Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Happy 22 May Day 06:47 - May 22 with 2103 viewsPlanetHonneywood

Incredible to think it was 39 years ago today.

'Always In Motion' by John Honney available on amazon.co.uk
Poll: Who should do the Birmingham Frederick?

Happy 22 May Day on 10:52 - May 22 with 1927 viewsloftboy

Yep 15 years old, still remember the day like it was yesterday.

favourite cheese mature Cheddar. FFS there is no such thing as the EPL
Poll: Are you watching the World Cup

Happy 22 May Day on 14:57 - May 22 with 1824 viewsrrrspricey

Happy 22 May Day on 10:52 - May 22 by loftboy

Yep 15 years old, still remember the day like it was yesterday.

Me too, never thought I'd ever see my team play at Wembley.
Happy 22 May Day on 20:17 - May 22 with 1688 viewsphilc

Me too. A sign of getting old, it seems like yesterday and can remember it clearly as well.

Hopefully I’ll still be around the next time we get to a Wembley final.
Happy 22 May Day on 08:12 - May 23 with 1544 viewsNorthantsHoop

Such a great day out and the replay as well. But for me, the semi-final 1-0 winner from Clive Allen against WBA and going mental in Highbury's North Bank was a particular highlight. We then had a few weeks of build up to the final, in those days the FA Cup was such a big deal, not the diminished competition it is today.
Happy 22 May Day on 19:37 - May 23 with 1398 viewsthemodfather

we did well to draw, hucker was great that day but the replay haunts me and will forever we were robbed that day for sure....that sodding ref mr white, from harrow, how can you have a london based ref for an all london final???
Happy 22 May Day on 20:51 - May 23 with 1321 viewsPeterHucker

Didn't go to the Final but my dad got 2 tickets for the replay.
I've told this story on here before but here it is again.
I was 11 years old and I can still feel the injustice of that match, where we were the better team but still lost to what the other QPR fans around me at Wembley were sure was not even a penalty.
On the tube home, some Spurs fans saw my scarf and tried to have a laugh with us about the result. One of them put a Spurs hat on my head.
I took the hat off , dropped it on the floor of the tube & started crying.
That showed em.
Happy 22 May Day on 21:38 - May 23 with 1276 viewsdistortR

Happy 22 May Day on 20:51 - May 23 by PeterHucker

Didn't go to the Final but my dad got 2 tickets for the replay.
I've told this story on here before but here it is again.
I was 11 years old and I can still feel the injustice of that match, where we were the better team but still lost to what the other QPR fans around me at Wembley were sure was not even a penalty.
On the tube home, some Spurs fans saw my scarf and tried to have a laugh with us about the result. One of them put a Spurs hat on my head.
I took the hat off , dropped it on the floor of the tube & started crying.
That showed em.

the first game, I came up with my Dad from my aunt's house in Beckenham. All the way up I didn't see a single other Ranger's fan, just spurs everywhere. Got to Wembley, walked round to our end, and there were tens of thousands of R's.

Which was nice.
Happy 22 May Day on 21:39 - May 23 with 1275 viewsMyke

18 years old. Living away from home for the first time. Watching the replay in my favourite pub with my first 'serious' girlfriend and being 'consoled' by said girlfriend afterwards... ahem I digress. Great times bar the result. We wuz robbed. Currie awesome
Login to get fewer ads

Happy 22 May Day on 08:00 - May 24 with 1134 viewsLoftgirl

Happy 22 May Day on 19:37 - May 23 by themodfather

we did well to draw, hucker was great that day but the replay haunts me and will forever we were robbed that day for sure....that sodding ref mr white, from harrow, how can you have a london based ref for an all london final???

I videoed the final, without allowing for extra time. I recorded the replay, which I still have somewhere, although I've never watched it.
Edit: I was at both games.
[Post edited 24 May 2021 8:02]
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024