 1898 viewsQJumpingJack

depressing if true.

we need about 5-6 additional quality signings added to this squad. I would say that is a minimum.

and Watson has to learn from the mistakes of last Summer - not panic signing in the last week of the window.
Luke Williams post Bristol Rovers on 09:39 - Jul 20 with 1822 viewsunion_jack

Luke Williams post Bristol Rovers on 07:44 - Jul 20 by raynor94

That's shocking where did you hear that

Just an assumption I’d say on Fireboy’s part but based on seasons gone by.

If we don’t get a keeper at the very least, we have issues. I’m absolutely confident that we will and a CF. Probably loans though.

Where is Ginnelly?

Are Sperm Whales the reason the sea is so salty?
Poll: Bony - Would You Want Him Back?

Luke Williams post Bristol Rovers on 09:42 - Jul 20 with 1817 viewsraynor94

Luke Williams post Bristol Rovers on 09:39 - Jul 20 by union_jack

Just an assumption I’d say on Fireboy’s part but based on seasons gone by.

If we don’t get a keeper at the very least, we have issues. I’m absolutely confident that we will and a CF. Probably loans though.

Where is Ginnelly?

I wondered about Ginnelly, agree think there will be loans

Luke Williams post Bristol Rovers on 10:08 - Jul 20 with 1773 viewsFireboy2

Dont worry fellas, it's an assumption on what keef said about the second half side.

I think williams been told that it is unlikely that he will get new players in and he's been told to blood the youngsters.
Luke Williams post Bristol Rovers on 10:09 - Jul 20 with 1774 viewsmax936

Luke Williams post Bristol Rovers on 09:42 - Jul 20 by raynor94

I wondered about Ginnelly, agree think there will be loans

Loans are short term thinking, need to build a squad of Swansea City players, 11 players off the books and 2 signed so far and the squad that took part yesterday weren't capable of even beating Bristol Rovers.

I appreciate that these games are experimental and work on game tactic's but still its a worry!

Poll: Will it Snow this coming Winter

Luke Williams post Bristol Rovers on 10:14 - Jul 20 with 1747 viewsDr_Winston

The second half side to me suggests that Abdulai is very much part of his thinking, but few others in it (Franco & Darling aside) are. Nothing more.

He may even be looking to see how Abdulai connects with different partners in the side.
[Post edited 20 Jul 10:27]

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Luke Williams post Bristol Rovers on 11:00 - Jul 20 with 1676 viewsvetchonian

Or Luke doesn't see Franco as a first choice player.....interesting he played Grimes and Fulton who he has seen together in a match before and did not include Franco on that first half....
Sometimes people's try to read too much into these things.

Poll: Will CCFC win a game this season?

Luke Williams post Bristol Rovers on 11:08 - Jul 20 with 1641 viewsFireboy2

Luke Williams post Bristol Rovers on 11:00 - Jul 20 by vetchonian

Or Luke doesn't see Franco as a first choice player.....interesting he played Grimes and Fulton who he has seen together in a match before and did not include Franco on that first half....

The second half team was experimental, the youngsters are getting more gametime than normal, I totally expect franco to be in the starting 11 at boro.
Luke Williams post Bristol Rovers on 11:13 - Jul 20 with 1632 viewsvetchonian

Luke Williams post Bristol Rovers on 10:09 - Jul 20 by max936

Loans are short term thinking, need to build a squad of Swansea City players, 11 players off the books and 2 signed so far and the squad that took part yesterday weren't capable of even beating Bristol Rovers.

I appreciate that these games are experimental and work on game tactic's but still its a worry!

I agrees about loans Max...but I don't think too much could be made if the result yesterday....in all seriousness do you think we would end up putting a side such as that in the second half in the Championship.
Key playersmlike Ronald missing yesterday and I'm sire with Franco in too we would be stronger.
These games are about assessing different things and in reality the best way is too play a good combination of experienced and young players ....and even though was some experience onnthat second team how often have they all played together?
Pre season games don't always tell the story

Luke Williams post Bristol Rovers on 11:30 - Jul 20 with 1617 viewsmax936

Luke Williams post Bristol Rovers on 11:13 - Jul 20 by vetchonian

I agrees about loans Max...but I don't think too much could be made if the result yesterday....in all seriousness do you think we would end up putting a side such as that in the second half in the Championship.
Key playersmlike Ronald missing yesterday and I'm sire with Franco in too we would be stronger.
These games are about assessing different things and in reality the best way is too play a good combination of experienced and young players ....and even though was some experience onnthat second team how often have they all played together?
Pre season games don't always tell the story

I was on about what we have has a squad in the main,

"These games are about assessing different things and in reality the best way is too play"

I alluded to that in my post!

Poll: Will it Snow this coming Winter

Luke Williams post Bristol Rovers on 11:34 - Jul 20 with 1608 viewsgrabsplatter

The first couple of pre season games are mainly about fitness.
Luke Williams post Bristol Rovers on 11:41 - Jul 20 with 1600 viewstheloneranger

Luke Williams post Bristol Rovers on 11:51 - Jul 20 with 1567 viewsraynor94

Luke Williams post Bristol Rovers on 11:00 - Jul 20 by vetchonian

Which you have just done

Luke Williams post Bristol Rovers on 12:15 - Jul 20 with 1521 viewspencoedjack

Scott Sinclair scored a brace if he was still shacked up with Helen Flanagan I’d sign him.
Luke Williams post Bristol Rovers on 12:41 - Jul 20 with 1501 viewsjack247

Luke Williams post Bristol Rovers on 10:08 - Jul 20 by Fireboy2

Dont worry fellas, it's an assumption on what keef said about the second half side.

I think williams been told that it is unlikely that he will get new players in and he's been told to blood the youngsters.

If this actually turns out to be the case, then Franco and Eom aren’t the best use of the funds we had. They may be great players, but we’ve got

1 keeper - Fisher
1 striker - Cullen
2 centre backs - Darling, Cabango

I know we’ve got the likes of Naughton who can cover and maybe Josh Thomas this season, but those positions should all be higher priority than DM and winger.
Luke Williams post Bristol Rovers on 12:47 - Jul 20 with 1480 viewsjack247

Luke Williams post Bristol Rovers on 10:09 - Jul 20 by max936

Loans are fine but they have to improve the starting eleven.

We’d all take Rushworth for another season. Same could be said about Guehi, Gallagher, Brewster etc at the time. We’re putting ourselves at a disadvantage to teams that improve their first teams this way if we don’t.

Obviously the ones that don’t work like Sorinola and Ashby, or worst of all Conor Hourihane, I agree are a waste of time and a drain on resources.
Luke Williams post Bristol Rovers on 13:12 - Jul 20 with 1448 viewsvetchonian

Luke Williams post Bristol Rovers on 11:51 - Jul 20 by raynor94

Which you have just done

Not really I was offering a different assumption to show how silly bit can be making assumptions

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024