Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
TDD 11:59 - Jan 31 with 11553 viewsIOMDale

'Dale being linked with Rakeem Harper, which would make sense given the West Brom connections and the fact he's a midfielder:

https://www.twtd.co.uk/ipswich-town-news/42046/rochdale-among-clubs-to-make-harp
TDD on 12:18 - Jan 31 with 7596 viewsBrierls

I expect us to sign a midfielder today. It's the only area where we are weaker, compared to the start of January transfer window.

I agree, the links with WBA youth make this one believable if he's not catching at Ipswich.

He was very highly rated at WBA as a kid. I say as a kid, he's still only 21! Joined Ipswich in the summer for about £500K, and he's an athlete at 6'2". He's played more games in the Championship than he has at League One level.

Yes please. On paper he'd be a ridiculous signing for League Two.
[Post edited 31 Jan 2022 12:27]
TDD on 12:26 - Jan 31 with 7526 viewsD_Alien

The link suggests Harper would be available as a loan option

Aren't we loaned up? Or do we still have that option?

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

TDD on 12:27 - Jan 31 with 7524 viewsTomRAFC

A quick read around suggests he is a powerful box to box midfielder, which would be perfect alongside Kelly.

Shan's connections have clearly served us well in this window and suggest he is well liked within the game.

Poll: Would you have Keith Hill back?

TDD on 12:33 - Jan 31 with 7476 viewsBrierls

TDD on 12:26 - Jan 31 by D_Alien

The link suggests Harper would be available as a loan option

Aren't we loaned up? Or do we still have that option?

Five loan players allowed in the matchday squad. Against Oldham we fielded three (Downing, Dorsett & Broadbent), with one on the bench (Cashman).

There's only Andrews to add to that list, and he's probably out for a few months. I'd expect Cashman to be the one to miss out if all loanees are fit and firing.
TDD on 12:46 - Jan 31 with 7358 viewsSaxonDale

Wouldn't be too surprised to see Cashman move on today. For whatever reason it hasn't really worked out for him and you'd have to argue he's now behind: Charman, Andrews ,Campbell, Newby, Odoh, Grant, Done for a spot in the first team.
TDD on 12:52 - Jan 31 with 7315 viewsBrierls

TDD on 12:46 - Jan 31 by SaxonDale

Wouldn't be too surprised to see Cashman move on today. For whatever reason it hasn't really worked out for him and you'd have to argue he's now behind: Charman, Andrews ,Campbell, Newby, Odoh, Grant, Done for a spot in the first team.

Agreed.

I heard (can't verify, could be bullshit) that Cashman has had/is having some personal issues to deal with. Not an attitude problem or anything like that, but genuine reasons for the lad to be upset and in a tricky position being a long way from home.

A mutual termination of his loan here and a move to a club closer to home would be better for both parties.
TDD on 13:02 - Jan 31 with 7236 viewselectricblue

TDD on 12:33 - Jan 31 by Brierls

Five loan players allowed in the matchday squad. Against Oldham we fielded three (Downing, Dorsett & Broadbent), with one on the bench (Cashman).

There's only Andrews to add to that list, and he's probably out for a few months. I'd expect Cashman to be the one to miss out if all loanees are fit and firing.

When O'keeffe signed perminently didnt that free up a loan at the club....

My all time favourite Dale player Mr Lyndon Symmonds

TDD on 13:04 - Jan 31 with 7217 viewsBrierls

TDD on 13:02 - Jan 31 by electricblue

Yes. That's why he's not included in the count of loan players. His loan expiring 'freed' up a loan spot.
Login to get fewer ads

TDD on 13:04 - Jan 31 with 7215 viewsJames1980

TDD on 13:02 - Jan 31 by electricblue

I think Corey's loan spot was taken by Downing

'Only happy when you've got it often makes you miss the journey'
Poll: What does Jim need ?

TDD on 13:08 - Jan 31 with 7170 viewselectricblue

TDD on 13:04 - Jan 31 by James1980

I think Corey's loan spot was taken by Downing

RS said in his post match interview that they had an offer for a player knocked back so could this guy be the knock back!

My all time favourite Dale player Mr Lyndon Symmonds

TDD on 13:45 - Jan 31 with 6941 viewsBrierls

TDD on 13:08 - Jan 31 by electricblue

RS said in his post match interview that they had an offer for a player knocked back so could this guy be the knock back!

As I said above, Harper would be some signing at L2 level. It's impressive that we're even part of the discussion, if there's truth in this.

RS said we have had bids rejected for players. We've also had bids accepted for players and signed them. That's what happens, several times over.
TDD on 16:01 - Jan 31 with 6375 viewsjpresto

Bradford keeper, Sam Hornby, who kept us out last week has signed for Colchester. Lets hope we can beat him tomorrow.
TDD on 16:14 - Jan 31 with 6259 viewsboromat

Hopefully a wind up.

Poll: What are we more excited for?

