Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
we exist to fund DC UNITED 15:31 - Dec 26 with 7409 viewsRhonddaSwans

prove me wrong?

Poll: Pre season prediction on final League position

we exist to fund DC UNITED on 13:22 - Dec 27 with 1143 viewsTreforys_Jack

we exist to fund DC UNITED on 13:18 - Dec 27 by Gwyn737

Where’s the sporting example of them not being out of their depth? DC United?

Where’s the sporting success of this ownership team?

For me, it’s not their out of their depth, it’s that they don’t care. We’re just one of a set of numbers on a balance sheet.

That’s it.

Further reasons why we should not have been sold to them.
we exist to fund DC UNITED on 13:39 - Dec 27 with 1108 viewsSullutaCreturned

we exist to fund DC UNITED on 13:18 - Dec 27 by Gwyn737

Where’s the sporting example of them not being out of their depth? DC United?

Where’s the sporting success of this ownership team?

For me, it’s not their out of their depth, it’s that they don’t care. We’re just one of a set of numbers on a balance sheet.

That’s it.

I think they are clueless, out of their depth as the performance of all the teams they own show. I think there'a an aussie team, there's DC and there's us and we are all doing worse since these people took us all over.

DC in particular were doing quite well in the US before they were bought. I don't think the thread is correct, we don't have the profit to fund another team.

I'm quite surprised this thread is allowed to stand as it seems to me it could be libellous.

Libel; a published false statement that is damaging to a person's reputation; a written defamation:

And we all know Americans can be litigious. If there is any proof that the OP is correct maybe it should be produced?

While I do think the owners are just useless I do wish they'd find a buyer and leave our club because they are running us into the dirt. We'll be relegated the way they run us.
we exist to fund DC UNITED on 14:05 - Dec 27 with 1072 viewsRhonddaSwans

we exist to fund DC UNITED on 13:39 - Dec 27 by SullutaCreturned

I think they are clueless, out of their depth as the performance of all the teams they own show. I think there'a an aussie team, there's DC and there's us and we are all doing worse since these people took us all over.

DC in particular were doing quite well in the US before they were bought. I don't think the thread is correct, we don't have the profit to fund another team.

I'm quite surprised this thread is allowed to stand as it seems to me it could be libellous.

Libel; a published false statement that is damaging to a person's reputation; a written defamation:

And we all know Americans can be litigious. If there is any proof that the OP is correct maybe it should be produced?

While I do think the owners are just useless I do wish they'd find a buyer and leave our club because they are running us into the dirt. We'll be relegated the way they run us.

Its called opinion not liable.

When DC had wayne rooney on mega bucks and
Benteke upfront.

We just had one of their youth prospects smashing them in at u21 level ( didn't play in the first team)
My educated guess would be due to registrations.

Does the only two teams in one season count over there.

How can you call yourself a Swansea fan and be happy with our playing squad?

They have been telling us investment, really heavy investment!
That would push up transfer prices as been as it was soooooooooo huge 😂.

They have sold a relegated premier league and two time play offs team into this.

Yes I accept after the prem money drys up there has to be change.

however playing squad money needs to be recycled back into the team. Not just some of it!

if we had a competitive first team squad of winners, there would be more tv revenue + ad revenue.
Also our whole squad would have a higher price tag.

They are playing football manager with a real club OUR CLUB.

Joel Piroe was the last sticking plaster on the side of a dam 🦫 now our stadium is flooding.

We have coleman in a life jacket bailing water out, while trying to tell us we will be in the premier league next year.

So call it liable if this had been killkennys or another one of your mates threads.
You probably wouldn't be calling it that.

In January now what will happen
predictions

1. wood is sold for 5 mil southampton

2. Pato leaves for 200/300k

3. Yannik gets a contract untill July (to replace wood because thats how it works the American Swansea way)

4. Lowe gets recalled or an offer from Turkish team an instantly signs out.

5. We sign a league two stiker who has scored 4 or 5 this year

6. we leave it all untill last minute and fail AGAIN

7. We were gonna sign bamford on loan but it fell through last minute (to make up for not strengthening)
[Post edited 27 Dec 2023 14:18]

we exist to fund DC UNITED on 17:32 - Dec 27 with 977 viewsSullutaCreturned

we exist to fund DC UNITED on 14:05 - Dec 27 by RhonddaSwans

Its called opinion not liable.

