Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Scott Sinclar - A Villa Fan's Opinion 11:24 - Jan 31 with 5764 viewstomdickharry

I used to classify him as one of the worst attacking players I've ever seen play for us, but now I'd like to upgraded him simply to one of the worst players, regardless of position, that I've ever seen wear the shirt.

He's literally a streak off piss, no strength, no ability to protect the ball and is totally brainless, can't make the right decisions at the right time and always makes life hard for himself with the ball at his feet. What an absolutely garbage player he is.
Scott Sinclar - A Villa Fan's Opinion on 14:35 - Jan 31 with 1118 viewsDr_Winston

Scott Sinclar - A Villa Fan's Opinion on 14:26 - Jan 31 by EasternJack

Just like many of our underachievers, I'm keen to see how Montero responds to some genuine coaching expertise.

Releasing the potential of many of our players significantly improves our playing squad.

Imagine if Montero was getting the ball 15/20 yards further up the pitch and before opposing teams had had chance to settle into defensive lines.

So many of our woes this season have been self-inflicted. Hopefully FG has the wherewithal to start putting an end to most of them.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Scott Sinclar - A Villa Fan's Opinion on 14:37 - Jan 31 with 1115 viewsjack247

Scott Sinclar - A Villa Fan's Opinion on 14:26 - Jan 31 by EasternJack

Just like many of our underachievers, I'm keen to see how Montero responds to some genuine coaching expertise.

Releasing the potential of many of our players significantly improves our playing squad.

I'd agree with that and the same could probably be said for Gomis.

I don't think anyone doubts Montero has potential or raw talent.
Scott Sinclar - A Villa Fan's Opinion on 14:39 - Jan 31 with 1112 viewsscottishjack

Anyone able to call up the stats? Jeff v Scott? Just in the Premier league for the Swans? Genuinely interested...
Scott Sinclar - A Villa Fan's Opinion on 14:42 - Jan 31 with 1103 viewsjack247

Scott Sinclar - A Villa Fan's Opinion on 14:39 - Jan 31 by scottishjack

Anyone able to call up the stats? Jeff v Scott? Just in the Premier league for the Swans? Genuinely interested...

Hard to measure id say. Sinclair has more goals and probably more assists. However the stats don't account for the panic in defences Montero caused when he first got here, which probably indirectly led to chances.
Scott Sinclar - A Villa Fan's Opinion on 14:44 - Jan 31 with 1096 viewslondonlisa2001

Scott Sinclar - A Villa Fan's Opinion on 14:35 - Jan 31 by Dr_Winston

Imagine if Montero was getting the ball 15/20 yards further up the pitch and before opposing teams had had chance to settle into defensive lines.

So many of our woes this season have been self-inflicted. Hopefully FG has the wherewithal to start putting an end to most of them.

He'd need to be both intelligent and hard working to expect a manager to change his game quickly enough to have an effect.

Has never struck me as either to be honest.

I like him, but am struggling to see this class that others see in him - he has a very quick take off over 5 yards and very little end product. Now whether that's partly caused by Gomis' inability to ever run to the near post and could be better if Paloschi makes more intelligent runs (and earlier runs) I'm not sure, but at the moment he beats a bloke, beats him again, beats him again and finally lobs in a cross with no power which is easily cleared unless Gomis happens to have found himself inadvertently in the right part of the penalty area.
Scott Sinclar - A Villa Fan's Opinion on 14:46 - Jan 31 with 1095 viewsscottishjack

Scott Sinclar - A Villa Fan's Opinion on 14:42 - Jan 31 by jack247

Hard to measure id say. Sinclair has more goals and probably more assists. However the stats don't account for the panic in defences Montero caused when he first got here, which probably indirectly led to chances.

I would imagine that Scott got more assists, can say with some certainty that he scored more goals....