TDD on 17:23 - Jan 31 with 5779 viewsDaleiLama

Fitz has shut the Harper today rumour down with this tweet

Up the Dale - NOT for sale!
Poll: Is it coming home?

TDD on 17:47 - Jan 31 with 5595 viewsTomRAFC

TDD on 16:14 - Jan 31 by boromat

Hopefully a wind up.

His claim that O'Connell isn't on the coach has been undermined after EOC shared a pictured if Conor Grant having a nap.

Poll: Would you have Keith Hill back?

TDD on 17:50 - Jan 31 with 5550 viewsboromat

TDD on 17:47 - Jan 31 by TomRAFC

His claim that O'Connell isn't on the coach has been undermined after EOC shared a pictured if Conor Grant having a nap.

Great news. Sounding like a wind up.

TDD on 18:32 - Jan 31 with 5169 viewsBrierls

TDD on 17:50 - Jan 31 by boromat

Great news. Sounding like a wind up.

Not a windup, more likely him getting giddy thinking he’s ITK and couldn’t tweet quick enough.

We’re a small club, information about signings and sales is going to get out before being announced officially. The majority who receive info no doubt understand that, are grateful to know, and keep their powder dry and wait for official confirmation.

I wouldn’t be surprised if the club have accepted a bid of £75K. I also wouldn’t be surprised if EOC has turned down a move if the club isn’t within a commutable distance. It’s not long since he became a Dad and I doubt he’d want to uproot his family without time to plan properly. He can take his time over that decision in the summer.
TDD on 18:43 - Jan 31 with 5021 viewsboromat

TDD on 18:32 - Jan 31 by Brierls

Not a windup, more likely him getting giddy thinking he’s ITK and couldn’t tweet quick enough.

We’re a small club, information about signings and sales is going to get out before being announced officially. The majority who receive info no doubt understand that, are grateful to know, and keep their powder dry and wait for official confirmation.

I wouldn’t be surprised if the club have accepted a bid of £75K. I also wouldn’t be surprised if EOC has turned down a move if the club isn’t within a commutable distance. It’s not long since he became a Dad and I doubt he’d want to uproot his family without time to plan properly. He can take his time over that decision in the summer.

I didn't mean by Dan but the person at the club who told him O'Connell didn't get on the coach to Colchester.

Maybe you're right and it's somewhere in between. Or maybe we're taking a detour and dropping him off at his new club on the way

We'll find out soon enough. The hope is he stays and a bonus would be a central midfielder in.

TDD on 18:45 - Jan 31 with 4995 viewsrochedale

TDD on 18:43 - Jan 31 by boromat

I didn't mean by Dan but the person at the club who told him O'Connell didn't get on the coach to Colchester.

Maybe you're right and it's somewhere in between. Or maybe we're taking a detour and dropping him off at his new club on the way

We'll find out soon enough. The hope is he stays and a bonus would be a central midfielder in.

Twitter rumour saying Preston.

Poll: 24/25 season ticket, how many free games would you consider fair?

TDD on 18:49 - Jan 31 with 4939 viewsBrierls

TDD on 18:45 - Jan 31 by rochedale

Twitter rumour saying Preston.

Preston don’t seem to agree…

TDD on 18:50 - Jan 31 with 4905 viewsrochedale

TDD on 18:49 - Jan 31 by Brierls

Preston don’t seem to agree…

Good news

Poll: 24/25 season ticket, how many free games would you consider fair?

TDD on 19:12 - Jan 31 with 4705 viewsBrierls

TDD on 18:43 - Jan 31 by boromat

Wasn’t there a situation where Dale accepted a bid/sold a player and he didn’t get back on the coach that he’d travelled to the game on?

I’m not sure if that’s my mind playing tricks on me.

Hopefully not the case tonight!

**Edit** - It was Baah, he didn’t get back on the coach after the AFC Wimbledon game.
[Post edited 31 Jan 2022 19:35]
TDD on 19:20 - Jan 31 with 4589 viewsNewbury_Dale

Is EOC good enough for the Championship anyway ? I would say 'no'.
TDD on 19:26 - Jan 31 with 4514 viewsBrierls

TDD on 19:20 - Jan 31 by Newbury_Dale

Is EOC good enough for the Championship anyway ? I would say 'no'.

I think his lack of pace would be exposed, but he’s too good for League Two and looked plenty good enough in League One. I think we’ll get to find out next season!
TDD on 19:29 - Jan 31 with 4458 viewsboromat

TDD on 19:12 - Jan 31 by Brierls

Wasn’t there a situation where Dale accepted a bid/sold a player and he didn’t get back on the coach that he’d travelled to the game on?

I’m not sure if that’s my mind playing tricks on me.

Hopefully not the case tonight!

**Edit** - It was Baah, he didn’t get back on the coach after the AFC Wimbledon game.
[Post edited 31 Jan 2022 19:35]

Can't remember but it wouldn't surprise me. Always found it odd that there are fixtures on or the day after deadline day.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024