Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
RS and the board 19:04 - Aug 18 with 7348 viewssomdale

Got to get this off my chest.
I think the board have handled the RS situation terribly.
If they were going to sack him then surely end of last season was the time to do it.
Instead they gave him our Crown Jewels, they watched as he did the retain list and overlook the leaving of some of our better players who he would have rather kept, they watched as he worked tirelessly during close and pre season to get a new squad together, bringing in players which overall received good praise from the fans.
They watched as he had to wait till the pre season finished before he could fill the squad out with loaners, one who hasn't even played yet.
They watched as he worked hard to get a new squad to work together, showing glimpses of a good side, whilst showing frustrating lapses in concentration and missing many chances in front of goal.
They watched all this unfold and then after 5 yes just 5 games, including a very pleasing cup win, they sacked him.
Now we start again, only with a manager who doesn't know the players, who will have to instill his way of playing, maybe the players will be less suited to that style,it's a big gamble, and what happens if he loses his first 4 games??
RS and the board (n/t) on 07:54 - Aug 19 with 1452 viewsDale_4_Life

RS and the board on 23:19 - Aug 18 by TVOS1907

If we don't pick up points soon, we'll need Terry Griffiths!

[Post edited 19 Aug 2022 7:55]
RS and the board on 10:19 - Aug 19 with 1184 viewsBucketBstard

I agree with Somdale to some extent . I dont think we could do much about keeping the half decent players from last season. But I was definitely not impressed with his recruitment over the summer.
We are now stuck with at least 8 sub standard players for this level of football.
At least the board did act and got rid, but a little foolish to let him spend most of our recruitment money, before doing so!
As mentioned above I would also go for an experienced manager who can at least manage the rabble that we have and maybe instil a bit of pride , guts and determination, as well as able to change tactic and utilise what we have.
We shall see.
RS and the board on 12:50 - Aug 19 with 991 viewskel

RS and the board on 10:19 - Aug 19 by BucketBstard

I agree with Somdale to some extent . I dont think we could do much about keeping the half decent players from last season. But I was definitely not impressed with his recruitment over the summer.
We are now stuck with at least 8 sub standard players for this level of football.
At least the board did act and got rid, but a little foolish to let him spend most of our recruitment money, before doing so!
As mentioned above I would also go for an experienced manager who can at least manage the rabble that we have and maybe instil a bit of pride , guts and determination, as well as able to change tactic and utilise what we have.
We shall see.

Aye, cos you’ll get right behind the new manager won’t you?
[Post edited 19 Aug 2022 12:50]
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024