Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Saturday... 22:28 - May 2 with 4629 viewsanotherbiffo

It's been a funny old season, in the way football's meant to be.

Perhaps it's no coincidence, but two of City's three nearest neighbours must drop into what was the old Fourth Division. We Biffos really never recovered from our catastrophic start, in spite of playing, under Wellens, (earlier on) some of the better football seen at BP for a while. You also have a team which appears to have greatly underperformed. In spite of a rousing late comeback v. Spurs, you have leaked injury time equalisers and winning goals with what appears to be depressing monotony.

Come Saturday night, one of us will be down and I honestly don't have an inkling who it will be. I won't feel like posting on here should it be us and I certainly won't be gloating if it isn't. We're two of a kind, or at least two different incarnations of the same thing. So here's to Rochdale and our 'minor' rivalry - whichever divisions we're both in next season.

As I said, it's been a funny one,...
Saturday... on 23:06 - May 2 with 4536 viewspioneer

the sentiments of a true football fan and views I reciprocate... only I hope it’s you that drops. if it is, good luck next season. We would need to see you back at Spotland soon.
Saturday... on 23:12 - May 2 with 4527 viewskiwidale

I'm of a similar mind to you Biffo irrespective of the outcome on Saturday I would much prefer that Dale Oldham and Bury prospered add to that Accy and Halifax. Local games add spice revenue and the opportunity to watch your team away. Whatever the outcome feel free to come on here and post whatever whether its commiserations or congratulations. I know you wont come gloating its not in your nature.

This is not the time for bickering.

Saturday... on 23:31 - May 2 with 4503 viewsrochdale_ranger

I thought Oldham were one of the better teams we have played this season at Boundary park, kicked our arses in fact. Thought things looked ominous when you got rid of Sheridan but then you started doing ok. Surprised your down in the shit with us to be honest.

Pessimistic From a Dale fan I know but I think you will retain league one status. Despite flirting with relegation for the last couple of seasons you always catch a break and seem to avoid it. You have a young manager there who has only been there half a season who has the hunger that I suspect our manager does not. Enjoy the game but not the result on Saturday and good luck next season.
Saturday... on 07:36 - May 3 with 4377 viewsaleanddale

Saturday could be right up there with the Spurs game as one of this seasons classics.

It could also be another punch in the gut like we have had to many times this year already.

Survive and the season will be remembered for a long time to come. Season defined as do you remember "Charlton at Home last game"

Up the Dale

I am predicting a Dale draw and a Northampton win. Nervy but we stumble over the line with our nose in front.
Saturday... on 08:29 - May 3 with 4279 viewsdingdangblue

Saturday... on 07:36 - May 3 by aleanddale

Saturday could be right up there with the Spurs game as one of this seasons classics.

It could also be another punch in the gut like we have had to many times this year already.

Survive and the season will be remembered for a long time to come. Season defined as do you remember "Charlton at Home last game"

Up the Dale

I am predicting a Dale draw and a Northampton win. Nervy but we stumble over the line with our nose in front.

Ominously, last season's result and time of goals conceded seems to have been a dress rehearsal - this was certainly one of the games which cost us a play off place...

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/38474849

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10
Poll: Are fans more annoyed losing or not playing Henderson centre forward?

Saturday... on 12:25 - May 3 with 4074 viewsaleanddale

Saturday... on 08:29 - May 3 by dingdangblue

Ominously, last season's result and time of goals conceded seems to have been a dress rehearsal - this was certainly one of the games which cost us a play off place...

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/38474849

I have a really good feeling about Saturday.

watch this space...
Saturday... on 14:02 - May 3 with 3916 viewsdingdangblue

Bowyer to use his squad. Yes they don't need a win, and hopefully they do have 'one eye' on Thursday's play off game v Shrewsbury (most likely) - but we saw last season v Bradford where we almost tried too hard to score and we ended up missing a load of chances - it's not a given that we will automatically win if they rest players. Calm heads all round and what will be will be.

http://www.newsshopper.co.uk/sport/charlton/16202289.Charlton_caretaker_boss_out

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10

Saturday... on 15:00 - May 3 with 3825 viewsdingdangblue

And stirring words from Northampton...

https://www.ntfc.co.uk/news/2018/may/oldham-h-preview-dean-austin/

Login to get fewer ads

Saturday... on 15:13 - May 3 with 3790 viewsDaleiLama

Saturday... on 12:25 - May 3 by aleanddale

I have a really good feeling about Saturday.

watch this space...

Anyone who has a really good feeling about anything to do with Dale's performance ahead of Saturday is a blind homer in my book.

After the team selection/performances/spurned opportunities/shooting ourselves in the foot, which have seen results as erratic and unpredictable as the weather this season, absolutely anything could happen from a sublime win to a dull stalemate even to a tonking.

No disrespect to you AnD, as I tend towards my cup being half full, but they're ringing last orders and we may not even get to the bar in time. Cheers.

Up the Dale - NOT for sale!
Poll: Is it coming home?

Saturday... on 15:52 - May 3 with 3722 viewsdingdangblue

Saturday... on 15:13 - May 3 by DaleiLama

Anyone who has a really good feeling about anything to do with Dale's performance ahead of Saturday is a blind homer in my book.

