Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Must Win Match of the Season Part 29 - Boro Game Thread 18:44 - Feb 8 with 35523 viewsEmpireStateRanger

Sticking my neck out here to start the game thread. If this all goes terrible wrong I'll retreat back into my shell.

This one is getting extra hype, and rightfully so. Should be a good litmus test.

1-0 Rangers. Field 71'.
Must Win Match of the Season Part 29 - Boro Game Thread on 21:43 - Feb 9 with 2447 viewsMetallica_Hoop

I'll take that.

Beer and Beef has made us what we are - The Prince Regent

Must Win Match of the Season Part 29 - Boro Game Thread on 21:43 - Feb 9 with 2416 viewsEmpireStateRanger

Hard earned point there.
Must Win Match of the Season Part 29 - Boro Game Thread on 21:43 - Feb 9 with 2386 viewsRs_Holy

Fair enough… I think they deserved that!…. Definitely a point gained
Must Win Match of the Season Part 29 - Boro Game Thread on 21:43 - Feb 9 with 2380 viewsVancouverHoop

FT Phew!

Teeny bit lucky tonight I think.
Must Win Match of the Season Part 29 - Boro Game Thread on 21:44 - Feb 9 with 2340 viewsBoston

Good team, Middlesbrough.

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

Must Win Match of the Season Part 29 - Boro Game Thread on 21:44 - Feb 9 with 2343 viewsToast_R

Fair result I guess. We weren't at our best tonight, Boro were decent.
Must Win Match of the Season Part 29 - Boro Game Thread on 21:44 - Feb 9 with 2335 viewsQPRSteve

Could of added an extra for for all their time wasting in added time
Must Win Match of the Season Part 29 - Boro Game Thread on 21:44 - Feb 9 with 2298 viewsjoolsyp

Rehearsal for the play-off final
Login to get fewer ads

Must Win Match of the Season Part 29 - Boro Game Thread on 21:45 - Feb 9 with 2277 viewsR_from_afar

We weathered one hell of a storm in that second half. I have never felt so exhausted sitting on the sofa gawping at the telly.

Well done Rangers

"Things had started becoming increasingly desperate at Loftus Road but QPR have been handed a massive lifeline and the place has absolutely erupted. it's carnage. It's bedlam. It's 1-1."

Must Win Match of the Season Part 29 - Boro Game Thread on 21:45 - Feb 9 with 2280 viewsqueensparker

F-k me that was tense.

Said I’d take a draw and still happy with that. Fair result. Boro look decent.

Why did he take Johansen off? We lose any semblance of midfield control without him.
Must Win Match of the Season Part 29 - Boro Game Thread on 21:45 - Feb 9 with 2265 viewsstrikerace

Probably a fair result. Lumley gave us that goal. Still the ref let them waste at least 2 minutes at the end
Must Win Match of the Season Part 29 - Boro Game Thread on 21:49 - Feb 9 with 2085 viewsJigsore

Manchester United couldn't even score two against these lot last week so i'll take that

other results haven't gone badly for us at all. Blackburn lost, Hudders could only draw so we've got a bit of a cushion forming. Just a shame Bournemouth came through but only 3 points off

“The thing about football - the important thing about football - is that it is not just about football.”

Must Win Match of the Season Part 29 - Boro Game Thread on 21:50 - Feb 9 with 2023 viewspaulparker

Marshall MOTM , kept us in it as we were second best all night
Just like Saturday as soon as SJ went off our momentum dipped , we didn’t create a lot 2nd half at all
Stoke, forest , Boro , sheff Utd are going to be right up there now

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

Must Win Match of the Season Part 29 - Boro Game Thread on 21:52 - Feb 9 with 1982 viewsdistortR

Must Win Match of the Season Part 29 - Boro Game Thread on 21:45 - Feb 9 by queensparker

F-k me that was tense.

Said I’d take a draw and still happy with that. Fair result. Boro look decent.

Why did he take Johansen off? We lose any semblance of midfield control without him.

