Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
world cup 19:07 - Dec 18 with 3885 viewsdigswellhoop

fifa boss says this was best of all-time
whats everyone's thoughts
im an old git so i go back along way
think this is to much hype cant compare differnt ages but mmexico 1970 has to be up there OH AND 1966
world cup on 14:43 - Dec 20 with 831 viewsDavieQPR

FIFA boss says this was the best ever WC for his wallet.
world cup on 18:46 - Dec 20 with 730 viewsR_from_afar

I can't forget the human rights issues with this World Cup but I really enjoyed the football. There were plenty of shocks and it was anything but predictable, plus that final, oh man, that final, it was insane!

That bizarre but effective Dutch free kick in the dying embers of their game against Argentina was one of my favourite moments and here it is again, from an unusual camera angle:

"Things had started becoming increasingly desperate at Loftus Road but QPR have been handed a massive lifeline and the place has absolutely erupted. it's carnage. It's bedlam. It's 1-1."

world cup on 12:28 - Dec 21 with 626 viewsPaddyhoops

Roy Keane got it right. It has world class participants so it was always going to be good.
He also said it was the wrong venue which was spot on .
Oddly enough he chose to stay in Quatar and decided to feck off in 2002 as he wasn’t happy with the facilities.
Nothing to do with money. I’m sure!
world cup on 15:28 - Dec 21 with 571 viewsdsw2509

Overall it was one of the best 3 world cups. I go back to 1966.

For me 1970 still stands alone. The incomparable Brazil team were the best team ever. And the big European teams were better than in 1966. I mention Italy with Boninsegna, Riva, Faccetti and Burgnich, Germany with Mueller, Seeler and Beckenbauer and England with an all round better team.

1982 was also great. That Italy Brazil match is the best single match ever. And Brazil’s fourth goal in the 1970 final is the best goal ever.

Against that, 2022 offers the second hat trick in a final-and by a player on the losing side. Morocco had a break out performance. There were more low level shocks. And many of the European teams underperformed.

I just hope 2026 doesn’t become a mass of mediocre teams leading to lots of bad matches. And a definite no to the mad idea of 3 team groups.
world cup on 16:32 - Dec 21 with 529 viewsToast_R

Can't really see how 2026 is anything but a lesser quality and longer drawn out world cup. Three team group stage doesn't work and like the Euros having the best third placed teams from several groups go through also weakens the jeopardy involved. I suppose it will be good to see the Azteca Stadium again though.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024