Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
What do we do with Jerry 09:43 - Jan 14 with 7716 viewsonehunglow

Any ideas
Are we to wait until he comes good,gets confidence,fit ?
Or simply accept the folly of his signing and keep him benched or loan him to somebody .
We can’t go on with just Lowe as a striker and the Ukrainian nowhere in the reckoning .

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

What do we do with Jerry on 12:15 - Jan 15 with 1266 viewsonehunglow

What do we do with Jerry on 11:49 - Jan 15 by Whiterockin

How is Michael Obafemi doing.

Not as well as Whittaker

What do we do with Jerry on 12:19 - Jan 15 with 1255 viewsonehunglow

What do we do with Jerry on 11:00 - Jan 15 by jack247

You’re not eminent in this discussion, you misunderstood a correctly phrased sentence and tried to be clever about it. I just clarified.

As it happens, going to games helps you notice players going through the motions instead or putting a shift in. You’re right though, it’s not about that. Was there any reason for introducing attendance to the thread?

Soz I meant pre eminent
You were not clarifying at all
Now back to topic
Are fans allowed a comment notwithstanding they live 8 hour round trip to go
Cameras do not much much and give a wider view of a game

What do we do with Jerry on 12:28 - Jan 15 with 1238 viewsjack247

What do we do with Jerry on 12:19 - Jan 15 by onehunglow

Soz I meant pre eminent
You were not clarifying at all
Now back to topic
Are fans allowed a comment notwithstanding they live 8 hour round trip to go
Cameras do not much much and give a wider view of a game

Clarifying, simplifying, explaining….much of a muchness.

Since when has that been the topic? I thought it was Jerry Yates.
What do we do with Jerry on 12:30 - Jan 15 with 1227 viewsonehunglow

What do we do with Jerry on 12:28 - Jan 15 by jack247

Clarifying, simplifying, explaining….much of a muchness.

Since when has that been the topic? I thought it was Jerry Yates.

I'm in a cafe with my dog right now and using up my data
Think we're done for now

What do we do with Jerry on 12:39 - Jan 15 with 1207 viewsjack247

What do we do with Jerry on 12:30 - Jan 15 by onehunglow

I'm in a cafe with my dog right now and using up my data
Think we're done for now

Eleven minutes after wanting to get back on topic.
What do we do with Jerry on 22:23 - Jan 15 with 1062 viewsReslovenSwan1

Jerry is not showing Swansea fans what he is capable of for some reason. Luke Williams will need to find out what the problem is. He was loved at Blackpool in the same league. Another Whittaker?

Wise sage since Toshack era

What do we do with Jerry on 09:01 - Jan 16 with 982 viewsYrAlarch

What do we do with Jerry on 22:23 - Jan 15 by ReslovenSwan1

Jerry is not showing Swansea fans what he is capable of for some reason. Luke Williams will need to find out what the problem is. He was loved at Blackpool in the same league. Another Whittaker?

Certainly another Steve Watkin, in my opinion. Can't make an effective aerial challenge, can't hold the ball up, overrated.
I assume you are old enough to remember him.
What do we do with Jerry on 11:01 - Jan 16 with 958 viewsangryjack

What do we do with Jerry on 09:01 - Jan 16 by YrAlarch

Certainly another Steve Watkin, in my opinion. Can't make an effective aerial challenge, can't hold the ball up, overrated.
I assume you are old enough to remember him.

Steve Watkins was a better player than Jerry...at least Steve could have a touch lay it off and sometimes get on end things,,jerry yates can't do anything,..another Stewart phillips
Login to get fewer ads

What do we do with Jerry on 12:54 - Jan 16 with 922 viewsjasper_T

What do we do with Jerry on 22:23 - Jan 15 by ReslovenSwan1

Yates has already played twice as much football for us as Whittaker did in the 3 seasons he was here. Difficult comparison to make. When Yates was Whittaker's age he was struggling to break through at Rotherham not lighting up the Championship. He's in his prime years, has been given ample opportunities, and can't do the basics up front to help his team.
What do we do with Jerry on 13:30 - Jan 16 with 900 viewsonehunglow

What do we do with Jerry on 12:54 - Jan 16 by jasper_T

Yates has already played twice as much football for us as Whittaker did in the 3 seasons he was here. Difficult comparison to make. When Yates was Whittaker's age he was struggling to break through at Rotherham not lighting up the Championship. He's in his prime years, has been given ample opportunities, and can't do the basics up front to help his team.

