Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Whatever happened to Steven Caulker 22:06 - May 5 with 3983 viewsItalianR

Does anyone know what happened to the poor Steven? From back-up striker to car park monitor? He is not even making the bench and Liverpool are playing with Kolo Toure! Surely he is injured?
Whatever happened to Steven Caulker on 22:34 - May 5 with 3941 viewsfrancisbowles

No unfortunately he has started the long walk back to Loftus Road!
Whatever happened to Steven Caulker on 22:36 - May 5 with 3928 viewsconnell10

Whatever happened to Steven Caulker on 22:34 - May 5 by francisbowles

No unfortunately he has started the long walk back to Loftus Road!

He will be to pissed to find his way, with any luck he might end up back at cardiff.

AND WHEN I DREAM , I DREAM ABOUT YOU AND WHEN I SCREAM I SCREAM ABOUT YOU!!!!!
Poll: best number 10 ever?

Whatever happened to Steven Caulker on 22:43 - May 5 with 3894 viewsQPRDave

He'll be with us next season. So do we pay him to sit in the reserves or try and get him back playing to a decent level?.....can't see anyone coming in for him permanent or loan
Whatever happened to Steven Caulker on 01:50 - May 6 with 3776 viewsPunteR

Theres something seriously wrong with this fella. Obviously i dont know him personally but from the things i've read and heard the lad needs a bit of help.
He's still our player end of the day and despite all the money he's earned off us i still think the club have a responsibility to make sure he's ok.
I dont like this trend we're starting to have of shifting on players like they should be some other clubs problem when we're the ones that signed them and gave them contracts.

Occasional providers of half decent House music.

Whatever happened to Steven Caulker on 07:46 - May 6 with 3674 viewsDorse

I think he might end up as one of our starting CBs, at least for the start of the season. Clubs aren't going to take a punt on him if he's not playing. The best scenario for us would be that he plays the first 10 games and gets noticed by the end of the summer transfer window leaving us with a few quid to go after our longer-term targets. It might work out well for everyone. However, with our track record in player sales...

'What do we want? We don't know! When do we want it? Now!'

Whatever happened to Steven Caulker on 08:40 - May 6 with 3611 viewsDannytheR

He's a lose-lose situation, on the pitch and the payroll. There have been rumours for a while that if Sunderland stay up Allardyce will go in for him, so we should be hoping and praying results go their way.

If not, I'm not sure if I can think of a side who might want him. Maybe Middlesboro or Brighton might take a punt on loan.

The one thing we cannot do is have him in the side next season. Apart from a small child or an old woman I actually can't think of a worse potential partner for Hall, who needs a competent and experienced defender next to him for his and our sake. Caulker stumbling around getting out jumped by players of 5'6 and passing the ball back to the opposition on the edge of our box over and over again would knacker us and ruin Hall in the process.
Whatever happened to Steven Caulker on 08:54 - May 6 with 3577 viewsterryb

Whatever happened to Steven Caulker on 01:50 - May 6 by PunteR

Theres something seriously wrong with this fella. Obviously i dont know him personally but from the things i've read and heard the lad needs a bit of help.
He's still our player end of the day and despite all the money he's earned off us i still think the club have a responsibility to make sure he's ok.
I dont like this trend we're starting to have of shifting on players like they should be some other clubs problem when we're the ones that signed them and gave them contracts.

Surely the last sentence applies to Tottenham & Cardiff in the case of Caulker as well?

I feel sure that his problems, & like you I do believe that he requires a lot of help & counselling, were all there before we signed him.

However, no help can be given unless Caulker admits to having problems. Is he likely to do so?

Without that help, Rangers would be better off paying him but keeping him far away from the squad until his contract expires. IMO
Whatever happened to Steven Caulker on 10:48 - May 6 with 3474 viewsGloucs_R

Interesting one. I think if anyone can get him playing its JFH. He has talent, just not the motivation. If I was JFH I would be telling him to knuckle down and prove himself again, then an offer will come in once he gets back to his best.

I'd like to see him alongside Hall, I think they could make a good partnership.

Poll: Are we staying up?

Login to get fewer ads

Whatever happened to Steven Caulker on 12:10 - May 6 with 3403 viewsfrancisbowles

Whatever happened to Steven Caulker on 10:48 - May 6 by Gloucs_R

Interesting one. I think if anyone can get him playing its JFH. He has talent, just not the motivation. If I was JFH I would be telling him to knuckle down and prove himself again, then an offer will come in once he gets back to his best.

I'd like to see him alongside Hall, I think they could make a good partnership.

I'm normally in the optimists camp on here but with Caulker, Klop hasn't managed to get him back to some form and I'm not sure he is strong enough for the Championship.

As for partnering him with Hall, the ball would be forever bouncing in our area. At least with Hill you get his heading ability and organisation whereas with Ned you get his pace. Not sure what strengths Caulker has as I don't think I have seen him play really well.
Whatever happened to Steven Caulker on 12:19 - May 6 with 3383 viewsGloucs_R

He was ever only going to be a last resort at Liverpool, bit naive of him to think anything other than that when he didnt even make an impact at Southampton.
[Post edited 6 May 2016 12:32]

Whatever happened to Steven Caulker on 12:34 - May 6 with 3345 viewssimmo

Whatever happened to Steven Caulker on 22:43 - May 5 by QPRDave

He'll be with us next season. So do we pay him to sit in the reserves or try and get him back playing to a decent level?.....can't see anyone coming in for him permanent or loan

TBH I think his name still carries enough weight that we will have offers, although it's clear we'll have to take a big loss either way.

