Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Latest police killings in America 17:36 - Jan 27 with 5015 viewsCountyJim

By sounds of it horrific wouldn't want to watch the video
Latest police killings in America on 07:21 - Jan 29 with 1368 viewsSullutaCreturned

Latest police killings in America on 00:03 - Jan 29 by Dr_Parnassus

100%.

This case is horrendous of course and indefensible, sickening in fact.

But the way people jump on the police for making rational decisions to protect their lives (and others) in other situations we have seen is deplorable.

Someone running at you with a knife and shooting them, then people calling the cop racist and stating that he took the job so should risk his life as part and parcel of it.

Not too many things make me angry, but that does.

In certain jobs people risk their lives all the time, it's an accepted hazard in several walks of life. Even so you can't ask people to throw their lives away.

I have the greatest respect for those who join the armed forces, the police and fire brigade, paramedics and the NHS generally speaking.
I have friend who left school and joined the army, on leaving he became a fireman and even though at 55 he is now counting down the weeks to retirement, how can you not respect that?
I've known several police, some were very good friends and I have many friends and also family workng in the NHS. They are all better people than I.
They all have to make hard decisions and no doubt, sometimes I might disagree with them but none of them should be considered open targets, all have the right to defend themselves and shouldn't be expected to throw their lives away.

This murder in Alabama though, it's none of that. it is a shameful, cruel, terrible act of murder and they deserve the greatest sanction available to the court.
Latest police killings in America on 10:32 - Jan 29 with 1318 viewscontroversial_jack

America is a country that has lost all social cohesion. In short, it's a shithole
Latest police killings in America on 11:50 - Jan 29 with 1310 viewsswan_si

Latest police killings in America on 20:17 - Jan 27 by KeithHaynes

Check out the shooting breakdowns by donut operator on YouTube.

A professionally trained ex officer and ex navy seal.

He slowly breaks down the incidents that are constantly referred to by people with
agendas, including many incidents like above involving the police. It’s an education for those who aren’t trained in anything other than criticising people who generally on a daily basis keep us safe.

Life eh ?

I've watched a few of his videos since you posted this, they're much more informative than the 10 second clips normally shown, its always good to have all the facts, the adrenaline that must have been pumping through those officers at that time, chasing down a man waving a gun, how he lived to face trial amazes me.
Latest police killings in America on 05:51 - Jan 30 with 1242 viewsPawelAbbott

Latest police killings in America on 22:24 - Jan 28 by SullutaCreturned

Watching the news tonight I have seen the full video from their body cams and the cctv footage and I have to say, if this state has the death penalty then those police deserve the full sanction.

This poor bastard was hand cuffed, hands behind his back, he was pepper sprayed punched and kicked, thrown around like a rag doll. Those disgusting police officers don't deserve any sympathy, any credit or any mercy, they deserve the full punishment.

That is my belief which is in line with what I have previously posted that, people charged with setting the laws and upholding the laws should be punished more strongly than the rest of us when they break those laws. they shou;d set the example or be the example by which the rest of us live.

RIP Tyre.

They deserve all that is coming to them.
I'd imagine that they'll spend the rest of their lives in solitary confinement for their own safety.
Latest police killings in America on 07:07 - Jan 30 with 1211 viewsAnotherJohn

Latest police killings in America on 10:49 - Jan 28 by Dr_Parnassus

Not sure what your point is?

It’s about crime rate not population split.

Women make up 51% of the population, do you really expect women to make up 51% of the police killings? 51% of murderers? 51% of the prison population…

Or does common sense tell you that due to men making up the bulk of violent police contact and general crimes, then they will make up 97% of the police killings and 90% of prison inmates.

