Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Shrews Away 13:11 - Aug 16 with 11019 viewsboromat

Seems they're still doing business.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/49371781

Looking forward to the game but looks like they're putting together a good squad this year. Won't be easy!

Poll: What are we more excited for?

Shrews Away on 17:01 - Aug 17 with 4600 viewsNigeriamark

Shrews Away on 16:52 - Aug 17 by Sheffdale

So was Hendo interfering with play for the disallowed goal?

It was a great move cut back to camps who put it in the bottom corner. He do was there in an offside position and tried to put it in but seemed to miss it altogether. He wasn’t interfering with any Shrews player so if he missed it the goal should stand but if he got a slight touch then the correct decision. Looked like ref and lino both gave it at first but then disallowed it. I think they thought Hendo got a touch All the action was in the last 15 minutes. Sanchez made a good save but their player should have scored from the rebound. Just after the disallowed goal Camps was surprised by a ball that reached him otherwise would have been an easy finish

Decent point and performance but controversial end.
Shrews Away on 17:05 - Aug 17 with 4533 viewsShun

Oof. Donny score their 3rd 90+ minute goal in 3 consecutive matches to snatch points.
Shrews Away on 17:17 - Aug 17 with 4399 viewsrichfoad32

Unbeaten in 4 league & cup matches and maybe unlucky not to have maximum points on the board, I'll take that. McLaughlin and Alby to come back as well, who should make a difference.
Shrews Away on 17:31 - Aug 17 with 4272 viewsrochdaleriddler

Shrews fans telling me we should have won that. Great season start

Poll: Will you download and use the contract tracing App being launched by the Govt

Shrews Away on 17:35 - Aug 17 with 4226 viewsjonahwhereru

This game was going to tell us a lot in terms of where we stand this season. We appear to have competed very well and had chances to win it.
Was important to have positives coming out of the game as the next two games will be tough. With Ryan due to be available and mcloughlin approaching readiness that will help. We will need some of their experience in the next week, even if they start on the bench.
We are looking very stable in what is a very uncertain league.

As an aside have to commend James Coppinger, scoring for the 15 successive season for Donny. Now that is something to be proud off.
Shrews Away on 17:40 - Aug 17 with 4177 viewstodmordendale

We’re the pies ok too
Shrews Away on 21:32 - Aug 17 with 3590 viewsKenBoon

I think our disallowed goal was a little harsh. From the radio I assumed Henderson was in the goalkeepers way or something, but he isn't. He's offside but the only part of play he could interfere with would be touching the ball and it doesn't look like he does. Even going towards it he's not distracting any defenders.
Shrews Away on 21:53 - Aug 17 with 3494 viewsrochdaleriddler

I love away days, train from Victoria , sat with a woman from Kuwait , discussing life, football and beer. Fantastic, straight after an Asian guy shared his pizza with me on train from Shrewsbury . Brilliant
[Post edited 17 Aug 2019 21:54]

Poll: Will you download and use the contract tracing App being launched by the Govt

Login to get fewer ads

Shrews Away on 21:57 - Aug 17 with 3471 viewspieandpeasdale

Decent point there today.Shrewsbury a real threat down the left where their wing back was skinning Keohane everytime.
Dale more of a threat 2nd half with Rathbone playing out on the left and linking well with Norrington-Davies and Morley when he came on.
Some great chances created in the last 10 mins or so.
We don’t half over pass the ball around at the back at times though which put us under pressure but we do play some nice stuff further up the field.
Thought Rathbone and O’Connell our best players today.
Shrews Away on 22:16 - Aug 17 with 3394 viewsrochdaleriddler

Shrews Away on 21:53 - Aug 17 by rochdaleriddler

I love away days, train from Victoria , sat with a woman from Kuwait , discussing life, football and beer. Fantastic, straight after an Asian guy shared his pizza with me on train from Shrewsbury . Brilliant
[Post edited 17 Aug 2019 21:54]

Why mark that down ? V odd

Shrews Away on 22:21 - Aug 17 with 3369 viewsrochdale_ranger

Shrews Away on 22:16 - Aug 17 by rochdaleriddler

Why mark that down ? V odd

Slip of the finger. Glad you had a good day.
Shrews Away on 22:25 - Aug 17 with 3349 viewsdingdangblue

Shrews Away on 21:32 - Aug 17 by KenBoon

I think our disallowed goal was a little harsh. From the radio I assumed Henderson was in the goalkeepers way or something, but he isn't. He's offside but the only part of play he could interfere with would be touching the ball and it doesn't look like he does. Even going towards it he's not distracting any defenders.

Just seen it, daft for Hendo to flick a boot at the ball going over the line, but I dont think he made contact or interfered with any Shrewsbury players - the goal should have stood.

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10
Poll: Are fans more annoyed losing or not playing Henderson centre forward?

