Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Mike Flynn? 09:50 - Jun 12 with 5370 viewsjacktar

Nation Radio reporting this morning that despite the reports naming Steve Cooper, Mike Flynn is still in the reckoning. I thought things were done and dusted but maybe not so.

We shouldn't all be tarred with the same brush you know!

Mike Flynn? on 00:58 - Jun 13 with 847 viewsjackrmee

Mike Flynn? on 23:33 - Jun 12 by majorraglan

Let’s give credit where to due, Flynn has done a fantastic job with Newport County and he may well be able good enough to manage at a higher level, with or without Newport.
I can’t profess to say I know a great deal about their playing style and can only go from what I see on TV, but Newport play a different game to Swansea which is where it could become unstuck. If a team plays in a certain way, then unless the new manager is someone who plays that way and can build upon what he’s got, then it could become very expensive dismantling a team in order to replace the departing players with individuals who will play the new managers way. The key to Swansea’s previous success has been as a result of developing a style of play, which subsequent managers have then built upon - no need for wholesale changes, that’s what’s needed now.
The playing ethos needs to run through the club like a golden thread, players will know what they need to do to become successful and stepping up should be a much smaller step.

Yep, and Birch has said that he will be making sure this manager, and the next and the next, all fit in with our preferred style of play, so as to fit in smoothly and without too much fuss.

Poll: Who are you voting for this year? I'm sure Grimes will be popular. I've gone Oli

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024