Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Keith Hill 18:43 - Aug 31 with 17034 viewsmartinbwfc

Bolton fan in peace, just coming here to ask, what can we expect from Hill and Flitcroft?
Keith Hill on 06:17 - Sep 2 with 3399 viewsD_Alien

Keith Hill on 01:11 - Sep 2 by Parechart

Hill is a total bully do it his way or your out...
Flicker has more empathy with players and fans...
Bolton players are young, so will be influenced by his approach.
Hill would be a very good number two, to a father figure manager like Roy Hodgson.
But as a front man ...will lose half the dressing room..
A pure egotist..do it my way or else....Flicker is different class.

^^^
Typical example of mealy-mouthed bollocks

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Keith Hill on 07:31 - Sep 2 with 3283 viewskiwidale

Hill would be a very good number two, to a father figure manager like Roy Hodgson.

Hills ego would prevent him being a number two,Pep would have to put the cones out.

This is not the time for bickering.

Keith Hill on 09:51 - Sep 2 with 3101 viewsMolly

Hey Parechart. With regards to your earlier post,are you going to answer the earlier question of "what does omnipicant mean", or is that too difficult for you?
Keith Hill on 10:19 - Sep 2 with 3050 viewsheywooddale

You should expect Strikers as Left fullbacks
Keith Hill on 11:40 - Sep 2 with 2895 viewsChaffRAFC

Most successful manager we have ever had. Succeeded in two separate spells with us and won promotion twice and got us to Wembley for the first time in our history, he even did that twice when you include a FA Cup replay against Tottenham Hotspur.

When he's happy and content, he's ace. His press conferences are gold. However, towards the back end of his spell, well, the past couple of years, he's been very difficult to listen to. Not at all the same manager. Not too dissimilar to Jose Mourinho's in that the popular, outspoken, cocky successful manager turned into a miserable old bitter man towards the end.

His team selections were horrendous, I remember a game away at Doncaster in which we got battered where 6 of the 11 were playing out of position. He likes trying out of the ordinary positional changes, he's turned two forwards at Dale into left backs for example.

If you get the Hill of the last two years, I don't think he will succeed, if you get the old Hill, you've got a tremendous manager.

As for Flitcroft, he's more the arm round you type of assistant but I have zero time for him having read Joe Thompson's autobiography. He also proved he was unable to achieve success with massive budgets at both Bury and Mansfield.

They worked very well as a team in Hill's first spell in charge before leaving us for Barnsley.

If I hadn't seen such riches, I could live with being poor

Keith Hill on 11:51 - Sep 2 with 2858 viewsJames1980

Has Flitcroft ever commented on the passage about his insensitive commentsto Joey T?

'Only happy when you've got it often makes you miss the journey'
Poll: What does Jim need ?

Keith Hill on 12:03 - Sep 2 with 2829 viewsParkinsGimp

Whatever you do , do not criticise him , he really cant take it. He became a bully towards the end , and the young kids suffered because of this.
Be prepared to have the blame laid at your feet as fans .
If he can find his mojo again then you have a chance. Flicker is an honest guy( except when talking about finances at bURY, but he caught the bulls"it bug off the Milky Bar kid) .
I hope you succeed since Bolton fans have dealt with this saga with humility and demonstrated in the correct way, not blamed everybody else , for that reason I wish you all the best.
Keith Hill on 12:22 - Sep 2 with 2778 viewsAncoats_Blue

I've seen some Bolton fans posting on social media in response to the appointment. Stuff like "we need a manager of a higher calibre", "not good enough for us". This is the same Bolton that are rock bottom of League 1 who haven't had a pot to piss in for years and a recent reputation of causing their playing staff to go on strike due to crap working conditions...

I think unrealistic expectations from some of the fanbase will be Hill's undoing at Bolton. Time to cut the cloth and accept that League 2 looks very likely next season.

Assuming Wanderers are in L2 next year Hill is perfect to get you back up to L1. We all know he can be pretty good in L1 too so back-to-back promotions would not be unthinkable. It's then a questin of Hills ability at a higher level and goes back to what the fanbase expect. He didn't cope too well at Barnsley in the Championship.

Despite him really annoying me towards the end of his tenure last season I wish him luck, though obviously not at Dale's expense. He deserves another crack at management.
Login to get fewer ads

Keith Hill on 22:09 - Sep 3 with 2483 viewsWhiteyBFC

I'll never forget his first press conference as Barnsley manager where he declared we were to be aiming to win the title otherwise what was the point. He was chewing gum and telling us about the great side he was going to build. It was exciting.