When DC had wayne rooney on mega bucks and
Benteke upfront.

We just had one of their youth prospects smashing them in at u21 level ( didn't play in the first team)
My educated guess would be due to registrations.

Does the only two teams in one season count over there.

How can you call yourself a Swansea fan and be happy with our playing squad?

They have been telling us investment, really heavy investment!
That would push up transfer prices as been as it was soooooooooo huge 😂.

They have sold a relegated premier league and two time play offs team into this.

Yes I accept after the prem money drys up there has to be change.

however playing squad money needs to be recycled back into the team. Not just some of it!

if we had a competitive first team squad of winners, there would be more tv revenue + ad revenue.
Also our whole squad would have a higher price tag.

They are playing football manager with a real club OUR CLUB.

Joel Piroe was the last sticking plaster on the side of a dam 🦫 now our stadium is flooding.

We have coleman in a life jacket bailing water out, while trying to tell us we will be in the premier league next year.

So call it liable if this had been killkennys or another one of your mates threads.
You probably wouldn't be calling it that.

In January now what will happen
predictions

1. wood is sold for 5 mil southampton

2. Pato leaves for 200/300k

3. Yannik gets a contract untill July (to replace wood because thats how it works the American Swansea way)

4. Lowe gets recalled or an offer from Turkish team an instantly signs out.

5. We sign a league two stiker who has scored 4 or 5 this year

6. we leave it all untill last minute and fail AGAIN

7. We were gonna sign bamford on loan but it fell through last minute (to make up for not strengthening)
[Post edited 27 Dec 2023 14:18]

The thread title is a statement, statements can be libel. Opinions can be libellous too.

Read my comments and tell me where I've said I'm happy.

You think myself and kilkenny are friends?

Amongst my other comments are that I'm not renewing my season ticket, I've had enough of this shite.

We are NOT funding DC United but we are being run into the ground, the hole is being dug and it gets deeper every week at the hands of owners who, in my opinion and using the evidence we have, are incapable of the job they have taken on.
we exist to fund DC UNITED on 17:44 - Dec 27 with 969 viewsReslovenSwan1

we exist to fund DC UNITED on 17:32 - Dec 27 by SullutaCreturned

The thread title is a statement, statements can be libel. Opinions can be libellous too.

Amongst my other comments are that I'm not renewing my season ticket, I've had enough of this shite.

We are NOT funding DC United but we are being run into the ground, the hole is being dug and it gets deeper every week at the hands of owners who, in my opinion and using the evidence we have, are incapable of the job they have taken on.

The US people have invested in Watson. Watson's signings have not impressed so far but are general young and can improve. Ntjoe, Tymon, Kuharevic, Broome Key etc.

I expect some young signing in January.

Wise sage since Toshack era

we exist to fund DC UNITED on 17:53 - Dec 27 with 944 viewsSullutaCreturned

we exist to fund DC UNITED on 17:44 - Dec 27 by ReslovenSwan1

The US people have invested in Watson. Watson's signings have not impressed so far but are general young and can improve. Ntjoe, Tymon, Kuharevic, Broome Key etc.

I expect some young signing in January.

There is no such player as Ntjoe.

You are a serial defender of our owners, you continue to defend the indefensible.

Myself and Rhondda don't get on but at least he speaks out of love for the club which he puts ahead of whatever it is you favour which isnt Swansea City or its fans.
we exist to fund DC UNITED on 17:57 - Dec 27 with 942 viewsRhonddaSwans

we exist to fund DC UNITED on 17:32 - Dec 27 by SullutaCreturned

I knew the killkenny thing would make you laugh.

Seriously though Swansea are the biggest club underneath their stewardship.

I would love for them to take me to court for it.
As I would be abel to ask them some difficult questions that they need to answer.

The way you put it about them being put of their depth is right.

I also applaud you voting with your feet + bank balance.

We need to send these idiots a message.

January will be make or break for them.
I honestly think that they need to sell up, They don't know anything football wise.

They need to sell us to someone who can afford to take a few short term losses to get back to the premiership.

They downgraded THE biggest academies in Wales.

They have sold us short and we need action to be taken.

I usually go every few weeks (as work allows sadly)

We need a brave owner who loves the club.

