Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The real gauge as to the appetite for Welsh separatism. 15:33 - Aug 25 with 8741 viewsLohengrin

Despite all the Yes Cymru stickers you’ll encounter on road signs, despite the obvious enthusiasm for political self-immolation you’ll see from a few on here and on the other place, this is the real state of public enthusiasm.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-wales-62668046

An idea isn't responsible for those who believe in it.

The real gauge as to the appetite for Welsh separatism. on 10:58 - Aug 29 with 1108 viewsGwyn737

The real gauge as to the appetite for Welsh separatism. on 22:10 - Aug 28 by Catullus

Oh come on, is the Uk alone in all this? Are the Eu countries not in a mess too? If we were still in the EU would we still be rolling along just fine? The only possible answer is no.

Germany, https://newsrnd.com/news/2022-08-27-gas-crisis-reveals-the-dirty-secret-of-the-g

France, https://uk.finance.yahoo.com/news/price-electricity-just-hit-time-194218670.html

The rest of the EU is in no better shape, https://uk.finance.yahoo.com/news/eu-eyes-emergency-talks-energy-113627278.html

So why do you think this is down to Brexit? If we were still in the EU we would still be in this crisis. Very little of the current problems are down to brexit, we had hardly got though the covid pandemic and were still suffering it;s financial effects when Russia invaded Ukraine. So if you can, please explain why you think this is about brexit being a disaster?

They’re still in better positions than us with leaders who are being far more proactive.

Brexit was supposed to make us better, wasn’t it?

Latest polling shows 16% of us think it’s going well. I see nothing in the future to suggest that number will rise.
The real gauge as to the appetite for Welsh separatism. on 11:25 - Aug 29 with 1090 viewsKilkennyjack

The real gauge as to the appetite for Welsh separatism. on 22:02 - Aug 28 by raynor94

And Drakeford is doing such a great job, any idea where he is hiding at this moment in time?

He was at the Cardiff Pride march, lots of photos.

Beware of the Risen People

The real gauge as to the appetite for Welsh separatism. on 11:30 - Aug 29 with 1087 viewsKilkennyjack

The real gauge as to the appetite for Welsh separatism. on 10:09 - Aug 29 by 73__73

32% 😂 absolute nonsense

No - its true.

As John said a significant figure we can build on.
Wait until we see a free Scotland and a united Ireland in the EU.
The SNP and Sinn Fein are already in power - so there’s a clue for you.

And PM Truss waiting in the wings …. 🤣🤣

The real gauge as to the appetite for Welsh separatism. on 11:50 - Aug 29 with 1079 viewsJoesus_Of_Narbereth

The real gauge as to the appetite for Welsh separatism. on 11:25 - Aug 29 by Kilkennyjack

Glad he’s working hard.

Poll: We all dream of a managerial team of Alan Tates?

The real gauge as to the appetite for Welsh separatism. on 12:03 - Aug 29 with 1075 viewsraynor94

The real gauge as to the appetite for Welsh separatism. on 11:25 - Aug 29 by Kilkennyjack

I bet the Welsh NHS workers will be pleased to see him out enjoying himself, after the derisory pay offer they have on the table.

You give it out, you take it back it`s all part of the game
Poll: Happy to see Martin go

The real gauge as to the appetite for Welsh separatism. on 12:22 - Aug 29 with 1067 viewsBoundy

The real gauge as to the appetite for Welsh separatism. on 11:50 - Aug 29 by Joesus_Of_Narbereth

Glad he’s working hard.

wasn't he one of the group of lesbians evicted ( pride V lesbians , not sure how that happened but it did )

"In a free society, the State is the servant of the people—not the master."

The real gauge as to the appetite for Welsh separatism. on 12:34 - Aug 29 with 1063 viewsBrynmill_Jack

The real gauge as to the appetite for Welsh separatism. on 10:09 - Aug 29 by 73__73

32% 😂 absolute nonsense

I have a feeling the Welsh language and Indy campaigners have taken a leaf out of the Cardiff City book of total exaggerations.

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

The real gauge as to the appetite for Welsh separatism. on 12:42 - Aug 29 with 1060 viewsBryanSwan

The real gauge as to the appetite for Welsh separatism. on 12:34 - Aug 29 by Brynmill_Jack

I have a feeling the Welsh language and Indy campaigners have taken a leaf out of the Cardiff City book of total exaggerations.

It was just a poll run by YouGov, the Unionists still have a 68% majority at the minute.
Or is the 68% an exaggeration too?

Poll: When will Russell Martin no longer be Swansea manager?