I was happy with that substitution, Jojo having a rare off-day and looked knackered. Warbs tried to take the initiative back.
Boro very impressive, bar the constant whinging in the ref's ear.
Field immense today, Marshall's kicking was worrying.
Must Win Match of the Season Part 29 - Boro Game Thread on 21:54 - Feb 9 with 1937 viewsRs_Holy

Plenty of goals in this evenings games … Sky pick the only 0-0 draw in the country 😆
Must Win Match of the Season Part 29 - Boro Game Thread on 21:55 - Feb 9 with 1914 viewsVancouverHoop

Our run in is not too bad. There are three or four tough away matches, but I'm betting other teams in the top six would be envious.
Must Win Match of the Season Part 29 - Boro Game Thread on 21:55 - Feb 9 with 1893 viewsstainrods_elbow

Feels like a hard-earned point for us, and will likely feel to them like two dropped. They absolutely mullered us in that last 20 minutes or so, and were far more convincing for me throughout - as you might expect from a side that dumped Manure out of the cup while we clutched defeat from the jaws of the mighty Peterboro. On the basis of that game, I'd be amazed if they don't hit the playoffs and wouldn't fancy us in them. They were a cut above tonight, and should have won it.

We worked hard, Chair scored a lovely goal, but rarely put together any fluent or incisive passages of play, looked shipshod at the back (though did manage some lifesaving blocks), and Marshall kept us in it. We just don't cut it up front, whether it's Dykes playing the lone striker with minimal to no support, Dykes and Gray consistently failing to work in tandem, or Charlie hobbling us. Hendrick was probably our best player by the end, but I wouldn't give anyone else more than a 6 apart from the keeper.

Will be interested to see how others saw it. I'm relieved with a draw. We've gained on Blackburn, lost grond on Bournemouth, but that was a glass half empty performance for me that saps my confidence.

Poll: How many points will we manage from our first 5 games with this squad?

Must Win Match of the Season Part 29 - Boro Game Thread on 21:55 - Feb 9 with 1908 viewstraininvain

Can’t argue with a point as let’s be honest we were outplayed for much of the game. Middlesbrough will be there or thereabouts come the end of this season.

I thought our wing backs struggled defensively and couldn’t really get forward against an energetic Middlesbrough team. Food for thought if we meet them (or a similar team) in the playoffs. Maybe Moses and / or McCallum might be needed for pace and energy.

I hope Warburton concludes that going two up top against the better teams leaves us short in midfield. Not much point having Gray on the pitch if the game is being played in our half. I thought the game was crying out for Amos’s energy but what do I know!

Despite all of the above I would say it’s a point gained tonight as opposed to two points dropped.
Must Win Match of the Season Part 29 - Boro Game Thread on 22:05 - Feb 9 with 1690 viewsloftus77

Definitely a point gained. 'Boro look really strong, definitely top 6.

Worth noting now that, apart from Sheff Utd, we have now played all the promotion 'big boys' at home (Fulham, sadly, don't count - they're up, end of). Think that's a good thing, but some tough away days to come....
Must Win Match of the Season Part 29 - Boro Game Thread on 22:06 - Feb 9 with 1666 viewsHarbour

Bloody hell that was a hard watch on the stream which kept dropping. Boro better side second half and credit to rangers when not playing well we still got a hard won point. Absolute shocker from Joe Lumley. Onwards still 6 points ahead of 7th and games in hand on rivals.
Must Win Match of the Season Part 29 - Boro Game Thread on 22:08 - Feb 9 with 1626 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Must Win Match of the Season Part 29 - Boro Game Thread on 21:55 - Feb 9 by traininvain

Can’t argue with a point as let’s be honest we were outplayed for much of the game. Middlesbrough will be there or thereabouts come the end of this season.

I thought our wing backs struggled defensively and couldn’t really get forward against an energetic Middlesbrough team. Food for thought if we meet them (or a similar team) in the playoffs. Maybe Moses and / or McCallum might be needed for pace and energy.

I hope Warburton concludes that going two up top against the better teams leaves us short in midfield. Not much point having Gray on the pitch if the game is being played in our half. I thought the game was crying out for Amos’s energy but what do I know!

Despite all of the above I would say it’s a point gained tonight as opposed to two points dropped.

"I hope Warburton concludes that going two up top against the better teams leaves us short in midfield. Not much point having Gray on the pitch if the game is being played in our half. I thought the game was crying out for Amos’s energy but what do I know!£

100%

Warburton is doing a great job, but he loves this tactical substitution 9 a forward for a midfielder) and it nearly finished him at Rangers. It rarely works.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Must Win Match of the Season Part 29 - Boro Game Thread on 22:21 - Feb 9 with 1438 viewsGreenbay