Basically,Whittaker has obvious quality ,or T least it should be obvious

What do we do with Jerry on 15:33 - Jan 16 with 854 viewsReslovenSwan1

Jerry was loved at Blackpool and was very reliable goalscorer . He is not loved in Swansea but is still scoring with no penalties.

"If it ain't broke do not fix it". The reverse of this it if it is broke fix it.

Swansea have had some real good strikers of late and not worked to get them firing. Gyorkeres is talked about at £60m. Whitaker £15m these days. Tremendous statistics.

Gyorkeres Whitaker Yates. Unloved at Swansea brilliant everywhere else. Now Fletcher 17 goals and sent back. This is a team that is determined to be unsuccessful and cash straped.

No substitute for hard work. Making players good, especially strikers, is good business and good on the field as well.

Swansea are not flush with cash so have to make the best of what they have and that includes Yates.
[Post edited 16 Jan 15:35]

What do we do with Jerry on 16:36 - Jan 16 with 825 viewsonehunglow

What do we do with Jerry on 15:33 - Jan 16 by ReslovenSwan1

Jerry was loved at Blackpool and was very reliable goalscorer . He is not loved in Swansea but is still scoring with no penalties.

"If it ain't broke do not fix it". The reverse of this it if it is broke fix it.

Swansea have had some real good strikers of late and not worked to get them firing. Gyorkeres is talked about at £60m. Whitaker £15m these days. Tremendous statistics.

Gyorkeres Whitaker Yates. Unloved at Swansea brilliant everywhere else. Now Fletcher 17 goals and sent back. This is a team that is determined to be unsuccessful and cash straped.

No substitute for hard work. Making players good, especially strikers, is good business and good on the field as well.

Swansea are not flush with cash so have to make the best of what they have and that includes Yates.

Swansea

What do we do with Jerry on 17:00 - Jan 16 with 812 viewsKeithHaynes

What do we do with Jerry on 15:33 - Jan 16 by ReslovenSwan1

With a hierarchy who don’t seem to be able to learn from their mistakes.

A great believer in taking anything you like to wherever you want to.
Blog: Do you want to start a career in journalism ?

What do we do with Jerry on 09:33 - Jan 17 with 715 viewssw02sea

What springs to mind with Yates, with no matter how many people say…”He doesn’t get the right service” is….“You can’t polish a turd”
When all the smoke and mirrors transfer talk from Coleman dies down, we’ll be left with Him, Cullen (unless they sell him) Lowe, and the untried Kuharevich.
Unless of course, you actually believe what he says ~~>

Speaking to the BBC, Coleman said: "We have spent hours upon hours preparing for this window. The work has been in place for quite a few months now. I think there is always a need to strengthen any squad, regardless of where you are - any position in any table”
What do we do with Jerry on 10:06 - Jan 17 with 700 viewsjack247

What do we do with Jerry on 09:33 - Jan 17 by sw02sea

What springs to mind with Yates, with no matter how many people say…”He doesn’t get the right service” is….“You can’t polish a turd”
When all the smoke and mirrors transfer talk from Coleman dies down, we’ll be left with Him, Cullen (unless they sell him) Lowe, and the untried Kuharevich.

Speaking to the BBC, Coleman said: "We have spent hours upon hours preparing for this window. The work has been in place for quite a few months now. I think there is always a need to strengthen any squad, regardless of where you are - any position in any table”

I think there’s an element of both here.

He definitely hasn’t had the right service.

At the same time, the opportunities he has had, he’s shown he can finish, but very little else apart from endeavour. He’s even missed a few chances you would expect him to put away lately.

