Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
we exist to fund DC UNITED 15:31 - Dec 26 with 7411 viewsRhonddaSwans

prove me wrong?

Poll: Pre season prediction on final League position

we exist to fund DC UNITED on 14:54 - Dec 28 with 964 viewsRhonddaSwans

we exist to fund DC UNITED on 09:25 - Dec 28 by jackrmee

Coleman’s investment?

…that went like…

Levine: “Hi mate, fancy chucking a few mil into our little project? We will make up a job for you and pay you extortionate wages so you make your money back and some! You can even take you bumpal Gude and his lot. And yeah, we will pay him loads too.”

Coleman: “Yeah that sounds great. Make my cheque out to Swansea City is it mate?”

Levine: “Na mate, put the check in our LLC name, and I’ll send it through to Swansea myself wink wink”

Sue me.

I was just going to mention that plonkers wages.

All payments should be performance related so I think coleman deserves a food parcle from the food bank.

He should be living in a tent in the town center.

He should be getting to work on the back of a smack heads bike.

we exist to fund DC UNITED on 18:57 - Dec 28 with 889 viewsReslovenSwan1

we exist to fund DC UNITED on 14:54 - Dec 28 by RhonddaSwans

I was just going to mention that plonkers wages.

All payments should be performance related so I think coleman deserves a food parcle from the food bank.

He should be living in a tent in the town center.

He should be getting to work on the back of a smack heads bike.

What are his wages tell me?. If you do not know his wages how an you complain about it.?

You know all his expenses are covered right? Where do you know that from?.

Explain to me what benefit Mr Morris has of over paying for these two?. He has more interest in Swansea doing well that you or I. He has put perhaps in excess of £10,000.000 into the club. He must be another fool who knows nothing but is actually one of the most successful Welsh origin people in history.

I give Coleman and Gude the benefit of the doubt. They have brains and backgrounds to do well. Do you subscribe to the "pay peanuts get monkeys" methodology? .

If Coleman has invested over £1m he has bought his own job. I call it "putting his money where his mouth is". Good for him. If can back up his words the club will succeed and the fans group is worth £24m again.

US people do not just talk. They back themselves. I like that. The fans group individuals over the years were "invisible".
[Post edited 28 Dec 2023 18:58]

Wise sage since Toshack era

we exist to fund DC UNITED on 19:07 - Dec 28 with 880 viewsSullutaCreturned

US people do not just talk

There are no bigger BS mercahnts around than American "flim flam" merchants, are you familiar with the term "carpetbaggers"?

I'm not saying all Americans are thus BUT just look at Old Trafford where the Glazers have milked the red mancs for years.

I'm also not saying our owners are milking us but they are running us into the ground. We are very badly run, we are on a downward trajectory and apparently the rumours in the football community are...don't touch Swansea which is why we are having trouble getting a manager, that and the small fact we don't want to pay thhe going rate for anybody we have approached. Not that our owners are admitting that, they still treat us like mushrooms.
we exist to fund DC UNITED on 20:00 - Dec 28 with 842 viewsReslovenSwan1

we exist to fund DC UNITED on 19:07 - Dec 28 by SullutaCreturned

US people do not just talk

There are no bigger BS mercahnts around than American "flim flam" merchants, are you familiar with the term "carpetbaggers"?

I'm not saying all Americans are thus BUT just look at Old Trafford where the Glazers have milked the red mancs for years.

I'm also not saying our owners are milking us but they are running us into the ground. We are very badly run, we are on a downward trajectory and apparently the rumours in the football community are...don't touch Swansea which is why we are having trouble getting a manager, that and the small fact we don't want to pay thhe going rate for anybody we have approached. Not that our owners are admitting that, they still treat us like mushrooms.

Swansea fans are owners. The members controlled the direction of travel but did not engage and left it to others without thought or analysis. It was a disaster. Normal sensible Welsh people went AWOL. Some mushrooms like being mushrooms.

Coleman is here and wants to succeed. I want him to succeed. Too many Welsh losers are going back to the loser default and complaining about his Terms and conditions without even knowing them.

Footballers and agents are the great 'milkers' and regularly circulate of rumours for their own benefit. Remember the people associated with Cardiff City?.

It is more likely they are saying avoid Swansea these days they are no longer the 'soft touch' they were before. The going rate is extortionate and always was. All Swansea have to do is give a premium on Notts County with a promise of bonuses.