Login to get fewer ads

The real gauge as to the appetite for Welsh separatism. on 17:15 - Aug 29 with 1032 viewsjohnlangy

The real gauge as to the appetite for Welsh separatism. on 10:26 - Aug 29 by Dr_Winston

I would be very surprised if, in a referendum held within the next year or so, if the percentage of the eligible electorate who voted for Independence was more than 25%. Probably lower than 20%. Based on previous turnouts for votes on the matter a lot of people don't give a toss either way and wouldn't bother to vote. Most of the rest would choose to stay put.

I think even in Scotland the actual percentage of the electorate who turned out to vote for Independence barely reached 40%, and that's with the significantly more separate status that they've had in the Union.
[Post edited 29 Aug 2022 10:42]

Turnout in the Scottish indy ref was 84.6%.
The real gauge as to the appetite for Welsh separatism. on 17:18 - Aug 29 with 1029 viewsjohnlangy

The real gauge as to the appetite for Welsh separatism. on 10:26 - Aug 29 by Dr_Winston

I would be very surprised if, in a referendum held within the next year or so, if the percentage of the eligible electorate who voted for Independence was more than 25%. Probably lower than 20%. Based on previous turnouts for votes on the matter a lot of people don't give a toss either way and wouldn't bother to vote. Most of the rest would choose to stay put.

I think even in Scotland the actual percentage of the electorate who turned out to vote for Independence barely reached 40%, and that's with the significantly more separate status that they've had in the Union.
[Post edited 29 Aug 2022 10:42]

Sorry Dr, I misunderstood the point you were making.

The pro indy vote was 44.7%.
The real gauge as to the appetite for Welsh separatism. on 17:53 - Aug 29 with 1018 viewsKilkennyjack

The real gauge as to the appetite for Welsh separatism. on 12:42 - Aug 29 by BryanSwan

It was just a poll run by YouGov, the Unionists still have a 68% majority at the minute.
Or is the 68% an exaggeration too?

Yep it looks like thats an exaggeration, fairs fair like ….😉

The real gauge as to the appetite for Welsh separatism. on 17:55 - Aug 29 with 1018 views73__73

The real gauge as to the appetite for Welsh separatism. on 11:30 - Aug 29 by Kilkennyjack

No - its true.

As John said a significant figure we can build on.
Wait until we see a free Scotland and a united Ireland in the EU.
The SNP and Sinn Fein are already in power - so there’s a clue for you.

And PM Truss waiting in the wings …. 🤣🤣

If you say it’s true, then it must be

Poll: Should Swansea expand its concourses, to accommodate fans of big clubs

The real gauge as to the appetite for Welsh separatism. on 18:08 - Aug 29 with 1007 viewsDr_Winston

The real gauge as to the appetite for Welsh separatism. on 17:18 - Aug 29 by johnlangy

Sorry Dr, I misunderstood the point you were making.

The pro indy vote was 44.7%.

Of those who voted. 60% either voted to remain or didn't care enough about independence to vote for it.

Abstentions tell a tale too.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

The real gauge as to the appetite for Welsh separatism. on 22:35 - Aug 29 with 987 viewsCatullus

The real gauge as to the appetite for Welsh separatism. on 10:58 - Aug 29 by Gwyn737

They’re still in better positions than us with leaders who are being far more proactive.

Brexit was supposed to make us better, wasn’t it?

Latest polling shows 16% of us think it’s going well. I see nothing in the future to suggest that number will rise.

Better positions than us? How?

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2022-08-24/eu-eyes-emergency-talks-on-en

They have the same price rises to deal with, germany has talked of rationing, the whole of Europe is heading for recession as well as elsewhere in the world.

We are all in trouble surely. The UK's problem is that Bojo has given up and we've had to wait weeks until the new leader takes over, lets see how proactive that new leader is but it's not brexit that has caused our current woes, it's Russia and having an uttery useless government that we would likely have had if we had voted to remain. Though maybe we wouldn't have had to suffer bojo but the tories would be there still.

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

The real gauge as to the appetite for Welsh separatism. on 07:07 - Aug 30 with 957 viewsDr_Winston

The real gauge as to the appetite for Welsh separatism. on 22:35 - Aug 29 by Catullus

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2022-08-24/eu-eyes-emergency-talks-on-en

They have the same price rises to deal with, germany has talked of rationing, the whole of Europe is heading for recession as well as elsewhere in the world.

We are all in trouble surely. The UK's problem is that Bojo has given up and we've had to wait weeks until the new leader takes over, lets see how proactive that new leader is but it's not brexit that has caused our current woes, it's Russia and having an uttery useless government that we would likely have had if we had voted to remain. Though maybe we wouldn't have had to suffer bojo but the tories would be there still.

Yeah. There are loads of FBPE types desperate to ignore, well, everything else that's going on in the world in their attempts to blame everything on Brexit.

