Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Match thread: Donny (H) 14:11 - Aug 10 with 12756 viewsShun

Morley in for Rathbone.
Match thread: Donny (H) on 19:38 - Aug 10 with 3443 viewsNafelad

Match thread: Donny (H) on 19:20 - Aug 10 by Daley_Lama

O Connell was absolutely immense in defence today, including 2 absolute last ditch saving tackles towards the end.

Our back 6 (inc MJ) gives me far more confidence than at any time last season.

Decent team, Donny.

Sanchez' handling and kicking adds to the greater feeling of confidence, except for the 'laid back' style he seems to have.

Topcat

Match thread: Donny (H) on 19:45 - Aug 10 with 3407 viewsjonahwhereru

Very encouraging noises on this thread. So far so good. Have always thought Williams had a future with us. Missing 2 midfield enforcers / pesterers in midfield today and suddenly the options there look light. Bradley can’t be ready to make the bench yet I presume.
UTD
Match thread: Donny (H) on 19:58 - Aug 10 with 3338 views1907

A fit Rathbone in for Dooley and McLaughlin in for Keohane and we could look better than we have in years with an excellent set of options on the bench. Well done BBM & team for assembling a fantastic looking squad, who look well drilled, fit (MJ Williams looks UFC lean) & confident beyond belief.

Yes we conceded a 92nd minute equaliser, but there was that much right with that performance I couldn’t care less!

We could be in for one hell of a ride... With a squad we can afford ;)
Match thread: Donny (H) on 20:10 - Aug 10 with 3272 viewsShun

Match thread: Donny (H) on 19:58 - Aug 10 by 1907

A fit Rathbone in for Dooley and McLaughlin in for Keohane and we could look better than we have in years with an excellent set of options on the bench. Well done BBM & team for assembling a fantastic looking squad, who look well drilled, fit (MJ Williams looks UFC lean) & confident beyond belief.

Yes we conceded a 92nd minute equaliser, but there was that much right with that performance I couldn’t care less!

We could be in for one hell of a ride... With a squad we can afford ;)

Agree with that, but it’d be harsh to drop Keohane after his two excellent performances so far this season.
Match thread: Donny (H) on 20:22 - Aug 10 with 3215 viewsdogboy

Loved it today Players smiling, loving the touch of the ball, playing it close, no scrapping or finger pointing. Lovely football, players being allowed to play as they can not fearing Doncaster are a decent team and will be up there at the end of the season so up the dale lets look forward to a really decent season
Match thread: Donny (H) on 20:36 - Aug 10 with 3148 viewsdogboy

Punching goalkeepers at Rochdale have always made me to feel worried but this guy brings in another level .He knows where it is going. He brings in a flair but will be caught out on his footwork; mark my words but hey ho! I am fully up for this guy after seeing him celebrating with one of the ball boys after the dale goal and he knows how to save a with a camera save
Match thread: Donny (H) on 21:10 - Aug 10 with 3045 viewstodmordendale

Bradley mentioned by Jonah is nowhere near ready judging by his pre season outings. Like one of the lost boys.
Such a pleasure to see the team today. I agree that Ollie in for Dooley will put together quite a formidable midfield.
O’Connell was huge in every way today, so much so that Jim looks really confident alongside him.Best centre back pairing for a while. We all seemed worried about the loss of Harrison at the time but Scunny look to have got the worse out of the deal.
Early days but so looking forward to this season. Got that cocky feeling already
Match thread: Donny (H) on 21:39 - Aug 10 with 2920 viewsEllDale

Has anyone else wondered if the result might have been different if Ryan had been available to replace Morley?
Apart from that really impressed and happy with today.
Donny fans that I spoke to later were really complimentary.
Login to get fewer ads

Match thread: Donny (H) on 21:56 - Aug 10 with 2853 viewssoulboy

Match thread: Donny (H) on 21:39 - Aug 10 by EllDale

Has anyone else wondered if the result might have been different if Ryan had been available to replace Morley?