After the team selection/performances/spurned opportunities/shooting ourselves in the foot, which have seen results as erratic and unpredictable as the weather this season, absolutely anything could happen from a sublime win to a dull stalemate even to a tonking.

No disrespect to you AnD, as I tend towards my cup being half full, but they're ringing last orders and we may not even get to the bar in time. Cheers.

Maybe he's just going on Holiday - somewhere with no access to phones or tv or internet - that would be heaven on Saturday.

Saturday... on 16:29 - May 3 with 3670 viewsDaleiLama

Saturday... on 15:52 - May 3 by dingdangblue

Maybe he's just going on Holiday - somewhere with no access to phones or tv or internet - that would be heaven on Saturday.

?

Saturday... on 17:21 - May 3 with 3610 viewsaleanddale

Saturday... on 15:13 - May 3 by DaleiLama

its a one off game. A cup tie feel really.

we have done our best work in the cup this season.

watch this space! It really is set up now for a memorable day for the right reasons.

I cant help it... I am confident.. I am convinced we will do what is required and survive.
Saturday... on 16:34 - May 4 with 3357 viewsD_Dale

Tomorrow's results could - according to football.london - produce a play-off for the play-off:

Charlton are within touching distance of the League One play-offs after Tuesday night's results, but there's an exceptional circumstance that could see them needing a play-off for the play-offs.

After Plymouth Argyle lost to Scunthorpe United, The Addicks sit in sixth place in the League One table, three points clear of Argyle and with a better goal difference, six goals better than their rivals.

It looks likely that whatever happens on Saturday, Charlton will be in the play-offs but there is an exceptional circumstance that could see them take on Plymouth in a play-off for the play-offs.

If, and it's a big if, Plymouth beat Gillingham 2-0 and Charlton somehow manage to lose 4-0, the two sides will be tied on every record in the table, looking something like this:

P46 W20 D11 L15 GF58 GA52 Pts71

Normally, how the teams fared against one another would be called into the equation, but that won't even separate the two - Charlton beat Plymouth 2-0 at home while Plymouth beat Charlton by the same scoreline in the reverse fixture.

It's an exceptional circumstance and unlikely to happen, but stranger things have happened in the world of football.

Here's what else could happen on the final day that will affect Charlton:

Shrewsbury Town are guaranteed to finish third, so if Charlton lose and finish sixth, they'll face the Shropshire side in the play-offs.

If Chalrton win and Scunthorpe win or draw, Charlton will also more than likely face Shrewsbury too.

If Scunthorpe lose, however, Lee Bowyer's men will face Rotherham in the play-offs instead, with the Yorkshire side looking for an immediate return to the Championship after relegation last season.
Saturday... on 16:47 - May 4 with 3316 viewsDaleiLama

Saturday... on 16:34 - May 4 by D_Dale

Tomorrow's results could - according to football.london - produce a play-off for the play-off:

Charlton are within touching distance of the League One play-offs after Tuesday night's results, but there's an exceptional circumstance that could see them needing a play-off for the play-offs.

After Plymouth Argyle lost to Scunthorpe United, The Addicks sit in sixth place in the League One table, three points clear of Argyle and with a better goal difference, six goals better than their rivals.

It looks likely that whatever happens on Saturday, Charlton will be in the play-offs but there is an exceptional circumstance that could see them take on Plymouth in a play-off for the play-offs.

If, and it's a big if, Plymouth beat Gillingham 2-0 and Charlton somehow manage to lose 4-0, the two sides will be tied on every record in the table, looking something like this:

Normally, how the teams fared against one another would be called into the equation, but that won't even separate the two - Charlton beat Plymouth 2-0 at home while Plymouth beat Charlton by the same scoreline in the reverse fixture.

It's an exceptional circumstance and unlikely to happen, but stranger things have happened in the world of football.

Shrewsbury Town are guaranteed to finish third, so if Charlton lose and finish sixth, they'll face the Shropshire side in the play-offs.

If Chalrton win and Scunthorpe win or draw, Charlton will also more than likely face Shrewsbury too.

If Scunthorpe lose, however, Lee Bowyer's men will face Rotherham in the play-offs instead, with the Yorkshire side looking for an immediate return to the Championship after relegation last season.

I've got a customer in West Cornwall who knows a local fella who took a punt on Plymouth - £10 @500-1 to make the play-offs when they were rock bottom. He's hoping for the six goal swing but not ending in this tie. I don't see us beating Charlton 6-0 - he'll need Gillingham to capitulate big style and concede plenty if our previous goal scoring prowess (or lack of it) is anything to go by and this miracle comes off.

Saturday... on 16:49 - May 4 with 3314 viewsjudd

Saturday... on 16:34 - May 4 by D_Dale

Well every betting slip I've seen seems to have Charlton to win at odds of 17:30.

Never seen owt like that.

Poll: What is it to be then?

Saturday... on 17:14 - May 4 with 3256 viewsYorkshire_Dale

There's a lot of kidology going on with this team selection bizzo........it sort of makes sense to start with a weakened team but have a bit of bite on the bench "just in case".....Hilly however must put out his BEST attacking side and get at them if they are "weakened "from the off......NO FARTING about,please.

"intelligent energy" as he calls it.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024