Shrews Away on 09:58 - Aug 18 with 2798 viewskel

Not seen the highlights yet but me and Chaff were both convinced at the time that he did touch it.
Shrews Away on 10:54 - Aug 18 with 2673 viewsdingdangblue

Shrews Away on 09:58 - Aug 18 by kel

Not seen the highlights yet but me and Chaff were both convinced at the time that he did touch it.

There looks like a Shrewsbury player is level with Hendo when Camps shoots.

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10

Shrews Away on 11:13 - Aug 18 with 2628 viewsdale_spotland

Thought it was an exciting game for a 0-0 with both teams having periods where it looked like it was a matter of time until they scored, thought Morley did really well when he came on, as he has every game he’s played so far.

Really pleased with the start to the season, I definitely would of took it if offered 4 weeks ago, and that goes for both results and performances.

Days like this one weren't supposed to happen to Rochdale.

Shrews Away on 12:15 - Aug 18 with 2511 viewsKenBoon

Shrews Away on 10:54 - Aug 18 by dingdangblue

I was too busy looking for a touch to notice that. I suspect the officials may have been as well.
Shrews Away on 17:03 - Aug 18 with 2262 viewsboromat

Shrews Away on 10:54 - Aug 18 by dingdangblue

At the time I thought he was in an offside position but didn't touch it so not active. Looking at it back he's clearly onside and I don't think he touches it but still hard to tell. The player playing him on was the opposite side of hendo to the linesman which probably didn't help.

2 points dropped and due to the officiating which is a real shame. Lads will be happy with their performance though and confident going into the Sunderland game.

Our only weakness seemed to be our right side. They were getting past Keohane one on one everytime. Thought Luke might have made an appearance.

Poll: What are we more excited for?

Shrews Away on 20:14 - Aug 18 with 1894 viewsD_Dale

Shrews Away on 17:03 - Aug 18 by boromat

At the time I thought he was in an offside position but didn't touch it so not active. Looking at it back he's clearly onside and I don't think he touches it but still hard to tell. The player playing him on was the opposite side of hendo to the linesman which probably didn't help.

2 points dropped and due to the officiating which is a real shame. Lads will be happy with their performance though and confident going into the Sunderland game.

Our only weakness seemed to be our right side. They were getting past Keohane one on one everytime. Thought Luke might have made an appearance.

The Shrewsbury players, especially the keeper, appeal against giving a goal:

https://www.skysports.com/football/shrewsbury-vs-rochdale/409932

But they'd be likely to given it would have lost them the match.

It's no use paying too much attention to dropping two points - better to focus on winning future games!
Shrews Away on 20:44 - Aug 18 with 1822 viewsdaz

Shrews Away on 20:14 - Aug 18 by D_Dale

The Shrewsbury players, especially the keeper, appeal against giving a goal:

https://www.skysports.com/football/shrewsbury-vs-rochdale/409932

But they'd be likely to given it would have lost them the match.

It's no use paying too much attention to dropping two points - better to focus on winning future games!

I've paused the sky highlights and Hendo looks just offside to me. Not sure if he touched the ball or not but by swinging a leg at it he has interfered with play and given the referee a decision to make. He should have just left it, but then Hendo had gained us so many points over the last few seasons it would be harsh to blame him.
Shrews Away on 08:20 - Aug 19 with 1477 viewsdingdangblue

Shrews Away on 08:51 - Aug 19 with 1415 viewsTVOS1907

Shrews Away on 08:20 - Aug 19 by dingdangblue

He's being played onside by a geet big watermark.

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

Shrews Away on 11:36 - Aug 19 with 1262 viewsrichfoad32

I don't see the point of dwelling on Camps (rightly or wrongly) disallowed goal now. We have the benefit of being able to pick the decision to pieces with photos, video, different angles, slow motion, etc....the officials may have got it wrong but they get to see the incident just once in real time. If they got it wrong maybe at some point this season we'll have an error go in our favour. Personally, I'm well happy with a point and the performance.
[Post edited 19 Aug 2019 11:40]
Shrews Away on 12:43 - Aug 19 with 1146 viewsYorkshire_Dale

Shrews Away on 11:36 - Aug 19 by richfoad32

I don't see the point of dwelling on Camps (rightly or wrongly) disallowed goal now. We have the benefit of being able to pick the decision to pieces with photos, video, different angles, slow motion, etc....the officials may have got it wrong but they get to see the incident just once in real time. If they got it wrong maybe at some point this season we'll have an error go in our favour. Personally, I'm well happy with a point and the performance.
[Post edited 19 Aug 2019 11:40]

Sort of agree Rich,but there is that nagging feeling we could/should have had 3 points which we might need badly at the end of the season......a bit like last week when we blew it in extra time.

We will get the "rub of the green" sometime though.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024