Brexit hasn't gone well, but you wouldn't expect it to when the people in charge at the start of negotiating it were all staunch Remainers. Theresa May and Philip Hammond have a lot to answer for.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

The real gauge as to the appetite for Welsh separatism. on 09:10 - Aug 30 with 932 viewsCatullus

The real gauge as to the appetite for Welsh separatism. on 07:07 - Aug 30 by Dr_Winston

Yeah. There are loads of FBPE types desperate to ignore, well, everything else that's going on in the world in their attempts to blame everything on Brexit.

Brexit hasn't gone well, but you wouldn't expect it to when the people in charge at the start of negotiating it were all staunch Remainers. Theresa May and Philip Hammond have a lot to answer for.

People talk about our price rises being the highest percentage wise, but that's not true either. We are 4th in Europe, Belgium I think have had a 234% rise and Germany are thrird on 219% whereas we ar currently at 209%, I can't remember who is second.

Even so, you have to find out who had the highest prices to start with and then match it to the increases to see who is paying the most now.

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

The real gauge as to the appetite for Welsh separatism. on 10:07 - Aug 30 with 923 viewsDr_Winston

The real gauge as to the appetite for Welsh separatism. on 09:10 - Aug 30 by Catullus

People talk about our price rises being the highest percentage wise, but that's not true either. We are 4th in Europe, Belgium I think have had a 234% rise and Germany are thrird on 219% whereas we ar currently at 209%, I can't remember who is second.

Even so, you have to find out who had the highest prices to start with and then match it to the increases to see who is paying the most now.

Yep. The percentage figure in and of itself is completely meaningless without context.

The real gauge as to the appetite for Welsh separatism. on 11:38 - Aug 30 with 910 viewsjohnlangy

The real gauge as to the appetite for Welsh separatism. on 18:08 - Aug 29 by Dr_Winston

Of those who voted. 60% either voted to remain or didn't care enough about independence to vote for it.

Abstentions tell a tale too.

You're right, abstentions do tell a tale and that means they didn't care enough about Independence to vote for it. They also didn't care enough about the Union to vote No in the referendum.

So they'd have been equally happy with a yes vote as a no vote.
The real gauge as to the appetite for Welsh separatism. on 12:19 - Aug 30 with 896 viewsSandanista

The real gauge as to the appetite for Welsh separatism. on 22:35 - Aug 29 by Catullus

The advantage Germany has, is it's a Federal state and each region or major city (Landen) has considerable local control. A good system, in that one size does not fit all across Germany or the UK. We have a centralising government.
The real gauge as to the appetite for Welsh separatism. on 12:49 - Aug 30 with 877 viewsBoundy

The real gauge as to the appetite for Welsh separatism. on 12:19 - Aug 30 by Sandanista

The advantage Germany has, is it's a Federal state and each region or major city (Landen) has considerable local control. A good system, in that one size does not fit all across Germany or the UK. We have a centralising government.

Also they're far more dependant on Russian gas than we are hence the back tracking on obtaining zero net emissions

"In a free society, the State is the servant of the people—not the master."

The real gauge as to the appetite for Welsh separatism. on 13:53 - Aug 30 with 849 viewsSandanista

The real gauge as to the appetite for Welsh separatism. on 12:49 - Aug 30 by Boundy

Also they're far more dependant on Russian gas than we are hence the back tracking on obtaining zero net emissions

Also have very little coastline to utilise for offshore wind, nor have oil/gas fields on their own.

Shows the UK economic underperformance across multiple governments (of all hues) compared to Germany since the 1970s
The real gauge as to the appetite for Welsh separatism. on 17:18 - Aug 30 with 813 viewsKilkennyjack

The real gauge as to the appetite for Welsh separatism. on 17:55 - Aug 29 by 73__73

If you say it’s true, then it must be

Yep ….

The real gauge as to the appetite for Welsh separatism. on 19:17 - Aug 30 with 798 views1462jack

The real gauge as to the appetite for Welsh separatism. on 17:18 - Aug 30 by Kilkennyjack

Yep ….

Well plaid ! Article wrote by a welsh indi pushing journalists and the author of independent nation👍 you got nothing mate
[Post edited 30 Aug 2022 19:21]
The real gauge as to the appetite for Welsh separatism. on 21:10 - Aug 30 with 746 viewsKilkennyjack

The real gauge as to the appetite for Welsh separatism. on 19:17 - Aug 30 by 1462jack

Well plaid ! Article wrote by a welsh indi pushing journalists and the author of independent nation👍 you got nothing mate
[Post edited 30 Aug 2022 19:21]

I am not your mate.

You send threats to people on this site.
Thats who you are.

The real gauge as to the appetite for Welsh separatism. on 21:15 - Aug 30 with 730 views1462jack

The real gauge as to the appetite for Welsh separatism. on 21:10 - Aug 30 by Kilkennyjack

I am not your mate.

You send threats to people on this site.
Thats who you are.

Nonsense , now you want to retract or you want to be shown up for lying
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024