Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Is Warburton still available? 21:56 - Aug 16 with 6092 viewsthompsonridd

Awful defensive performance
Is Warburton still available? on 08:39 - Aug 19 with 912 viewsR_from_afar

Is Warburton still available? on 12:06 - Aug 17 by Silverfoxqpr

Think a wise man (on here) once said if this wasn't to go well in the first 6 games it could get very nasty, very quickly. Not that I personally think it should by the way, it probably will though unfortunately.

If we lose against Rotherham, I think you will see that the grace period has most definitely not been extended to six games.

"Things had started becoming increasingly desperate at Loftus Road but QPR have been handed a massive lifeline and the place has absolutely erupted. it's carnage. It's bedlam. It's 1-1."

Is Warburton still available? on 08:52 - Aug 19 with 871 viewsJPC

Feels like the difference between (experienced) Managers and Coaches. Managers can often make an immediate step change in performance (e.g Warnock). There is the issue of where tht leaves you long-term. Recruiting Beale, who has a well-earned reputation as a great coach tends to mean that he will steadily improve performances. Hopefully as he gains experience in what is his first appointment, he'll also be able to add the managerial skills. I was happy to buy into that when he was appointed.
Is Warburton still available? on 13:07 - Aug 19 with 740 viewsR_from_afar

Is Warburton still available? on 22:07 - Aug 16 by Beckenhamhoop

I don’t think the issue was the Defence at all. We looked like a team completely devoid of ideas. We struggled to get the ball forward with any pace unlike Blackpool.
I couldn’t see any evidence that we were playing to a style or system which I’m shocked at bearing in mind Beale’s reputation as a great coach. Roberts combined well with Laird a few times and Armstrong did well when he came on other than that it was a very concerning performance. Paal looked bang average. Johansen’s position in the starting team must increasingly be in question. And what I think of Dykes is not printable. This team messes with my head.

"I couldn’t see any evidence that we were playing to a style or system which I’m shocked at bearing in mind Beale’s reputation as a great coach".

Surely this is going to take a while to achieve, though, as our still new coach tries to find the best way of using the limited resources at our disposal? That is normally the case with new coaches or managers.

I also doubt we would be questioning our style and system if we had won. In any case, I thought we had a style, possession based football paired with miracle last gasp goals from our 'keeper

For the record, I am very disappointed in our start to the season and am not typing this while simultaneously trying to clap.

"Things had started becoming increasingly desperate at Loftus Road but QPR have been handed a massive lifeline and the place has absolutely erupted. it's carnage. It's bedlam. It's 1-1."

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024