Not sure about that but I think Rathbone would have made a significant difference.
Match thread: Donny (H) on 23:13 - Aug 10 with 2666 viewsscarrow

Match thread: Donny (H) on 21:10 - Aug 10 by todmordendale

Bradley mentioned by Jonah is nowhere near ready judging by his pre season outings. Like one of the lost boys.
Such a pleasure to see the team today. I agree that Ollie in for Dooley will put together quite a formidable midfield.
O’Connell was huge in every way today, so much so that Jim looks really confident alongside him.Best centre back pairing for a while. We all seemed worried about the loss of Harrison at the time but Scunny look to have got the worse out of the deal.
Early days but so looking forward to this season. Got that cocky feeling already

I was glad to see mcgahey go. He's done wonders for scunny...

Poll: Final position

Match thread: Donny (H) on 23:17 - Aug 10 with 2650 viewsjacko_dale

Match thread: Donny (H) on 19:34 - Aug 10 by ChaffRAFC

Only mentioned a couple of times in this thread but MJ Williams was MOTM for me today. Thought he, along with Morley were outstanding.

Also really like O'Connell in the centre of defence. He looks superb on the ball and also seems to link well with McNulty. Norrington-Davies looks like he should have been nowhere near the level of Barrow as well. Superb so far from him.

Disappointing to concede but a very good start and an awful lot more positives than negatives.

Agreed. MJ was our best player today followed by O'Connell for me. The guy behind me didn't stop slagging him off though! Apparently all he does is slow the game down!
Match thread: Donny (H) on 23:37 - Aug 10 with 2604 viewsNigeriamark

Match thread: Donny (H) on 23:17 - Aug 10 by jacko_dale

Agreed. MJ was our best player today followed by O'Connell for me. The guy behind me didn't stop slagging him off though! Apparently all he does is slow the game down!

A few years ago who would have thought we would be above Sunderland, Ipswich, Bolton, Portsmouth, Coventry

Nice reading the table tonight
Match thread: Donny (H) on 00:18 - Aug 11 with 2540 viewssweetcorn

Match thread: Donny (H) on 21:10 - Aug 10 by todmordendale

Speak for yourself personally couldn't give less of a f**k about mcgahey. We still conceded a shed load with him in. He was fast that was about it..

Loved O'Connell and the left back very impressed. Sanchez was a breath of fresh air coming out to collect the ball..

Looking forward to the season still think we need another forward though

Leader of the little gang of immature cretins.

Match thread: Donny (H) on 08:43 - Aug 11 with 2261 views1907

Match thread: Donny (H) on 20:10 - Aug 10 by Shun

Agree with that, but it’d be harsh to drop Keohane after his two excellent performances so far this season.

Thought he did OK today in tough conditions against a decent side. I just feel McLaughlin has more to offer, especially in the final third.
Match thread: Donny (H) on 08:46 - Aug 11 with 2247 viewsdale1968

Couldnt go today due to illness but from what I have gathered we were the better team and could have had a couple more.
Early days but very pleased with the 4 points we have on the board so far and definately looking forwords to seeing the new lad from Blackburn.
Also Wilbs coming back into the team should help a bit more up front.

Poll: Should The Military Assist The Police Over Covid Compliance.

Match thread: Donny (H) on 08:49 - Aug 11 with 2249 views1907

Match thread: Donny (H) on 23:17 - Aug 10 by jacko_dale

“Get it forward”

Is usually the shout from the Chelsea pensioners who have little understanding of possession football & how effective it is at breaking down teams.

Some of those passages of play starting from the back resulting in a cross field ball from O’Connell in the first half were joyous.

Morley has incredible feet & the way he turns and drives, always picking a pass... It really was fantastic to see.

He’s had a rough couple of years, Morley, overlooked for Adshead at almost every opportunity.

Now is his time to shine!
Match thread: Donny (H) on 08:59 - Aug 11 with 2227 viewsNewbury_Dale

Enjoyed the performance today, to the point where I wasn't too downbeat despite the late equaliser. It did feel like we lacked width at times though. Not many crosses going into the box. Dooley works hard but I'm not exactly sure what his position is ? Is he a winger ? It did feel a bit congested in the middle areas at times.
Match thread: Donny (H) on 09:11 - Aug 11 with 2191 viewsDalenet

Match thread: Donny (H) on 08:49 - Aug 11 by 1907

“Get it forward”

Is usually the shout from the Chelsea pensioners who have little understanding of possession football & how effective it is at breaking down teams.

Some of those passages of play starting from the back resulting in a cross field ball from O’Connell in the first half were joyous.

Morley has incredible feet & the way he turns and drives, always picking a pass... It really was fantastic to see.