Also 🤝 new year new start ok mate.

We all bleed White and Black here.

we exist to fund DC UNITED on 18:10 - Dec 27 with 918 viewsSullutaCreturned

we exist to fund DC UNITED on 17:57 - Dec 27 by RhonddaSwans

I knew the killkenny thing would make you laugh.

Seriously though Swansea are the biggest club underneath their stewardship.

I would love for them to take me to court for it.
As I would be abel to ask them some difficult questions that they need to answer.

The way you put it about them being put of their depth is right.

I also applaud you voting with your feet + bank balance.

We need to send these idiots a message.

January will be make or break for them.
I honestly think that they need to sell up, They don't know anything football wise.

They need to sell us to someone who can afford to take a few short term losses to get back to the premiership.

They downgraded THE biggest academies in Wales.

They have sold us short and we need action to be taken.

I usually go every few weeks (as work allows sadly)

We need a brave owner who loves the club.

Also 🤝 new year new start ok mate.

We all bleed White and Black here.

New year new start, thank you.

And yes, we need to send some idiots a message.
Login to get fewer ads

we exist to fund DC UNITED on 18:25 - Dec 27 with 898 viewsBryanSwan

we exist to fund DC UNITED on 17:53 - Dec 27 by SullutaCreturned

There is no such player as Ntjoe.

You are a serial defender of our owners, you continue to defend the indefensible.

Myself and Rhondda don't get on but at least he speaks out of love for the club which he puts ahead of whatever it is you favour which isnt Swansea City or its fans.

To be fair i thought the signings of Tjoe, Key and Khura were all pretty good on paper.
Noot seen enough of two to make a csll yet.
What we desperately need is a manager and some direction.

Poll: When will Russell Martin no longer be Swansea manager?

we exist to fund DC UNITED on 18:26 - Dec 27 with 893 viewsRhonddaSwans

we exist to fund DC UNITED on 18:10 - Dec 27 by SullutaCreturned

New year new start, thank you.

And yes, we need to send some idiots a message.

Thank you aswell mate.

I don't know how anyone can still be blinded by these shysters.

Back in July they were saying that we were having a significant investment into the club.

My question is where has that gone?
Come the start of January our new boss should be here pre the transfer window.

As this window needs to be perfect!

The owners can silence me with this appointment and actually backing them.

They also need to realise fans are not going to take bargain basement deals.

we exist to fund DC UNITED on 18:30 - Dec 27 with 884 viewsTreforys_Jack

we exist to fund DC UNITED on 18:25 - Dec 27 by BryanSwan

To be fair i thought the signings of Tjoe, Key and Khura were all pretty good on paper.
Noot seen enough of two to make a csll yet.
What we desperately need is a manager and some direction.

Play Khura with Yates or Cullen and Lowe in the hole behind.
we exist to fund DC UNITED on 18:46 - Dec 27 with 866 viewsDr_Winston

If, at this point, you're still pushing the discredited nonsense that somehow money is being taken out of the club then you are galactically ignorant of even the basics of financial law.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

we exist to fund DC UNITED on 20:46 - Dec 27 with 796 viewsBryanSwan

we exist to fund DC UNITED on 18:30 - Dec 27 by Treforys_Jack

Play Khura with Yates or Cullen and Lowe in the hole behind.

The balance of the team is certainly wrong, in the preston game we only had Pato and Lowe on the pitch in the shape of attacking outlets, then we switched to a 4 at the back for Saints and get battered.

Khura is 6ft4 so theoretically he should be able to hold the ball a bit and help us up the pitch, may give a bit of space and time to those around him. Would like a true wideman to come in and make use of wide areas more. (Having Key and Tymon as faux wingers kills me).

Poll: When will Russell Martin no longer be Swansea manager?

we exist to fund DC UNITED on 08:07 - Dec 28 with 722 viewswhiterock

we exist to fund DC UNITED on 16:35 - Dec 26 by RhonddaSwans

I think of the watford game last year.
Their scary squad worth 10x ours.
The trust + mini glazer lovers are sleepwalking into relagation.

We need to unite against this ownership model.

