Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Match attendance — 3 questions. 17:42 - Mar 20 with 14228 viewsA_Newby

I attend virtually every home game and sit in the main stand. Over this season as I have looked across to the Pearl Street stand there appears to be fewer and fewer fans there. Those in the Pearl Street may look across at the main stand and think the same.

However, when the match attendance figures are announced the home support figure seems to stay steady.

Does anybody know how the attendance / home attendance figures are calculated? Is it actual numbers of people passing through the gates (tallied automatically) or is it the number of season card holders plus the number of match day tickets sold?

Next season, come what may, would it make economic sense to only sell season cards for the main stand and Sandy terrace and potentially mothball the Pearl Street, only to be used if we were to get a massive FA cup tie?

What do current season card holders think of this, in particular those who sit in the Pearl Street stand?

Next season, again no matter what league we are in, there is likely to be a need to reassess the prices of our season cards. I think that the price will have to at least remain the same or even be increased.

In January this year I looked at what the other clubs in league 2 charge for season cards and compared them to the Dale. In general, we were cheaper than all clubs except Salford, although it is difficult to directly compare as each club has its own age categories.

One thing that was evident was that whilst Dale has 5 main age categories, prices shown below for the main stand, most other clubs also have a category of “young adult” between youth and adult categories with a price located between the two.

Dale Prices Main Stand
Young children Free
Junior 11 and under £35.00
Youth 12 to 21 £85.00
Adult 22 to 64 £310.00
Senior 65 and over £260.00

Our problem is that a young person supporting the Dale when going from 21 to 22 years of age, sees an off-putting massive increase in season card price in a single jump from £85.00 to £310.00 which other clubs avoid.

To encourage our young adult supporters to remain loyal I would suggest that we too need a young adult category (22-25) even if it means slightly higher prices for the other categories. Any thoughts?

PS No, I wouldn’t fall into the young adult category, and it would be at least 7 years before any of my young Dale supporting relatives reach that age.
Match attendance — 3 questions. on 12:21 - Mar 31 with 1582 viewsA_Newby

“I would imagine most fans will sit back and see how things pan out before committing to anything, especially at a time when we've had months of being stone walled from those who are running the club. If it was an inclusive, fan owned club then you feel invested but it's neither inclusive, or soon to be fan owned. The clubs been taken in a different direction by those in the Boardroom so supporters will adjust their mindset accordingly. They can't have it both ways.

I'll renew my season tickets when I have confidence in the new investor/investors and until then will pay on the day. I'm not handing over a wedge of cash for two season tickets when I don't know who will be running the club.”

Most of the Dale fans I go to matches with or sit near have expressed similar sentiments to yours. They will not commit to a season card next year, no matter what the price is, until there is some certainty in the board room.
Match attendance — 3 questions. on 12:41 - Mar 31 with 1497 viewsTalkingSutty

Match attendance — 3 questions. on 12:21 - Mar 31 by A_Newby

“I would imagine most fans will sit back and see how things pan out before committing to anything, especially at a time when we've had months of being stone walled from those who are running the club. If it was an inclusive, fan owned club then you feel invested but it's neither inclusive, or soon to be fan owned. The clubs been taken in a different direction by those in the Boardroom so supporters will adjust their mindset accordingly. They can't have it both ways.

I'll renew my season tickets when I have confidence in the new investor/investors and until then will pay on the day. I'm not handing over a wedge of cash for two season tickets when I don't know who will be running the club.”

Most of the Dale fans I go to matches with or sit near have expressed similar sentiments to yours. They will not commit to a season card next year, no matter what the price is, until there is some certainty in the board room.

Commonsense i think with all the shysters trying to infiltrate football clubs, especially one that owns its stadium. We know that better than anyone. Imagine paying for season tickets and the Knight in shining armour suddenly reveals himself as somebody with dodgy connections and bad intentions.
[Post edited 31 Mar 2023 12:43]
Match attendance — 3 questions. on 13:24 - Mar 31 with 1405 views442Dale

Some really good points raised in the last few posts. When Morton House were looking like they may get enough shares to takeover, supporters were already saying they’d not be buying season tickets/attending games.

What assurances can the club give right now that will ensure fans aren’t going to wait and see before buying season tickets for next season? Those assurances need to be not only about potential new owners but the current and future status of the club until any investor is found.

They should be under no illusions that needs communicating in detail. And soon.

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Match attendance — 3 questions. on 13:30 - Mar 31 with 1361 viewsJames1980

Match attendance — 3 questions. on 13:24 - Mar 31 by 442Dale

Some really good points raised in the last few posts. When Morton House were looking like they may get enough shares to takeover, supporters were already saying they’d not be buying season tickets/attending games.

What assurances can the club give right now that will ensure fans aren’t going to wait and see before buying season tickets for next season? Those assurances need to be not only about potential new owners but the current and future status of the club until any investor is found.