Be very surprised if another premiership team doesn't fancy taking him for a year, as cover if nothing else.

ask Beavis I get nothing Butthead

Whatever happened to Steven Caulker on 12:50 - May 6 with 3309 viewsGloucs_R

Whatever happened to Steven Caulker on 12:34 - May 6 by simmo

TBH I think his name still carries enough weight that we will have offers, although it's clear we'll have to take a big loss either way.

Be very surprised if another premiership team doesn't fancy taking him for a year, as cover if nothing else.

I think the opposite, I cant see anyone wanting him as he has done FA for 2 years.

Whatever happened to Steven Caulker on 13:49 - May 6 with 3217 viewssimmo

Whatever happened to Steven Caulker on 12:50 - May 6 by Gloucs_R

I think the opposite, I cant see anyone wanting him as he has done FA for 2 years.

He was mostly shite in a relegated team and was in the news whilst doing it for getting too drunk and shoplifting. The result? He got offered by Southampton - did nothing, the result? He got offered by Liverpool. He's clearly got a good agent, add to that he's relatively young, English, still has 'potential', will definitely be available at a relatively low price and will be keen to agree terms - plus he already has hundreds of league games to his name, many as captain.

There must be SOMEONE. Even if it's just for Pulis style 89th min appearances for 'purely footballing reasons'.

Whatever happened to Steven Caulker on 13:51 - May 6 with 3210 viewsterryb

Whatever happened to Steven Caulker on 13:49 - May 6 by simmo

He was mostly shite in a relegated team and was in the news whilst doing it for getting too drunk and shoplifting. The result? He got offered by Southampton - did nothing, the result? He got offered by Liverpool. He's clearly got a good agent, add to that he's relatively young, English, still has 'potential', will definitely be available at a relatively low price and will be keen to agree terms - plus he already has hundreds of league games to his name, many as captain.

There must be SOMEONE. Even if it's just for Pulis style 89th min appearances for 'purely footballing reasons'.

Thank you Simmo.

You have raised my hopes considerably!
Whatever happened to Steven Caulker on 13:55 - May 6 with 3200 viewssimmo

Whatever happened to Steven Caulker on 13:51 - May 6 by terryb

Thank you Simmo.

You have raised my hopes considerably!

Sandro spent 7 months doing Kung Fu videos in Brazil after 2 years being injured. We STILL managed to find a premier league team to take him.

Whatever happened to Steven Caulker on 13:55 - May 6 with 3197 viewsGloucs_R

Whatever happened to Steven Caulker on 13:49 - May 6 by simmo

Love your optimism!!

Whatever happened to Steven Caulker on 00:32 - May 7 with 3008 viewsWindsorHoopMan

Is he at liverpool till the end of the season? He must be worth 3 mill
Whatever happened to Steven Caulker on 08:08 - May 7 with 2925 viewsPunteR

Whatever happened to Steven Caulker on 08:54 - May 6 by terryb

Surely the last sentence applies to Tottenham & Cardiff in the case of Caulker as well?

I feel sure that his problems, & like you I do believe that he requires a lot of help & counselling, were all there before we signed him.

However, no help can be given unless Caulker admits to having problems. Is he likely to do so?

Without that help, Rangers would be better off paying him but keeping him far away from the squad until his contract expires. IMO

Agree that it would have applied to Cardiff and Spurs but he's our player now.
He obviously has ability to play but his motivation and his attitude seems to be the main issue.
Yes he has to want to make the changes himself but I would like to see us making efforts to improve him ourselves. Its all well and good picking up players from league one and improving them but I think there's still a case for improving players we've already got despite the wages they are on.
When I say improvements I don't just mean their football ability which players are born with, but their whole round professionalism.
QPR are exactly the sort of club that should keep players grounded. With the way things are going here and with a manager like Jimmy ,I'd like to think we could get Caulkers' career up and running again. If I'm not mistaken Caulker is a local lad as well which should give added impetus for the club.
[Post edited 7 May 2016 8:49]

Occasional providers of half decent House music.

Whatever happened to Steven Caulker on 08:26 - May 7 with 2908 viewsBlue_Castello

Any chance Sir Clint of Hill can take him in as a lodger, he can then treat him like one of his children and there's no better role model........
Whatever happened to Steven Caulker on 11:50 - May 7 with 2827 viewsterryb

Whatever happened to Steven Caulker on 08:08 - May 7 by PunteR

Agree that it would have applied to Cardiff and Spurs but he's our player now.
He obviously has ability to play but his motivation and his attitude seems to be the main issue.
Yes he has to want to make the changes himself but I would like to see us making efforts to improve him ourselves. Its all well and good picking up players from league one and improving them but I think there's still a case for improving players we've already got despite the wages they are on.
When I say improvements I don't just mean their football ability which players are born with, but their whole round professionalism.
QPR are exactly the sort of club that should keep players grounded. With the way things are going here and with a manager like Jimmy ,I'd like to think we could get Caulkers' career up and running again. If I'm not mistaken Caulker is a local lad as well which should give added impetus for the club.
[Post edited 7 May 2016 8:49]

I certainly agree with the sentiments that we should do as much as we can for our employees.

Hope I'm wrong, but I just don't think that he accepts/realises that he has problems & needs help.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024