Just putting it out there!
Scott Sinclar - A Villa Fan's Opinion on 14:49 - Jan 31 with 1079 viewsDr_Winston

Scott Sinclar - A Villa Fan's Opinion on 14:44 - Jan 31 by londonlisa2001

He'd need to be both intelligent and hard working to expect a manager to change his game quickly enough to have an effect.

Has never struck me as either to be honest.

I like him, but am struggling to see this class that others see in him - he has a very quick take off over 5 yards and very little end product. Now whether that's partly caused by Gomis' inability to ever run to the near post and could be better if Paloschi makes more intelligent runs (and earlier runs) I'm not sure, but at the moment he beats a bloke, beats him again, beats him again and finally lobs in a cross with no power which is easily cleared unless Gomis happens to have found himself inadvertently in the right part of the penalty area.

He wouldn't have to change his game. We'd just have to attack quickly enough and with adequate numbers to make doubling up on him less effective.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Scott Sinclar - A Villa Fan's Opinion on 14:54 - Jan 31 with 1062 viewslondonlisa2001

Scott Sinclar - A Villa Fan's Opinion on 14:49 - Jan 31 by Dr_Winston

He wouldn't have to change his game. We'd just have to attack quickly enough and with adequate numbers to make doubling up on him less effective.

He'd have to improve his positioning though and also won't make a Guidolin team unless he starts tracking back. Half the time he's just hanging about on the wing - that's why Routs is being played instead of him at the moment and Barrow as well.
Login to get fewer ads

Scott Sinclar - A Villa Fan's Opinion on 14:58 - Jan 31 with 1049 viewsdobjack2

Scott Sinclar - A Villa Fan's Opinion on 14:54 - Jan 31 by londonlisa2001

He'd have to improve his positioning though and also won't make a Guidolin team unless he starts tracking back. Half the time he's just hanging about on the wing - that's why Routs is being played instead of him at the moment and Barrow as well.

Part of our problems this year is that the full backs haven't had the same tracking back support from the wingers.

We look to be changing our pattern but in a team like ours we can't afford passengers when we don't have the ball
Scott Sinclar - A Villa Fan's Opinion on 19:09 - Jan 31 with 957 viewsGowerjack

Scott Sinclar - A Villa Fan's Opinion on 14:01 - Jan 31 by blaine_scfc

I love Sinclair as much as anyone for what he did for us in regards to getting here, but will never make it as a premier league player. He left us for Man City knowing fully well he wasn't going to play, he went for the cash.

I wouldn't be as brutal as that Villa fan for sentimental reasons, but he's not far wrong in his assessment of Sinclair. I still can't get over some people want him to replace Montero, completely baffles me.

Montero ?

What has he brought to us this season?

Very little .

Plastic since 1974
Poll: Is ECB for tyranny?

Scott Sinclar - A Villa Fan's Opinion on 19:12 - Jan 31 with 938 viewsblaine_scfc

Scott Sinclar - A Villa Fan's Opinion on 19:09 - Jan 31 by Gowerjack

Montero ?

What has he brought to us this season?

Very little .

Got us the point at Chelsea in my opinion, completely humiliated Ivanovic, did the same to Janmaat home to Newcastle and was on fire at start of season. He's off form granted, but still one of our best players in my opinion.
Scott Sinclar - A Villa Fan's Opinion on 19:18 - Jan 31 with 923 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Scott Sinclar - A Villa Fan's Opinion on 14:49 - Jan 31 by Dr_Winston

Spot on. I'm really quite excited about what Guidolin is bringing to the table. Could be a marriage made in heaven

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

Scott Sinclar - A Villa Fan's Opinion on 20:01 - Jan 31 with 884 viewsjack247

Scott Sinclar - A Villa Fan's Opinion on 19:18 - Jan 31 by Brynmill_Jack

Spot on. I'm really quite excited about what Guidolin is bringing to the table. Could be a marriage made in heaven

That's the dream. If he can make players out of Montero and Gomis we are laughing. If he can't, just ship them both in the summer.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024