Same goes for race, or whatever other demographic you want to use. Population splits are an irrelevance.
[Post edited 28 Jan 2023 11:03]

In fairness it is common to present criminal justice statistics re the ethnic breakdown for a particular category such as stop and search, arrests, prosecutions and prison population in the context of the ethnic breakdown of the general population. This allows one to determine whether the group is under or over-represented in the statistics. For example see Figure 1.01 here.

https://www.gov.uk/government/statistics/ethnicity-and-the-criminal-justice-syst
Latest police killings in America on 07:25 - Jan 30 with 1184 viewsDr_Parnassus

Latest police killings in America on 07:07 - Jan 30 by AnotherJohn

In fairness it is common to present criminal justice statistics re the ethnic breakdown for a particular category such as stop and search, arrests, prosecutions and prison population in the context of the ethnic breakdown of the general population. This allows one to determine whether the group is under or over-represented in the statistics. For example see Figure 1.01 here.

https://www.gov.uk/government/statistics/ethnicity-and-the-criminal-justice-syst

Of course but that isn’t what we are discussing.

To see police are more likely to kill a black criminal than a white one, we look at crime rate for each race and then compare out of that.

As it stands it’s 37% of the crime is committed by black people and 37% of the police killings are against black people, it’s the exact mathematical expectation.

If you want to look at how much crime a particular race is committing vs another then you look at population breakdown and look at how much over or under representative they are.

So it depends what you are trying to find out in order to know what calculation to provide. You certainly don’t look at population splits when looking at police violence, it’s flawed in every single way.

Males vs females will be the most obvious example of that. Nobody would expect females to make up 51% of arrests or indeed 51% of the police shootings. We know this because we understand males make up the vast majority of violent crimes and over represent their population split.

Once you adjust for crime rate, the 98% police killings being men makes perfect sense.

You do exactly the same with race and any other demographic split you wish to look at.

Swansea Independent Poster of the Year 2021 and 2022.
Poll: Would you swap Ayew for Piroe?

Latest police killings in America on 07:44 - Jan 30 with 1181 viewsDr_Parnassus

The best way to explain this is by taking it to a work environment.

100 workers in an office (this acts as population), 20 black workers and 80 white workers (this acts as population split).

10 of them broke into the office at night to steal computer equipment (this acts as crime rate).

5 of the group where white and 5 of the group were black. (Crime rate by race).

All 10 were sacked for gross misconduct (police shootings).

…………….

So from that, we know all the people involved in the crimes were treated equally and fairly.

They all got the same punishment.

However if you use the population to skew the figures (which is what the likes of BLM do)…

you can say:-

“this company is racist and targeting black people because it sacked 25% of its black employees (5 of 20) and only 4% of white employees (5 of 80).

That’s exactly what people do when they look at police shootings in America. 37% of shootings are black but only make up 14% of population - it means they are racist.

But we know the correct calculation was to look at the racial split of who committed the thefts, and then apply a % to who received that punishment.

In this case it is 100% white sackings and 100% black.

Exactly the same = no prejudice
………………

Now if you wanted to see how many clack people commit office theft in the company compared to white people THEN you use population splits.

And it would say that 25% of black employees did and 4% of white.

That’s how you analyse numbers of this subject matter to reach the correct mathematical outcomes.

Latest police killings in America on 08:19 - Jan 30 with 1178 viewsAnotherJohn

Latest police killings in America on 07:25 - Jan 30 by Dr_Parnassus

Of course but that isn’t what we are discussing.

To see police are more likely to kill a black criminal than a white one, we look at crime rate for each race and then compare out of that.

As it stands it’s 37% of the crime is committed by black people and 37% of the police killings are against black people, it’s the exact mathematical expectation.

If you want to look at how much crime a particular race is committing vs another then you look at population breakdown and look at how much over or under representative they are.

So it depends what you are trying to find out in order to know what calculation to provide. You certainly don’t look at population splits when looking at police violence, it’s flawed in every single way.

Males vs females will be the most obvious example of that. Nobody would expect females to make up 51% of arrests or indeed 51% of the police shootings. We know this because we understand males make up the vast majority of violent crimes and over represent their population split.

Once you adjust for crime rate, the 98% police killings being men makes perfect sense.

You do exactly the same with race and any other demographic split you wish to look at.