I liked the idea of the manager having a cut on transfers. He will then take time to develop and player prospects. Players like Wilson, Liam Smith, Bates and Parker.

we exist to fund DC UNITED on 20:09 - Dec 28 with 830 viewsQJumpingJack

we exist to fund DC UNITED on 20:00 - Dec 28 by ReslovenSwan1

Swansea fans are owners. The members controlled the direction of travel but did not engage and left it to others without thought or analysis. It was a disaster. Normal sensible Welsh people went AWOL. Some mushrooms like being mushrooms.

Coleman is here and wants to succeed. I want him to succeed. Too many Welsh losers are going back to the loser default and complaining about his Terms and conditions without even knowing them.

Footballers and agents are the great 'milkers' and regularly circulate of rumours for their own benefit. Remember the people associated with Cardiff City?.

It is more likely they are saying avoid Swansea these days they are no longer the 'soft touch' they were before. The going rate is extortionate and always was. All Swansea have to do is give a premium on Notts County with a promise of bonuses.

I liked the idea of the manager having a cut on transfers. He will then take time to develop and player prospects. Players like Wilson, Liam Smith, Bates and Parker.

listen to the audio of Levien at the Swans Trust in 2017.
He admits that they were told not to engage with the Trust.

Do you want me to post the link again for you?
we exist to fund DC UNITED on 20:27 - Dec 28 with 815 viewsRhonddaSwans

we exist to fund DC UNITED on 20:09 - Dec 28 by QJumpingJack

listen to the audio of Levien at the Swans Trust in 2017.
He admits that they were told not to engage with the Trust.

Do you want me to post the link again for you?

yes please mate,
It would add a bit more context to the ongoing debate.

I dont think I have read it.

we exist to fund DC UNITED on 20:44 - Dec 28 with 798 viewsmajorraglan

The fans were part owners of the club, but I think it’s stretching things quite a bit to say they controlled the direction of travel but did not engage …..

The Trust had a minority share holding and 2 fan directors and to be fair I think that for a long time there was effective cooperation between HJ et al and the Trust and the fans lot improved. You cant say all the good stuff is down to HJ and the bad stuff is down to the Trust - it’s nonsense.

I agree with you about Coleman being here and wanting to succeed - everyone wants him to succeed and to get the club back on track but so far it’s not happening. He may be a brilliant CEO, but is his knowledge of footballing matters good enough ? It’s not been the best of starts - if he hasn’t got the knowledge then he’s got to surround himself with knowledgable people but things aren’t looking great on the footy front at the moment.

I’ve got no idea as to wages, but if he (Coleman) is on £500k that’s a big chunk of the club turnover pre transfer fees etc. I seem to recall HJ only started taking a salary when the club was in the PL.

To improve the commercial performance the club needs to be competitive on the field and up there in the league, winning is great but winning while playing an attractive brand of football is even better. The club is some way off that at the moment and judging by the number of people talking about not renewing their ST’s things are going to get worse before it gets better.

I’m trying to keep an open mind, but the writing on the wall ain’t great.
[Post edited 28 Dec 2023 20:51]
we exist to fund DC UNITED on 20:51 - Dec 28 with 781 viewsQJumpingJack

we exist to fund DC UNITED on 20:27 - Dec 28 by RhonddaSwans

yes please mate,
It would add a bit more context to the ongoing debate.

I dont think I have read it.

here we go - this is where Levien throws blame on the previous board in relation to the Trust. I can't actually believe he said this at a fans forum.
Was this comment intentional? was it accidental? and did he know it was being recorded and it would end up on YouTube?

Login to get fewer ads

we exist to fund DC UNITED (n/t) on 22:19 - Dec 28 with 751 viewsBillyChong

we exist to fund DC UNITED on 18:57 - Dec 28 by ReslovenSwan1

What are his wages tell me?. If you do not know his wages how an you complain about it.?

You know all his expenses are covered right? Where do you know that from?.

Explain to me what benefit Mr Morris has of over paying for these two?. He has more interest in Swansea doing well that you or I. He has put perhaps in excess of £10,000.000 into the club. He must be another fool who knows nothing but is actually one of the most successful Welsh origin people in history.

I give Coleman and Gude the benefit of the doubt. They have brains and backgrounds to do well. Do you subscribe to the "pay peanuts get monkeys" methodology? .

If Coleman has invested over £1m he has bought his own job. I call it "putting his money where his mouth is". Good for him. If can back up his words the club will succeed and the fans group is worth £24m again.

