Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Harrogate (h) Match Thread 18:12 - Feb 10 with 19935 viewsHullDale

Harrogate (h) Match Thread on 17:23 - Feb 12 with 3139 viewsShun

Good game, ok performance, poor result. The amount of chances we’re missing is concerning, as well as the amount of defensive mistakes we’re conceding. That’s 5 goals conceded now in the 120 minutes since Downing got injured.

I thought Newby was excellent today, and Dooley did the defensive side of things well but didn’t seem positive enough. My first glance of the three newbies today. Ball and Campbell started brightly but faded significantly as the game went on. I’m so pleased for Campbell getting that first goal though as there’s clearly talent there. We looked a far better proposition with two up if front - more of the same I expect when they both get upto full fitness.
Harrogate (h) Match Thread on 17:32 - Feb 12 with 3044 viewsdale_spotland

Another rubbish performance, to score 3 at home and not win is criminal, O’Connnell clearly isn’t happy since his best mate went to city and I’m sick to death of him making mistakes and blaming everyone around him like he’s too good to be playing with those around him, arrogant so and so. Not a pair of dangly bits between the entire squad.

Days like this one weren't supposed to happen to Rochdale.

Harrogate (h) Match Thread on 17:39 - Feb 12 with 2977 views1907

Make no mistake about it. We are in a relegation battle.

Theres serious questions to be asked of the manager following that shambles.

Today felt like a turning point for me, unfortunately.
Harrogate (h) Match Thread on 17:47 - Feb 12 with 2866 viewsRooleyMoorBlue

Harrogate (h) Match Thread on 17:39 - Feb 12 by 1907

Make no mistake about it. We are in a relegation battle.

Theres serious questions to be asked of the manager following that shambles.

Today felt like a turning point for me, unfortunately.

But for Harrogate having a defence as bad as ours we would have been dead and buried after an hour. As bad as any performance in the last 3 years.
Harrogate (h) Match Thread on 17:47 - Feb 12 with 2858 viewsjonahwhereru

Hopefully that defensive performance will temper the voices saying RS is stubborn and shouldn’t go to a back four at home. I think he went to a four out of necessity today rather than a tactical change. Like him I would mot have used Max in a three or a four today.
So the question is how do we get two up top and deploy three at the back. The coaching staff will have a far better idea than me, so I will leave it to them. Possibly JK being available may provide more options.
Have to say after dropping a point late on Tuesday, today’s finish will give the players a lift. Said after Tuesday that Charman and Campbell will loose confidence if they don’t get any service / chances, so I was really please that Campbell got a goal.
We are not great right now but we dug ourselves out of it today, and several other results went our way. Some will be half empty people, some half full, can take either view. But not that the glass is empty.
UTDNFS
Harrogate (h) Match Thread on 17:53 - Feb 12 with 2796 viewstony_roch975

Harrogate (h) Match Thread on 17:20 - Feb 12 by 442Dale

Including the ones who make unnecessary derogatory comments about one of our top ten all time appearance makers?

Anyway... Let’s not pretend that was anywhere near good enough but credit where it’s due to the players and the manager for getting a point in the end. Going 4-4-2 saw Campbell all of a sudden have a weight lifted resulting in his excellent finish.
Not sure what we do next though as there were enough examples there to show why we play with wing-backs as O’Keeffe struggled positionally, far too often they got in down our right hand side. 3-5-2? Midfield of Ball and Dooley with Grant or Newby allowed to float maybe, because we definitely need two up top even if it means Done starting until Charman can do 90minutes.

Absolutely credit for a point gained in the end. O'Keefe always struggles positionally - thankfully Keohane is back training, then O'Keefe can be assessed as the midfielder he is. I'd like Grant playing behind 2 strikers and I'm not a Newby fan but thought he put in some energy & bite 2nd half. 2 up top was refreshing - both running the channels effectively. Thought Ball was wasted in the deeper position.

Poll: What sort of Club do we want - if we can't have the status quo

Harrogate (h) Match Thread on 17:53 - Feb 12 with 2766 viewsD_Alien

Where to begin with that?