It is just that I felt that your argument could have been presented in a slightly different way, You make a good point in saying that the % of violent crime committed by black persons correlates pretty well with the % of police killings that involve black people. Surely it is then but a short step to say that just as black persons are over-represented in population terms in participation in violent crime they are likely to be over-represented in killings by police officers in their encounters with offenders. Putting it this way counters the argument often advanced that black people (allowing for population mix) are substantially more likely than white people to be killed by the police. However, instead you chose to go off at (what seemed to me) a bit of a tangent by arguing that population breakdown is irrelevant, and thus complicate your argument, which I think is basically along the right lines.
[Post edited 30 Jan 2023 8:25]
Login to get fewer ads

Latest police killings in America on 08:22 - Jan 30 with 1164 viewsDr_Parnassus

Latest police killings in America on 08:19 - Jan 30 by AnotherJohn

It is just that I felt that your argument could have been presented in a slightly different way, You make a good point in saying that the % of violent crime committed by black persons correlates pretty well with the % of police killings that involve black people. Surely it is then but a short step to say that just as black persons are over-represented in population terms in participation in violent crime they are likely to be over-represented in killings by police officers in their encounters with offenders. Putting it this way counters the argument often advanced that black people (allowing for population mix) are substantially more likely than white people to be killed by the police. However, instead you chose to go off at (what seemed to me) a bit of a tangent by arguing that population breakdown is irrelevant, and thus complicate your argument, which I think is basically along the right lines.
[Post edited 30 Jan 2023 8:25]

It wasn’t a tangent.

His point was that they are being targeted because their population is only 11% (that was his figures). This is the same lie pushed by BLM and the leftist media and no doubt the army on Twitter.

It’s vital to break down why population split is irrelevant in this. Otherwise they will continue to make the same dishonest point.

Crime rate is always the correct data set in this instance.

Latest police killings in America on 23:21 - Jan 30 with 1109 viewsDr_Parnassus

As predictable as night following day..

This case is now being described by many as “white supremacy”. 5 black officers, killing a black victim - white supremacy.

This obsession with racism is just tiresome.

Thankfully there are some sensible people about.

Latest police killings in America on 08:44 - Jan 31 with 1067 viewsfelixstowe_jack

Latest police killings in America on 23:21 - Jan 30 by Dr_Parnassus

As predictable as night following day..

This case is now being described by many as “white supremacy”. 5 black officers, killing a black victim - white supremacy.

This obsession with racism is just tiresome.

Thankfully there are some sensible people about.

Unfortunately the BLM movement are very silent when it is black officers committing murder.

Poll: Sholud Wales rollout vaccination at full speed.

Latest police killings in America on 08:47 - Jan 31 with 1052 viewsDr_Parnassus

Latest police killings in America on 08:44 - Jan 31 by felixstowe_jack

Unfortunately the BLM movement are very silent when it is black officers committing murder.

Yep, as I said at the time.

Black Lives Matter*

*only when convenient and able to twist the narrative to further a political point.

Latest police killings in America on 09:58 - Jan 31 with 1002 viewscontroversial_jack

This isn't about racism, it's about out of control police officers and American social decay
Latest police killings in America on 10:06 - Jan 31 with 996 viewsDr_Parnassus

Latest police killings in America on 09:58 - Jan 31 by controversial_jack

This isn't about racism, it's about out of control police officers and American social decay

Now that I agree with.

But would you be saying the same if the officers happened to be white?

Latest police killings in America on 11:33 - Jan 31 with 956 viewscontroversial_jack

Latest police killings in America on 10:06 - Jan 31 by Dr_Parnassus

Now that I agree with.

But would you be saying the same if the officers happened to be white?

It can't really be racist if it's black on black, but if it's white on black or vice versa, the question would have to be asked.
Latest police killings in America on 12:24 - Jan 31 with 929 viewsDr_Parnassus

Latest police killings in America on 11:33 - Jan 31 by controversial_jack

It can't really be racist if it's black on black, but if it's white on black or vice versa, the question would have to be asked.