How about short term.season tickets with the option to upgrade?

'Only happy when you've got it often makes you miss the journey'
Poll: What does Jim need ?

Match attendance — 3 questions. on 14:47 - Mar 31 with 1253 viewsTalkingSutty

Match attendance — 3 questions. on 13:24 - Mar 31 by 442Dale

It's the lack of communication, especially over the sudden change in direction from a fan owned club that has left many fans now being in limbo as to how they are viewed by those in the Boardroom. I think it was disrespectful to everybody who collectively removed the bad apples from the club and then fought off the hostile takeover. I include in that the hundreds of fans who contributed to the bucket collections. Not even deemed worthy of consultation, that's a disgrace.

They don't see shareholders and fans as worthy enough to consult on that major decision and yet expect them to invest financially in season tickets not knowing who will be running the club. Good luck with that.
[Post edited 31 Mar 2023 14:51]
Match attendance — 3 questions. on 15:40 - Mar 31 with 1197 views442Dale

Match attendance — 3 questions. on 14:47 - Mar 31 by TalkingSutty

It's the lack of communication, especially over the sudden change in direction from a fan owned club that has left many fans now being in limbo as to how they are viewed by those in the Boardroom. I think it was disrespectful to everybody who collectively removed the bad apples from the club and then fought off the hostile takeover. I include in that the hundreds of fans who contributed to the bucket collections. Not even deemed worthy of consultation, that's a disgrace.

They don't see shareholders and fans as worthy enough to consult on that major decision and yet expect them to invest financially in season tickets not knowing who will be running the club. Good luck with that.
[Post edited 31 Mar 2023 14:51]

On communication, the statement earlier in the week made reference to welcoming feedback and supporter consultation in any areas.

Without actually giving the routes to do this. No email address, no point of contact, no reference to the Trust, no plans for a meeting with supporters.

You’d think basics like that would be covered. And to think previous regimes had their efforts similarly analysed without lessons being learnt.

https://www.rochdaleafc.co.uk/news/2023/march/boardstatement_280323/

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Match attendance — 3 questions. on 15:58 - Mar 31 with 1157 viewsTalkingSutty

Match attendance — 3 questions. on 15:40 - Mar 31 by 442Dale

On communication, the statement earlier in the week made reference to welcoming feedback and supporter consultation in any areas.

Without actually giving the routes to do this. No email address, no point of contact, no reference to the Trust, no plans for a meeting with supporters.

You’d think basics like that would be covered. And to think previous regimes had their efforts similarly analysed without lessons being learnt.

https://www.rochdaleafc.co.uk/news/2023/march/boardstatement_280323/

Welcoming supporter consultation in ANY areas, it's welcome when it suits! Anyway, they've decided the direction of the club so it's up to each fan to decide how they want to buy into that decision.
[Post edited 31 Mar 2023 15:59]
Match attendance — 3 questions. on 16:12 - Mar 31 with 1137 viewswatford_dale

Match attendance — 3 questions. on 15:58 - Mar 31 by TalkingSutty

Welcoming supporter consultation in ANY areas, it's welcome when it suits! Anyway, they've decided the direction of the club so it's up to each fan to decide how they want to buy into that decision.
[Post edited 31 Mar 2023 15:59]

On a completely different note but staying within the realm of season tickets. Sunderland FC are ditching the season card and replacing it with a download it on your smartphone, without fan consultation.
Login to get fewer ads

Match attendance — 3 questions. on 16:45 - Mar 31 with 1111 views49thseason

So what happens if you don't own a Smartphone?
Match attendance — 3 questions. on 17:52 - Mar 31 with 1049 viewsJames1980

Match attendance — 3 questions. on 16:45 - Mar 31 by 49thseason

So what happens if you don't own a Smartphone?

You're excluded, lots of the car parks at railway stations have had the ticket machines removed tickets have to be purchased using an App or phoning a help line.

'Only happy when you've got it often makes you miss the journey'
Poll: What does Jim need ?

Match attendance — 3 questions. on 19:24 - Mar 31 with 974 viewsDalenet

Match attendance — 3 questions. on 13:30 - Mar 31 by James1980

How about short term.season tickets with the option to upgrade?

The cub will need the cash to get through summer James. Its always been like that. Unless they have funds in the bank to cover May-August, they will want to market the season cards in full. Its why we have had a good price discount (compared to pay on the day) in recent years.
Match attendance — 3 questions. on 19:25 - Mar 31 with 972 viewsDalenet

Match attendance — 3 questions. on 16:12 - Mar 31 by watford_dale

On a completely different note but staying within the realm of season tickets. Sunderland FC are ditching the season card and replacing it with a download it on your smartphone, without fan consultation.

The same club that has banned people from taking coins into the ground.

You can't beat a club owned by a foreign billionaire who no longer understands the real fan in the street
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024