Fast forward to our first defeat, to Morecambe in a league cup tie at Oakwell and post-match he asked what Barnsley had ever won before, telling the reporter that the fans need to lower their expectations.

It was ever thus with Keith. Hot and cold. Happy and angry. Lovely and bitter.

I've seen plenty of managers in my 30 plus years watching my club but he's still the one I remember the most for good and bad reasons.

He'll be fine at Bolton in terms of the current job that needs doing.

If they ever get back to a level, and the expectation rises, it'll go south I'm afraid.

Good luck.
Keith Hill on 22:28 - Sep 3 with 2420 viewsfitzochris

Keith Hill on 22:09 - Sep 3 by WhiteyBFC

I'll never forget his first press conference as Barnsley manager where he declared we were to be aiming to win the title otherwise what was the point. He was chewing gum and telling us about the great side he was going to build. It was exciting.

Fast forward to our first defeat, to Morecambe in a league cup tie at Oakwell and post-match he asked what Barnsley had ever won before, telling the reporter that the fans need to lower their expectations.

It was ever thus with Keith. Hot and cold. Happy and angry. Lovely and bitter.

I've seen plenty of managers in my 30 plus years watching my club but he's still the one I remember the most for good and bad reasons.

He'll be fine at Bolton in terms of the current job that needs doing.

If they ever get back to a level, and the expectation rises, it'll go south I'm afraid.

Good luck.

Yes. We know.

Blog: Rochdale 2018/19 part three: Getting points on the board

Keith Hill on 23:30 - Sep 3 with 2318 viewsD_Dale

The fans appear to have turned up for tonight's match - over 9000 - against Bradford (1-1, with Bolton losing on penalties).
Keith Hill on 23:36 - Sep 3 with 2305 viewsjudd

Keith Hill on 23:30 - Sep 3 by D_Dale

The fans appear to have turned up for tonight's match - over 9000 - against Bradford (1-1, with Bolton losing on penalties).

Bolton and penalties eh?

Poll: What is it to be then?

Keith Hill on 08:08 - Sep 4 with 2144 viewsEllDale

Just out of interest, did all Bolton's new recruits play last night?
I can't see the likes of COG being match fit to be honest.
Keith Hill on 08:14 - Sep 4 with 2131 viewsD_Alien

Keith Hill on 08:08 - Sep 4 by EllDale

Just out of interest, did all Bolton's new recruits play last night?
I can't see the likes of COG being match fit to be honest.

None of them did

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Keith Hill on 08:22 - Sep 4 with 2119 viewsEllDale

There's been an immediate improvement then. Parkinson's team leaked five goals in each of their last three games.
Keith Hill on 15:55 - Sep 4 with 1829 viewsnordenblue

Keith Hill on 11:51 - Sep 2 by James1980

Has Flitcroft ever commented on the passage about his insensitive commentsto Joey T?

What exactly were his comments?
Keith Hill on 16:17 - Sep 4 with 1772 viewsrochedale

Keith Hill on 15:55 - Sep 4 by nordenblue

What exactly were his comments?

Buy the book and find out.

Poll: 24/25 season ticket, how many free games would you consider fair?

Keith Hill on 17:08 - Sep 4 with 1682 views442Dale

Things may have happened since, however Flitcroft’s failings were illustrated by what he did at Barnsley after keeping them up.

He should not be so quick to distance himself from Bury’s demise, but it’s little surprise.

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Keith Hill on 20:30 - Sep 4 with 1494 viewsnordenblue

Keith Hill on 16:17 - Sep 4 by rochedale

Buy the book and find out.

I can't read.. far easier for someone to post it on here rather than having to read a full book to find it out
Keith Hill on 21:01 - Sep 4 with 1437 viewsTVOS1907

Keith Hill on 20:30 - Sep 4 by nordenblue

I can't read.. far easier for someone to post it on here rather than having to read a full book to find it out

If you can't read, how do you know what the post you replied to said?

It's a fair question, you must admit...….

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

Keith Hill on 22:17 - Sep 4 with 1361 viewsMolly

Keith Hill on 21:01 - Sep 4 by TVOS1907

If he can't read why are you asking him a question in writing? That I think is also a fair question.
Keith Hill on 06:38 - Sep 5 with 1178 viewsnordenblue

Keith Hill on 21:01 - Sep 4 by TVOS1907

It was a conscious effort to write a ridiculous reply, I'm surprised you had a nibble though
Keith Hill on 07:12 - Sep 5 with 1131 viewsTVOS1907

Keith Hill on 06:38 - Sep 5 by nordenblue

It was a conscious effort to write a ridiculous reply, I'm surprised you had a nibble though

I know it was.

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024