As others have said, his goal return looks ok on paper, but if you’re not contributing anything else, apart from making runs and harassing defenders, it probably needs to be higher.

We need to see if he can cut it with Williams’ style of play, which involves getting a lot more bodies in opposition final thirds, which should make him harder to mark and give him more opportunities. If he doesn’t come good, then I’ll start to agree with the people who wrote him off after a couple of games.
What do we do with Jerry on 10:23 - Jan 17 with 686 viewsonehunglow

What do we do with Jerry on 09:33 - Jan 17 by sw02sea

Impressive talk not supported by action

What do we do with Jerry on 10:56 - Jan 17 with 671 viewsangryjack

What do we do with Jerry on 10:06 - Jan 17 by jack247

I think there’s an element of both here.

He definitely hasn’t had the right service.

At the same time, the opportunities he has had, he’s shown he can finish, but very little else apart from endeavour. He’s even missed a few chances you would expect him to put away lately.

As others have said, his goal return looks ok on paper, but if you’re not contributing anything else, apart from making runs and harassing defenders, it probably needs to be higher.

We need to see if he can cut it with Williams’ style of play, which involves getting a lot more bodies in opposition final thirds, which should make him harder to mark and give him more opportunities. If he doesn’t come good, then I’ll start to agree with the people who wrote him off after a couple of games.

He's had service the balls been there but he hasn't.. piroe wasn't detting a lot of service same as Lowe don't,but the difference with them they can make their own chances ,drop off be intelligent create things themselves he can't do anything,like I said in another thread,that Lowe goal Saturday, no way would jerry had scored that,Lowe was on his toes making the run to get in front of his man before the cross came,,he made the service as much as the ball player made the service,,there was a similar one ro jerry later on but he never got there as 1.he was hesitant and made the run after cross and 2,had one eye on the keeper clattering him..so the service ain't all about the player giving the ball.the reciever also makes the service good service,and sorry yates movement and intelligence ain't there
What do we do with Jerry on 11:07 - Jan 17 with 654 viewsonehunglow

What do we do with Jerry on 10:56 - Jan 17 by angryjack

He's had service the balls been there but he hasn't.. piroe wasn't detting a lot of service same as Lowe don't,but the difference with them they can make their own chances ,drop off be intelligent create things themselves he can't do anything,like I said in another thread,that Lowe goal Saturday, no way would jerry had scored that,Lowe was on his toes making the run to get in front of his man before the cross came,,he made the service as much as the ball player made the service,,there was a similar one ro jerry later on but he never got there as 1.he was hesitant and made the run after cross and 2,had one eye on the keeper clattering him..so the service ain't all about the player giving the ball.the reciever also makes the service good service,and sorry yates movement and intelligence ain't there

Ey op.Mr A,
Normally when people like me “ slag off” a player,there is often a maelstrom of indignation with accusations of lack of support,love sympathy with the player. I’ve seen some horrific crap posted when I’ve questioned the ability of some former players ,with “ praise” that was as dumb as it was misjudged . Some were called “ great” ,legend even when they were dust bowl ordinary.
With Jerry,I see little of this and ,if nothing else ,that shows that the fan base ,as a whole, stands amazed at why we signed him and having done so,haven’t found a way of utilising what talent he has .
I’m hoping he could surprise us all,but he’s benched by the new coach as he was with the previous one. The biggest summer signing ,now collecting splinters on his arse whilst he collects his decent wage .

I feel the club is drifting badly. The disingenuous garbage from the ownership is now truly transparent .

What do we do with Jerry on 11:10 - Jan 17 with 652 viewsnantywatcher

Kris Boyd on Sky Sports News (a proficient goal scorer) made the same observation when on live reporting the game. For a half decent striker, it was a shoe-in for a goal. Yates chickened. Anticipation and bravery is something totally lacking in the man.
What do we do with Jerry on 11:18 - Jan 17 with 633 viewsonehunglow

What do we do with Jerry on 11:10 - Jan 17 by nantywatcher

Kris Boyd on Sky Sports News (a proficient goal scorer) made the same observation when on live reporting the game. For a half decent striker, it was a shoe-in for a goal. Yates chickened. Anticipation and bravery is something totally lacking in the man.