FT REPORT
QPR 2 MIDDLESBROUGH 2
That was a point gained against arguably the best team we’ve faced at home.
Let’s be honest — without Joe Lumley’s howler we would have lost IMO.
I’m thankful for that point.
I hate to say this but for the first 10 minutes and for most of the second half we were outclassed.
We had hardly any possession after HT as Middlesbrough were relentless — attack after attack. Wave after wave of red shirts making our defence work overtime.
Middlesbrough were patient too and it eventually paid dividends.
As a big consolation Chair and Willock, combining once again, are a joy to watch before our on-loan Hendrick replaced our Moroccan international just after the hour.
Marshall was outstanding in goal. His first half reflex saves and a tip-over the bar were outstanding.
Seny will have difficulty in dislodging him in the next few weeks.
As for Chair — having missed a clear chance - shooting wide from the edge of the box — he then delivered — just before the half hour - a curling shot from again 15 yards out to give Rangers the lead. Inevitably the assist was from Willock.
Fry levelled just before the break when Dunne was unable to clear.
Then the howler — a gift from likeable Joe. And that’s why we sold him!
Within 20 seconds of the restart after HT — and with Chair and Willock closing him down — Lumley tried to pass out — lost control - and Willock calmly slotted home.
But from then on it was all Middlesbrough.
No surprise then when another patient build up with Jones the creator — our Uncle Albert put through his own net on the hour.
2-2 and surely we would all have settled for a draw then.
Their head coach Chris Wilder has done wonders with his team.
If they don’t get promoted — hopefully not at our expense — most of us will be surprised.
Somehow we resisted their attacks for the rest of the match.
That one point we gleaned could be absolutely priceless.
Middlesbrough are a class act. They just need a good goalkeeper.
From our point of view - an automatic promotion spot still remains possible.
Then if not — a top six finish is highly likely.
We have come a long way in just 13 months after the possibility of contemplating relegation at the start of last year.
We are still in a wonderful position?
So we have completed the first of 6 Championship matches in 18 days.
A small tick has been accomplished against a big challenger for one of those golden top six spots. We’ve kept 7th placed Middlesbrough to still 6 points behind us instead of just three if we had lost.
Five more Championship matches to play in the next 15 days.
Sat Feb 12 A. Barnsley
Tue Feb 15 A. Millwall
Sat Feb 19 H. Hull
Wed Feb 23 H. Blackpool
Sat Feb 26 A. Blackburn
Twelve point in total including this Middlesbrough match from the six Championship games this month would be a good return.
And it’s still possible. One point already clinched - we can win the two home matches against Hull and Blackpool, win at Barnsley on Saturday and draw at both Millwall and Blackburn.
To keep an unbeaten Championship record in February having not lost last month, would be unbelievable.
The facts are:-
Last 7 Championship matches — Won 5 Drawn 2.
Last 14 Championship matches — Won 9, Drawn 3, Lost 2.
We remain fourth — 3 points behind second placed winning Bournemouth and now just one behind losing Blackburn but with 2 games in hand.
12 weeks of the season left - 17 matches to play.
All of us R’s are ready for a dazzling finish to the season.
Let’s not be too despondent after this draw. Middlesbrough were excellent.
There won’t be many teams better than them for our remaining matches.
Must Win Match of the Season Part 29 - Boro Game Thread on 22:26 - Feb 9 with 1376 viewsSharpy36

Must Win Match of the Season Part 29 - Boro Game Thread on 21:52 - Feb 9 by distortR

I was happy with that substitution, Jojo having a rare off-day and looked knackered. Warbs tried to take the initiative back.
Boro very impressive, bar the constant whinging in the ref's ear.
Field immense today, Marshall's kicking was worrying.

Nick London beat me to the punch regarding Field and the state of his kit, it was covered in crap and showed his commitment to the cause. He worked his socks off tonight a received my MOTM. Would of been willock but he faded very soon after his goal(basically the second half).
As for Marshall i would like to see the stats on how many times he found Lyndons head, i would guess it`s up there with any keeper this season in the championship.

'You didn't know that was wrong, but now you do. If you do it again, I'll know you are doing it on purpose.'

Must Win Match of the Season Part 29 - Boro Game Thread on 22:27 - Feb 9 with 2330 viewsStanisgod

Must Win Match of the Season Part 29 - Boro Game Thread on 21:44 - Feb 9 by QPRSteve

Could of added an extra for for all their time wasting in added time

Obviously lost his 2 watches as he only played the original 4 minutes, didnt bother with the extra 4 for their injury. Weird.

It's being so happy that keeps me going.

Must Win Match of the Season Part 29 - Boro Game Thread on 22:33 - Feb 9 with 2261 viewsSydneyRs

Getting results while not playing that well is a good sign. We are definitely hard to beat.

We've been averaging close to two points a game for over a year now, it is not a fluke.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024