The question doesn’t get asked though, it’s automatically assumed and implied before any facts are even known.

Now what if it was a black officer and a white victim?

Latest police killings in America on 12:26 - Jan 31 with 933 viewsfelixstowe_jack

Latest police killings in America on 11:33 - Jan 31 by controversial_jack

Try telling that the to the millions in Africa killed because they belong to the wrong African tribe.

Poll: Sholud Wales rollout vaccination at full speed.

Latest police killings in America on 21:32 - Jan 31 with 887 viewscontroversial_jack

Latest police killings in America on 12:26 - Jan 31 by felixstowe_jack

Try telling that the to the millions in Africa killed because they belong to the wrong African tribe.

That would be tribal not racist.
Latest police killings in America on 21:48 - Jan 31 with 875 viewsLuther27

Latest police killings in America on 21:32 - Jan 31 by controversial_jack

That would be tribal not racist.

Words eh

Blog: Grenfell Tower

Latest police killings in America on 21:56 - Jan 31 with 867 viewsDr_Parnassus

Latest police killings in America on 21:48 - Jan 31 by Luther27

Words eh

Indeed, no different really is it.

Racism, tribalism - they essentially mirror each other, it is a hate based on identity.

Let’s not forget that it is those tribal wars which then created the slavery. It was par for the course for hundreds of years prior to the Europeans buying them and taking them to America.

In Africa slaves were seen as the spoils of war and had whole colonies of slaves. It was them who then sold their people into slavery, following the footsteps of the Barbary slave trade in the Middle East and Northern Africa where it was mainly white slaves being sold, millions of them.

People look back very selectively when it comes to history and it continues into the modern day.

Assuming a white officer must be racist in an incident with a black person is the very definition of racism. Especially when it is not assumed when the opposite is true.

Latest police killings in America on 22:16 - Jan 31 with 852 viewsLuther27

Latest police killings in America on 21:56 - Jan 31 by Dr_Parnassus

Racism, tribalism - they essentially mirror each other, it is a hate based on identity.

Let’s not forget that it is those tribal wars which then created the slavery. It was par for the course for hundreds of years prior to the Europeans buying them and taking them to America.

In Africa slaves were seen as the spoils of war and had whole colonies of slaves. It was them who then sold their people into slavery, following the footsteps of the Barbary slave trade in the Middle East and Northern Africa where it was mainly white slaves being sold, millions of them.

People look back very selectively when it comes to history and it continues into the modern day.

Assuming a white officer must be racist in an incident with a black person is the very definition of racism. Especially when it is not assumed when the opposite is true.

You do know you’ll be part of the cancel culture victims by quoting history don’t you.
Lives lost….millions over the years and that’s all that matters is words and not the lives lost.

Blog: Grenfell Tower

Latest police killings in America on 23:02 - Jan 31 with 831 viewshowenjack

The disabled lives matter movement will be protesting soon I fear as I have just seen footage on Daily mail of a man holding a knife trying to get away from the police... only he has no legs and is shuffling along on his stumps . It doesn't stop them shooting him though . Apparently they thought he was going to throw the knife at them .
Latest police killings in America on 23:36 - Jan 31 with 800 viewscontroversial_jack

Latest police killings in America on 21:56 - Jan 31 by Dr_Parnassus

Slavery, wasn't about identity, racism, tribalism, or any other ism, it was purely about business.
Latest police killings in America on 00:31 - Feb 1 with 774 viewsDr_Parnassus

Latest police killings in America on 23:36 - Jan 31 by controversial_jack

Slavery, wasn't about identity, racism, tribalism, or any other ism, it was purely about business.

Agreed, but they were only initially acquired in Africa through tribalism.

Latest police killings in America on 11:00 - Feb 1 with 719 viewscontroversial_jack

Latest police killings in America on 00:31 - Feb 1 by Dr_Parnassus

Agreed, but they were only initially acquired in Africa through tribalism.

It was the strong exploiting the weak, just as it is today
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024