US people do not just talk. They back themselves. I like that. The fans group individuals over the years were "invisible".
[Post edited 28 Dec 2023 18:58]

The irony. No one knows what Coleman invested because it’s gone through the invisible LLP the wrong side of the pond. The LLP is the only invisible vehicle and people here. No one has a clue what they are up to behind it.
[Post edited 28 Dec 2023 22:21]
we exist to fund DC UNITED (n/t) on 22:29 - Dec 28 with 733 viewsReslovenSwan1

we exist to fund DC UNITED (n/t) on 22:19 - Dec 28 by BillyChong

The irony. No one knows what Coleman invested because it’s gone through the invisible LLP the wrong side of the pond. The LLP is the only invisible vehicle and people here. No one has a clue what they are up to behind it.

Swansea fans should focus on their own disastrously run organisation . I asked the Chief many questions and got no answers.

The 5% protected shares. Is 5% of the clubs final sale price guaranteed in cash?.

Are 5% of all dividends payable n the 5% protected shares?.

What do the Trust plan for with investment to protect against 5-10% inflation?.

What investments are the Trust legal allowed to invest in?

Given you have no interest in this why does the LLP structure bother you?

we exist to fund DC UNITED (n/t) on 22:32 - Dec 28 with 725 viewsWhiterockin

we exist to fund DC UNITED (n/t) on 22:29 - Dec 28 by ReslovenSwan1

Swansea fans should focus on their own disastrously run organisation . I asked the Chief many questions and got no answers.

The 5% protected shares. Is 5% of the clubs final sale price guaranteed in cash?.

Are 5% of all dividends payable n the 5% protected shares?.

What do the Trust plan for with investment to protect against 5-10% inflation?.

What investments are the Trust legal allowed to invest in?

Given you have no interest in this why does the LLP structure bother you?

You can keep on about the trust, nobody will debate with you because nobody gives a flying **** and you have been proved wrong on so many occasions.
we exist to fund DC UNITED on 00:16 - Dec 29 with 682 viewsjackrmee

we exist to fund DC UNITED on 14:49 - Dec 28 by Whiterockin

We are losing more than we need too. That is not an old chestnut.

Do you think the vast sum we paid to get Duff in and then sack him after less than six months and paying him compensation was a waste of money?

Do you think the players we brought in during the summer offer value for money, don't mention Key as we don't know his cost?

Do you think we are getting value for money from Coleman and his lapdog or do you think we could have better cheaper.

Do you think the expenses these two and other owners are claiming are appropriate for a championship club similar to us.?

Do you think the club are successfully linking with the supporters to gain the maximum revenue for the club?

Yes it costs a lot to run any football club, but this can be minimised if a club is run properly.

Poll: Who are you voting for this year? I'm sure Grimes will be popular. I've gone Oli

we exist to fund DC UNITED (n/t) on 00:55 - Dec 29 with 663 viewsKeithHaynes

And we are expected to believe everything else from he’s not being paid to he’s doing it all for free 😂 Some Swans fans, especially in the cesspit they call Twitter are nuts.

A great believer in taking anything you like to wherever you want to.
Blog: Do you want to start a career in journalism ?

we exist to fund DC UNITED on 12:41 - Dec 29 with 566 viewsSullutaCreturned

Your last paragraph is so plainly silly.

If a manager gets a cut on transfers he won't strive to bring players through, he will probably sell off everybody and pocket the money, then when the club is failing and he gets the sack, the rest of his contract gets paid up. Greed is king in football.

Only a manager out to make a quick buck will want this clause. Better to have a performance related clause and reward the manager for success.

Oh, one more thing, the Swansea Trust have always been minority shareholders and could make suggestions but could no more control the direction of travel than Canute could control the tide.

Coleman may want to succeed but is showing very little chance of doing so, wanting something doesn't mean you'll get it and all the signs are he's overseeing a decline.

The going rate is extortionate, agreed. We won't pay it and so we have no new manager. The facts speak for themselves. Until the whole of football wakes up and sees it cannot treat the public as a cash cow nothing will change.
we exist to fund DC UNITED (n/t) on 19:00 - Dec 29 with 507 viewsReslovenSwan1

The trust director should know. He might have been asked to sign a Non disclosure agreement. I hope he /she has. I do not need to know the details of the LLP. I know the main people involved.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024