We need a super rich au vodka family to save us

So our last 5 results are, 2 wins, 2 loses and a draw, that's not great but will not see us relegated

Both Kieran Maguire and the Swiss Ramble chap say no money is leaving the club illegally.
we exist to fund DC UNITED on 09:09 - Dec 28 with 691 viewsjackrmee

we exist to fund DC UNITED on 22:39 - Dec 26 by BryanSwan

Jesus this is utterly mental.
I get that the owners may not be doing particularly well with the running of the club, but to suggest they are finding some secret hidden money in the club to fund DC is ridiculous.
The club loses money every single week (Championship clubs do not run on a sustainable business model).

They may not be directly funding DC, but they definitely prefer DC.
DC are their priority. Swansea means nothing to them.

If I have 2 cars…one for work and a beautiful Rolls Royce for showing off.
I wouldn’t directly strip my work car for parts for the Roller, but I might only buy bits for it from the scrap yard, in order to afford new parts for my Roller.

Poll: Who are you voting for this year? I'm sure Grimes will be popular. I've gone Oli

we exist to fund DC UNITED on 09:11 - Dec 28 with 691 viewsjackrmee

we exist to fund DC UNITED on 13:17 - Dec 27 by majorraglan

Thanks for the post.

The key in a lot of this is the total operating expenses, - it’s a pretty wide heading and in truth none of us know exactly what is being included in this ledger. It will of course cover player wages, running costs, agents fees etc etc. The operating costs could also include consultancy fees and other expenditure to interested parties, however it may not and we simply don’t know. Before we can make really informed comments there’s a need for more detail.
[Post edited 27 Dec 2023 13:21]

Operating costs, such as for paying for a joking chairman and his family to move here, AND bring his mate and his family along for a jolley?

Poll: Who are you voting for this year? I'm sure Grimes will be popular. I've gone Oli

we exist to fund DC UNITED on 09:13 - Dec 28 with 682 viewsWhiterockin

we exist to fund DC UNITED on 08:07 - Dec 28 by whiterock

So our last 5 results are, 2 wins, 2 loses and a draw, that's not great but will not see us relegated

Both Kieran Maguire and the Swiss Ramble chap say no money is leaving the club illegally.

There may be no money leaving the club illegally, but we are spending a fortune on high management (plus expenses) that are inept at running a championship football club. The terrible decisions and lack of sensible planning are also costing a fortune. There are also ways to withdraw funds legally but unethically.
we exist to fund DC UNITED on 09:25 - Dec 28 with 673 viewsjackrmee

we exist to fund DC UNITED on 18:26 - Dec 27 by RhonddaSwans

Thank you aswell mate.

I don't know how anyone can still be blinded by these shysters.

Back in July they were saying that we were having a significant investment into the club.

My question is where has that gone?
Come the start of January our new boss should be here pre the transfer window.

As this window needs to be perfect!

The owners can silence me with this appointment and actually backing them.

They also need to realise fans are not going to take bargain basement deals.

Coleman’s investment?

…that went like…

Levine: “Hi mate, fancy chucking a few mil into our little project? We will make up a job for you and pay you extortionate wages so you make your money back and some! You can even take you bumpal Gude and his lot. And yeah, we will pay him loads too.”

Coleman: “Yeah that sounds great. Make my cheque out to Swansea City is it mate?”

Levine: “Na mate, put the check in our LLC name, and I’ll send it through to Swansea myself wink wink”

Sue me.

we exist to fund DC UNITED on 09:29 - Dec 28 with 670 viewsRichardO

The Southampton game was always going to be a pivotal point in people's view on how we are doing under Sheehan, as you say the results have been mixed as have the preformances which had seem to gradually got better but inexperience(or brainfarts) in picking up the ball and players past manager's request on the need to play stupid back passes to a goalie left us floundering in games we were still in touch of getting a positive result.

Sheehan lost Key a player who some would say is our best which we could well have done without losing against Southampton, same as Martin lost Manning for the important first Burnley games last season as we had previously been on a good run. Let's hope we don't end up with the same bad run of form that ensued that game. Please don't bring up the couple of ropey wins against Sunderland and 10 man Cardiff.

As for the funding by the Americans the whole point of the sale to them was to get more funds in that the previous owners could not afford and make a tidy profit some would say that they had earned BUT how much did the Americans invest in the club to further improve the clubs then global brand after their initial outlay to buy the club to prevent the decline in fortune that the club had started to experience.
[Post edited 28 Dec 2023 11:30]
we exist to fund DC UNITED on 10:59 - Dec 28 with 635 viewsKeithHaynes

Well, I doubt they would know, however I agree.