If a player is prepared to get in when it might hurt then fans will support him. It shows courage for the cause .
This must be evident to Williams who really should be looking to offload this player. Issue is to whom as for the life of me I can’t see anything to attract a suitor

What do we do with Jerry on 13:05 - Jan 17 with 571 viewsjack247

Disagree with the first sentence. Bony or Michu may have thrived playing the way we did under Duff, but no way has there been service for a poacher.

This is a very similar goal to Lowes on Saturday. Instead of darting to the near post, he takes a step away from his marker just as Cullen crosses it. Around 2 mins 30

A lot of the criticism he gets is deserved. Can’t agree he’s been getting the service or he doesn’t make decent runs.

If he doesn’t get more goals, as well as create space for others under Williams, there will be nowhere to hide.
What do we do with Jerry on 13:21 - Jan 17 with 564 viewsnantywatcher

What do we do with Jerry on 13:05 - Jan 17 by jack247

Disagree with the first sentence. Bony or Michu may have thrived playing the way we did under Duff, but no way has there been service for a poacher.

This is a very similar goal to Lowes on Saturday. Instead of darting to the near post, he takes a step away from his marker just as Cullen crosses it. Around 2 mins 30

A lot of the criticism he gets is deserved. Can’t agree he’s been getting the service or he doesn’t make decent runs.

If he doesn’t get more goals, as well as create space for others under Williams, there will be nowhere to hide.

I really respect your thoughts and judgement on football matters Jack247, but that clip you highlighted actually 100% underlines how poor Yates is as a striker. Because he is slow there are TWO defenders between him and the ball when it is crossed (unlike Lowe's goal on Saturday). Yates is lucky that they both fail in cutting the cross out (and the one thing I would say about him is that he is a very lucky striker, as his goals this season have been a result of blunders made by the opposition not his abilities.
What do we do with Jerry on 13:42 - Jan 17 with 551 viewsjack247

What do we do with Jerry on 13:21 - Jan 17 by nantywatcher

I really respect your thoughts and judgement on football matters Jack247, but that clip you highlighted actually 100% underlines how poor Yates is as a striker. Because he is slow there are TWO defenders between him and the ball when it is crossed (unlike Lowe's goal on Saturday). Yates is lucky that they both fail in cutting the cross out (and the one thing I would say about him is that he is a very lucky striker, as his goals this season have been a result of blunders made by the opposition not his abilities.

I disagree mate. If he’d made the near post run as Lowe did Saturday, he wouldn’t have scored. He had to make the gamble on stepping the other way. I can’t see any other run he could have made that would have worked.

If you’re saying he hasn’t got Lowes pace or acceleration, I agree 100%.

He was invariably double marked under Duff, as whoever played up front for us was.
What do we do with Jerry on 14:28 - Jan 17 with 515 viewsReslovenSwan1

What do we do with Jerry on 13:42 - Jan 17 by jack247

I disagree mate. If he’d made the near post run as Lowe did Saturday, he wouldn’t have scored. He had to make the gamble on stepping the other way. I can’t see any other run he could have made that would have worked.

He was invariably double marked under Duff, as whoever played up front for us was.

Yates was loved at Blackpool playing in a struggling side at Championship level. It does not make much sense that he is a poor player. remember Gyokeres ("useless") Whitaker ("useless").

Yates is not showing what he did at Blackpool and before. It is Williams 's job to find the answer. From what I have seen he stays central for Swansea.

What do we do with Jerry on 14:30 - Jan 17 with 515 viewsnantywatcher

What do we do with Jerry on 13:42 - Jan 17 by jack247

We'll have to disagree. The fact the two defenders fail to intercept the ball before it gets to him is nothing more than good fortune. No striker ever made a career out of being constantly third to the ball. I agree that from his starting position (which always lacks anticipation) he could do no more than tag along and hope for the best.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024