He’s had a rough couple of years, Morley, overlooked for Adshead at almost every opportunity.

Now is his time to shine!

I loved our first half display, we looked comfortable on the ball and their midfield kept passing it back to us in any case. So much better than the recent seasons.

But in the last 30 minutes we played far too deep and invited pressure. Too dangerous when you only have a 1 goal lead. The tippy tappy stuff across the back four is alright but it became the predominate part of our game in the last 30 minutes and for me it became boring. The players are better than that and a bit of possession football down the wings would have been more appropriate. What was Done thinking when he had loads of time to clear and he gave them a corner. Just unnecessary and it cost us 2 points.

The subs have been a problem for both games and I am sure our inexperienced manager will learn from that. Overall I am enjoying this team and can see its potential and you can see that they are a lot happier.

As for the wider club. No programme sellers at 2.40pm outside the ground, pigeon shite on my seat and making Donny fans sit at the front of the stand getting wet because they wouldn't open a third block for them. Only at Dale
Match thread: Donny (H) on 09:32 - Aug 11 with 2128 viewsD_Alien

Match thread: Donny (H) on 21:39 - Aug 10 by EllDale

Yes. Would've maintained the vital link between defence and attack that went missing after Morley went off. Camps also sat deeper to try and bolster that area but it's clear he's better utilised further forward

Ryan's stupidity last week had a cost. He owes us now

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Match thread: Donny (H) on 15:14 - Aug 11 with 1827 viewsEllDale

Several things struck me.
One was the absence again of Lillis.
Another was the room that Doncaster seemed to have on their left when Done came on and Pyke moved inside.
And why go to hoof ball when Calvin came on?
Match thread: Donny (H) on 17:22 - Aug 11 with 1627 viewsrochdaleriddler

Match thread: Donny (H) on 09:11 - Aug 11 by Dalenet

I loved our first half display, we looked comfortable on the ball and their midfield kept passing it back to us in any case. So much better than the recent seasons.

But in the last 30 minutes we played far too deep and invited pressure. Too dangerous when you only have a 1 goal lead. The tippy tappy stuff across the back four is alright but it became the predominate part of our game in the last 30 minutes and for me it became boring. The players are better than that and a bit of possession football down the wings would have been more appropriate. What was Done thinking when he had loads of time to clear and he gave them a corner. Just unnecessary and it cost us 2 points.

The subs have been a problem for both games and I am sure our inexperienced manager will learn from that. Overall I am enjoying this team and can see its potential and you can see that they are a lot happier.

As for the wider club. No programme sellers at 2.40pm outside the ground, pigeon shite on my seat and making Donny fans sit at the front of the stand getting wet because they wouldn't open a third block for them. Only at Dale

I was talking to some Donny fans after the game, and they were unhappy at the stewards refusal to let them sit higher up in another block, they also said they were v relieved to get a point

Poll: Will you download and use the contract tracing App being launched by the Govt

Match thread: Donny (H) on 17:38 - Aug 11 with 1576 viewsrochdale_ranger

Donny will have been made up with getting a point on the back of doing very little work. Playing about at the back is all well and good but I wiould like them to do that in the other half of the pitch. I think bigger teams will be able to pick us apart much easier. We have improved, Pyke looks a good in as does our new keeper. Will be interesting to see how we do against Sunderland.
Match thread: Donny (H) on 17:53 - Aug 11 with 1552 viewsEllDale

It was also difficult to evaluate Sadlier’s late goal from where I was in the Sandy.
Was it rank bad marking? Could Sanchez have come for it?
Match thread: Donny (H) on 17:56 - Aug 11 with 1536 viewsNigeriamark

Match thread: Donny (H) on 17:53 - Aug 11 by EllDale

It was also difficult to evaluate Sadlier’s late goal from where I was in the Sandy.

My view was poor marking and no blame on Sanchez as I don’t think it was in the area for him to come out. In fairness he placed the header perfectly but there should have been more pressure on him. Someone missed their man
Match thread: Donny (H) on 17:59 - Aug 11 with 1521 viewsD_Alien

Match thread: Donny (H) on 17:53 - Aug 11 by EllDale

No, the header was from just beyond the near post; the goalie shouldn't be there. I don't think it was down to defensive error, just a very well-timed run and contact by a tall lad

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024