A great believer in taking anything you like to wherever you want to.
Blog: Do you want to start a career in journalism ?

we exist to fund DC UNITED on 11:06 - Dec 28 with 628 viewsjack247

They’ve been relegation performances. Ironically, the only game I thought we were decent in was Middlesbrough. Keep playing like that and we’ll have a nervy few months.

I’m sure there’s nothing illegal going on. It’s a combination of most Championship teams losing money and our owners not being fit for purpose.
we exist to fund DC UNITED on 14:22 - Dec 28 with 542 viewsReslovenSwan1

we exist to fund DC UNITED on 09:11 - Dec 28 by jackrmee

Operating costs, such as for paying for a joking chairman and his family to move here, AND bring his mate and his family along for a jolley?

When Mr Dineen was in the house doing commercial stuff the fans were saying "pay peanuts get monkeys. Why do the club not get in professionals? "

The professionals are here and have to deliver.

we exist to fund DC UNITED on 14:26 - Dec 28 with 540 viewsReslovenSwan1

we exist to fund DC UNITED on 09:25 - Dec 28 by jackrmee

Coleman’s investment?

…that went like…

Levine: “Hi mate, fancy chucking a few mil into our little project? We will make up a job for you and pay you extortionate wages so you make your money back and some! You can even take you bumpal Gude and his lot. And yeah, we will pay him loads too.”

Coleman: “Yeah that sounds great. Make my cheque out to Swansea City is it mate?”

Levine: “Na mate, put the check in our LLC name, and I’ll send it through to Swansea myself wink wink”

Sue me.

By your highly dubious logic Mr Coleman is paying his own salary and expenses and those of his assistant Mr Gude.

I wonder if they are both getting drenched in puddles on a golf course on the Gower right now.

You did not think it through by the looks of it. ?

we exist to fund DC UNITED on 14:28 - Dec 28 with 533 viewswhiterock

we exist to fund DC UNITED on 09:13 - Dec 28 by Whiterockin

There may be no money leaving the club illegally, but we are spending a fortune on high management (plus expenses) that are inept at running a championship football club. The terrible decisions and lack of sensible planning are also costing a fortune. There are also ways to withdraw funds legally but unethically.

Not that old chestnut (again), Swiss Ramble says he can't see it, most championship clubs are losing £12m, we are no exception.

The whole division is fucccked, spending more and more hoping to reach the promised land.

A club, similar in size to us, Preston owner Craig Hemmings says

"The way that central media monies are paid creates massive challenges for those of us in the Championship trying to compete. It costs about £24 million pounds each year to keep us going. Towards this we receive approximately £2.3m from season tickets and a further £7.3m in total from the EFL and Premier League. After other income streams, that leaves my family with an annual shortfall of around £12m which we have to put into the club each season."
we exist to fund DC UNITED on 14:49 - Dec 28 with 524 viewsWhiterockin

we exist to fund DC UNITED on 14:28 - Dec 28 by whiterock

Not that old chestnut (again), Swiss Ramble says he can't see it, most championship clubs are losing £12m, we are no exception.

The whole division is fucccked, spending more and more hoping to reach the promised land.

A club, similar in size to us, Preston owner Craig Hemmings says

"The way that central media monies are paid creates massive challenges for those of us in the Championship trying to compete. It costs about £24 million pounds each year to keep us going. Towards this we receive approximately £2.3m from season tickets and a further £7.3m in total from the EFL and Premier League. After other income streams, that leaves my family with an annual shortfall of around £12m which we have to put into the club each season."

We are losing more than we need too. That is not an old chestnut.

Do you think the vast sum we paid to get Duff in and then sack him after less than six months and paying him compensation was a waste of money?

Do you think the players we brought in during the summer offer value for money, don't mention Key as we don't know his cost?

Do you think we are getting value for money from Coleman and his lapdog or do you think we could have better cheaper.

Do you think the expenses these two and other owners are claiming are appropriate for a championship club similar to us.?

Do you think the club are successfully linking with the supporters to gain the maximum revenue for the club?

Yes it costs a lot to run any football club, but this can be minimised if a club is run properly.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024