At 1-3 i had the first thoughts that we were going to get dragged down but whereas it might've been a turning point in my outlook, it ended as what should be a more positive turning point for the rest of the season. Clearly, the fight and the ability going forward are there but christ, we need to do something about our defence. Without Downing we were all over the place

Not sure about Harrogate being poor (why do we keep getting such comments about the opposition?) they took their chances very well, and they'll feel like they've lost when we've finished on a positive

Kelly. Correct and brave decision to remove him at half time, he just wasn't good enough and the naiviety of the penalty was truly awful, and like he just didn't really care

Ball. MoM by a mile, driving us forward at every opportunity even when asked to play a deeper role in the second half. His shaking fist after we'd equalised to the Sandy crowd was exactly what we need. I'd make him captain now over O'Connell (probably won't happen). Enjoyed being in the Sandy today

As others have said, really pleased for Campbell, especially after missing the sitter of an header first half. He and Charman looked a handful and that's got to be the way forward now

Finally, O'Keeffe. Awful defensively and his unerring smashing of crosses out of play late on was dreadful. Needs to up his game. If he thinks he's here because he's good he'd better start proving it

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Harrogate (h) Match Thread on 17:55 - Feb 12 with 2755 viewstony_roch975

Harrogate (h) Match Thread on 17:23 - Feb 12 by Shun

Good game, ok performance, poor result. The amount of chances we’re missing is concerning, as well as the amount of defensive mistakes we’re conceding. That’s 5 goals conceded now in the 120 minutes since Downing got injured.

I thought Newby was excellent today, and Dooley did the defensive side of things well but didn’t seem positive enough. My first glance of the three newbies today. Ball and Campbell started brightly but faded significantly as the game went on. I’m so pleased for Campbell getting that first goal though as there’s clearly talent there. We looked a far better proposition with two up if front - more of the same I expect when they both get upto full fitness.

Dooley managed 2 assists today - sounds pretty positive to me.

Poll: What sort of Club do we want - if we can't have the status quo

Login to get fewer ads

Harrogate (h) Match Thread on 17:59 - Feb 12 with 2703 viewsD_Alien

Harrogate (h) Match Thread on 17:55 - Feb 12 by tony_roch975

Dooley managed 2 assists today - sounds pretty positive to me.

Yeah, thought Dooley was pretty good today. He'll benefit from having someone solid like Ball around him too

[Post edited 12 Feb 2022 17:59]

Harrogate (h) Match Thread on 18:07 - Feb 12 with 2622 views1907

Harrogate (h) Match Thread on 17:47 - Feb 12 by jonahwhereru

Hopefully that defensive performance will temper the voices saying RS is stubborn and shouldn’t go to a back four at home. I think he went to a four out of necessity today rather than a tactical change. Like him I would mot have used Max in a three or a four today.
So the question is how do we get two up top and deploy three at the back. The coaching staff will have a far better idea than me, so I will leave it to them. Possibly JK being available may provide more options.
Have to say after dropping a point late on Tuesday, today’s finish will give the players a lift. Said after Tuesday that Charman and Campbell will loose confidence if they don’t get any service / chances, so I was really please that Campbell got a goal.
We are not great right now but we dug ourselves out of it today, and several other results went our way. Some will be half empty people, some half full, can take either view. But not that the glass is empty.
UTDNFS

We need to play four at the back and the defenders need to step up and do the job they’re paid for.

We’re playing in a division that is of a really poor standard & we really do not need to have 3 centre halves, at home, on the pitch against such poor teams - there really is a good reason why our record against the bottom half of this division is so poor.

Yes there is a time and a place where five at the back is appropriate, but not against everyone or week in week out.

I feel like a broken record but it’s beyond a joke if I’m honest.

The Bolton manager was on BoltonFM earlier saying how they always set up based on the opposition, imagine if we could be so forward thinking???

Going forward today was the best & most dangerous we’ve looked in a long time. The fact of the matter is those defenders need to have a strong look in the mirror after that performance.

O’Connell was an absolute disgrace today, I don’t think I’ve ever felt more resentment toward a “captain” of our club as I did towards that coward as he legged it down the tunnel as the final whistle went.

If we’d defending like a national league north team today we could have won that game. The fact of the matter is the players are taking us for a ride & the manager is serving up negative, weak, dross with every performance.

Stockdale talks a good game, his comments post match are in tune with the fans - yet he’s ultimately failing.

As Charman warmed up, the heckling towards the bench was noticeable - “10 minutes too late Robbie” proved to be accurate!

Charman was excellent when he came on & Campbell finally looked like the player we’d all thought we’d signed.

The goals we’ve conceded today were as bad as any in many a year, the basic errors are atrocious.

That equalising goal has glossed over a hell of a lot of cracks & I’m officially at breaking point with what I’m watching.

The off-field activity has no bearing on how this team is playing now. The team and the manager needs to be judged on results and the results are way below par.
Harrogate (h) Match Thread on 18:14 - Feb 12 with 2549 viewsTVOS1907

Harrogate (h) Match Thread on 17:22 - Feb 12 by diver

Beware Keith Hill May have a point to make!!

Like when his Bolton side played us?

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

Harrogate (h) Match Thread on 18:17 - Feb 12 with 2495 viewsRAFCBLUE

The table is still a bit false given the number of games played by each team is wildly different and our games are skewed because of Covid-19 and other postponements.

Of the 18 remaining we have 10 at home and 8 away. I'd still say we'll finish mid-table.

Offensively we have scored 35 goals which puts us ahead of Tranmere (2nd) and level with Northampton (3rd).

Defensively we have conceeded 38 which is 17 more than Tranmere and 13 more than Northampton.

Those goals equate to 20 points - Tranmere and Northampton only lost 8 each, we have lost 9.

Our problem is too many draws and over two games we have scored 5 goals against Harrogate - and only collected 1 point.

George Bernard Shaw had it right: "He who can does; he who cannot, teaches." https://www.visittheusa.co.uk/
Poll: EGM - which way are you voting?

Harrogate (h) Match Thread on 18:20 - Feb 12 with 2452 viewsMass_Debater

Harrogate (h) Match Thread on 18:07 - Feb 12 by 1907

We need to play four at the back and the defenders need to step up and do the job they’re paid for.

We’re playing in a division that is of a really poor standard & we really do not need to have 3 centre halves, at home, on the pitch against such poor teams - there really is a good reason why our record against the bottom half of this division is so poor.

Yes there is a time and a place where five at the back is appropriate, but not against everyone or week in week out.

The Bolton manager was on BoltonFM earlier saying how they always set up based on the opposition, imagine if we could be so forward thinking???

Going forward today was the best & most dangerous we’ve looked in a long time. The fact of the matter is those defenders need to have a strong look in the mirror after that performance.

O’Connell was an absolute disgrace today, I don’t think I’ve ever felt more resentment toward a “captain” of our club as I did towards that coward as he legged it down the tunnel as the final whistle went.

If we’d defending like a national league north team today we could have won that game. The fact of the matter is the players are taking us for a ride & the manager is serving up negative, weak, dross with every performance.

Stockdale talks a good game, his comments post match are in tune with the fans - yet he’s ultimately failing.

As Charman warmed up, the heckling towards the bench was noticeable - “10 minutes too late Robbie” proved to be accurate!

Charman was excellent when he came on & Campbell finally looked like the player we’d all thought we’d signed.

The goals we’ve conceded today were as bad as any in many a year, the basic errors are atrocious.

That equalising goal has glossed over a hell of a lot of cracks & I’m officially at breaking point with what I’m watching.

The off-field activity has no bearing on how this team is playing now. The team and the manager needs to be judged on results and the results are way below par.

You've never liked RS, have you?
Harrogate (h) Match Thread on 18:22 - Feb 12 with 2427 viewsboromat

I'd love.to see us play 2 up front from now on. Campbell looked a different player with someone alongside him.

Poll: What are we more excited for?

Harrogate (h) Match Thread on 18:31 - Feb 12 with 2323 views1907

Harrogate (h) Match Thread on 18:20 - Feb 12 by Mass_Debater

You've never liked RS, have you?

He’s had far more leeway than most managers we’ve had & also just been given a war chest probably greater than Hill ever saw across all his tenures combined.

Can you tell me, right at the moment in time, what you’re seeing on the pitch that justifies such blind faith in this manager?

I’d love TVOS to come in on this now and give us the win ratios of the last ten managers, because excuses aside - this is absolutely terrible.
Harrogate (h) Match Thread on 18:32 - Feb 12 with 2323 viewsrichfoad32

Harrogate (h) Match Thread on 18:22 - Feb 12 by boromat

I'd love.to see us play 2 up front from now on. Campbell looked a different player with someone alongside him.

So pleased for him that he scored today, god knows what it's doing for his morale having to feed off scraps and battle with two or three defenders when it's obviously not his game. I get that Charman might not be up to L2 fitness but surely he can't be that far off? Why not start him and let him go as long as he can before he's gassed?
Harrogate (h) Match Thread on 18:36 - Feb 12 with 2256 viewsD_Alien

Harrogate (h) Match Thread on 18:32 - Feb 12 by richfoad32

So pleased for him that he scored today, god knows what it's doing for his morale having to feed off scraps and battle with two or three defenders when it's obviously not his game. I get that Charman might not be up to L2 fitness but surely he can't be that far off? Why not start him and let him go as long as he can before he's gassed?

That's a bit too much of a final solution?

(Apols if anyone's offended by that!)

Harrogate (h) Match Thread on 18:36 - Feb 12 with 2265 viewsoddjob007

Heard a rumour that O’Connell has made it clear that he doesn’t want to be here… quite obvious in his body language and has been for some time. I’d rather have McNulty play if that’s the case and the club captain can suffer the embarrassment of sitting on the bench.

Not sure where to begin with today… we were awesome going forward at times, but the defending was atrocious.

We’re lacking a bite. Ball I think will get there, but we are soft. Not sure if Newby is worried about ruining his s*** hair, but he pulled out of several challenges.
[Post edited 12 Feb 2022 18:38]
Harrogate (h) Match Thread on 18:40 - Feb 12 with 2219 viewsNewbury_Dale

Harrogate are a poor side and if we are going to secure our league status, teams like this need to be beaten.
Harrogate (h) Match Thread on 18:43 - Feb 12 with 2186 viewsMass_Debater

Harrogate (h) Match Thread on 18:31 - Feb 12 by 1907

He’s had far more leeway than most managers we’ve had & also just been given a war chest probably greater than Hill ever saw across all his tenures combined.

Can you tell me, right at the moment in time, what you’re seeing on the pitch that justifies such blind faith in this manager?

I’d love TVOS to come in on this now and give us the win ratios of the last ten managers, because excuses aside - this is absolutely terrible.

I only said you've never liked him.
Harrogate (h) Match Thread on 18:47 - Feb 12 with 2142 viewsboromat

We've got the highest amount of draws in the league and there's only one team that's won less than us. Let's hope those games in hand are wins!

Poll: What are we more excited for?

Harrogate (h) Match Thread on 18:48 - Feb 12 with 2133 viewsNewbury_Dale

Harrogate (h) Match Thread on 18:22 - Feb 12 by boromat

His success at Woking was as a result of playing off a 'big man', Iffy Effiong. I don't think he will do much for us with his back to goal all game. RS would know this surely.
Harrogate (h) Match Thread on 18:49 - Feb 12 with 2110 viewsShun

Harrogate (h) Match Thread on 18:36 - Feb 12 by oddjob007

Heard a rumour that O’Connell has made it clear that he doesn’t want to be here… quite obvious in his body language and has been for some time. I’d rather have McNulty play if that’s the case and the club captain can suffer the embarrassment of sitting on the bench.

Not sure where to begin with today… we were awesome going forward at times, but the defending was atrocious.

We’re lacking a bite. Ball I think will get there, but we are soft. Not sure if Newby is worried about ruining his s*** hair, but he pulled out of several challenges.
[Post edited 12 Feb 2022 18:38]

I’ve heard the same, but on the pitch he’s been showing he doesn’t want to be here for a while now. If that was the case he should’ve requested his agent do a better job of finding him a new club in January. That hasn’t happened so he needs to realise he’s here till summer whatever happens. He can sulk all he wants but he’s paid money the likes of which most football fans could only dream of, and has the honour of being the club captain. He needs to start acting like it and show a bit more responsibility.

What frustrates me is that we’re famously a club who won’t stand in the way of a player’s career. The fact that he’s been here for so long and no other club has come in with a good enough offer shows how much he’s coveted, so perhaps he isn’t as good as he thinks he is.
Harrogate (h) Match Thread on 18:54 - Feb 12 with 2045 viewsjonahwhereru

Harrogate (h) Match Thread on 18:07 - Feb 12 by 1907

O’connell was grand on Tuesday night and does as much coaching of the back line as any club could wish for, pity they don’t listen more. Think O’Keeffe must struggle with the accent or something as he Ignored his advice all night.
Think some may have decided they don’t want him at the club anymore, while others were sweating he would not be sold in the window.
Don’t worry your resentment will only have to endure another 3 months then he will be gone.
Harrogate (h) Match Thread on 18:54 - Feb 12 with 2043 views1907

Harrogate (h) Match Thread on 18:43 - Feb 12 by Mass_Debater

I only said you've never liked him.

And I object to that.

I have nothing against the man on a personal basis, however I’ve never fully understood the love in with him after witnessing the football on display for the majority of the season.

I do feel there has been an element of rose tinted glasses with Stockdale all season, a lot of us have had patience and persisted with the garbage hoping for better things in January. Ultimately February is now here and things, if anything, are deteriorating.

We are wholly incapable of winning games of football and are sleeping walking into a potential relegation.

If that makes me negative, or a bad fan, for seeing things like that then so be it.

I know there were plenty of people feeling exactly the same at half time in the bar.
[Post edited 13 Feb 2022 11:38]
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024